Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely LOVE your idea! I have a 12x12 frame that's been just sitting around and will be perfect for displaying little scraps of that precious paper

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomomView Post
I am the same way with loving how pretty certain patterns are that I would save them for "a more special use" time after time. I cured myself. I took an 8X10 photo frame, removed the glass and placed a heavy tan card stock against the back of the frame. Now, when I make something using a prized paper, I cut a tiny square and glue it to the card stock in the frame. Now, I am not really 100 % done with any paper I love! I have it hanging in my desk area. I think it is pretty cool because in 20 years, I will have many more layers on this, and will have an archive of sorts of what papers I liked during what years. Just think...the paper goes out of style and it is a small, simple way to record what I liked. I love the look of mosaic, so I actually think it looks pretty cute the more it is filled up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever mine gets out of control I go through it and make a huge stack (the one I'm working on right now is about 300 sheets) and turn them all into cool envelopes. I can't remember the last time I sent a card in a plain envelope. I LOVE seeing all the stack of paper turn into envelopes. I get tons of comments on how fun they are to receive.

Also the design I use leaves a pretty big, like 4x12 strip of each paper at the end. I give less favored of those to my kids to use for crafts and the rest I keep with my smaller sized paper pads and stuff. That's still a HUGE piece for cardmaking. Even scrapbooking if I ever get around to doing any.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

I am so bad about all the wonderful paper, that sometimes I buy one to use and one to save! And then I can't even bring myself to cut into the one I bought to use! I have noticed that I don't really care too much for the first pad or two of paper that I ever bought, so I am going to remove the few sheets I love and donate the rest. That will give me a little to move my newer stuff into. 30, 000 sheets!! Wow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #44  
Glitter Queen

I used to work in Childcare and we appreciated any paper donated as we would use it to make gifts for parent's.

Any unwanted paper now goes straight to my grand daughter as she likes to play with craft stuff just like her nanna, just as well, as both daughters are not interested.

I also make craft items and cards for charity that my friend is involved with, they then sell and use proceeds to buy gifts and easter eggs for Salvation Army to give to needy.

But I still have a big big pile, slowly going through it, it may take a few years.

Cheers Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 34 Likes on 7 Posts

You say 'paper hoarder' like it was a bad thing!! LOL My name is Mrs Noofy and I LOVE paper! I have more paper than I will ever use in a kabillion years. I try to use it whenever I can..like envelopes, books etc. but it is magic and when I go to get another piece the pile is twice as high as it was...go figure. I blame my DH...he is trying to make me crazy and put me in a rest home faster than normal! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 85 Likes on 44 Posts

I look at all the paper stacks I just had to have, and wonder what the heck I was thinking. I've cut a lot of it into 6" squares, and have actually been using it. I work for Head Start and have donated a lot of it to our classrooms. The parents do a scrapbook project each year, so the paper has gone to a very good cause. When I buy dp now, I buy one sheet (maybe 2 if I have a specific project in mind.)

Just remember that new designs are always coming out, so you don't have to have it all today...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

Default Guilty

I have the same problem. It is so hard for me to resist the stacks but I keep telling myself that I need to use the paper I have before I buy more. I have enough to keep me buys for at least a few years. If they would just stop coming out with cute stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy nearly as much as I used to when there were so many LSS around. I'd visit and couldn't resist the new paper displays. I would usually buy 4 of each and sometimes more. I used to buy so many Basic Grey pads but I found Embelli**** where I could buy just the sheets I liked and Bazzill sheets to match. But I still have more than I will every use and love the ideas for use I've found here.
Reply With Quote Likes