Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now that it's July 1st

How many people do you think, and I'm just guessing here, will sell the paper, inks, markers, and stamp sets that have retired fast??

I went to the buy/sell forum this morning and yes it is early I know by EST times.. but I only saw one and was surprised to be honest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #2  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is the new Catty up?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Is the new Catty up?
No, not yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I've only seen a few, too - but yeah...probably too early. I have a small list and will be looking for some good deals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just posted mine. I sell all my retired. That's how I keep my craft space manageable. After 12 years as a demo, I must be ruthless! Then I can afford lots of fun new stuff too.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
Just posted mine. I sell all my retired. That's how I keep my craft space manageable. After 12 years as a demo, I must be ruthless! Then I can afford lots of fun new stuff too.
I just sent my paperwork in to be an SU demo and after being a customer for 6 years, I have quite a few...almost all but 9 of my many many sets are retired... so I'm guessing I'm going to have to look at selling my retired ones to make room for new ones I will be demoing from the current catalogs. Is the B/S/T forum the best way to do it? I would like to stay away from e-bay because of the fees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 04:20 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Cindy, from a Ebay and SCS buyer standpoint, I would rether buy from you people here than Ebay. On Ebay, I do not know how they take care of their stuff. I KNOW you all take very good care of your sets. Just my thoughts on that.

Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennmoore3View Post
Cindy, from a Ebay and SCS buyer standpoint, I would rether buy from you people here than Ebay. On Ebay, I do not know how they take care of their stuff. I KNOW you all take very good care of your sets. Just my thoughts on that.

Jenn
Thanks Jenn. I have purchased from both e-bay and SCS in the past and have only been disappointed once with e-bay. The Christmas stamp set came with still wet silver ink on it. Almost like the person selling it decided to do one more stamp off of the stamps before they shipped it out. When I contacted them about it, they immediately apoloigzed and refunded my shipping costs. So they still got a positive feedback from me because they responded quickly and compensated me for my trouble. I had to clean up the stamps before I used them and they were fine. I will be the first one to tell you that my stamps are well used. They have seen a lot of ink and both the rubber and wood are stained but fortunately we all know that does not affect the stamping quality. I will make sure I disclose any staining in any post I do selling my retired sets and discount them accordingly. I definitely will not be able to sell any of them "as new" or "like new" quality.

My next question would be..what is the best way to accept payment through the sell forum?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I already sold by stuff; on Ebay. I chose Ebay because I've had good luck there in the past and I didn't want to wait until today ( when everything officially retires ) to be able to sell on the B/S/T forum. This way, I've got the cash and once I get my hands on my new catty ( hopefully TODAY )...I can place my order!

I've also had good luck buying some things off of the B/S/T forum here. As for the fees on Ebay I don't find them too high. You can keep the listing fee down to around .30 cents or less by only using one photo, keeping your starting price low, no reserve, stuff like that. Then there is just another small percent off the final sale price.

I sold 16 colors, (paper, ink, markers, refills and some ribbon ) and after Ebay fees AND Paypal fees I still ended up with around $135 to spend on new stuff.

Now if I can just get my hands on that catalog!!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennmoore3View Post

Jenn
Jenn-
I have to disagree with you from my own experiences. On eBay usually sellers have to describe their stamps very well or they are afraid of receiving bad feedback. They also have to add a picture of the stamps and the rubber. Most sellers here don't. I have received some weird (mounted) stamp sets from my purchases on SCS. I would say 10% of my purchases, not a whole lot. Some of them are so badly stained, I had to clean them before I let them touch my ink pads

As far as shipping speed goes there is always those that ship the same day and then there is those that have some excuse or the other and ship a week or two later whether it is SCS or eBay.

I really don't mind late shipping as long as it has been communicated, but don't like it if I have to ask after a week and then they say they will ship the next day and then a week later when you ask again is when they will actually ship.

Just my thoughts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I absolutely understand why demos would need to clear out retired supplies, but I'm not a demo and see no need to get rid of supplies that are perfectly useable. This turns out to my advantage now because I have plenty of Wild Wasabi and River Rock already...just need to get reinkers, LOL!

Non-demos can really benefit from demos who need to unload discontinued stuff. I'm sure lots will be going up in B/S/T over the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to remember, too, that not all demos get rid of their retired stuff. There are an awful lot of demos out there that buy for themselves for the discount. They buy what they want and don't necessarily get rid of it just because SU decides to retire something. I was a demo for 4 years and still have all the stuff I bought. I got what I liked and what I'd use. I just separated out the retired stuff from the current so I would only use current stuff for demo swaps. I still use some of the very first stamps I bought over 10 years ago because they fit a need in my stamping stash. Not everybody gets rid of their stuff so you might not find as much as you think you would from demos. Demos that are doing it more for a business instead of for artistic/creative reasons usually off-load their retired stuff, but not everybody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #13  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 135 Likes on 75 Posts

i do a retired stuff "garage sale" on the items i decied to unload. i keep some sets but usually get rid of paper and inks, ribbons, ect. after my garage sale, whatever is left will go on ebay. i have felt that i can usually get more money for my items on ebay. not always, but more often than not.

My Blog
http://bethrush.stampinup.net/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

On Ebay you only have a choice of NEW or USED when listing there is no nearly new or anything like that. You can put that in the body of the description and it is always a good idea to have sets of the rubber as well as the other side of the wood blocks with the picture. Now that you can have more than one picture and it doesnt cost more it is a great way to sell your stamps. Good luck.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #15  
ch
Mad Swapper

I have been a hobby demo for 6 years, I buy what I like. But, after a while I just get tired of stamps! I am happy to sell them at a great price to someone who will love them or I donate them to charity. They are still very useable, I like them but I want something new! I do not want to keep every stamp set I have ever purchased. Too many stamp set clutters my brain! That is why I get rid of stamp sets.
Have a happy day--send a card and make someones day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy501View Post
I just sent my paperwork in to be an SU demo and after being a customer for 6 years, I have quite a few...almost all but 9 of my many many sets are retired... so I'm guessing I'm going to have to look at selling my retired ones to make room for new ones I will be demoing from the current catalogs. Is the B/S/T forum the best way to do it? I would like to stay away from e-bay because of the fees.
Here is the best place to start because you can just put your whole list in one post. You still have to pay paypal fees, but no selling fees. But you can sometimes get higher prices on eBay if the item is in demand. Right now eBay has free listing fees until June 12 for up to 100 items. I'm definately going to take advantage of that, but it will take a while to photograph and list all the items.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes