Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paperlicious Joan B

Wow, have any of you seen Joan's open letter to Shelli of SU! on her blog, Paperlicious? Sorry, I'd put a link in, but my Mac is acting up and won't do it.

Anyways, this is quite the letter and I agree with several points, although not all of them. My main thing with SU! is
1. I would buy lot of SU! ribbon if they offered it in ALL colors, polka-dots, stripes, satin, etc. in ALL the colors, not just some. I'd eat it up! Then I would not buy my ribbon from other sites. Boy, are they missing out big time on this.
2. Ok, looks like they are sticking with wood blocks and rubber. Fine. But what the heck is wrong with the option of no wood? Let me back the rubber onto some cling mount...don't make me buy wood...I have no place to store it anymore. And I JUST started stamping.
3. And finally, Joan's great idea for SU! to have a website/blog where there is a gallery done by a top notch design team and shopping carts. So we can buy at whim, without waiting for a demo. We are spontaneous buyers for the most part. Why do they not recognize this and capitalize on it. Look what happened with Papertrey! People were throwing stuff into their cards without even seeing the pictures on the screen, so they didn't even know what they were getting. Now that's a buying frenzy...doesn't SU! want to have buying frenzies?
4.and finally, don't sell 10 sheets of shimmery white for that ridiculous price, when I can go to a website and buy a pack of it for a lot less. SU! is overcharging. And talking just white cardstock? 6 bucks for 40 sheets of Papertrey white cardstock which puts SUs wimpy Whisper White to shame. And what does WW cost? In Canada, around 11 bucks?? I haven't bought a piece of white cardstock from SU! since Papertrey's 100lb stuff.Order 5 packs of papertrey cardstock and even with Canadian shipping it is only 1 dollar more that SU;s WW. Come on, SU!....you know what is out there....give us what we want. I will buy it!

Great letter, Joan. I still love SU! I think they have some of the nicest stamp sets around. BUT.....well,read Joan's letter.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh and SU demos....we still need you. Who would show me how to make a fab card at a workshop? The part with the blog/shopping cart idea from Joan is a great idea though. Why couldn't the person who ordered put their demos' name down (if they have one) so they get a percentage? On-line ordering, blogs and design teams are the future of this industry. I just hope SU! sees that.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I've read her letter too. She makes a lot of good points/suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

I will check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's the link :

http://www.paper-and-ink.blogspot.com/

What she says really sums up many of the reasons why I let my demoship go. SU is what got me into stamping and I will always have a soft spot for them, but I do feel they are sitting behind the curve on a lot of things....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As always, truthful and outspoken!

Well put Joan!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very wel put. I agree wholeheartedly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 05:06 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

oh my god!
this is soooo true.

i just started to stamp seriously in 2006 - but already towards the end of 2006 i started to look around and spent my money elsewere.

same thing as denise said... i wish we could just buy the rubber without the wood. there are not only people in the us that have big houses with dedictaded craftspaces. what is stampin up planning to do when they expand more into the european market. i KNOW the way my friends and family lived in south of germany they simply do NOT have very big homes. - about 80% of my friends and family do own condominium style homes with no extra space for big shelfes for all these boxes.

i know of some of the crafters... they store the stamps on transparencies and put them in a drawer of their desks. now... how many SU Sets do you fit in a desk drawer?

su should be affordable (talkin about the cs) and practical for all kinds of people in different life situations. just give the people the options and we will buy.

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Her reasons are exactly the same reasons I had for my decision. She very articulately explained it. I hope they listen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #10  
Chat Box Chick

Exactly the reasons I resigned from SU. Thank you Joan!

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 06:24 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I'm not a demo, but I totally agree with alot of Joan's statements...get with it SU, if you want our money!!! ( :
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not a demo either, but I think Joan's remarks are right on the target.
I know that the members of my stamp club have lost interest in su stamps for just the reasons Joan mentioned.

Beautifully said Joan and I do hope su will listen to your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

One more thing I would have mentioned was the stamp pads need serious fixing. They should not bend in the middle, very difficult to ink stamps up. They could use an overhaul.
I do agree with Joan, wonderful letter.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree also..i just don't have the money to buy like those that can..so i am always shopping on-line to get all the deals i can..and i order all un-mounted whenever possible. Purple onions had such a great deal on nicely etched red rubber stamps..as low as .75c and also throws in a few stamp..i have ordered twice from her..also scrappingreatdeals..Sheila is amazing to work with and feels like a new friend to me.
I only own 3 su sets and 1 jumbo wheel and 1 small one..I have been using Domtar white for my base and loving it..am also ordering cs from Papertrey.
Domtar was 250 sheets for around 14.00.
I don't have have the room either . Also, sorry, but they are too strict in their policy for selling. me and hubby are retired and i want to make a few extra dollars to support my stamping which i love..thank-you for listening to my long post..lol.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

PS: and yes the stamp pads!! whole other story, i find i have to tap, tap, tap around the edge of the pad to get my stamp covered..not liking that either.
loves ys

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz_n29View Post
PS: and yes the stamp pads!! whole other story, i find i have to tap, tap, tap around the edge of the pad to get my stamp covered..not liking that either.
loves ys
I am a demo.. and I agree. I prefer the old pads to the bigger ones. I find myself using my stampin spots ALL THE TIME.. because I KNOW the entire stamp is covered that way.

Try your spots. you'll be surprised how handy they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Well Said Joan...
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.� Eleanor Roosevelt

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

well....I'll play Devil's Advocate:twisted: - just to show a different side

1. Remove things from the catalog that can be purchased elsewhere for significantly less. For example, your shimmery white paper is about 4 times the retail cost. By including items that are really over priced, it makes me wonder about your profit margin on other items and I feel resentful.

Before the internet, customers had limited ability to purchase items and often did not have access to information about alternative cheaper sources. We do now. Just take them out of the catalog, provide a unique version of them, or drop the price.

This statement rings true for OTHER home based stamping companies as well - not just SU - other companies have many items you can buy on-line or in craft stores for higher prices as well...
NOT everyone has full access to the internet - remember SU is now in Canada and Austrialia and soon Europe - just because interenet sites have similar supplies does not mean everyone can purchase from those sites...Likewise a lot of internet sites have high shipping...sure I can buy items for less money from an internet site but by the time you add in shipping from the internet site you basically break even...just because you don't want to buy items at an SU price doesn't mean others won't...there are still alot of places where getting to a craft store is an all-day trip

2. Play to your strengths -- one is your color coordination. Almost every stamper I know loves SU's colored cardstock. We put up with the design of your ink pads just to get our hands on that cardstock! Give us more items that color coordinate -- I'd gladly pay a bit more for sheer polka dotted ribbon in the SU colors. Or watercolor pencils in the colors. Or, just about anything in the SU colors!!

OK I agree with you there...make it in SU colors and I will buy

3. Another strength, of course, has been your stamps. I'm guessing that you are losing market share here. I can see it on blogs and on stamping forums. You just don't see that many new SU sets being used and the ones that are being posted are from the same sets. It looks like you have 5 or 6 hits on your hands.

One reason for this is the proliferation of design teams and blogs for your competitors. It is time for SU to do the same thing. Get some amazing stampers on board as part of your own design team and let them loose. Put together an SU blog using these artists and see what happens! Small investment and it may pay off big time. Don't limit it to SU demos and let them use other products as well with the SU stamps. I know that you think that your demos will feel cut out, but I truly think that is a mistake.

I agree with you as far as wanting to see more SU stuff out there - it seems as SU took an advertisement break awhile ago in the big crafting magazines. However, as a demo I want to see things made completely with SU materials...what good does it do me a demo or my customers to see items made just with SU stamps and utilize other companies designer paper and ribbon.

