Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #121  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a demo and I still haven't gotten one yet, nor have I seen one. Keeping fingers crossed that it comes the last day of the catalog year.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #122  
Kookie Creator

I've only been through the catty once, so I'm sure my list will grow in the next few days.

I noticed that a lot of you really like 'Stinkin' Cute.' I can't say that I am impressed with it, but what do you want to bet that it will end up at my house after I see what you all do with it? LOL!

My favorites (so far) are
Viola! (So many possibilities for that tray!)
Aida BG
Word Search
Circle of Friendship
Sampler Sayings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #123  
Kookie Creator

....how could I have fogotten to add the Lily Pad wheel to my list. Sooooo cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 AM   #124  
Kookie Creator

I got mine yesterday....wasn't that crazy for the cover....they retired a lot of good stamp sets too.....i saw a few that I will have to order, but none that made me say OMG I have to get those. Maybe I need to spend a little more time looking.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 03:25 AM   #125  
Kookie Creator

I got mine yesterday....wasn't that crazy for the cover....they retired a lot of good stamp sets too.....i saw a few that I will be ordering, but none that made me say OMG I have to get those. Maybe I need to spend a little more time looking.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 03:58 AM   #126  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My demonstrator brought mine over last night. I love the cover...a very vintage look!
I'm bit dissappointed in the new sets and the fact that they kept so many sets that I think are pretty awful....did anyone buy Wisecracks or Words by Wilson?!!
As far as the new stamps go, I liked the kids in Tu-Tu Terrific, but the images are too small. What's up with Lively Leaves? It looks just like the leaves in All the Best. Wild about You is very similar to an old set called Wild Things. The sayings in No Place Like Gnome are sooo lame! What occassion would call for a card using that set?
I'm drawn to the more realistic images of flowers, and I did manage to find a few floral sets that I like.....Wild Rose and Blossoms Abound are both beautiful!
I'm a BG collector and was thinking that, since they retired so many BGs, we'd be seeing a lot of new ones...no such luck! Although I like the new Paisley stamp, I think it's a bit of a rip-off that they didn't just re-issue the old one. Now demonstrators are going to have to shell out more $$$ for it!
After all my carping, I did manage to compile an order that was over $400.00! (I'm buying all the new colors in CS, pads, and re-inkers, too!) I wanted Measure of Life badly! I'm not crazy over any of the level one sets, but I'm a sucker for word stamps, so I'm gettingWarmest Regards, too.[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #127  

Got my catty yesterday. I LOVE the cover--it is the most beautiful one I have seen, but I love the tapestry thing they are doing.

I have to have Aida cloth background, and the wheel for Unfrogettable. Flannel plaid is also high on my wishlist.

There are several good florals that I need, and a couple alphabets made it on to my radar, as well.

All in all, it's a GREAT catalog! Gotta go re-read!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #128  
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

Yeah!! I finally got my catty last night and I have to say that I love it. The colors are wonderful and it is full of inspiration. My wish list has really grown. DH isn't going to like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:48 AM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

Aside from the spring mini papers - I thought the double sided papers were a dissappointment. I like some of the one sided papers. That was actually what I was really interested to see - because the retired sooo many papers. There are 3 or 4 sets I will order right away. I'm going out of town but my hotel has Inet access in the business center - guess where I will be tomorrow night? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #130  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the new catty, the cover is breathtaking. But I was disappointed by a few things....I thought for sure there would be a big flower punch for the looks like spring set. Oh the time that would save. I also agree with the wcc price increace being a little extreme, but nice to seperate the colors. More people will probably order them now since they will be able to pay for them in $20 increments. I can see the reasoning. I finally forked over the money for the full set though, and will order the neutrals later. My sister and I have been using my mom's, now we will both have our own sets. They are wonderful!

Not real impressed with the floral sets, but I think they may grow on me!

Hope the rest of you get your preorders. I didn't preorder, was hoping to get mine postal...of course that hasn't happened yet. But my sister preordered and finally got hers wednesday afternoon. So we had a little Fiesta over at her house to check it out! What an occassion!

