Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Are you interested in SU only discussion thread?
I'll be checking and participating often 180 57.14%
I'll wait to see what others do 9 2.86%
It's already happening elsewhere 26 8.25%
Don't care one way or another 101 32.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #601  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cute SU set with purses?

Does anyone know of a cute SU set that has purses? I don't know the name of the set so can't look for it on the BST. I saw a card once (didn't save) that had a really cute purse and the creator just said stamps from SU.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #602  
Glitter Guru

Received 100 Likes on 93 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstampsView Post
Does anyone know of a cute SU set that has purses? I don't know the name of the set so can't look for it on the BST. I saw a card once (didn't save) that had a really cute purse and the creator just said stamps from SU.
maybe First in Fashion?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #603  
Insane Embellisher

Subbing!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #604  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigtail1View Post
maybe First in Fashion?
YES!! That is a great one. Thank you pigtail. I have to get my hands on that set. I do not have anything with purses yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #605  
Glitter Guru

Received 100 Likes on 93 Posts

Quote:

YES!! That is a great one. Thank you pigtail. I have to get my hands on that set. I do not have anything with purses yet.
another cute one...that's retired is It's a Girl Thing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #606  
Insane Embellisher

I just went to the gallery to check out both First in Fashion and It's a Girl Thing, two more stamp sets I HAVE to have! Thank you, pigtail1 and pstamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #607  
Embossing Fanatic

Wink copiers

target has very reasonable fax, scan, copy, print lexmark copiers for under 40.00 on irregular basis. might be available on web site.
i bought one and works great !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #608  
kt3
Crimping Master

Quote:

Good morning,

Here's a cute one that's still available in the current Idea Book & Catalog. Has a cute little shopping bag & all sorts of other things women love!

Kristi
Attached Thumbnails
Ongoing SU only crafting discussion-things-i-love-set.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #609  
Mad Swapper

There is a new thread started about doing SU only challenges- want to check it out?
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #610  
kt3
Crimping Master

Smile IRISH LOVE week starts today!

Hi, there.

I'm a quasi-hobby demo so not trying to just promote my own blog here, but thought some of you might be interested in a new challenge I just started for myself.

I'm calling it IRISH LOVE week (in honor of my Irish husband!) and I'm featuring a new St. Patrick's Day card idea every day for the next week using Stampin' Up! only products.

IRISH LOVE week @ http://homemadesmiles.blogspot.com/

I hope this helps someone out there make some fun & easy St. Patty's Day cards!

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #611  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile SU demos

I heard SU demos are uploading their cards to the SU site instead of the SCS gallery. If so, why? I use the SCS gallery to decide if I want to buy a stamp set or not, also to get ideas.
I would think it would be to their benefit to show their cards on SCS.

Lucy Allen aka mad muffin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #612  
Glitter Queen

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #613  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad muffinView Post
I heard SU demos are uploading their cards to the SU site instead of the SCS gallery. If so, why? I use the SCS gallery to decide if I want to buy a stamp set or not, also to get ideas.

That's a good question. Can any of the SU demos on here tell us why one place is prefered over the other or maybe you can't post to multiple sites on SCS? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #614  
Cardstock Collector

Default New-bee

I'm new to SCS and have been stamping for a couple years. I do not have a blog, gallery or even a photo of myself in my profile! I would love to see a SU forum. I am not a demonstrator, yet I too wonder what is on their special space. I'm here to get inspired and share creative thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #615  
Stampin' Fool

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think SU demos are deciding to upload to the SU site (Stampin' Connection) instead of SCS. My take is that it's due to having a limited amount of time. Most people only have a certain amount of time to spend online each day, and they are choosing to spend it uploading to SC. SC is the "new" thing.

I spend probably way too much time lurking on both sites, and there are a lot of new faces on SC that never got into SCS for one reason or another. New faces mean new ideas, and demos are always seeking new ideas because it's hard to keep things exciting for our customers. Especially when those customers frequent SCS and are seeing the same card and technique ideas that we are!