4. About your stamps. I'm not even going to get into the unmounted/clear debate. Personally, I think you are making a huge mistake by not offering a clear option for some of your sets, but whatever... you are a much smarter business woman than I'll ever be!

But, the stamp designs? They are fine. But the catalog is full of so many items that look just like each other and look like other brands. This cuts down on the reason to buy multiple sets. Diversify. How many dots and flourishes does one stamper need??

5. If you are going to offer wood mounted sets at $ 30 - 40 a pop, you've got to give us a reason to buy them. Why buy the Wild West alphabet set from SU when there are so many similar clear ones at less than $20 or even wood mounted ones much cheaper? This isn't a rhetorical question. I really want to know. Your demos need to have an answer to this question.

I'll answer 4 and 5 together....when I became a SU demo it was because I liked wood mounted stamp sets...ones that coordinate beautifully and are reasonable when PRICED PER PIECE compared to other companies single wood mounted - as a demo I choose SU over other home based stamp companies because of the WOOD MOUNTED...if SU was to offer UM and/ or clear I AS A DEMO would need to be prepared to show all these combinations to my customers and be expected to know how to deal with each type of stamp - anything less and I am not doing my job as a demo and respresenting the company to the best of my ability...as a demo I don't want this...if I wanted to sell polymer stamps or UM rubber stamps I would have gone with another company...and in all actuallity if you look at some polymer sets (just remember there are different grades of polymer/acrylic) they can be just as much $$ as a comparable SU set...

Comparing the cost of some acrylics to wood mounted rubber is like comparing apples to oranges. I have some UM and some acrylic sets...People saying "oh if SU made that set in acrylic I would buy it..." I have a tendancy to say "Oh if they made that set in mounted rubber I would buy it..."

You also have to take into account that as a company grows it consumes more operating expenses - a smaller company that is run out of a home consumes less overhead so you can charge less per item and still make a decent profit

6. On line purchasing. Have you noticed the number of stampers who are buying Papertrey's releases BEFORE the images even pop up on the internet? Some of us are addicts and are immature. We go with the mob mentality. You NEED us because we tend to be the big spenders!!

For better or worse, the biggest spenders are IMPULSE spenders. Give your demos the ability to have websites with shopping carts and you will increase sales.

While I do enjoy putting things in my shopping cart and checking out...one has to remember that Stampin' Up is a HOME-BASED direct sales company...if you can have a website and people can just pop-on and check out - then why even bother having Demos...seriously why...what purpose would they serve...I know other home based stampin companies have gone this route and I have had friends who have repped for other companies drop because of Web check out...here were some of the problems associated with it...
  • Inability to offer personal specials
  • Customer ordering the wrong item -i.e. craft ink vs classic ink
  • Inability to check and make sure customer has everything they need
  • Inability to combine orders to allow for hostess benefits
  • Some demos not having a website - customers buy from someone who does but then comes to you to get instruction on how to use items

Now if we could do shipping to multiple locations...that would make me happy...so if someone had a party and Aunt Sue wanted to purchase something but she lives 300 miles away - the ability to ship to multiple addresses under 1 hostess would be great

7. Shipping. Can we talk? I've heard a hundred demos quote you as saying that "SU loses money on shipping." Let's assume that's true. You have a business problem. No company should lose money on shipping. At the best, you should break even. Fix your problem.

Shipping is what it is MANY, MANY other companies have higher shipping than Stampin Up...

I am not trying to be snarky - just looking at it from a different perspective...EVERYONE can find fault with just about EVERY company - we have a freedom to buy what we want when we want it...MANY companies have popped up over the past year or two that do cater to certain areas...and that is great and wonderful...and if you REALLY think about it - chances are if it WASN'T for Stampin' Up those companies might not exist today without Splitcoast...

