Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #41  
MnM
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't mean alot to me. I joined in April of 2003. I am member # 424 and I only have 210 posts so far. I lurk for ideas, sales, tips and techniques. I just recently started a gallery.....( two days ago). I think alot of it has to do with time. I have dial up and everything takes a bit too much time. And I really don't think I have a whole lot to say. Usually everything has been said before I get in on a conversation.
M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #42  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by MnM
They don't mean alot to me.

Oh me either girl... I lurk for ideas, sales, tips and techniques. Me too...I love to lurk for ideas and other misc stampin stuff. I just recently started a gallery.....( two days ago). Yipee...Good for you! Seriously. I will have to check it out. I think alot of it has to do with time. I have dial up and everything takes a bit too much time.Oh I remember dial up. UGH very annoying at times. And I really don't think I have a whole lot to say. Oh honey, sure you do...follow one of those ladies with a bazillion posts...they'll get you to chat very easily. *wink* Usually everything has been said before I get in on a conversation. no way...say it again in your own words.
M
K, I'm off to check out your *new* gallery...funny thread...HRR said posted such an awesome response...You go HRR!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #43  
Mad Swapper

I think that we get an idea of (somewhat) type of personality people have after they have posted a bunch on the site. I know that JulieHRR is perky, dynamo and soo cute!! (She was easy to recognize at a scs dinner in Portland) And, so were many of the ladies that post here. I was standing in line at the Portland regionals this past year and couldn't believe all the celebrities from this site that I could name!!! That was fun! Including Jamie- who does post a bunch... And, Consuelo.... And Jenn....

I don't think it is so much a pointing fingers thing as much as it is a friendly thing. Those posters that have the higher numbers know the others with high numbers because they have had conversations with each other. They "Get" each other.

You can easily become a part of scs by posting to threads that you find interesting and you can also have friends here, too.

Have fun and don't take everything too seriously. Most of us are here to have fun and learn more about stamping.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 AM   #44  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I found this thread interesting as I have been irritated lately with count-watchers as well.
When I first came to SCS I made the mistake of checking out the Current Events forum early on and posting my opinion on a few topics. I was denounced as a troll because of my small number of posts. But I wasn't being a troll (as those regulars in CE found out, to their dismay) I was just NEW. This was also my first chat forum. Everyone has to start somewhere. I've since sworn off CE and now have a respectable number of posts elsewhere.

The only reason I check out post counts now is when I am replying to someone--sometimes I assume the person is new to stamping as well as new to SCS and tailor my response to their question, add more info, un-complicate the wording, etc. To me, it's a friendly thing, not a basher at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 05:30 AM   #45  
Insane Embellisher

I lurked for years before I ever posted. I'm not much of a chatter in the forums, but the more I visit them, the more I feel inclined to post.

Also, as someone who doesn't upload images to a gallery, I never understood the importance of making comments. But after reading discussions here, I've started more comments when the cards catch my eye.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

I saw a series of meaningless posts from one member for the sole purpose of making her count higher. So I guess the numbers really do matter... to some people.[/QUOTE]

How does one know if the posts are meaningless? I don't think posts are that important. I recently did a BST transaction with someone who had like 50 posts. I have faith this will conclude in a positive way. there are so many genuine caring people on this site. Just enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Well I am new here, but I am a long time stamper and found this board from another big name board where I have tons of posts, been on there for years, and I have been a stamper for years and years. In fact the first message board I was on didn't even have a count, lol. It was called scrapbook obsessions, and was the best site. I am sure if the owner didn't close the board, we would all still be there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

what is a BST transaction, lol? Would this be considered meaningless? LOL, sorry just had to add that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile appropriate place

I thought that this thread was a very appropriate place for my 100th post. I lurk an awful lot. I am on here everyday, but don't always post. It's so fun to read what everyone else says.

I start out on SCS by just checking out the gallery and I believe I am now addicted to the forums. Do they have a group for that?...and would I really want to join it if it were available?

Thank heavens for SCS...the greatest place on the web!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I guess I look at it the same as shopping online: would I do business with a person or company that has minimal transactions, or do I look for individuals/companies that have a higher number of transactions--a proven history of doing business, and given that, feel more comfortable assuming that the individual/company is more than likely a reliable one with whom to do business?HTH!

