Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2023, 02:23 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question overwhelmbed by stamps,,,

So I have been trying different ways of stamps storage's...I have many clear stamps..i first just had them in a container....then went and put them in 3 ring binders...back into a container that i can rifle through...now I am going back to the 3 ring binders....I just cant seem to get a handle on how i want to store them....has anyone else had the same experience?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2023, 05:37 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes! I can relate. I’ve changed my storage methods many times and feel like the perfect solution is still out there. For me, I think it comes down to having too many stamps but I have the hardest time parting with any of them haha!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mrsclark2001:
Beverly 1939 (04-26-2023), Kristy Tyra (04-26-2023), RJP111 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 04:05 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I store my stamps in the same manner as Jennifer McGuire - they are on panels that are inserted into 5x7 storage pouches. I keep the pouches in clear fridge bins. (I hope that makes sense!)
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by RJP111:
Auntie_mky (05-14-2023), fl_beachbum (04-26-2023), stampinsuebdo (04-30-2023), Teachybaby (04-26-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 06:07 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I've reorganized my stamps more times than I can count at this point. What is working for me now is having them on 3 7/8" x 5 1/2" laminated cardstock in 4"x 5 3/4" sleeves. The sleeves are actually plastic bags from the jewelry department at Hobby Lobby with the ziploc end cut off. I have them in these bins from Target on these shoe shelves (mine are espresso and I got them cheaper) on top of other shelves. It's working for everything except background stamps and long borders. The background stamps aren't in sleeves, just lined up in a bin. Border stamps are on laminated cardstock in page protectors in a 5 1/2" x 8 1//2" binder, and include unmounted wheels. I should mention that none of my stamps have foam, just Mount It glue from Club Scrap (except the backgrounds, which are just bare rubber). I don't want a larger footprint, so I consolidate as much as possible. They are organized in alphabetical order by company, then alphabetical order within the company. I've tried other methods (theme, separating out sentiments, etc.) and I've circled back to keeping sets together and just separating out for the index. I've found this to be much more efficient and I can actually find what I'm looking for very quickly. The 5" x 7" may work better for you, as you would need fewer items. I already had the shoe shelves and several of the bins, so I started from there and built up.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
pepperann (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 06:33 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJP111View Post
I store my stamps in the same manner as Jennifer McGuire - they are on panels that are inserted into 5x7 storage pouches. I keep the pouches in clear fridge bins. (I hope that makes sense!)
This is how I store mine as well. I saw her describe it and knew it was better than the binders I was using. It has made a world of difference especially now that I have them numbered and paired with Evernote.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2023, 10:58 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Mine are on pvc sheets stored in plastic boxes by theme and indexed in Evernote. I have a blog post here that explains my system. https://www.dinakowalcreative.com/20...-done-yay
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Speechy53 (05-19-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 04:18 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Mine are either in a 3 ring binder by subject, in a pouch if has a matching die, or I have two special bins-one for mixed sentiments, and a new one for what I call the "tinys"...like Mama Elephant agenda ones. You can easily stick those into scenes, windows, use for pop ups, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I purchase the empty stamp cases from Stampin Up and store them that way, by Company. I then purchased clear plastic refrigerator bins, put them in there standing up and have them on shelves. Easy to find by company and see the image as well.
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2023, 01:14 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I keep my Stampin' Up stamp boxes and my CTMH envelopes in the X-Narrow 2 rail metal drawers from the Container Store. (Elfa is the name of the system.) I could keep them in a wider drawer, but the smaller drawers are easier to maneuver when I want to look through them quickly.

As far as other brands, I have them in the Container Store's "Large Multi-Purpose Bin" Those bins fit quite nicely in the Ikea Cube shelves (Mine is the old style called Expedit, but I believe the new style is called Kallax.) Anyway, 2 of these bins fit nicely side by side in a section. There are handles on each end, so it's easier to carry the bins to my craft area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2023, 06:48 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I also store most of my non-SU stamps in stamp pockets the way Jennifer McGuire does and I put them in cardboard photo boxes in the top tray of a rolling cart. I made my own dividers and I can see that I gravitate towards floral stamps.
My husband couldn't stand the noise from the crinkly plastic the stamps are packaged in, that's the main reason I switched to stamp pockets. I like the uniform look I get.

​​I've unmounted most of my wood mounted stamps and put Graffix window cling vinyl (Cling foam is too $$) onto the back of the rubber. They didn't stick well to the acrylic blocks, so I put pieces of left over SU cling labels on the cling vinyl and that worked well. I peeled off the labels and stuck them on acetate sheets and stored the stamps on them in the stamp pockets. I have a tub of wood blocks and a slim pile of rubber stamps.

I did leave some stamps wood mounted, pretty stamps for displaying and also the ones where the rubber hardened.

SU stamps in DVD cases live on a shelf. I saved the old SU clam cases and store reinkers, foams adhesive squares and die cuts in them.
Reply With Quote Likes