Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default November Paper Pumpkin

May I just say that I'm not sure this month SU Paper Pumpkin is worth the money...? Price increased to 28$ Canadian and it was disappointing for the Christmas box, no real "special" gift they have sent in the past. Also the cards size is so tiny that as a card maker, I would be embarrassed to give them as they are designed to be. I will have to put them on a larger card base, hopefully I can make them work.

So I don't know if I will continue. Is the anticipation worth the price? I don't know. What do you all think of Paper Pumpkin now?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 373 Likes on 202 Posts

Bummer! I haven't gotten my PP yet, but smaller cards is not impressive. I have been thinking the last few months that I would not continue PP because I don't need treat boxes and the colors or style of card kits did not suit my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LOVE this months Paper Pumpkin! I have a friend who wished she hadn't opted out and would love to purchase one but she lives in the states. I think it is super cute! You could always put the smaller card on a soft sky cardstock base and then use an A2 envelope. I've seen them redone to make larger and they looked super cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Bummer! I haven't gotten my PP yet, but smaller cards is not impressive. I have been thinking the last few months that I would not continue PP because I don't need treat boxes and the colors or style of card kits did not suit my style.
I finally gave up Paper Pumpkin earlier this year. Like you, I didn't need the treat boxes. I really wish they had a preview option like some other companies. What I liked, I really liked. But I was just getting too many I didn't care for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 06:04 AM   #5  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree a preview option woukd be wonderful. I only glanced at the project so not sure how I'll use it yet. I think the stamps look fun to use and I love getting inkspots!

Probably won't give up my subscription since I chose it to get myself to do "out of the box" crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #6  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't look right now but can the project be made to use for giftcard holders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 06:39 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 373 Likes on 202 Posts

I do enjoy the stamps and ink spots. And if we could preview or sign up for cards only would be great. My family is wide spread so I order and ship direct gifts for the grandkids (their parents are military). I send lots of cards for all occasions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this month! I love it so much I want to hoard the supplies and I LOVE using up any of my card making supplies usually. I never hoard!

I'm going to frame one for a cute winter decoration! I may make a wreath around a battery candle out of the punch outs.

I know they are SMALL! I would never use as a gift card as I bet it would get thrown out right away. At least a standard A-2 Christmas card would be kept a few weeks. I would adhere to a standard size base.

I love how someone used them as a template and sponged on the hills and houses. That means I can make this card forever! I love all the great ideas I get on the FB page "Paper Pumpkin Fan Club" as I'm not good at thinking out of the box! No pun intended!

I just started in July. I was happy to find out usually every other month is a craft. I'd rather have the craft. I have plenty of cards from SU classes and I also have have tons of SU stamp sets I need to use.

I know there are glitches here and there that stampers get frustrated with. I understand why but I love the anticipation and chatter. I'm in the states so the $20.00 is worth it to me.

There's things I don't love tho. the punch outs seem cheap. They have
a white core. I wish all the paper was actual SU CS.

I understand some subscribers get upset, as at times there are quality control issues. I don't mind adapting at all but truthfully we shouldn't have to!

I never was much interested in PP until they had the $5.00 trial box. I'll stay with it for awhile as I'm having fun!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 11-19-2016 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you a for your views! I have enjoyed PP for I think 2 1/2 years, so I have had a good run. I wish all the boxes were cards, not half treat boxes haha. Good thing we are all different And if SU gave previews, they would have a very inconsistent number of orders to fill every month so I'm sure that wouldn't happen, as good an idea as it is...

Good ideas from you, I will definitely be putting them on a larger card base, and yes may make a couple into gift card holders. Thank you all for your input! I have decided to cancel my subscription for now, may sign up again in awhile. have so much to wok with I want to use up some materials. In fact, that may be my New Year's resolution! Who's with me on that??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

I haven't opened the pack of cards yet, but I'm already using the sentiments on cards I'm making. I'm happy!
Reply With Quote Likes