I have never seen any negative references to SCS on the SC site, only good ones! I hope that when the newness wears off more demos will take time to come back here and upload. It's just that right now, there are hundreds of demos who are uploading their entire collections of current card samples to SC, and it's hard to compete with that! You're right, though, customers see and use SCS, and if customers aren't seeing the neat things that can be created with the latest SU stamps then they probably won't be as likely to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #616  
Die Cut Diva

Went to check out the "new" site. It's for Demos only and by invitation only? That certainly won't inspire me in any way to buy anything. Weird to me that anyone would want to hide their artwork from potential customers. I get the exchange of ideas but..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #617  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
Went to check out the "new" site. It's for Demos only and by invitation only? That certainly won't inspire me in any way to buy anything. Weird to me that anyone would want to hide their artwork from potential customers. I get the exchange of ideas but..........
I am with YOU RubberLady. I want to see the demo creations...why must it be a secret?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #618  
kt3
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
I am with YOU RubberLady. I want to see the demo creations...why must it be a secret?
We're not all keeping them "a secret," don't worry! I just uploaded some new St. Patrick's Day card ideas.

I think some demos are just excited to share ideas amongst themselves in order to come up with ideas to show customers that customers haven't already seen here on SCS! But don't worry, many demos do visit the other site AND this site still and I think once they have their cards uploaded over there (we all know it can take some time to upload photos, especially whole collections!) I suspect many will be back with more regularity.

Also, I agree, very important & useful to share cards here... from a sharing perspective and from a business perspective!

Please keep uploading, demos & customers, I love looking through the gallery for inspiration!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 AM   #619  
Insane Embellisher

If I am not inspired then I will not be buying the stamp sets. I love looking for inspiration here on SCS. Would love to see the "other" side.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #620  
Glitter Guru

I think many "business minded" demos who arent even on SCS are the ones who seem to be uploading a boatload of things over on Stampin Connections. I really dont like it at all but then I am strictly a hobby demo so I am on SCS more for chatting and sharing with others and not to get more out of my business. But it rocks that SU decided to do something like this because it is all SU demos sharing projects and ideas. Sometimes (not in this thread of course!) SU demos feel that SU gets bashed on SCS. Its like SU cant do anything right. I love this thread for its positivity and ideas and sharing, tho! Its refreshing to see a non-demo start it too. I know as a demo, even a non-business minded one, I enjoy sharing SU with others and talking about it.

So dont get too discouraged. Its kind of a new thing right now that demos are visiting but their gallery isnt set up nearly as organized and cool as SCS is so I think many demos are finding out its not as easy to navigate over there as it is over here and many will realize that just sharing amongst demos does no good for SU business!

I know the reason I have not been uploading is that I have been working on entries for the Stampin' Up Artisan Award contest and that is stuff that I am not supposed to upload or show on any other sites as I will be sending it in to be judge. There might be some others who are doing the same thing. Our entries are due April 10th so its cruch time right now to get them finished and sent off. I know once I am done with that, I will be uploading again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #621  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just want all of you SU demos to know, I may buy from other companies occasionally but I got my stamping start at a SU party and this company will always be my first love! Now that they are doing mountable stamps, I love them even more! I am a HUGE fan of the paper and hope they never change the whisper white. When help up to other whites, they (not SU) look so gray.

BTW, I am not a demo, just a big fan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #622  
Insane Embellisher

Pamela I am with you. I am not a demo but got my start in stamping with SU. I love their products and use mostly SU all the time. A SU demo is who told me about SCS years ago. I want to be inspired by the demos uploads and if I can't see them I am not inspired and will not buy things. I did not realize until reading this thread that SU had started a SC site. I really don't see how this is going to help their sales but what do I know I am just a customer and a loyal one at that. I spend so much each month that maybe I just might have to become a hobby demo. I am sure the three SU demos that I stamp with would not like that idea. SU is a great company and they have a great presence here on SCS. I think that is why when someone is unhappy with SU they bash them on SCS because they will be heard. Does that even make sense? My theory is if you don't like something don't buy it. The pocketbook is where it matters the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
Just want all of you SU demos to know, I may buy from other companies occasionally but I got my stamping start at a SU party and this company will always be my first love! Now that they are doing mountable stamps, I love them even more! I am a HUGE fan of the paper and hope they never change the whisper white. When help up to other whites, they (not SU) look so gray.

BTW, I am not a demo, just a big fan!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #623  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to both sites, but I spend more time here. Both on the forums and gallery. I think it is a great idea for demos, but it definately needs some tweeking. The gallery is a bit of a tangle to navigate, especially after being spoiled on here. There are always times when it seems like there aren't alot of SU cards, especially towards the end of a mini or catalog. There will be new stuff coming out soon so hopefully that will help. I agree, as a customer, I bought a ton,just from ideas in the gallery and it still influences some of the sets I buy as a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #624  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Elaine,Thanks for starting this thread,...have spent the morning reading and got lots of GREAT ideas!!!