SU - SU Demo Traci ---> Splitcoaststampers ----> Biggest stamping site on the 'net...explosion of on-line crafting blogs and small stamping businesses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I'm not a demo either, but because of the reasons Joan stated. There are things I LOVE about SU (mostly the color matching), but it's not worth the cost. Not to mention I toss the wood and the double sided sticky foam anyway. Definitely not worth the cost then! I'd rather get more for less somewhere else and do my own color matching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidillView Post
Wow, have any of you seen Joan's open letter to Shelli of SU! on her blog, Paperlicious? Sorry, I'd put a link in, but my Mac is acting up and won't do it. ...Great letter, Joan. I still love SU! I think they have some of the nicest stamp sets around. BUT.....well,read Joan's letter.
It is a great letter. I am a Stampin' Up demo. I love the quality of their products (otherwise I wouldn't be a demonstrator). I don't agree with everything in her letter, who ever does agree with everything someone says?!

This is what I do agree with:
*inflated prices on items I can get elsewhere (chipboard clipboards, anyone?)
*everything seems the same when it comes to stamp set variety (although I do love them!)
*shipping? 9.95/10% is expensive. I wouldn't mind seeing a "free shipping week" every once in a while!
*SU blog! Fantastic idea!! I would love to see a greater range of card style, from simple (which they have lots of) to heavily embellished (dirty dozen style). Right now the sample offerings are slim. I come to SCS before looking at SU's IBC.

This is what I don't know about:
*online purchasing: while great, do I have to begin to accept credit cards? a fee I have to pay for out of my own pocket? I don't make enough to have that be feasible (not necessarily applicable to all demo's)

This is what I disagree with:
*wood mounting: I prefer it. I hate mounting and unmounting my stamps. The idea of space saving is great, but I really don't think that outweighs the ease of wood!

The other thing, SU has been around for quite some time (at least in the US). Any company that has been around for a while is always the focus of critical attention. Not too many others have been around for this long. PaperTrey has only recently started. Perhaps that "buyer frenzy" will slow and stop once people realize they'll be here for a while?

Just my two cents!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

oh, the other thing that needs MAJOR attention, is the price difference between US and Canadian catties. What costs me $57.95, costs American's $39.95, and you complain about those prices?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #22  
Forum Fanatic

Great letter!!! I agree with EVERYTHING! I have a lot of SU sets but haven't bought nearly as many as I have in the past.... I find myself buying more and more from other on line companies and I'm even buying some unmounted sets! I can't believe I just said that!!!! Once again, Great Letter.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Although I can see the points she's making, I have to agree with Jenhenry. Just because a person has her opinions and sees on message boards that others agree, doesn't mean that they are true for all. And believe it or not, not everything is about the bottom dollar. SU is a home-based business and there is nothing wrong with that. There are still many people who enjoy the night out, who don't spend a lot of time on the computer shopping for deals, who don't like the computer at all, who don't want to settle for clear stamps just to save space and to see what they're doing at the cost of an inferior image, ...

People change over time. Crafters in general are a fickle bunch (and didn't Joan say immature?). When it's time to move on to someone or something else, it's okay. But I don't think one has to criticize a company into the dirt for being who they are (the company they fell in love with once). The company still meets my needs wonderfully, but if there comes a time they don't, I'll write a PRIVATE letter if I feel strongly enough about it and go on my merry way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5View Post
Although I can see the points she's making, I have to agree with Jenhenry.
Sorry, jenmour.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #25  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Just curious-
Joan, did you actually send this to SU!?

I am curious to see the response if so.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

I think it's great that Joan posted her feelings about SU in an open letter. I think some of her suggestions are good, though they may not be feasible unless everyone is willing to pay higher prices (more choice of ribbon without cutting out any other products would necessitate a larger pick line and a larger warehouse, which would mean constructions, and possibly more employees, with the cost being passed on to customers). Some of the suggested changes I would vehemently disagree with -- e.g. I love my rubber wood mounted stamps ;-).

