Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #81  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will buy any stamp in any form. If I like the images I buy them. I also leave them in their original intended form. If you give me block I stick them on..if they are unmounted they stay that way.
A majority of my cardstock and ink is SU tho b/c i love to co-ordinate everything perfectly. I agree a little that some of SU sets can be pricey so I'm just really choosy with what I decide on. I love the portability of taking a catalogue with me to browse though and make "wish" lists.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

For me, it's that my tastes have changed over the 7+ years that I've been stamping. I started out using only SU, but as I realized what other companies were offering in the way of style/design, I realized that (right now, at least) I prefer edgier, graphic/mod styles than what SU is currently offering. As I'm focusing my style I'm being a lot more careful about what I actually buy. I have way too many sets that have barely seen ink because I bought them just because they were the popular sets to buy and not because they actually fit my stamping style!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #83  
Kookie Creator

I love their stamps! I do wish they offerred an unmounted option, though. I hate to pay for that wood that never gets used.

I also tend to use clear stamps when precise placement is required, as I am not good at aligning wood stamps, but I still use wood stamps a lot.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #84  
Forum Fanatic

I also started with Stampin' Up! At the time in Anchorage there were no LLS's. That was over 10 years ago. Now I have many choices for my stamping and scrapbooking supplies. If I want/need something NOW, I probably won't order from SU. Also, if I have a specific project in mind I will probably buy locally. However, I must say that I recently placed a small order online through my SU consultant's website. I was very pleased with the convenience and timing of the order. All of that said, I really like the quality of SU paper, inks and punches. I will continue to use them for basic supplies. Although my stamp budget may be spread amoung Amuse, Clear Art Stamps, CTMH, and many more!!

My Gallery
and My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #85  
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I started out with SU! exclusively, but I eventually found it harder and harder to find the "fresh" images that other companies were offering. I still use the CS, accessories, and ink, and probably will for a long time, but with the increasing cost of SU!'s stamp sets, my DT requirements, and all of the other companies that I LOVE, I just don't seem to have time for SU! anymore. Kind of makes me sad to "say" that, but it's true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #86  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

This is certainly an interesting thread - I've been stamping for almost 10 years and SU! got me started. I've always loved their products as the majority of the time their quality is superior. I recently became a demonstrator but I don't limit what I buy to SU! Here are my good and bad thoughts on SU!

Expensive - yes and no. When one small stamp at a LSS is $7.99 versus buying a SU! set of 6 for $19.95, even with the handling fee the cost is still cheaper per stamp. Oh, and the prices of the BS and the dies are too high considering when I can get them on sale or a coupon. The only thing is the SU! dies may be exclusive - I'll have to wait to see if other companies carry the same dies. And what's with the bag that cost $70, get real!

Mounted vs unmounted: I wish SU! offered to get the stamps unmounted. I love wood, but storage will become an issue so I'd like the option.

Clear vs rubber - I hope SU! never goes to clear stamps, I love the quality and durability of good ol rubber. I really feel that in the long run that clear stamps are not going to be as durable. Yes, yes, yes I read up on clear stamps, but I'm just not convinced. I limit how much I'll spend on clear stamps because I am not convinced.

Selection - I do think that SU! needs to be more trendy - but, I see alot of cards made with what I consider "old style". I use to mark a ton of sets I wanted, now I find that there are only a few sets that I "must" have. I think too many of the stamps are geared toward scrappers, and nothing against scrapbooking, but I want a better variety. Or maybe I'm just not into the Boho trend.

Paper - can't beat SU! paper. I've never had any problem with fading but then my paper isn't exposed to direct sunlight. It wonderful for paper crafting as it can take the abuse. I love that the colors match, sometimnes it can be so frustrating with other brands to find a match. Don't care for their DP. I don't buy it that often as it is too thin and I ahve always sheets that I don't like and won't use from the set.