I love the hostess sets, there are so many level one sets to choose from and my wish list is much longer than my budget will allow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 06:19 AM   #131  
Glitter Queen

Can't say I am overwhelmed

:( I am sad to say, I am not overjoyed. I can remember my first SU catty and all of the stickies, this one is even less than last year and and worried that it is decreasing annually.
And I thought the news about the mini's was that it wasn't going into the IB & C (limited supply only). and yet there they are. Granted happy I get to buy the snowman (missed it in the holiday) but still you tell your customers that if it is in the mini you have to get it while you can and then the new book comes out and you end up looking like a used car salesman. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #132  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinNH
:( I am sad to say, I am not overjoyed. I can remember my first SU catty and all of the stickies, this one is even less than last year and and worried that it is decreasing annually.
And I thought the news about the mini's was that it wasn't going into the IB & C (limited supply only). and yet there they are. Granted happy I get to buy the snowman (missed it in the holiday) but still you tell your customers that if it is in the mini you have to get it while you can and then the new book comes out and you end up looking like a used car salesman. :(
SU never said that sets from the minis wouldn't be in the catty. They said hostess sets would no longer make it in the catty, and that sets from the minis would be limited. I think they stuck to that well. When you consider how many sets sre in minis throughout the year, not many are in the book.

I love the new catty! I love the papers, scrapbook kits, new accessories, and many of the new sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #133  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinNH
SU never said that sets from the minis wouldn't be in the catty. They said hostess sets would no longer make it in the catty, and that sets from the minis would be limited. I think they stuck to that well. When you consider how many sets are in minis throughout the year, not many are in the book.

I love the new catty! I love the papers, scrapbook kits, new accessories, and many of the new sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #134  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I finally got to see one, late in the day on the 30th. I posted my wish list at my blog, along with a very general review.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good one; my wish list is considerably long. And, growing. Yikes! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #135  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disappointed - only 3 sets that I must have, but I will buy the paper in the new colors. Too cute and whimsical for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #136  
Matboard Maniac

Does anyone know if there is a link to the new cattie yet?? I can't wait!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #137  
Stampin' Fool

You can view the new catalog on stampinup.com
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #138  
Hardware Hotshot

I like the sets... Loved some of the new kid ones... wild about you, mix and mingle, other then a couple of sets, no must haves.... always nice to see the new ideas though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #139  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by huggy
Yes, go to www.stampinup.com. The Catalog is on line. I don't know why I haven't got my catalog yet. It's July 7th and I still don't have it.

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #140  
Glitter Queen

When can we start purchasing these catalogs? My Demo is quiting now after ten years and I am bummed and wondering where and when I can get my hot little hands on one. I can't wait to see it, If I don't get one soon I will go through SU withdrawels. Do you know if you can view it on the website?
Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #141  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by casbresha
When can we start purchasing these catalogs? My Demo is quiting now after ten years and I am bummed and wondering where and when I can get my hot little hands on one. I can't wait to see it, If I don't get one soon I will go through SU withdrawels. Do you know if you can view it on the website?
Rene'
Yes, you can view the catalog online. Just go to www.stampinup.com and on the right side of your screen (after you select your country), there will be a link to the current catalog.

You can also use the demonstrator locator on the website to find a new demonstrator who will be able to hook you up with a hard copy of the catalog. It is currently available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #142  
Glitter Queen

thank you Christine, I have been actually at the web site now for over an hr. looking through the catty and I have made a wishlist.LOL
I found a demonstrator in my area too. Thank You:-)
Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #143  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
what did you all think of the catalog.the samples are great,and new ideas I love.But ? on some new sets.
I agree completely. My wish list of new sets is very short. I'll be buying other "stuff" that I've been wanting to try, and stocking up on paper. Otherwise I'll by some more sets from the old catalog that I don't have yet.

- Krista
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:36 AM   #144  
Cardstock Collector

Default Agree

I agree, I too wasn't impressed with many of the new sets either. I am also upset that you can't get the new pad colors in craft! That's basically the only kind of ink I use for my scrapbooks, to avoid future fading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 06:00 AM   #145  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by casbresha
thank you Christine, I have been actually at the web site now for over an hr. looking through the catty and I have made a wishlist.LOL
I found a demonstrator in my area too. Thank You:-)
Rene'
You're welcome, Rene'! Glad I could help.

This year, I made my wishlist on Excel hoping that it would help with that overwhelmed feeling I get whenever I want to place an order because of all the fun stuff I want. It didn't. I'm just an overwhelmed person with an Excel sheet instead. I don't think I'm ever going to be all that organized. It's the fun type of overwhelmed, luckily!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 07:22 AM   #146  
Glitter Guru

I wasn't all that impressed with the hostess sets this year at all.1 level 2.1 maybe 2 level 3's and 2 level 1'c tags and riveting.that's it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes