Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paper

I have a big problem with paper. I have a lot of paper here from all kinds of places. I think that is really my biggest problem cause my paper just don't coordinate right. I get really frustrated over this and maybe you all can give me some advice on how to go about selecting paper.
Where do you buy paper???
Do you got out for every project and buy paper for that one project ???
What do you do with scraps???

Please help:confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I mostly purchase from SU and Papertrey. They have matching prints that will coordinate with your cardstock. Love love love these two comapnies.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got hooked on SU because everything they have coordinates and its quality. But that's not to say that the other companies out there aren't as good. I just started with them and prefer them. Most companies product will coordinate. I usually use my scraps for little projects like altered stuff, tins, bottles, clipboards...I can go on forever. If I buy paper from michaels or walmart or any other lss, I usually try my best to buy coordinating paper.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do you mean that your papers do not coordinate with one another or they don't match your inks, etc.?

if they don't coordinate with one another, you can solve that by buying packs of paper rather than single sheets, or a variety of single sheets from the same line. Almost all patterned paper is sold as part of a series or line. That way you will have 12 or so sheets that all go together.

if they don't coordinate with your inks, pencils, etc. you can solve that in a couple of ways. The easiest is to buy all your products from one company, such as SU, CTMH or Papertrey.

Another way that works very well if you want to color in an image and have it coordinate or match is to do the following. Take the patterned paper out and get a scrap of whatever paper you will be stamping on. Use inks, markers etc. and make marks on the scrap paper and hold it next to your patterned paper under some good light. You should be able find inks or a combination of inks that will work quite well. This is particularly effective with reinkers or

the latter allows you to use papers like SEI and Cosmo Cricket, etc. that don't come with a line of coordinating inks.

Scraps? I often use them for a border or to punch out a design or to layer under another piece of paper. you can get a lot of mileage out of scraps. Even just punching out some coordinating squares can make a very nice focal point. Or you can use patterned paper scraps for paper piecing on a line image.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all the great answers.
Reply With Quote Likes