Ink - I like the color matching but HATE the stamp pads. After awhile they sink in the middle. I wish the spots can in individuals instead of just sets. I started making my own spots for my favorite colors.

Markers - love that they match but hate the new tips. They just don't hold up but even the Marvy's tips don't hold up. I think they made them cheaper so we'd ahve to buy new markers.

Well, over all I like SU! and will continue to use their products, I think in general they are a good value, but I'm not addicted to any one stamp vendor and will do my civic duty to help the ecomony buy continuing to shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, in a tiny little home bursting at the seams with love!

I LOVE SU!...

that said, I DO wish they would add more accessories for coloring, altering, painting, etc. TAC and CTMH seem to get that it helps to have a broad selection of these items and as demonstrator I sometimes feel limited. How much water coloring and pastels can a person take?!

Also, i do feel their masculine choices are very limited. I go into a panick when I'm faced with a "masculine" card making situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #88  
Crimping Master

I started branched out and moved in. Does that make sense??? I never started with SU!, but love their stamps now!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #89  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Ink - I like the color matching but HATE the stamp pads. After awhile they sink in the middle. I wish the spots can in individuals instead of just sets. I started making my own spots for my favorite colors....
Have you tried reinking? I did, and the centers popped right up. No problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #90  
Matboard Maniac

I am a SU demo and I pretty much only use SU inks and Paper and Markers but the more into stamping I get the more I am venturing to other companies for a bigger variety!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #91  
Insane Embellisher

I love SU for their paper, ink and punches. I have recently cut back on the stamp sets that I buy from them only because sometimes I just like one or two stamps out of the group, so why buy the set? I have so many stamp sets that are SU that I have bought just because I only liked one or two stamps out of the group and it is just money wasted in my opinion. I have recently branched out and started buying other stamps but I will always go to SU for paper, ink and punches!
you made them feel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #92  
Crimping Master

If everyone is "jumping ship" from SU! then why are many companies basically copying them?

I know i have several catalogs from other companies that when you look at their stuff you say "HEY! that is a SU! set- they barely even changed it!" or "well, that just retired from SU!, and now they are doing the same set!"

It seems like some of their "artists" look at a SU! catty and copy their work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

I started with other companies many years ago (back in the 80's - gulp), and tend to keep finding my way back to SU - for a while I bought nothing SU (when Papertrey was new, when MFT came out, CHF, and so many others). I've never been an SU only customer but I do find the consistent quality and ability to coordinate their paper/ink, etc is really a time saver. I will continue to buy their stamps and accessories. Like many others, I think the prices are a bit high, but they do pay commissions to the demos who are selling (unlike many of the online only companies), and they publish the hard copy catalogs, etc. I like the hard copy catalog much better than an online only catalog.

I love that there are so many options these days - I wish someone could come in and sort through my things for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #94  
Mad Swapper

Charity...I always order the limit online to receive free shipping!!! That is not being cheap - that's being smart ;O)
I started with SU 6 years ago. My demo was/is fantastic. I learned alot and now I want to mix and match. Not have complete sets, some of which (stamps) never, ever see ink. The past couple of years I have gone afield so to speak. There are so many wonderful companies out there. Gina K, Papertrey, MFT. Hero Arts are producing lovely stamps again. Penny Black - oh sheeeesh, I'm drooling. Sorry, have to leave and stamp something!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #95  
Mad Swapper

I use mostly SU stamps, inks, and papers but I, too, wish SU would lose some of the flowery stamps and get more male-oriented stamps (not just fishing and hunting). Just my 2 cents worth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #96  
Inking Addict

Default No more Stampi' Up!?

