Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh, no!

I'm in a stamping funk! I haven't stamped for a few days (although I've uploaded some cards I made a while ago), and, now that I have the time to stamp, I have absolutely no desire to do so!
I went upstairs and started a card, then just walked away from it. I hope this feeling passes as quickly as it has in the past! I don't know what I'd do with all my free time (or all my stamping supplies) if I'm no longer stamping! I think I need a pep talk!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't give you a pep talk cuz I'm in the same boat. I've felt this way since the beginning of the year. I stamped a bunch of stuff for Christmas gifts and have now lost the desire to stamp. I even did a stamp night with some friends on Saturday and barely started a card and then quit.

I hope it does pass! For both of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default funk

It oes in cycles for me. I'm either stamping like crazy or scrapping like crazy. Right now I'm inspired and stamping. It will come back to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Pep Talk

Hi Happy Heart - It sounds like you are in need of some fresh inspiration. Maybe go on a little outing to someplace totally new, or try a new activity. Sort of a "cleansing of the artistic palate" so to speak.

We cannot have you give up on stamping!!! You are one of my major sources of inspiration, so I have a personal interest here! I will indulge you for a short funk, but not an exteneded one. I forbid it! (pretty please???)

Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Heart, you are one of my favourites too! Why don't you CASE something that most of us couldn't dream of CASEing to get you out of your funk? Do keep us up to date, we can't have you out of commission for very long, that just would not do! (Off now to see what you DID upload...)

Ren�e

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

OH NO! is right! You have to know how much your cards inspire us. I just LOVE LOVE to see your cards, (and case them LOL). Maybe the new catty will inspire you to think of new things to do with new stamps!!!! Take a break if you must but DON'T throw in the towel or the stamp I should say.
bea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #7  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Did you sign up to be a Secret Sister? If so, stamp something for her - not a card, something else. If you didn't, you should. How about the RAK forum? Stamp something for someone else. Pick out a member's gallery and check it out for ideas. It'll come back to you. Besides that, we're all pulling for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Default Oh, no

Hi, I'm on my daughters comp right now, so I'm also on her account. As I was reading different things in the forums, I ran accross this thread:

Technique Junkie Newsletter 6/05 is HERE!

If you read this thread, I think you'll get so excited that all slumps will be forgotten!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait to get enough $ to order this newsletter..... Maybe next month. Any way, don't despair creativity can only be blocked temporarily, then it comes flooding back all fresh & new. You know what they say "YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD CRAFTER DOWN" ok, ok I just coined that slogan. lol
God bless you all, & have a creatively great day (SOON) Sue, dove7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Heart,,,, this too shall pass,,,,, and just think, in 28 days the new catty will be out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default OH MY!!

OH Happy Heart, you just need a little break...do something wonderfully fun, unrelated to stamping. I hope you have some great girlfriends that you can visit, or go shopping with, or maybe out to lunch. . . your gallery is just AWESOME, and we NEED you! You are a talented artist, and you WILL get out of this non-stamping mood!
My hubby is bringing home a set of 30 Caran d'Ache watercolor crayons for me tonight....if you don't have crayons, you should try them; they are GREAT FUN! Used with Paint Prints or some similar set, you just color in the rubber with the w'color crayon, mist with water, and stamp! Voila! you have a beautiful watercolor image. You probably know all this, but if not, give it a try! You will be hooked. It's so much fun! (and you can use the crayons with the aquapainter too, or in several other ways!)
Please be inspired to return to your stamping desk. May this funk disappear very soon!!!
Hugs,
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think what you need is to buy a new stamp set or two! NOthing like a little shopping to get you in the mood to stamp! I love your gallery and all the ideas you come up with so we need to get you going again. Loved the dictionary idea! NOw go get your catalog out and shop, shop, shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I was like that three weeks ago. Then I found this website (in trying to remember how to do my "homework" for stamping night) and wondered onto the challenges forums. That has really helped with my inspiration and wanting to stamp! I'm finding that the challenges really bring out the creativity in me!

Docorate of De-Edumacation, Lawd, How Cum granted by Rainsong

"What's life if not doing things for other people?" Martin Gray

Eesay ymay allerygay !

ymay amperedpay efchay usinessbay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for your words of encouragemnet! I've felt this way before, but never for such an extended period of time. I just got a request for a couple of retirement cards, and I have a couple of nephews who are graduating from HS, and a few birthdays coming up, so I'll be forced to get back up to my stamping room to get going again!
I think my main problem is that I'm a solitary stamper. I rarely attend workshops or classes. I used to have some of my stamping friends over occasionally for a stamping night, but things are so busy in the spring, with family events and the school year coming to an end, that we don't have much time to get together.
I have some new, retired sets coming on Friday, and I've given my demonstrator an order for the two things I wanted from the summer mini, so I should have some new inspiration soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Dear Happy Heart,
You have inspired us immensely with your creations. By your own admission you are a solitary stamper--this is just your psyche taking a rest and gearing up for a brand new wave of creativity and wonderfulness. Do not fret, wallow in it, take a break, no expectations.... just let it go. It will come back when you are ready....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 05:18 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Heart, is the funk because you have too many cards you "have" to or because you don't have any you "have" to do? Sometimes you just need some time away from something you love if it becomes not so fun. Don't fret. Give yourself the freedom to be away from it and you'll love it all the more when the urge strikes again. I'll be looking forward to more great cards to CASE when you feel creative again! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes