Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Are you interested in SU only discussion thread?
I'll be checking and participating often 180 57.14%
I'll wait to see what others do 9 2.86%
It's already happening elsewhere 26 8.25%
Don't care one way or another 101 32.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2010, 05:10 AM   #641  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sue,have all the ovals and I love them!!! The lg oval I used 2 years ago for a peperment patty football,...drew on the laces. Big hit!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #642  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a demo for 2 years now and keep talking myself out of the Water Color Crayons but I think I might have to get a set now! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #643  
Mad Swapper

Here's a link to a thread about things to do with the carousel notes:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #644  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had forgotten all about those! Funny how wrapped up I get with different things at different times!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #645  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think these are the same size as the large scallop circle BS die, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #646  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I think these are the same size as the large scallop circle BS die, aren't they?
Not sure, but I bet they are pretty close if not exact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #647  
Inking Addict

Not sure if this is the right place for this but.....Any demos giving free tax, shipping or both. I have a big order I would like to place. thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #648  
Mad Swapper

Bakerbabe: You wrote:

Quote:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but.....Any demos giving free tax, shipping or both. I have a big order I would like to place. thanks
Probably it's not the right place, since this is what the thread is about:
Quote:

It's about YOUR CREATIONS, IDEAS and ARTISTRY using Stampin' Up products.
However, I know that there will be demos ready and willing to help you out, so please, anyone interested in helping Bikerbabe, contact her directly, rather than posting it onto this thread.

Once you get all your stuff, be sure to come and tell us about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #649  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

Ok, I'm new here, and don't know how to vote, but I'm subbing to this thread, great idea! I'm a SU customer, and Iconsider customers are the top of the food chain IMHO!! No "lowly" about it---we are what keeps the company afloat. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #650  
Glitter Guru

I have been having fun with my Sizzix dies creating some of the flower pins with the scallop circle dies. Here is one pin I made and took a picture of and posted.
Scallop Circle Flower Pin by kspiv at Splitcoaststampers

I also made one of the "rag bags" that people are making. I made my smaller since I wanted to put cards in it for some friends. Those are made with the scallop square die and you sew them together creating a purse or bag out of it.

Its been fun working with fabric and the sizzix dies. Anyone else making fabric creations?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #651  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
I have been having fun with my Sizzix dies creating some of the flower pins with the scallop circle dies. Here is one pin I made and took a picture of and posted.
Scallop Circle Flower Pin by kspiv at Splitcoaststampers

I also made one of the "rag bags" that people are making. I made my smaller since I wanted to put cards in it for some friends. Those are made with the scallop square die and you sew them together creating a purse or bag out of it.

Its been fun working with fabric and the sizzix dies. Anyone else making fabric creations?
Very cute pin. I think these are so pretty. I haven't tried them yet, but as long as I don't have to use my sewing machine, I am good. My machine and I are not on the best of terms....would love to sew on cards, etc, but I would end up giving up cardmaking if I had to do that.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #652  
Die Cut Diva

ROTFL! Maybe your sewing machine can go hang on the corner with mine. They mights well do nothing together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #653  
Pearl-ExPert

I can give it a one way ticket.... It is pretty bad when my DH and DD(13) can get it to work better than I can. I swear it dislikes me because I put it in the attic for a while and it felt neglected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #654  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYstamperView Post
I can give it a one way ticket.... It is pretty bad when my DH and DD(13) can get it to work better than I can. I swear it dislikes me because I put it in the attic for a while and it felt neglected.
LOL....sewing macines hate to be hidden up in the attic! They are definitely vidictive and will get back at you for it! =)

I got a new sewing machine because the one I had been using was my mom's and she had bought it from the neighbor who passed away (well, from her husband, I guess...LOL) and it was as old as dirt and hard to use. I like my little Kenmore I got at KMart. Its not expensive and its only got the super simple stitches but thats okay..anything more and I wouldnt be able to work it. It sews on cards well and if I break it, it wont be like breaking a $1200 machine. That would make me sick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #655  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine was a cheap one I bought at Sears about 17 years ago because I just had to have one:rolleyes:. I did my best to make friends with it, but the passing years of being ignored have taken their toll on our relationship,lol. I think at this point it needs to be sent in for cleaning because my DD has decided she likes to make sleep pants so hopefully cleaning and whatnot will give it a new outlook on life.
At least I don't leave my stamps wondering if I will come around and usre them!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #656  
Mad Swapper

I'm waiting excitedly for my nice big SAB order to come in- Barb came to Sayward last week and did a great workshop at our recreation centre. We made a nice card, with that sparkly DSP, and a cute holder for a money gift card using the hearts border punch and the punch with the bird/branch. Both very nice. Also made a little treat box, so got to use the Big Shot too.
As I was filling out my order form and leafing through the catalogue, I suddenly noticed the Ribbon Originals 'Masterpiece'. How on earth did I miss that before? It looks gorgeous. I got some things I needed and some things I wanted, and before you know it I got to pick out 3 SAB items! Yippee. I'm gonna have fun. I love opening up an order.

Anyway, what I wondered is if anyone would like to share their favourite things to do with SU ribbons... what type do you use most? Got some special ways to tie, any unusual uses?

I absolutely love the wide satin ribbons. I got the pomegranate and the choccy chip ones two years ago, and then loaded up on extra choccy chip from the 'clearance rack'. It's so luscious and feels wonderful to work with. I'm big on touch, love to feel textures as I'm creating my cards and scrapbooking pages and so on.

Oh, and I still have tons of twill tape. Have you used that in any special way? Gosh, I have so much stuff I have to get busy and use it more often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #657  
Mad Swapper

Kelly, your fabric flower pin done with the dies is neat! Amazing what people can make.

I'm not sure if someone posted how to cut fabric with the die cutters? Would it work to make card or scrapbooking page embellishments? How would you attach the fabric to the cardstock?

Any links to pictures?

I don't have the Big Shot myself and don't plan to get one, it's a big expense for something that I don't think I'd use very much. And since I am keeping to SU only on this thread, I won't talk about my friend's (other brand) machine ;-)

I can dig out my little sewing machine and try some stitching stuff, that seems like a fun idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #658  
Glitter Guru

Oh Elaine! How exciting for you to get that nice big order!! So do share what items you picked out for SAB! I got several things but havent really had time to play very much because I am working on some projects for a Stampin Up contest and that is taking all of my time up right now.

I love ribbon but dont use it as much as I should. Since you love the wide satin ribbon (and I also got both colors on the clearance too!) you will like the new satin ribbon. Its not as wide but its still so luxurious! I have been playing with that and its fun. What I did that I liked is used the wide choc. chip striped grosgrain ribbon and then layered the pink satin ribbon over it and it looks really pretty. the satin ribbon also looks very special all scrunched up on a card. Hard to explain but put a line of sticky strip on a card and then keep folding the ribbon back on itself a bit until you get to the end. Another thing I have seen that was totally cool was someone took the stitched grosgrain ribbon...that is 1" wide and has the white stitching on the edges...adn they pulled the white thread and scrunched the ribbon up...it looked super cool! I'll try to find a pic of it.

I am getting excited for our demo preorder so that we can start creating cool stuff with the items from the summer mini. I think everyone will like all the cool stuff in it.

It sounds like your demo showed you some great stuff! I absolutely love that DSP with the glitter. So very pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #659  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I soooooo agree about the new satin ribbon. It ties like a dream and I find that I use it on all sorts of cards even pesky masculine cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #660  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
Oh Elaine! How exciting for you to get that nice big order!! So do share what items you picked out for SAB! I got several things but havent really had time to play very much because I am working on some projects for a Stampin Up contest and that is taking all of my time up right now.

I love ribbon but dont use it as much as I should. Since you love the wide satin ribbon (and I also got both colors on the clearance too!) you will like the new satin ribbon. Its not as wide but its still so luxurious! I have been playing with that and its fun. What I did that I liked is used the wide choc. chip striped grosgrain ribbon and then layered the pink satin ribbon over it and it looks really pretty. the satin ribbon also looks very special all scrunched up on a card. Hard to explain but put a line of sticky strip on a card and then keep folding the ribbon back on itself a bit until you get to the end. Another thing I have seen that was totally cool was someone took the stitched grosgrain ribbon...that is 1" wide and has the white stitching on the edges...adn they pulled the white thread and scrunched the ribbon up...it looked super cool! I'll try to find a pic of it.

I am getting excited for our demo preorder so that we can start creating cool stuff with the items from the summer mini. I think everyone will like all the cool stuff in it.

It sounds like your demo showed you some great stuff! I absolutely love that DSP with the glitter. So very pretty!
Always look forward to the new minis.....heading over this morning to my demo's house to stamp.....maybe she will be able to tell me about the new stuff.

I haven't bought any of the new satin ribbon but, I did buy the Pomegranate and Choc. Chip ones awhile back and just love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #661  
Cardstock Collector

Default SU only

I buy mostly SU stamps and love to see products from the same along with discussions, and patterns, etc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #662  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgail43View Post
I buy mostly SU stamps and love to see products from the same along with discussions, and patterns, etc
Awesome, lgail! Stick around and share what you have been working on, too! We all here share a love of SU products.

So what are some of your favorite stamp sets you are currently using?

I am just absolutely loving the Vintage Vogue stamp set that is in the current spring mini. I think the flowers in there are just gorgeous and I love that fancy "doo dad" that can make frames or underline or accent any card or scrapbook page! Pair that along with some of the new satin ribbon and you have a beautiful project.

Also, while I dont have it yet, I think that the big flower punch in the mini is nice and I have seen so many things done with it. One of my favorites is making some beautiful roses out of it. Here is a blog that I follow all the time. She does AMAZING work using SU stuff...her name is Gretchen Barron.

http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my...nal-roses.html

Check out these roses she made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #663  
Mad Swapper

I was doing bedtime reading in the big 09\10 catty last night, and came across a neat technique on pg 52, using Watercolor Wonders crayons and twill tape. You colour your stamp with the crayons, spritz lightly with water, and stamp onto the twill tape. So I tried it out. It's a neat technique, first few tries were not wonderful, but I like the look. I did a St. Patrick's Day themed card, you can see it here:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #664  
Pearl-ExPert

Elaine,...you crack me up,...I too am a touchy,feely person,and the texture of satin is FAB!!! Don't own any of the new SU ribbon,...love the sample for St Patty's day,I can't seem to make stamping on ribbon not run or bleed,...will now have one more reason to get the crayons! DANG!!!
Kelly,that rose is SPECTACULAR!!! That would be a hand deliver card,...wow!!!
Am too anxious about the new mini and before you know the new caddy will be out,...
ANTICIPATION!!! $$$
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #665  
Mad Swapper

Gretchen, those roses are absolutely FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #666  
Pearl-ExPert

I keep putting the crayons on my list but, I never end up buying them because I need CS more than I need the crayons. The budget is only so big folks. But....someday.....I will splurge and get them! Especially the Neutrals as I have seen some great cards using the white crayon on Kraft CS....gorgeous!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #667  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wanted to let you all know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my watercolor crayons!....I had ordered the EE's and yesterday ordered the Bold Brights....

I don't have a gallery here or at SC...lol...just trying to keep up with my blog keeps me busy.....but I will try to get one up and going here....

I can't wait now for the BB's and on to the rest....had trouble deciding on BB or SS....but I love bright colors...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #668  
Mad Swapper

Kelly, you wrote:
Quote:

the satin ribbon also looks very special all scrunched up on a card. Hard to explain but put a line of sticky strip on a card and then keep folding the ribbon back on itself a bit until you get to the end.
That's what I did on this card: edit: Oops, this is not an SU only card, sorry. Link removed.

It was the first time I tried something like that, and it was during a challenge that I was trying to complete in a time limit, so it's not as tidy as I would like. But it is a nice look, I think.

Last edited by vanislandwoman; 03-18-2010 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: remove link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #669  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I too LOVE Watercolor Crayons - my favs are RR and EE although ultimately I use all of them at some time or another...and that satin ribbon...oh my...I LOVE it...I hope it never goes away as it just gives such a luxurious look to everything...

Need to get working on my mojo - I just realised that I havent made a blog post for a week now...eeeekkkk...its spring break and the kiddies are home...come back mojo...I think I'll dig out satin ribbons tonite and see what I can make with em
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #670  
Pearl-ExPert

Weather is gloomy here need mojo,...going to get hair done,hopefully the envionment will give me a boost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #671  

Hello guys! I haven't been around much and it's going to continue, guess why! I am getting married. My BF of 8 years has finally decided that he is ready to take the plunge, and all my free time that I usually spend stamping is taken up with packing and planning to move and getting stuff rearranged in his house so that I can fit in. (I don't need much closet space but I MUST have a stamp room. ;))

What does this have to do with SU? Nothing! I just wanted to stop by and say hi! But since this is supposed to be a SUO thread I will share something that I learned recently with you all.

I have always liked to check recent uploads by searching SUO (Stampin Up Only) but I have just recently discoved that there are cards uploaded as SUM (Stampin Up Mostly). I went to the gallery and checked it out and saw a lot of cute cards with SUM keywords. Maybe everyone else knew about this, but I had never heard it before. To be honest a very large percentage of what I make would fall into that category. Check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #672  

I was wondering if someone could please help me? I am placing a SU order and before I give my demo my order I wanted to ask about the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I know I can still order the punch, but what about the stamp set? Can I order the stamp set and does anyone know the item # and how much it is?

Is there anything else that I can still order from the Winter Mini?

I read on someone's blog that I can still order the Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, is this correct? Does anyone have a link for the winter mini?

