Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering online from SU to Canada. UPS?

Good morning,
I ordered some clearance rack papers from SU and I just got a shipping notice saying that the package was coming via UPS. I am usually pretty careful about watching how something is being shipped but I didn't notice this when I checked out.

My question, is it pretty clear that SU ships via UPS on the website? I am wondering how I missed it but I don't want to go through the check out process again in case I end up with another order. :o

For those non-Canadians that are wondering what the big deal is , UPS charges crazy customs/dute/brokerage fees so I could end up paying an extra $30 for a $25 order.

:-) Barbara
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

When I place my order through my demo and it comes UPS I have never had to pay any customs fees and some of my orders have been large dollar amounts. I don't know if it makes a difference if you order through a demo or not. Maybe try calling SU customer service and seeing if they could answer your question. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You won't pay brokerage fees on a SU order. I watch this as well and won't order from companies that use only UPS to ship from the states for this very reason. I think its because the shipment is coming from within Canada (local distribution centre) that you don't pay the brokerage fees. Be careful with UPS because they just drop the package on your step. They don't even knock on the door to let you know the shipment is being delivered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

You won't be charged a brokerage/customs fee for any SU order.
You can track your package and get an estimated delivery date. If you don't think you'll be home during the day, you can leave instructions on your door for what they should do with the package (eg garage, back porch, etc.). I've never had any problems.
Reply With Quote Likes