Wow, every business has to start somewhere. I will give people a chance on ebay, even if they have very few feedbacks, someone has to give them a chance. I have never been messed over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #51  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
what is a BST transaction, lol? Would this be considered meaningless? LOL, sorry just had to add that.
Buy/Sell/Trade

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #52  

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
There is another place to chat???? :shock:
I didn't know that. This is the first site I ever posted on, and I have been loyal (so far).
I do have a question - What is post cheating? Is it like the one who posted 8 times with single words to get herself to 500?:(
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #53  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Wow, every business has to start somewhere. I will give people a chance on ebay, even if they have very few feedbacks, someone has to give them a chance. I have never been messed over.
Unfortunately, as in anywhere in life, there have been some bad transactions here and so some people are wary. Ebay has a feedback system where you can at least leave bad feedback for a transaction gone bad. Some people at SCS would rather just deal on BST with people with a little more of a community history here - not necessarily a BST history. Nothing personal against newbies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

For Pro and Jami's posts about not being on here much or counting their posts, I have one word:
SPEW! :cool:
Otherwise, I agree completely. Number of posts doesn't matter unless you are thinking about making a deal on the BST forum or you spot a lost newbie wandering around lost in the wrong forum. It's nice to set somebody on the right path to find their answers. I think post "cheating" would be doing bump after bump after bump, for no good reason. I have friends on here with less than a 1,000 posts and some with billions and billions! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

I've been around for a while now, yet I have quite a few less posts than others who have come after me. I don't think your post number has anything to do with your level of talent or credibility. Love this place! Love the gallery and that is where most of my posts go. I have to agree with a previous poster that much of the time what I have to say has already been said, so I don't comment much. Thanks OP for starting this thread, it's been in intresting read!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #56  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I can't argue that! :grin: Everybody does indeed hafta start somewhere. And, I think it's awesome that you have never been messed over!

Unfortunately, I have been burned a time or three, in the past, along with a few friends . . . :( so, I have become somewhat cautious and more careful . . .

Whether or not I like it, it's a "buyer beware" world we live in . . . and, I've learned that lesson the hard way . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Sorry I forgot to add that I do not have a scanner or digital camera yet so I can not start a gallery. I'm working on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #58  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by imataloss
I've been around for a while now, yet I have quite a few less posts than others who have come after me. I don't think your post number has anything to do with your level of talent or credibility. Love this place! Love the gallery and that is where most of my posts go. I have to agree with a previous poster that much of the time what I have to say has already been said, so I don't comment much. Thanks OP for starting this thread, it's been in intresting read!
Amen!....(Meaningless post!):mrgreen:
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Amen!....(Meaningless post!):mrgreen:
Gina K.
he he;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #60  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivia'smom
How does one know if the posts are meaningless?
Because they open a topic called "forgive me for this but I am close to 500 posts" and then post 5 one word messages that strung together say "I", "need", "eight", "more", "posts" "to" "make", "500 posts!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #61  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
The only reason I care is because I don't wanna be a "glitter guru". I am so NOT a glitter girl. Well, I take that back, I do own some stickles now . . . but I'll be happy when that changes. Otherwise I think it is just a fun thing to watch change.

I'd kill a cat to be glitter guru. I'm a rubber obsessor. Yuck!

BTW, I wouldn't really kill a cat. I just like the alliteration (sp?). Personally, I love cats. I own 3.5 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 520 Likes on 234 Posts

You guys are TOO funny!
I post when I have a question...or when I have made a tool and want to share it with others...or respond to someone's question. I'm not too good at posting on all the cards I really like, need to work on that!
But if someone else has answered the question and I can't add anything new, well, I just figure they got the answer and I don't need to "beat a dead horse" as the saying goes!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default 3.5 Cats?

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlalei
Personally, I love cats. I own 3.5 of them.
3.5 Cats? An explanation is in order? ;)
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #64  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
Because they open a topic called "forgive me for this but I am close to 500 posts" and then post 5 one word messages that strung together say "I", "need", "eight", "more", "posts" "to" "make", "500 posts!"
:confused: Why would someone do that when they can just go t othe gallery and post on cards to up the count??? Too wierd.