Variety is the spice of life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

I love SU - especially the papers and inks. I can't find better around here! Unfortunately, most of the specialty stamp stores around here have gone out of business in the last few years, so I will keep buying SU stamps and the occasional single stamps elsewhere. I do love having sets that coordinate. And I do agree that it would be great if SU had more kids/masculine stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftygirl04View Post
I use mostly SU stamps, inks, and papers but I, too, wish SU would lose some of the flowery stamps and get more male-oriented stamps (not just fishing and hunting). Just my 2 cents worth.
I totally agree. While I am a sucker for a new flower set(not that I need anymore flowers:rolleyes: ), I would love to see more masculine and vintage. I still have the lighthouse and covered bridge sets and the few other masculine sets that I was able to get before they retired. I know that I can use other sets like Lovely as a Tree, but that set I think I have done to death. Don't get me wrong, I really love it and it is so versatile, but I would love to see some different trees. The one positive to come from a lack of masculine sets is that it makes me think outside of the box and use sets I normally wouldn't think to use for other purposes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiehurleyView Post
I have been a demo for 5 years and I have to say that I love SU! or I wouldn't be a demo. But I am also a stamper and if I like something else, I will get it, because I like alot of variety. So, for me, SU! will be around for awhile for me, but I think it is because there are more and more companys now than there used to be. So, the temptations are everywhere for me anyway.
I could not have said this better! I am a stamper and a Demo, and I buy what I like. I have several Papertrey sets, and I love their paper, but it is in addition to all my SU stuff, not instead of. I still think SU's card stock and DS papers ROCK for quality, and I use it almost exclusively.
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #100  
Mad Swapper

I started stamping about 5 years ago after going to a SU party. Like so many others, that's where I started, and was so loyal to them because I loved all of the matching and coordinating accessories. I especially love punches that match stamps. But as time progressed, and with spending so much time here at SplitCoast, I was introduced to other companies.

I am in a SU hostess club, and I find myself really having to TRY to come up with my minimum order. It seems I am just buying paper and accessories from Stampin Up now. I find their sets quite high, and considering I don't even use the wood, I really have to LOVE a set to buy it now.

But that doesn't stop me from getting all excited every time a new catalog comes out! I will always shop with SU, but not nearly as much as I did when I started out. There are simply too many wonderful companies to choose from--too many other accessories, embellishments, papers... etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #101  
Gallery Gazer

I love SU and use their cardstock almost exclusively. To me it is the best there is. To follow suit I do also use mostly the SU inks also. As far as images, I started with SU solely and thanks to Splitcoaststampers I was introduced to other companies so I have branched out and have a nice collection of other wood-mounted rubber, non-mounted rubber, and clear stamps also. I like having a variety of images. My SU demo is a friend of mine and we are part of a group of friends who get together to stamp weekly so I place an SU order at least every two months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't think it's such a bad thing to think that SU markets heavily to beginner stampers. I would never have started stamping other than the way I did (which was going to a SU party) The stamps and inks in the stores was intimidating, not to mention expensive, and if I hadn't started stamping with SU, there would have been no incentive for me to look at stamps on line. But if you really stop and think about it, the in-home demonstrations, matching colors, and buying stamps in sets is the perfect way to give people a push into this crafting oblivian we're all in;) .

And while I will always be loyal to SU (more specifically my demo) I am planning to branch out in the next few months. But that's not going to take anything away from my demo, it's just going to take away from my bank account.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just read this whole thread and I think what really stands out is SU! has great quality CS, DP, punches and other tools that most of you keep coming back to, but have diversified in stamps.

For me, I'm still defining my own style, and I'm really drawn to the clean and simple look. I bought the scallop punch and the word window and so on, but I never like the cards I make using them. I just bought a PaperTrey set and have fallen in love. So for me, I'll probably go the way a lot of you have, and buy everything BUT the stamps from SU!....oh, wait - I still love a lot of the longer sentiments I don't see anywhere else (who else has a stamp quoting Antoine De St. Exupery, ya know?!)

All that said, however, no other stamp company that I would buy from comes with a demo who gives me inspiration, hosts workshops, introduces me to new products and techniques, and generally gives me more than just a picture on a web site.

I won't leave SU! completely until my demo dies or I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #104  
Inking Addict

Default To each his own

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3girls1guyView Post
If everyone is "jumping ship" from SU! then why are many companies basically copying them?

