Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites
Default Papertrey ink frustration

Im frustrated. I've been very patient and now im just plain upset. I have used Papertrey for awhile now. I've bought allot of things. I LOVE their paper, love it. Love some of their stamp sets. Love the dies. But I HATE their ink. Im fed up with the ink problem. Im at a loss of what to do. I have emailed them and either I have to 'pay' to ship it back at my expense or live with it or buy reinkers. Why should I have to buy reinkers when I just bought a brand new pad! How is that service? So here I have to live with inks that are not 'perfect match' ... my hawaiian shores ink for instance comes out blue not tealish like the paper. My plum pudding ink is lighter than the paper. And the inks come out splotchy ... not clear like Memento does.

I dont know what else to do but to write my frustrations here and see if anyone else shares the same problems as I do?! I really have tried hard to work with the inks, work with PTI (with no responses or replies back sometimes after waiting a long long time), and im getting no where. I know their was a thread before titled 'Papertrey Rant' but im not trying to rant at all. Im trying to figure out why they cannot get these inks fixed, if anyone else has this problem and maybe get an answer from them. Obviously emailing them privately gets me no where.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate any incite you all can give.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Brand-new post on Nichole's blog tonight announced that PTI is discontinuing their inks!! I have never had a problem (I only have a handful of inks) but was surprised to hear the news. They're going with a new manufacturer and hopes to have them available in October!

so... that's that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I, too, got frustrated with their ink. It's the only thing I do not buy from them. Hope their new manufacturer will come through!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #4  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
Brand-new post on Nichole's blog tonight announced that PTI is discontinuing their inks!! I have never had a problem (I only have a handful of inks) but was surprised to hear the news. They're going with a new manufacturer and hopes to have them available in October!

so... that's that!
Wow thanks for the info. Thats too bad that in the end they cant fix it. But that still leaves me with tons of dollars invested in inks that are no good. :( Well I hope they can do better with the new manufacturer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

so... that's that!
Wow, big change. Thanks for the info! October sure seems like a long time away when you're waiting for something as indispensible as ink, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am so glad they are changing the ink.
This is another example of PTI listening to the customers.
I also have some inks. My HS does not match but I use on other cards. I really look forward to the new inks. And October will be here soon enough.

OP - many of us have had the same issue of the ink not matching the cardstock. The ink is seperating resulting in stamping a different color.
If you use a spoon - smoosh the ink to mix it in your pad. It will help. Also if you have reinkers - reink the pad and that will help give a matching color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I bought 2 ink pads a couple of years back. Waste of money. such a shame because I really like their other products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Sounds like they are committed to solving the ink problem for good, though it's a bummer that it will take time. Hopefully the end result will be truly "PTI-worthy" and we'll all love it!
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I understand your frustration. I love PTI but their ink was so inconsistent... some worked, some didn't. If you have lots of ink that doesn't work I would pay to ship it back... the shipping will not cost much and will be offset by getting your $ back if you have a lot invested. I have 3 pads that are worthless but the rest of the ink works fine so for me I just sucked it up with those 3 pads. I am thrilled that they are finally going to a new manufacturer. Hoping we will finally get consistently good ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
Wow thanks for the info. Thats too bad that in the end they cant fix it. But that still leaves me with tons of dollars invested in inks that are no good. :( Well I hope they can do better with the new manufacturer.
My sentiments, exactly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyLeaView Post
I understand your frustration. I love PTI but their ink was so inconsistent... some worked, some didn't. If you have lots of ink that doesn't work I would pay to ship it back... the shipping will not cost much and will be offset by getting your $ back if you have a lot invested. I have 3 pads that are worthless but the rest of the ink works fine so for me I just sucked it up with those 3 pads. I am thrilled that they are finally going to a new manufacturer. Hoping we will finally get consistently good ink.
I wasn't offered any kind of credit. I was told the shipping back had to be in a padded envelope, which costs over $1 and then plus postage and I would get a something like a $1.60 credit for shipping but I wouldn't get a refund.... and this was when they sent me the wrong inkpad! This wasn't me having a quality problem with the inks.

I think I'm about done with PTI to be honest. I have had a number of reasons to contact CS over the time I have been purchasing from them and nothing is ever addressed in a polite way. It is always that I am bothering them; then the issues haven't even been resolved... it is pretty much a joke.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Glad to find this thread. I was thinking of switching to PTI ink and paper because SU is going up--a big price hike IMO--on their paper. But, maybe I should just suck up the increase and stick with them. I know their ink and paper match well and I do have lots of their inks.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #13  

I love PTI...I really do. But the ink is a big issue. Frankly I'm surprised that it took them this long to do something about it. None of my ink pads work properly. Don't ask me why I kept buying them. LOL! I'm an addict...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I will agree that the ink is awful. Very dissappointed in the last 2 pads I bought. The Hawaiian Shores is not a teal color at all. The ink pad matches Gina K. Designs Ocean Mist really well, I found that out yesterday when trying to make something using the ink pad.

Glad to hear they are trying something different. I haven't really had good luck with the customer service either. But I only had a question not a problem.

Shipping is really fast and I always place a big enough order for free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

so... that's that!
OMG - are you kidding me?!!!! That's it. I'm going Gina K!

I've been trying to flip to PTI colors from SU colors, but couldn't get my hands on things as PTI can't seem to figure out how to keep things in stock. It's freaking annoying! Amazingly, I have a few colors, but have found that I have to reink the pads BEFORE the first use or they don't stamp worth a flip. I tried them again (before reinking as I didn't have the reinkers) after storing them upside down for days and got the same results. Of course, I didn't order the reinkers on the first order (since they were out) but was able to get a couple of them on the second order. They do stamp much better after being reinked. I have to admit that I'm surprised they would sell such poor quality pads.

I've tried for MONTHS to get certain colors and every time I go on their site to order them, at least one, if not all, are out of stock. Argh! Thankfully, I just recently bought quite a few Memento colors as Memento seems to match other brands of paper easily. Guess I'll just use those while I work on switching to Gina K. Gina has fabulous customer service and stocks things well! Anytime I've had a question or concern she's responded immediately and been super nice and wonderful to work with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
I agree. I'm in the same situation. It's quite a bit of money that could have been used for other things. I don't know that I will be that eager to re-purchase all the colors when the "new" pads come out either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

Read what has been posted on PTI's store regarding their ink:

http://www.papertreyink.com/pm_ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by digbyView Post
I agree. I'm in the same situation. It's quite a bit of money that could have been used for other things. I don't know that I will be that eager to re-purchase all the colors when the "new" pads come out either.
Especially since this is the second round of new pads. One of my GFs has all of the pads and has been replacing her original ones with the "new and improved" version which is now being discontinued. I guess I was lucky with the stocking issues as I only ended up with a few colors (including, ironically, Fresh Snow and Vintage Cream, which are not being discontinued) and have less to replace. I really feel for those that are having to replace large amounts as they're not being treated well by the company. They really should offer a discount or some sort of trade in program. It will be expensive and hard to manage, but it's the right thing to do.

Last edited by kikikaren; 06-15-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I have all the PTI ink colors and have only had problems with a few. I have bought mostly cubes so that my investment hasn't been too great as inconstancies began to mount. I am very pleased that PTI has made a decision to change manufacturers in order to match the quality of their other products. With many new customers trying PTI in recent months, I feel they have done well in adjusting their stock to meet the greater demand during this period of rapid growth.

My Blog http://sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
Especially since this is the second round of new pads. One of my GFs has all of the pads and has been replacing her original ones with the "new and improved" version which is now being discontinued. I guess I was lucky with the stocking issues as I only ended up with a few colors (including, ironically, Fresh Snow and Vintage Cream, which are not being discontinued) and have less to replace. I really feel for those that are having to replace large amounts as they're not being treated well by the company. They really should offer a discount or some sort of trade in program. It will be expensive and hard to manage, but it's the right thing to do.
<sigh> That would be me. I have all the original type pads in both full-sized and cubes except Sweet Blush which NEVER worked for me). I also have all the refills. Then I replaced all of them with the new and improved and oh-so-wonderful (note sarcasm here) formula as they became available. Couldn't get them to work, but kept buying them as I was assured that it was "user-error" and if I'd just take the time, I'd learn how to do it right. :rolleyes: Also have all the pads, cubes and refills. Smooshed, smashed, watched videos, ruined tons of cardstock and they STILL never worked right for me. <sigh>

It's going to be REALLY hard to have faith enough to invest in these all over again. I've found a pretty good list of matches from Momento, SU, CTMH, etc. I think I'm done with PTI inks for good this time. :(
Attached Files
File Type: doc momento pti matches.doc (25.0 KB, 341 views)

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for posting the comparison chart Deb! I forwarded it on to my GF as between us, we have most of the Memento colors and she has every PTI color of everything. Literally, everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have every single color of the ink pads and the reinkers...what a wasted..I have never ever gotten a good impression. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking of how much money I have invested in all the full size pads and reinkers I cant use because they suck.
I love everything else I have gotten from them.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also surprised it's taken them this long to solve the problem, as I believe it has been on the table now since aqua mist came out- and that was a year ago? Two years ago?