Cindy,Just a tip,...Mothers Day is comming,...if it comes and goes with out a copier,... there is Fathers Day. Remember without you he would not be a father. I got my digital camera for Fathers Day, DH got a t-shirt. No guilt and MANY GREAT pictures. The copier is much cheaper. Where are you finding all your stamp sets?

Trina,LOVE your gallery,...WOW

Ladies thanks for all your info and to quote "I'll be back!!!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #625  
Stazon Splitcoast

the SC site really isn't a hidey-hole for secretive demos, truly. I hope you all aren't thinking that. SU has always had a demo site for demos to learn about products, learn about selling, get ideas for workshop projects, etc. This "SC" is really just an extension of that, one that reflects the 21st Century.

Now, the discussion forum for demos is moved over to this place and is no more on the main demo website, same for the gallery. And really, it's no different than here, after all. SCS has always had a "demo" side, both for forum discussions and gallery uploads. As you can imagine, though...neither of them are even a fraction the size of the "general" side over here. It's just that discussions centered around specific business-building issues aren't especially relevant to the whole SCS population.

I haven't spent much time in the galleries here for a long while, but it does seem like the SU entries have been down for awhile, certainly before the start of SC. I think a lot of that has to do with the explosion of blogs as much as anything. So many people are uploading to their own places now than used to be. Me? I'm just lazy, if that can be counted as an explanation, lol...I don't generally upload anywhere these days. No one reason, really.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #626  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Location: Somewhere between here and there and enjoying the journey!

I want to add to Betsy's comments that the SC site is just an extension of what we already had at he SU home site for demos. It used to be that cards for the Stampers Showcase were hand picked by SU, but now demos can build their own gallery easily like this site. Because ti's easy, they are there in big numbers.

I know of many demos still posting here regularly. Even though I have a blog I still love posting to the the gallery and participating in challenges here. We all gain from seeing the way different products are used, and SHARING our love of stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #627  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad muffinView Post

I am in agreement with you!!. I emailed SU and told them what a visual person I am and that I think that the customers should have access to their gallery . I too noticed fewer and fewer SU cards posted. Lets be real here most demos do not have time to post on both sites. and SCS is not there first choice. How sad that this site was started for SU products. There really is room for everyone if only include the other guy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #628  
Pearl-ExPert

Betsy,am seriously contemplating the watercolor crayons,...your enthusiasm is really encourageing. I love to color and have watercolor pencils I do not use,have not done a lot of aqua pen,...have them but do use the blenders a lot!!! Especially with my chalks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #629  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

I'm with Betsy. Also... I update my blog just about every day with a new creation and the FIRST place I go to upload next, is RIGHT HERE.... in fact, I only have 10 samples on the SU site - and they are 10 of the ones that I uploaded here. I've seen many of the SU demos that I recognize still uploading their samples here and on the SU site.
I love sharing what I do and wouldn't want to put my cards where only fellow SU demos can see them.
I've gotten so much inspiration from SCS, that I want to pay back those people who visit my gallery and leave comments, etc. by sharing what I do - and I think many of the demos feel the same way.
So... you'll continue to see lots of inspiration for the fabulous SU products, right here!
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #630  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
Betsy,am seriously contemplating the watercolor crayons,...your enthusiasm is really encourageing. I love to color and have watercolor pencils I do not use,have not done a lot of aqua pen,...have them but do use the blenders a lot!!! Especially with my chalks.
LOL, well, at the risk of over-enthusing, let me say that you just canNOT go wrong with the WC crayons. I absolutely LOVE them! They're so easy to use -- and the colors are so much more vibrant than pencils. The first year I had them I did a huge assembly line of Christmas cards that were mostly colored with these crayons. Never would have attempted them without the crayons, I tell you. I just scribbled each color where the darkest area of the color would be then came back with the water pen to blend the colors. It was amazing how fast it went.

Seriously, call your demo and see if you can try some out. Better yet, ask for a workshop and have her demo to a bunch of your friends, then you can ALL see how great they are, lol. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #631  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I want a "Kelly Green" ink pad (a Irish green) for St. Patricks Day. Which SU ink pad do I need to order? I have some other greens--non SU--and they just aren't the color that I am after. Appreciate the help. And what color of paper would be the same green too while you are helping me out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I don't upload here a lot, because I CASE most of my cards, and I don't want there to be duplicates in the gallery! When I change something significantly, I upload here. SU's site doesn't interest me very much - not nearly as organized as SCS! I've been on SCS going on 6 years now, and it's my #1 source for ideas and information!

For those who are looking for SU cards, do you look at the SU Only Gallery? Go to the Gallery, click on SU Only page, then you'll see the latest 4 uploads at the top of the page. Click "more", then you'll see the most recent SUO uploads. I'm sure you know that the SU Gallery is organized by stamp set name! In early April, be watching for samples done with NEW PRODUCT from the Summer Mini (available to customers on May 1st) - it's an AWESOME mini catalog!!

Hope this helps someone...
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #633  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
Elaine,Thanks for starting this thread,...have spent the morning reading and got lots of GREAT ideas!!!

Cindy,Just a tip,...Mothers Day is comming,...if it comes and goes with out a copier,... there is Fathers Day. Remember without you he would not be a father. I got my digital camera for Fathers Day, DH got a t-shirt. No guilt and MANY GREAT pictures. The copier is much cheaper. Where are you finding all your stamp sets?

Trina,LOVE your gallery,...WOW

Ladies thanks for all your info and to quote "I'll be back!!!"
Thanks Barbiejo, I always enjoy a warm fuzzy!

I'd recommend the watercolor crayons too, I am really loving mine. Right now I only have the S.Subtles and R.Regals but I am planning on ordering the other 2 sets eventually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #634  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4londonView Post
I want a "Kelly Green" ink pad (a Irish green) for St. Patricks Day. Which SU ink pad do I need to order? I have some other greens--non SU--and they just aren't the color that I am after. Appreciate the help. And what color of paper would be the same green too while you are helping me out. Thanks!
I'd go with Glorious Green paper and ink as the closest to Kelly Green, although it may not be perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #635  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
LOL, well, at the risk of over-enthusing, let me say that you just canNOT go wrong with the WC crayons. I absolutely LOVE them! They're so easy to use -- and the colors are so much more vibrant than pencils. The first year I had them I did a huge assembly line of Christmas cards that were mostly colored with these crayons. Never would have attempted them without the crayons, I tell you. I just scribbled each color where the darkest area of the color would be then came back with the water pen to blend the colors. It was amazing how fast it went.

Seriously, call your demo and see if you can try some out. Better yet, ask for a workshop and have her demo to a bunch of your friends, then you can ALL see how great they are, lol. ;)
I totally agree, the wwc are great! They are one of my favorite things to use and they are so forgiving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #636  
Pearl-ExPert

sounds like the crayons are on my list for sure,...now I have to come up with the $$$
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #637  
Polyshrink Goddess

I JUST ordered the EE crayons....wanted to try them out before getting more....they sound like they would be wonderful to use....

They should be here on Monday....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #638  
Pearl-ExPert

I know this is off topic but, just thought I would ask you folks. PM me if you have an idea for me.

I am taking my husband to Philly the weekend of March 26 to celebrate his birthday. We need your recommendations on a few great restaurants in the $50-75 price per person. We already have reservations for Roy's (hawaiian fusion) for Saturday night. And we know we are going to City Tavern for lunch on Saturday. But needing more ideas about quality food...not fast food. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #639  
Mad Swapper

Since Debi is getting her new watercolor crayons soon, how about we talk about and show some favourite cards and techniques using them?

I have enjoyed using them for the outline pictures in my 'Storybook' DSP. I haven't actually used it for cards or scrapbook pages yet. I use the Aquapainter, lifting the colour from the flat end of the watercolor crayon, and trying to keep it not too wet. There is very slight warpage of the page, but not too much to flatten out when I glue it onto a card or page.

Edited to add:
Thanks for this posting, Betsy:
"LOL, well, at the risk of over-enthusing, let me say that you just canNOT go wrong with the WC crayons. I absolutely LOVE them! They're so easy to use -- and the colors are so much more vibrant than pencils. The first year I had them I did a huge assembly line of Christmas cards that were mostly colored with these crayons. Never would have attempted them without the crayons, I tell you. I just scribbled each color where the darkest area of the color would be then came back with the water pen to blend the colors. It was amazing how fast it went."

Last edited by vanislandwoman; 03-08-2010 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: additional comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #640  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Oval All

I just ordered the Oval All stamp set along with the large oval punch. I also have already the nestabilities Petite Oval Large and the Petite Scalloped ovals Large. Hoping all of these will work together..does anyone know?

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY,LIVE FOR TODAY
HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Reply With Quote Likes