I know i have several catalogs from other companies that when you look at their stuff you say "HEY! that is a SU! set- they barely even changed it!" or "well, that just retired from SU!, and now they are doing the same set!"

It seems like some of their "artists" look at a SU! catty and copy their work.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through this thread. I started out buying other companies and am so glad to finally have found SU.

I find it interesting that many of the designers of other nonSU stamp companies stalk this website. I too have noticed so many of the newer stamp companies have stamps very, very similar to SU. Well they say copying is the greatest form of flattery you know.

Personally, I love SU cardstock, DSP, inks, and stamps. I have been a scrapper for a long time, but I find I like SU's paper and CS quality much better than Creative Memories or other similar companies.

As far as the wooden blocks.... LOVE them!! I absolutely hate clear and acrylic stamps and unmounted. I personally don't like the CTMH or Angel company stuff at all. SU is my style and really speaks to me.

Recently I went online and viewed some of the other stamp company websites just to see what else was out there. I will quote Paylin, "Thanks, but No THanks." As far as accessories, I do branch out occassionally and get a specific ribbon or bling item that SU doesn't have. But tell me one other stamp company that has everything I want to scrap and stamp...... that's right, it doesn't exist now and never will.

My personal opinion is that SU has a superior product and should be priced as such to reflect the quality. SU has been in this business for 20 years. It will be interesting to see if some of these other fly by night companies will still be open in 20 years.

Shipping and handling is getting very expensive period. I shop online a lot due to my location away from Metro areas and have noticed most companies S&H costs have gone up the last couple years due to the price of transportation and fuel costs. They have no choice. I figure if I had to drive to the city to find a LSS it would cost me just as much by the time I figure in cost of gas, mileage and wear and tear on the vehicle, and my time away from home. Now SU is just a click away on the internet, and that is another reason I love SU. Seems to me they are doing very well keeping up with the trends.

SU can't please everyone, but neither can M's, JoAnn's, Verve, CTMH, TAC, CM, Bazzill, RustyPickle, blah blah blah.

To each his own!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #105  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hmmm, I've kind of gone the other way around. I was stamping for about 6 years before I found Stampin' Up! I was on a Design Team for a stamp manufacturing company and I had been published many times. Although I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I mainly use Stampin' Up! anyway just because of the ease - I find that because everything is coordinated (colours and punches with stamps, etc), I can concentrate on the creative part of stamping rather than spending time trying to find a ribbon/accessory that will match. I also don't have the frustration of my stamped images not being clear like I did with several brands I used to use.

Angela
My Stampin' Up! Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #106  
Insane Embellisher

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with you about the s/h; what makes me mad is they charge tax on the s/h!!! Tax is suppose to be on materials only not s/h.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #107  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunriseaView Post
I agree with you about the s/h; what makes me mad is they charge tax on the s/h!!! Tax is suppose to be on materials only not s/h.
Taxes on s/h is not within Stampin' Up!'s (or any other company's) control. That is regulated by each state. We have no choice but to charge tax on s/h if our state mandates that we do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I, as well as many others, also started by attending a SU party. I will probably always purchase some stuff from them, but no way could I shop with just one company. Most people's taste changes, we seek new things.
SU cardstock is okay, but so is CTMH & Bazzil. I personally buy most of mine from Marco Paper.
SU has some really nice stamp sets, but so do hundreds of other companies I purchase from. And it would be really nice if they did give a choice of UM or M. I mostly buy UM now because of space & price. I also agree that it would be nice to offer a choice of single stamps as well as sets. The only wood mounted stamps that really excite me are Gray Wolf Graphics. Their stamps are beautifully etched, but their wood mounts are an art unto themselves. So smooth.
I don't use SU ink because of their miserable pads. Love all the different styles & colors out there. I especially like the Marvy pad style and the Memento pad style. They don't sink in the middle & they don't ruin my fingernails.
I think SU probably has the best punches, but CM has some really nice ones too.
I cannot imagine using only one companies products. There are just too many other choices. I've never had a problem matching colors (I don't really understand how hard can that be). But then my daughter has to have every piece of furniture in her house match, and I just laugh at her. I get bored too quickly.
I think there's room for bunches of companies out there. And if people start buying mostly UM stamps & SU takes a hit on stamp sales, maybe they'll change one day.
Viva la difference!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #109  
Crimping Master

Post StampinUp? Changing companies???

I think that as someone else mentioned, StampinUp is usually how most of us got interested in stamping as a hobby. My first one was almost 10 yrs ago., and out of loyalty to a friend I went - but couldn't make it till the very end. And I was STILL hooked by seeing how pretty and simply a card could be made.

I don't picture StampinUp ever going under - this site is proof of that as since I joined there is always continuous talk, trading, selling, etc going on

I do think when some people become more creative in their stamping, they then may think of a particular stamp they want and branch out a bit. Or others, like myself, I bought some "boy" stamps - more the 10-15 age which was somehting that had to do with what my kids were "into" at the time.

But one thing I know as an honest fact......you could never make a better investment in buying any other stamps from any other company as StampinUp. I 've had several sales - and having one now - as my Parkinsons has progressed. Guess which stamps sell the fastest.....StampinUp AND in many cases you can get either close to the value you put into them ot even more for the stamps.

I branched out a bit because of being diagnosed with the Parkinsons, knowing that it was going to have some limitations with my stamping....which it does now. Well, I'm trying to sell my individual stamps so that I can buy some stamps with larger images and not great detail......and it will be with StampinUp when I do get the $$..................because the single stamps from the other companies don't move. So, I know that even with my limitations, though I do like many stamps that other companies make,,,,,it;s the StampinUp ones that you are better investing your money into as far as resale value,

Blessings,'
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:05 AM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

I spread the love everywhere - I love Rubber!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #111  
Insane Embellisher

I have been stamping for a very long time and have tons of stamps for a multitude of companies. But I seem to always reach for my SU supplies (stamp sets, paper, ink, accessories). I just love that everything matches. I am not good with coordinating stuff on my own - and SU does that for me! I love their designer series paper and how it all coordinates with their cardstock and stamps!!!

I love that. I also like their quality.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #112  
Insane Embellisher

I've been stamping for just a little over a year. Gosh, it seems longer than that!It's such a joy! I didn't start out using SU products. I do think their stamp sets are a deal given the price of individual stamps. I do like receiving stamps in a set and it does make my stamps more organized, I think. I love the SU paper and their punches. I am NOT overly impressed with their inks. I only have a few of their current ink pads. There are many other inks --that I have--- that I prefer, to be honest. I will continue to buy their cs as it's such a good deal and the quality there is great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 AM   #113  
Hardware Hotshot

I am an SU demo and have used only SU for a couple of years. Just recently I started buying stamps from other companies. For me the reason is that clear and unmounted stamps are so much cheaper! I really love Stampin' Up! but I just can't afford their stamps right now when I can buy somewhere else and get twice as much. I'll still buy a set here and there, but I just can't buy them like I used to. Now as far as accessories, I'm mostly sticking with SU. I think their prices are very reasonable on most things and I love that everything matches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #114  
Gallery Gazer

I have nothing bad to say about SU! It's because of SU! that I am a stamper!!