TIA for any help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #673  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnfroggieView Post
Hello guys! I haven't been around much and it's going to continue, guess why! I am getting married. My BF of 8 years has finally decided that he is ready to take the plunge, and all my free time that I usually spend stamping is taken up with packing and planning to move and getting stuff rearranged in his house so that I can fit in. (I don't need much closet space but I MUST have a stamp room. ;))

What does this have to do with SU? Nothing! I just wanted to stop by and say hi! But since this is supposed to be a SUO thread I will share something that I learned recently with you all.

I have always liked to check recent uploads by searching SUO (Stampin Up Only) but I have just recently discoved that there are cards uploaded as SUM (Stampin Up Mostly). I went to the gallery and checked it out and saw a lot of cute cards with SUM keywords. Maybe everyone else knew about this, but I had never heard it before. To be honest a very large percentage of what I make would fall into that category. Check it out!
Congrats on your upcoming wedding It took my hubby 8 years too!

I didn't know about the SUM until I read about it on a thread here, but I wanted to let you know that you can also find some more SU cards by searching for the keyword- MSU - Mostly Stampin Up

Most of my cards fall into this category as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #674  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
Congrats on your upcoming wedding It took my hubby 8 years too!

I didn't know about the SUM until I read about it on a thread here, but I wanted to let you know that you can also find some more SU cards by searching for the keyword- MSU - Mostly Stampin Up

Most of my cards fall into this category as well!
Thanks Patty! I am really excited.

Thank too for letting me know about MSU, I will remember to check that keyword too. Do you use SUM or MSU, or both or neither when you upload an appropriate card?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #675  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnfroggieView Post
Thanks Patty! I am really excited.

Thank too for letting me know about MSU, I will remember to check that keyword too. Do you use SUM or MSU, or both or neither when you upload an appropriate card?
Actually, I've never used either SUM or MSU before because I just learned about this a few days ago. I was thinking of going back and adding it to some of my cards.

I saw in some of the gallery uploads that both are being used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #676  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
I was wondering if someone could please help me? I am placing a SU order and before I give my demo my order I wanted to ask about the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I know I can still order the punch, but what about the stamp set? Can I order the stamp set and does anyone know the item # and how much it is?

Is there anything else that I can still order from the Winter Mini?

I read on someone's blog that I can still order the Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, is this correct? Does anyone have a link for the winter mini?

TIA for any help
Hi Patty - here is a link to the items that you can still order from the holiday mini as they are going to be carried over to the next big catalog - http://sarahsinkspot.com/blog/holida...till-available - you can order the punch but cannot order the stamp set right now - it may or may not be available in the new annual catalog set to debut in the summer...my thoughts are that there will be something that co-ordinates with this punch in that catalog and it may well be that set, but we have to wait and see...

And yes, you can still order that cool embossing folder :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #677  

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsygirlView Post
Hi Patty - here is a link to the items that you can still order from the holiday mini as they are going to be carried over to the next big catalog - http://sarahsinkspot.com/blog/holida...till-available - you can order the punch but cannot order the stamp set right now - it may or may not be available in the new annual catalog set to debut in the summer...my thoughts are that there will be something that co-ordinates with this punch in that catalog and it may well be that set, but we have to wait and see...

And yes, you can still order that cool embossing folder :-)
That's great! Thank you soooo much and thanks for the link too I have the punch and the folder on my list. I wish I could still get the matching stamp set, but I agree with what you said. They are probably going to have something that matches the punch since they are carring it into the next caddy.

I was wondering how much was the Delightful Decorations stamp set?

Last edited by LaLatty; 03-19-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #678  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=LaLatty;16351240]That's great! Thank you soooo much and thanks for the link too I have the punch and the folder on my list. I wish I could still get the matching stamp set, but I agree with what you said. They are probably going to have something that matches the punch since they are carring it into the next caddy.

I was wondering how much was the Delightful Decorations stamp set?[/QUOTE]

It was $21.95
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #679  

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheaded witchView Post
That's great! Thank you soooo much and thanks for the link too I have the punch and the folder on my list. I wish I could still get the matching stamp set, but I agree with what you said. They are probably going to have something that matches the punch since they are carring it into the next caddy.

I was wondering how much was the Delightful Decorations stamp set?[/QUOTE]

It was $21.95
Thanks! I was wondering the price just in case it isn't in the next caddy and then I'll have to look for one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #680  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Okay, so I have seen the summer mini. There is a label on page 7 with the bike in it. Does any one know where they got that label from cuz it is really cute and I figure it is either a punch or a Big Shot thingy. I do not know why I am obssessed with it, but that is just who I am.
Reply With Quote Likes