Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #41  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Happy 4th of July from one of the people who needs a freckle colored marker.

Just a reminder that if you have an opinion on this topic, please express it without directing it at another member.

God Bless America. Have a safe and happy holiday.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't many of us in the 50-60's play with Barbie and Ken? What color was their skin? Did we as children care??

Patti

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 07-04-2010 at 07:05 AM..
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
Didn't many of us in the 50-60's play with Barbie and Ken? What color was their skin? Did we as children care??

Patti
Don't know what race your are, but as a caucasion I'm sure I never gave it a thought that my barbie, ken, and baby dolls looked like me. (well, not the 36-18-28 - or whatever - but you get my drift ) However, studies from the 70's showed good evidence that "black" girls who played with "white" dolls suffered from lower self esteem. Granted, this is getting somewhat off the topic, but I am mentioning it because of your comments about whether children care. Now, if it turns out you are African American then you will have shot a big hole throught my come-back. ;)

Either way, I think the OP and those of us who expressed agreement with her were not making a huge deal about the issue, nor was anyone suggesting that this was more important than starving children or people dying, etc.
Compulsive Stamper

Why does it alway come down to race? There are separate markets for everything; makeup lines, hair products, food markets, even greeting cards....seems the more we try to bring our society up to 'multi-cultural' standards....there's just one more issue that that divides us even further (a description of a marker color, no less). In this day and age of diversity, we should be more accepting and tolerant and a little less sensitive to what makes us all different.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlmomView Post
I think the OP and those of us who expressed agreement with her were not making a huge deal about the issue, nor was anyone suggesting that this was more important than starving children or people dying, etc.
Nodding my head on both counts.
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
I guess I'll never be represented. I've checked SU, Copics, Crayola, Prisma, and about ten other companies. If anyone ever finds a company that represents my group, "fake tan", please let me know. Thank you and have a beautiful day no matter what color you are.
Bahahaha! Fake tan...me too! Bahahaha!
"but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind...I press on toward the the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13b-14