I was a demo for seven years and quit when they went to two cattys a year. It was just too much. Suddenly the world opened up to me!! I was SO thrilled with the other products out there, and all the different styles! I found CARLA'S style!! For the first seven years of stamping I stamped in SU!'s style. All my cards looked like they could be in the SU! catty. Now NONE of my work would make it in! I made it onto five design teams within six months of quitting SU! I'm not sure I would have made the teams if I was just another SU! clone. I'm not saying SU! style is bad, I'm saying it's a predictable style, and it's not mine.
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #115  
Stampin' Fool

I am not a demo either. I have bought from SU for about 8 -10 years. I can not afford to buy from them any more. The prices have been creeping up over the years, plus shipping, tax and now (in NJ) I am paying 7% tax on the S+H! I can not figure that part out for the life of me. No other company charges me that! Prices on ALL their items have gone up so much over the years and it's very disappointing.
Plus, there is the storage factor. I was being "buried" under all those plastic boxes and wood pieces. I finally unmounted them all! What a relief! I have space again.
I do continue to use the paper and other things like the markers, etc. that I have purchased. I do not know if I will reorder when my supply runs out, however. The quality is good and the idea of coordinating colors for their system makes life easier for me since I feel "color challenged." However this new concept of a group of colors that are only available for the 1 year, to me, is just another gimmick to make us buy. Please don't throw any stones at me for that but I do not see the sense of buying something that I can not get more of the next time I need it.
Now they have 2 catalogs a year. It was hard enough trying to afford what I wanted over the course of a full year, now I would have to buy even faster! I know that I and a lot of people I know just can not do it anymore! Plus, they have the supplements and the Sale-A-Bration! It just has become too much money!!! I just had to say, "Enough already!"
Please do not feel "attacked" by me. I know a lot of you love SU and and I did, too, when I could afford it.
Also, I do not particularly care for thr designs that much anymore.

Last edited by kitty14; 10-14-2008 at 06:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #116  
Compulsive Stamper

Default No More STampin Up

I love SU and am a demo, but we are struggling financially right now and all of SU comes in sets and sometimes I would really like a stamp in a set but can't affort the whole set. I have found if I look around online or at HL, Michaels or Joann's or other stamp stores I can find a stamp pretty similar and get it for about 6.oo and less if I have a coupon and don't have to buy the whole set. Also I buy the books of patterned print in the big book things and individual sheets at HL, Michaels etc. and on sale and pick and choose what I want and need. Same for ribbon. I like to actually see the ribbon and feel it.
Just my thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #117  
Hardware Hotshot

I love Chinese food but also love pizza, and chocolate.

Variety is the stamp of life.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #118  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

I use to be a consultant for a company for 5 years and I was so burned out with the feeling of buying only their products. I mean come on, if you don't have it I should be able to buy it somewhere else.....so for me if I like it I buy it!! I have a friend (retired "ART" teacher) who signed up with SU and has made my life with crafting so GOOD!! I have a friend who is a CTMH consultant and love her too!!! I live in a rural area so it's good having them close to me. They both are great!!

I buy online a lot also. The companies here are fantastic!!! But I am very frugal with shipping cost. I will not buy if shipping is too high. With that said most of my consultants will have a special for "book a party and get free shipping"....they know I will book a party/show/class.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #119  
Rubber Obsessor

I love SU products and how everything matches so nice. I have bought from other places as well, but to me SU in the greatest. Ya shipping sucks, but my demo usually gives me a break on it, and with the price of gas, everything goes up and we can't blame that on SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

This may be a little shocking to some of you, but I never heard of Stampin Up until I came to SCS! I only started making cards a year or so ago, though I have scrapbooked for years. So I just bought stuff from the stores and found online shops I liked, like Stamping Bella and PTI. When I read about SU so much on here, I went to investigate, and found that it doesn't seem to be that big in my area of NJ. Probably b/c we have so many stores and easy access to them. Years ago my cousin sold CTMH and i had a few items from that, but that was all. I only got into stamping more on cards b/c of clear stamps and prefer them, so guess I am not missing out. Plus from what I've read they do sound expensive and I prefer variety, so guess its a good thing for me. But I can understand how for some that is all they can access, makes sense. Although if a company wants to stay alive in this industry, especially with the state of economy now, they may want to make sure to listen to their customers and update and stay with trends...I hope for all you SU clients out there that they do!
Reply With Quote Likes