I feel for those of you that have invested in the inks. I only bought aqua mist and sweet blush (along with the reinkers I believe) and after having issues with both I switched to Palette strictly.

Now I will only buy cardstock from PTI and nothing else. I can't see giving a company money who has such poor customer service- which is a real shame because they do have some wonderful stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #24  

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I am so glad they are changing the ink.
This is another example of PTI listening to the customers.
I also have some inks. My HS does not match but I use on other cards. I really look forward to the new inks. And October will be here soon enough.

OP - many of us have had the same issue of the ink not matching the cardstock. The ink is seperating resulting in stamping a different color.
If you use a spoon - smoosh the ink to mix it in your pad. It will help. Also if you have reinkers - reink the pad and that will help give a matching color.
They listen after a loooong road of trying to get thru to them. And what about all of us that have invested allot in their ink now. Its like a car, if theres a faulty part on almost all of them they will recall it. Wheres PTI's recall?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #25  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyLeaView Post
I wonder if I can ship it all back. Ive written them email after email and no response to those about the ink.

That would be nice if they took it all back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #26  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
I wasn't offered any kind of credit. I was told the shipping back had to be in a padded envelope, which costs over $1 and then plus postage and I would get a something like a $1.60 credit for shipping but I wouldn't get a refund.... and this was when they sent me the wrong inkpad! This wasn't me having a quality problem with the inks.

I think I'm about done with PTI to be honest. I have had a number of reasons to contact CS over the time I have been purchasing from them and nothing is ever addressed in a polite way. It is always that I am bothering them; then the issues haven't even been resolved... it is pretty much a joke.
Yes it was a small credit, but instead of them having UPS pick it up. They inconvenience the customer to send them back. They should have just replaced them instead of trying to hassle people into sending them back. I think this experience with them and the inks have really hurt their company and what people think of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #27  

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
I'm also surprised it's taken them this long to solve the problem, as I believe it has been on the table now since aqua mist came out- and that was a year ago? Two years ago?

I feel for those of you that have invested in the inks. I only bought aqua mist and sweet blush (along with the reinkers I believe) and after having issues with both I switched to Palette strictly.

Now I will only buy cardstock from PTI and nothing else. I can't see giving a company money who has such poor customer service- which is a real shame because they do have some wonderful stamp sets.
I agree, Tracy.

Imagine my shock when I went to purchase $60 worth of white cardstock two days before the release and they were sold out! I couldn't believe it. And I'm totally out. So I placed my first order with Gina K. She's pretty local to me (in Western WI) and I've heard such wonderful things about her. I placed my order on Sunday and Monday by 8 am I had a shipping notice. I can't wait to try out her cardstock!

I do love PTI stamps. I am feeling a little sick knowing how much money I've spent on the full size ink pads. I really hope PTI does the right thing and let us return them for full credit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #28  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastersdegreeView Post
Glad to find this thread. I was thinking of switching to PTI ink and paper because SU is going up--a big price hike IMO--on their paper. But, maybe I should just suck up the increase and stick with them. I know their ink and paper match well and I do have lots of their inks.
PTI's paper is great, its awesome ... love their paper. But their ink is terrible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #29  

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
I will agree that the ink is awful. Very dissappointed in the last 2 pads I bought. The Hawaiian Shores is not a teal color at all. The ink pad matches Gina K. Designs Ocean Mist really well, I found that out yesterday when trying to make something using the ink pad.

Glad to hear they are trying something different. I haven't really had good luck with the customer service either. But I only had a question not a problem.

Shipping is really fast and I always place a big enough order for free shipping.
LOL it should match theirs ... but glad u found something.

Shipping is not bad. But the customer service is not good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
<sigh> That would be me. I have all the original type pads in both full-sized and cubes except Sweet Blush which NEVER worked for me). I also have all the refills. Then I replaced all of them with the new and improved and oh-so-wonderful (note sarcasm here) formula as they became available. Couldn't get them to work, but kept buying them as I was assured that it was "user-error" and if I'd just take the time, I'd learn how to do it right. :rolleyes: Also have all the pads, cubes and refills. Smooshed, smashed, watched videos, ruined tons of cardstock and they STILL never worked right for me. <sigh>

It's going to be REALLY hard to have faith enough to invest in these all over again. I've found a pretty good list of matches from Momento, SU, CTMH, etc. I think I'm done with PTI inks for good this time. :(
Thanks so much for sharing this comparison list I've been thinking about adding to my Memento collection -- and now you've pushed me over the edge lol. I haven't had TOO much trouble with my PTI inks, but do share in the frustration of "replace these with the new and improved, oh wait, those don't work either...um, well..." I'm a happy PTI customer otherwise -- but I do have a lot of $$ invested in ink pads that I would have rather spent on stamps or some delicious ribbons...mmmmmm....ribbon....lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemlaceyView Post
I agree, Tracy.

Imagine my shock when I went to purchase $60 worth of white cardstock two days before the release and they were sold out! I couldn't believe it. And I'm totally out. So I placed my first order with Gina K. She's pretty local to me (in Western WI) and I've heard such wonderful things about her. I placed my order on Sunday and Monday by 8 am I had a shipping notice. I can't wait to try out her cardstock!

I do love PTI stamps. I am feeling a little sick knowing how much money I've spent on the full size ink pads. I really hope PTI does the right thing and let us return them for full credit.
I have PTI's white and Gina K's... I like them both for different uses. I hoard Gina K's, lol. It's so smooth- and nice to work with -- GREAT with my Copics --

as far as returning the inks for full credit - somehow I'm doubting that will happen...I think we're all just out of luck. I do think it would be nice though - to get some sort of discounted offer if you have the original (either version) pads when you are replacing a color in the future...I guess we'll all have to wait and see...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002View Post
Thanks so much for sharing this comparison list I've been thinking about adding to my Memento collection -- and now you've pushed me over the edge lol. I haven't had TOO much trouble with my PTI inks, but do share in the frustration of "replace these with the new and improved, oh wait, those don't work either...um, well..." I'm a happy PTI customer otherwise -- but I do have a lot of $$ invested in ink pads that I would have rather spent on stamps or some delicious ribbons...mmmmmm....ribbon....lol.
Memento is what I use with my PTI CS as well! Most of the colors match up quite nicely. I also love the fact that it's Copics compatible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

I have all the inks and only have a problem with a few of them (2).

I have no problem buying the new ones when they come out. I will just use up what I have now and replace as they run out. Nothing even says I have to buy the new ones when they come out. I of course would get the two that I have problems with, but the others are just fine until they run dry.

The way I see it, I was going to waste the $50-75 to begin with (popcorn and a movie), so I might as well get some enjoyment out of it.

I can almost guarantee you they will not credit you for all of your previous ink so you can buy the new ones. Can you imagine thousands of people sending their inks back in exchange and trying to get that return correct? Nightmare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
Agreed, Kiki. It wouldn't be good for their bottom line initially, but that is the right thing to do. Especially since they're washing their hands of the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmeganView Post
Agreed, Kiki. It wouldn't be good for their bottom line initially, but that is the right thing to do. Especially since they're washing their hands of the problem.
I'm in manufacturing... if it is a supplier problem (which in this case it is supplier quality) they shuold have a deal to recoup money from the supplier on this. So it wouldn't necessarily be bad for their bottom line because the supplier usually has to eat those types of costs. If PTI is choosing not to seek payment for quality issues then I think they are missing out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

i never did like their ink either - only bought a few cubes to try out. i DO LOVE their cardstock - the colors are much more vibrant than SU. i have the little memento, brilliance and versamagic dew drops - VERY easy to collect all the colors and you really don't need a full size pad for every color - i have had NO problems finding matching ink for ANYONE's paper i use. and those tsukineko inks are really the best quality i think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Default Papertrey ink frustration

Subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am just glad that PTI LISTENED to their customers about the ink issues.
To me this shows they are doing something about it.

I also understand while it is sad that they cannot take the ink back as returns.

There are still people that use this ink so you could list your inks in the B/S/T or on ebay and they will sell. Many are already sold out at PTI as we still want the inks to use until the new ones come out this fall.

Personally I have had all great experiences with PTI. Their customer service I think is very very good. I always received a response to my emails. My orders are always packaged very well and the shipping is good. I also have never had a missing or damaged item like I did repeatedly with a different company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I am just glad that PTI LISTENED to their customers about the ink issues.
To me this shows they are doing something about it.

I also understand while it is sad that they cannot take the ink back as returns.

There are still people that use this ink so you could list your inks in the B/S/T or on ebay and they will sell. Many are already sold out at PTI as we still want the inks to use until the new ones come out this fall.

Personally I have had all great experiences with PTI. Their customer service I think is very very good. I always received a response to my emails. My orders are always packaged very well and the shipping is good. I also have never had a missing or damaged item like I did repeatedly with a different company.
Therein lies the problem. I have had mostly well shipped product (2 broken cds cases - also followed by 2 unreturned cs emails which isn't really the end of the world). The shipping time, I can't complain about either. But then they sent me the wrong inkpad and asked me to pay to return it. Then they over charged my credit card without permission, never responded to that after the initial email (that was almost a year ago). Then they have messed up my anniversary sets for this year, and as tomorrow is the deadline, the mistake obviously isn't going to be corrected before then. Every single one of these issues was met with a rude response like it was my fault that they messed up.

I guess I'm just tired of it.

I have followed Ted's lead though, already told all my friends and family about PTI and how unhappy I am, many of them didn't order this month because of it. I honestly don't think PTI will notice or care though.

As for the ink, they could do it differently. I'm highly disappointed that they aren't. However, I am glad they are doing something at all. It has been a very long time and I do appreciate them making the effort now.

I'd also like to know how in good conscience someone could sell a dry ink pad on the B/S/T forum? I mean do you say, "This Hawaiian Shores inkpad is nothing like the paper and I don't want it but can't return it so I'll sell it here"? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm honestly wondering how that would work since most of these inkpads need a reinker before you even use them and many don't have reinkers (due to out of stock issues or refusal to have to buy a reinker to make a new inkpad functional).

I haven't ordered from SU! in a year and a half, but when I did put in an order that was over $150 they shipped it to me twice. I called my demo who called SU! and they that it was their mistake so I could keep the entire order. That is customer service IMO. I know people have had bad experiences with SU! and I'm sure they have messed up too. They are all human. But being repeatedly blown off by PTI just tells me they don't value me as a customer, if they value you, that's great. I'm choosing to spend my money where it is valued though so it looks like I will be looking for another company to spend my money with. I have no demos locally for any company so maybe I just won't spend money for awhile and see how that goes. Who knows?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

I think the main issue is that not everyone has problems with PTI ink pads. Mine work just fine. In the very beginning my Aqua Mist and Sweet Blush were too light to use. PTI fixed the problem with those by switching to the pigment inks, and offering refunds for owners of the originals since the problem was so widespread. All of my original hybrid PTI pads, except those two, work great and I use them to this day! So why should PTI give me a refund for ink pads that work? Just because they are changing formulas? Did SU give refunds to customers when they changed the design of their ink pads? I doubt it!

As far as the new pigment inks, again, all of mine work just fine except Lemon Tart. And they did a replacement program for Lemon Tart since so many people had the same issue. Yes, my Hawaiian Shores needed to be smooshed at first, but it stamps fine now. In response to the Hawaiian Shores issue, they decided to send FREE reinkers with all pigment ink pads purchased since the May release. How many companies do that?

They have been trying to figure out what the problem is, but it is very hard to pinpoint when only a small percentage of customers seem to be affected. Rather than keep trying to figure it out, they have decided to discontinue their inks and find a new manufacturer. I don't see this as washing their hands! I see this as trying their best to make their customers happy!

If you truly have a problem with an ink pad, they are willing to work with customers on a case by case basis. But I don't think it is fair to expect a refund just because they are switching to a new formula. In most cases, there is nothing wrong with the old formula. In fact, there are plenty of women stocking up on the refills for their pads before they sell out!

I will say that pigment inks are a little tricky to figure out. They don't stamp the same as dye inks. It took me a little while to figure out how to get a good, clean, crisp impression. That doesn't mean my ink pad was defective! It truly was user error. You have to use just the right amount of pressure. I still can't get a good impression with my SU craft inks!!

I plan on keeping my PTI pads and using them until they run dry. Then I will eventually replace them with the new formula, when it is available. I appreciate that PTI is willing to discontinue selling something as crucial as ink in order to provide a superior product! Not many companies would do that!!
Reply With Quote Likes