Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default Papertrey Ink banned me....

I was so upset today, like to the point of tears! I posted my release night order was missing the Anniversary stamp set and what the CS response was. They owe me a die, so I thought it would be an easy solution. I posted an apology to Chelsea saying I didn't mean to threaten her in any way. Below is the conversation. I don't feel I was inappropriate in any way.

Hi Joyce,

We would love the solution to be easy for everyone, we are not purposely making it difficult to punish you. The "team" was correct, we are more than happy to help you with this issue. Unfortunately, we cannot put rewards points back into your account. We cannot manipulate rewards points for the reasons mentioned in my previous email. In order to reinstate your rewards points so you can purchase the set (the set can only be purchased with rewards points) your order needs to be returned in full. We would rather handle this a different way, but unfortunately, with the system we had to put in place, this is our only way to help you.

We urge every customer to review their order before placing it so these errors can be avoided. Had you reviewed your order even after it was placed, we could have canceled your order at that time so you could have reordered immediately without any additional difficulties. By the time you receive your order, we don't have the same options nor do we have the opportunity to get in front of the issue so that the resolution is less complicated and has less of an impact on you. Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible, however, our abilities to help you decrease once the order is in your hands (unless a defective product is the issue).

Thanks, Joyce, we will keep an eye out for your return so we can get everything turned around as quickly as possible.

Take care,

Julie Heskamp
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 27, 14:00 EST:And I just want to make sure you understand that if I order again it will cost you more to resend the package?
And I was in no way attacking any employee. I was just sharing the facts. Even the team thought CS would help. I am not feeling like this is the best solution to the problem. Personally or as a business manager. And I would be happy to copy you on the fb post with all the folks that have had problems on release night. It was even noted on the forum that things were being worked on. But I will do as asked and return my entire order at my expense. I'm all about supporting small businesses but when I feel this could be handled better by just mailing one piece in a separate transaction, that I am happy to pay for even though I still feel it's was a site issue is just not sitting well with me.
I've had several customers who have offered to buy me the set with their rewards points, it's seems like the customers care more about me then PTI.
But I will return it all and decide once the return is complete what and if I will order again.
I hope you have a good day.
----- Original Message -----
From: "CS Manager (Papertrey Ink Customer Service Communications Center & Forum)"
To: "
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:19:14 PM
Subject: [Papertrey Ink Customer Service Communications Center & Forum] Re: Anniversary set

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 27, 13:24 EST:Ok. I�ll return the entire order for a refund. I�ll get it packaged up today and send it all back.
I do not feel this is an adequate resolution as there were many issues release night.
Please let me know where I should send it.
I mean seriously. Over $100 went out of stock while trying to order and why would I need the dies that you can send later but not the stamps. Makes no sense to me as a long time customer.
Sent from my iPhone

CS Manager, Feb 27, 13:19 EST:Hi Joyce,

I just deleted the thread concerning release night. It is inappropriate to discuss customer service issues on the forum as no one on the forum can offer help in solving said issues.

As for the Anniversary set, we are not able to manipulate rewards points. This was a measure put in place due to accusations that our representatives were removing rewards points from customer accounts. In order to combat those accusations, our system was updated with the inability to manipulate rewards points. Therefore, the only way to reinstate your rewards points is for you to return your entire order and start over. I'm sorry that bad actors have affected the way we have to do business, but that is just the reality of the situation. I'm sorry for the difficulty you had and understand your frustration, but at this point, that is the only resolution that is available. We are more than happy to help you and we will be happy to honor the 11% discount if you would like to return your order and start over, but that is the only way we can facilitate a solution.

Please keep in mind, Joyce, that approximately 400 other customers were able to purchase the Anniversary set with points during the sale, so a computer glitch on our side did not happen. If there was a glitch on your end, I am truly sorry, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to help you with your computer issues.

I want you to know that every customer is very important to us, but it is not okay for any customer to attack the people who work for us. If you want to attack me, that is fine, but know I will not respond to you as it does not help facilitate a positive resolution to any situation. We are fair and are happy to fix any mistakes made by us, but we will not take responsibility for issues that are out of our control. If 400 customers were able to order the Anniversary set during the chaos, then I must assume the system was working. Had every single customer not been able to order the Anniversary set, then I would know that our system was to blame.