The good news is that there are alternative sources of products for people who do not find SU's products pleasing or cost-effective. One company will never be able to please everyone and, IMO, shouldn't try. I heard an interesting quote the other day: "If everyone is your customer than no one is your customer". What that means to me is you have to find your niche and cater to the customers who love your products.

For example, I do not like stick arms or acrylic stamps. Does that mean that Stampinbella or Papertrey should alter their images or their manufacturing process just to get my business? Of course not!

Some people prefer hands-on instructions over on-line projects -- Should these two companies enter into contracts with independent demonstrators who will teach classes using their products, instead of just showcasing products on-line? Of course not. Not if this is not a market segment they want to pursue.

And on the point of offering products that are available elsewhere for less, I imagine if one wanted to purchase 10 sheets of shimemry card stock elsewhere they would not be able to because it is not available in the small quantity or the shipping would be so high it would offset the savings. Plus the purchaser would not get hostess benefits on that purchase. And there is something to be said for one-stop shopping. Plus, some of us ladies do not necessarily want our families to know how much we spend on our supplies. Your SU demo will take cash in partial or full payment -- will the on-line store?

Just something to think about when comparing these very different kinds of companies. Just because they all sell similar products does not mean that they should all use the same business methods.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

GO Joan... GO Joan... !!!

I agree with most of what Joan had to say in her post... but even on those points I have somewhat different feelings about... I give Joan credit for saying what is really on her mind!

I struggle all the time with being honest and forthright with my true feelings on my personal blog... and that is the whole purpose of blogs... to be able to speak your mind! Good for Joan for saying out loud what she feels inside! I admire it... and it's one of the reasons I love her blog so much!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

And to Joan's point about a Stampin' Up! blog, with all of the demonstrators who post here daily and also post to our blogs, there is more than enough SU product inspiration for anyone who needs it. And there is no guarantee that if such a blog existed, everyone would like the projects featured on it, especially if they included products that they could not buy from their SU demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #29  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5View Post
who don't want to settle for clear stamps just to save space and to see what they're doing at the cost of an inferior image, ...
Just because a rubber stamp isn't wood mounted doesn't mean it gives an inferior image. There are plenty of stamps out there that are not wood mounted that stamp just as well.............

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMeView Post
Just because a rubber stamp isn't wood mounted doesn't mean it gives an inferior image. There are plenty of stamps out there that are not wood mounted that stamp just as well.............
I was speaking acrylic (thus the clear stamps part). And that is what I have found, so I was speaking from my experience with other companies. An unmounted rubber stamp is a different story. Although I prefer mine wood-mounted, I would sooner go unmounted rubber than go acrylic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

You are right on track here, Joan! I do hope SU will listen. They could use some GOOD sales once in awhile like the other sources have. Like so many of you, I've quit buying much from them as I can find the same or similar so many places.
As for the card stock...yes, SU is great but when I use so much for layering etc., it is such a waste to spend that kind of money when I can get 4sheets/$1.00 at Hobby Lobby and it looks just a nice IMO.
So, SU --listen up here ---- you may have many first time customers but you're losing some of your older customers who used to buy so much from you.
And, like others have mentioned, I don't like the 10+ day wait for an order to come in and then longer for it to get to me from SU demo when other sources will ship same day or within 24 hours.
daisy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Well, I guess I would buy TAC and CTMH IF they would JUST go back to wood mount, or at LEAST give me the option to use wood mount. Jeez, theyre just not looking out for the customer these days. I just dont know how they're gonna make it without offering options!
Why is it only SU! gets negative threads started about them, but not TAC or CTMH etc etc? Jealousy?? Just curious...

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy453View Post
......And, like others have mentioned, I don't like the 10+ day wait for an order to come in and then longer for it to get to me from SU demo when other sources will ship same day or within 24 hours.
daisy
Maybe your Demo is not ordering right away??? Anytime I place the order on SU, it goes into picking usually that same day, and ships the next. Im sorry but Ive had HORRIBLE service thru TAC, AND CTMH !!

Maybe its your demos fault and you need a new one who is quicker in ordering and getting your stuff to you. SU has pretty much no control over the demos delivering to you , just like TAC and CTMH. They can be as fast or slow as they want to, and any of the companies cant do anything about that aspect of delivery.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

My comments

1.Well, I'd buy all the ribbon in all the colors but I don't think this would be very practical. Not even the LSS or large craft stores do this.

2. I agree that for those of you who like unmounted this would be a great option. I prefere my stamps mounted as I don't like having to take them off and remount every time I use them....hey, just call me lazy! Yes, I do own some unmounted stamps but I rarely use them for this reason.

3. SU! does have buying frenzies.....look what happens when new product comes out. Everyone scrambles to order as soon as it's available. As for website/blog and online ordering, SU! is a homebased business company. You don't get someone coming to your door to show you how to use the products when you order online. It's about the service you get. I for one want service. If you give me great service I'll be back to spend my money with you.

4.I agree that some of the items are pricey. Maybe some of you can go to Micheals, Joann's or some simular place but I must say that I live 2-4 hours from these places and if I want/need to order something I will order order it from SU! Yes, I am a demonstrator and it does influence some of my purchases. I do buy some items online but it's generally things SU! doesn't carry.

Is there room for improvement. Yes, there always is as nothing or no one is perfect. Just my 2 cents!

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
Maybe your Demo is not ordering right away??? Anytime I place the order on SU, it goes into picking usually that same day, and ships the next. Im sorry but Ive had HORRIBLE service thru TAC, AND CTMH !!

Maybe its your demos fault and you need a new one who is quicker in ordering and getting your stuff to you. SU has pretty much no control over the demos delivering to you , just like TAC and CTMH. They can be as fast or slow as they want to, and any of the companies cant do anything about that aspect of delivery.
You are probably right but demos represent SU and it is from the type of service we get from them that many of us base our thoughts about the company (as in any product).
I've lived in two different areas of my state and in both cases delivery was horrible...in one case, it was well over 6 weeks...I would call and she always had an excuse. Very frustrating for me as a customer.
daisy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMeView Post
Exactly the reasons I resigned from SU. Thank you Joan!
Interesting that your profile says you are a member of this group...
"SU! Demonstrators:
A group for active Stampin' Up! demonstrators"
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Why buy the Wild West alphabet set from SU when there are so many similar clear ones at less than $20 or even wood mounted ones much cheaper?
WHERE?!?! Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #38  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy453View Post
You are probably right but demos represent SU and it is from the type of service we get from them that many of us base our thoughts about the company (as in any product).
I've lived in two different areas of my state and in both cases delivery was horrible...in one case, it was well over 6 weeks...I would call and she always had an excuse. Very frustrating for me as a customer.
daisy
So true, Daisy, which is why I dont buy TAC and CTMH anymore either!!
I also got 'carpy' service from B of A, so I dont do biz with them ever, and a restaraunt that gives continula carpy service does not get me back as a customer. EVERY company has something thats negative, but it seems people here LOVE to continually BAG on SU!! Im sorry but the OP who wants SU to have EVERY color ribbon in 5 different styles, well is she gonna pay the extra price for that custom ribbon , or complain that wow SU ribbon is so expensive Ill go elsewhere?
SU is what it is,
TAC is what it is
CTMH is what it is
Papertrey is what it is ...etc etc etc..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #39  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharlene WaleView Post
Interesting that your profile says you are a member of this group...
"SU! Demonstrators:
A group for active Stampin' Up! demonstrators"
I PMd Britta the day I dropped from SU to tell her I dropped. I still have the PM if you would like to see it. I have no interest in seeing the demo portion of this site any longer.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

So if a thread is started about all the bad things about SU, well then comparable threads need to be started about the other stamp companies as well!! Then we can all do our own comparing of all the totally horrible ways these stamp companies are being run!!

Reply With Quote Likes