Me personally - I don't think post count is a HUGE issue - it in no way means someone w/ over say 10,000 is in any way better than someone w/ 1000 (or 100 or 10!). It's all in good fun - and fun to get to the higher counts and see the name change (or get over 20,000 and choose your own!)

Anywho just my .02
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #65  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51
3.5 Cats? An explanation is in order? ;)
We own three of them and then feed a feral stray that hangs around. Would love to catch and sterilize him, but he's smarter than the average bear. I'm actually quite conflicted because we are moving to a new house next month and I'd like to take him with us because he's basically moved onto our deck and I'm worried about what happens when we leave. But I have no idea how to catch the little guy. He's very distrustful despite being fed twice a day for the past 6 months. But I hijack.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

I am glad someone started this thread. For some reason, and I honestly don't remember why, I have been self-conscious about my post count lately. It must be how some guys feel about that "size matters" thing. I wouldn't think of posting something about nothing just to grow my post count. It just seems wasteful or something.:p Great, now I've messed up my smiley. Oh, well. I'm not a big talker IRL and I am a terribly slow typist who goes back and tries to fix every little mistake. :rolleyes: This took me at least 5 minutes to write. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #67  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My mama always said "Quality over Quanity"... so I try not to post for the sake of posting.. only when I have something I think someone might get something out of... but then again... I didn't figure out how great the people around SCS are until I started posting to threads!

SCSers Rock!

Peace!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

The smiley came out ok! It was large and egg-shaped on my screen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

hmm...do comments count as posts? if so this thread is making me feel bad. what if you just like to leave comments on cards? I love to give encouragement as much as I like to get it. When I'm participating in the challenges I really try to look at all the cards and more often than not there is something postive to say about a card. Is that bad, should we really only post on the absolutely stunning cards? Since I've been able to participate in the challenges almost daily that adds up to a lot of cards looked at and commented on. LOL I just realized I'm spending too much time here! The number of posts doesn't matter to me at all. It's not like outside of SCS anyone knows or cares what a Die Cut Diva is...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
I'm ROTFLMBO 'cuz, not too long ago:

Lori congratulated me on my 10K, and for nearly a day I sat there puzzled trying to figure out WTH she was talkin' 'bout.

I finally had to ASK!!!!

When she told me 10K posts, I was mortified . . .

Julie =

Need to shut m'trap and go STAMP!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #71  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjf&cjfsmommy
hmm...do comments count as posts? if so this thread is making me feel bad. what if you just like to leave comments on cards? I love to give encouragement as much as I like to get it. When I'm participating in the challenges I really try to look at all the cards and more often than not there is something postive to say about a card. Is that bad, should we really only post on the absolutely stunning cards? Since I've been able to participate in the challenges almost daily that adds up to a lot of cards looked at and commented on. LOL I just realized I'm spending too much time here! The number of posts doesn't matter to me at all. It's not like outside of SCS anyone knows or cares what a Die Cut Diva is...
oh dang sonia! I hope I didn't make you feel bad :( I never would have reached 2000 posts if not for gallery comments. I didn't consider that .. but gallery commenting is not only courteous, but ya never know who's day you're going to make! What an awesome feeling "I" get when someone takes the time to make a comment on one of my things. Ya just gotta pay that stuff forward

peace!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #72  
Glitter Guru

Gallery comments and weeknight stalking man....that'll rack your posts up too. I make it a goal to make at least 10 gallery comments a day, but usually end up doing a ton more than that, lol. ;)
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #73  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

hmm...do comments count as posts?
Yes, gallery comments count as post counts.

Quote:

if so this thread is making me feel bad.
Why? It shouldn't!

Quote:

what if you just like to leave comments on cards? I love to give encouragement as much as I like to get it. When I'm participating in the challenges I really try to look at all the cards and more often than not there is something postive to say about a card. Is that bad, should we really only post on the absolutely stunning cards? Since I've been able to participate in the challenges almost daily that adds up to a lot of cards looked at and commented on.
There's nothing wrong at all with leaving comments on cards! And, you should, if you want to, period!

Quote:

LOL I just realized I'm spending too much time here! The number of posts doesn't matter to me at all.
Oy, me, too.

Quote:

It's not like outside of SCS anyone knows or cares what a Die Cut Diva is...
Straight on! And, many SCS insiders, like myself, don't care either! ;)

But, I still think I personally spend too much time yappin' and not enough stampin' . . . :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy
oh dang sonia! I hope I didn't make you feel bad :( I never would have reached 2000 posts if not for gallery comments. I didn't consider that .. but gallery commenting is not only courteous, but ya never know who's day you're going to make! What an awesome feeling "I" get when someone takes the time to make a comment on one of my things. Ya just gotta pay that stuff forward

peace!
No, no, not you Holly! but the idea that commenting on cards could be viewed by some people as a way to increase your posts. I would hate be seen as a 'post hiker' for leaving comments! I just sometimes feel like if someone leaves a comment for me I like to do the same for them KWIM? And I try to leave comments on those in the gallery that hv lower numbers. How do you all deal with that? I'm new since Feb. and I'm sure my posts are pretty high in comparision to others. I've also been know to spend some time stalking so that could be part of the problem! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #75  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm a lurker in that I read all the new threads in the stamp related forums everyday, but post on only few, So I guess I understand that lower post counts aren't an issue. I also would never buy anthing from BST, just not my style, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I am over 700 posts, so I guess I have posted, but I've been here a good while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yes, gallery comments count as post counts.

Why? It shouldn't!

There's nothing wrong at all with leaving comments on cards! And, you should, if you want to, period!

Oy, me, too.

Straight on! And, many SCS insiders, like myself, don't care either! ;)

But, I still think I personally spend too much time yappin' and not enough stampin' . . . :oops:
ok (as I post again!) maybe not feeling bad but feeling a little self conscious about how high my posts are. Geez, I hv a complex now about my post #, it used to just be about my cards! I'm just going to just get ready for bible study and not come back and post for a while, like 15 minutes or so:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #77  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Ahh...that is the sad thing...and it's all SCS's fault--I never would have spent this much time in the forums if the gallery hadn't been shut down for that 6 week time a while back...LOL!!!!! Well, what am I doing here...when I just traded for a "basket full of fun" and am itching to go make something?
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #78  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

No, no, not you Holly! but the idea that commenting on cards could be viewed by some people as a way to increase your posts. I would hate be seen as a 'post hiker' for leaving comments! I just sometimes feel like if someone leaves a comment for me I like to do the same for them KWIM? And I try to leave comments on those in the gallery that hv lower numbers. How do you all deal with that? I'm new since Feb. and I'm sure my posts are pretty high in comparision to others. I've also been know to spend some time stalking so that could be part of the problem! ;)
I would think that leaving comments is a great thing to do! If your posts go up because of that, (I was't even aware of that and I bet a lot of people aren't,) well, then that's just great! Imagine that,- you see a tons of gorgeous cards, you comment on them because you want to let the person know how impressed you are with their work and then BANG- more credibility on the BST Boards!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

ok (as I post again!) maybe not feeling bad but feeling a little self conscious about how high my posts are. Geez, I hv a complex now about my post #, it used to just be about my cards! I'm just going to just get ready for bible study and not come back and post for a while, like 15 minutes or so:mrgreen:
Umm... seriously, you're self-conscious about your cards?! You have a GORGEOUS gallery!!!

Personally, my post # got so high when I started playing games in the Fun & Games forum. It's just for fun, and I'm not self-conscious about my #, one way or the other, at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #80  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
:confused: Why would someone do that when they can just go t othe gallery and post on cards to up the count??? Too wierd.

Me personally - I don't think post count is a HUGE issue - it in no way means someone w/ over say 10,000 is in any way better than someone w/ 1000 (or 100 or 10!). It's all in good fun - and fun to get to the higher counts and see the name change (or get over 20,000 and choose your own!)

Anywho just my .02
Um Amy....I think you're just saying that because you're not over 10,000 yet!:p :p

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just teasing...I don't want any nasty PMs!

Reply With Quote Likes