Again, Joyce, I am truly sorry you had difficulty and would be happy to help you in resolving this issue.

Thanks, I hope you are having a great day!

Take care,

Julie Heskamp
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Customer Service Agent, Feb 27, 12:03 EST:Hi Joyce,

I will inform Julie of this situation and she will respond to you.

Thank you,
Chelsea Kellerman
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 27, 12:02 EST:Now put yourself in my shoes, woulden't it be easier for me just to pay the $24 and you add the set to the dies you have to send me anyway. It's just crazy there isn't an easier better solution. Maybe you should have Jane or July look into this as suggested on the forum.
From: "Customer Service Agent (Papertrey Ink Customer Service Communications Center & Forum)"
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:41:19 AM
Subject: [Papertrey Ink Customer Service Communications Center & Forum] Re: Anniversary set

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 27, 11:49 EST:But it was a computer glitch, and you sent me the dies with a note that you will send them later. The dies are no good to me without the stamps. You can't tell me you werent aware of all the issues on ordering that night. And I've already earned the points with previous orders. So now explain to me how the $24 would be different if I paid that on my last order, with the exception that I would still have the points that were intended to be used for the stamp set. I'm so mad right now I'm in tears. This is the worse customer service I've ever experienced with a stamp company.
From: "Customer Service Agent (Papertrey Ink Customer Service Communications Center & Forum)"
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:41:19 AM

Customer Service Agent, Feb 27, 11:41 EST:Hi Joyce,

Since you earn 1 reward point per $25 you spend, the 24 points are worth a lot more than $24. We don't have a way to allow you to purchase points as rewards points cannot be manually manipulated by us. We did that as a security measure so the customer wouldn't lose any. We don't charge you to return an order, you are only responsible for the return shipping. We don't have a restocking fee unless you are returning an order of $1,000 or more.

Thank you,
Chelsea Kellerman
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 27, 11:28 EST:And what is the cost to me to return the entire order? Besides shipping, because as a customer solutions person my self I can't image there not being an easier way to do this. Like I could pay the $24 and you put the points back???? So besides shipping to return a very heavy box because of the paper, what is the cost to me?
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:40:25 AM

Customer Service Agent, Feb 27, 10:40 EST:Hi Joyce,

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, the only option at this point would be to return your entire order so your points can be reinstated and then place the order again with the anniversary set on the order. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Chelsea Kellerman
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Joyce Casaldi, Feb 26, 15:52 EST:On release night I had ordered the anniversary set and dies, I used my points however I didn�t
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you, Joyce, and would be very upset too! Either PTI people have no hearts or no brains, or both. I have never heard of such ridiculous nonsense! Then these types have the gall to say "have a nice day" which apparently means "we hate customers".
Matboard Maniac

OMG, I can't believe they banned you. I wondered what happened when I realized your post had disappeared. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Papertrey has amazing products and such talented designers. It's a shame their customer service and website are such poor quality. I can only imagine how frustrated Nichole must have been before she walked away.

Last edited by Glitter Gypsy; 02-27-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Matboard Maniac

It’s always about ......the system, the system. Over ride it PTI.“Have a nice day”......or s—— you is what it amounts to.
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

This is sillly! (I mean their response, not you).
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Outrageous. Stories like these are the reason I've never ordered from them. I don't care how fabulous their products are. They aren't the only company out there, and customer service is extremely important to me. That's why I'm not shopping with a few other large companies anymore. If I were you, I would return everything, get a refund, and be done with them. I wish you the best of luck.
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had hoped that recent changes would result in better customer service. I, like scrapjanny, have never ordrred from them but have received some cardstock, felt and ribbon in trades. The quality is very nice but not worth risking horrid customer service (imo, of course).

I don't know why they couldn't process s refund WITHOUT needing the items returned since they were being re-ordered with the addition of the stamp set.
Cardstock Collector

Default Papertrey Ink Customer Service

We have offered several solutions to Joyce privately as we truly would love to help her in any way we can. Customer service is our top priority, and yes, there are some things we cannot accommodate due to the nature of the request. Treating each customer fairly and with respect is extremely important to us. We don't want to offer something to one customer that we cannot offer to every customer, that simply would not be fair...
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Thank you Julie.

As per our site policy - when a company responds to customer service related threads, we close them, and encourage private correspondence.