Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 AM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaxiTamView Post
Of course, things always change but @ one time Shelli said that SU would never go acrylic. Maybe the die cut stamps is just a new way to compete w/ the acrylic.

As for the idea of offering both cut & uncut... I had thought of that. Again like when you could pay less for the stamps w/out the wood.
Actually acrylic mount is different than acrylic stamps. Acrylic mount, just means using your rubber on a clear block (unmounted rubber). Personally I would LOVE this option, mainly for the space saving! Acrylic (or polymer actually)is the clear stamps we all see - Technique Tuesday, CTMH, etc. I would NOT like this option as I have NEVER been able to get a good image from them.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 AM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5View Post
No, I didn't save a copy, but it had something to do with the fact that SU is my sanity as I raise two boys with autism (they were diagnosed around the same time I joined) and SU has provided me with a way to give back to the people who have helped me so much. Each year for the past 5 years or so I have held a fundraiser for programs that help autistic children. Each one of the last three have raised $1000 each, with this past one bringing in $1200. There is NO way I could've given that kind of money out of my own pocket, so SU has been key.
that IS worth sharing at convention! My nephew has autism.

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewel081378View Post
If they were going to go with die cuts it would be kind of neat if they gave you a choice, such as a set that has a price for regular uncut for all of us that like to cut the rubber and then another price for the die-cut stamps. . .
I was thinking the *exact* same thing! I don't have a problem cutting rubber - never have. It lets me trim right *TO* the image. But lots of my customers hate it. So I've been cutting their stamps as a courtesy. Giving people a choice of order, with a price difference to reflect die-cut vs sheet would be awesome. Then if customers still wanted *me* to do the cutting, I would have a ready-made reason to charge for the service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #84  
Crimping Master

I don't mind that the mini sets are die cut. I just wish the alphabet sets I bought were die cut. I still haven't mounted them yet. I haven't gotten any that were die cut yet so i'm curious to see how close they are cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Now if they just die cut the Alpha sets or those sets with a lot of blocks or many many small images like Everyday Flexible Phrases, I wouldn't mind the price increase for that...although I like to cut my own stamps, those are a pain...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 AM   #86  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
Actually acrylic mount is different than acrylic stamps. Acrylic mount, just means using your rubber on a clear block (unmounted rubber). Personally I would LOVE this option, mainly for the space saving! Acrylic (or polymer actually)is the clear stamps we all see - Technique Tuesday, CTMH, etc. I would NOT like this option as I have NEVER been able to get a good image from them.....
My Bad. Sorry for the the confusion. I think I better leave this topic alone until there is something definite to talk about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're not alone...but I am sure I will adapt!! And I'm sure my customers will love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef MamaView Post
I must be the lone stamper who LOVES the feeling of cutting through rubber! I love trimming & mounting my stamps! I don't sell them, though, and die cut is much easier. I'll have to ask for scraps so I can have something to cut now & then! Or order from other companies that still let me cut the rubber! Yeah, I'm a weirdo, I know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelBeeView Post
I'm with you -- nothing better than vegging out in front of the tube, trimming and mounting stamps. It's just so...mindless. ....I can find something else mindless to do...

I get too stressed cutting rubber cuz I can't get the darn scissors in where I want it to go!

Folding laundry infront of the boob tube - not that is mindless. I like doing that!
"If only there were some kind of giant world wide river of information, available at any time to anyone in the world who has the right equipment, that is relatively easy to use, and available at a nominal expense.......but where would we get such a thing?" Brian Nelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingJenView Post
I get too stressed cutting rubber cuz I can't get the darn scissors in where I want it to go!

Folding laundry infront of the boob tube - not that is mindless. I like doing that!

Oops...was supposed to be "now" :rolleyes:
"If only there were some kind of giant world wide river of information, available at any time to anyone in the world who has the right equipment, that is relatively easy to use, and available at a nominal expense.......but where would we get such a thing?" Brian Nelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #90  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentilView Post
Isn't there ANYTHING new to announce besides the darn die-cuts? Personally, I could care less whether they decide to die cut or not, but I was hoping to hear about some changes to the compensation plan or something to make it easier and/or better for us demos. I am happy about the new GR points, but it's a small concession. I had about 400 points left over this year, but I'm annoyed that it's almost all catalog merchandise. I know a lot of demos are teetering on the edge of quitting and I was hoping to hear something a little more encouraging than die cut stamps. Any business news?
Why would you be annoyed at getting something for free, no matter what it is? I got the forms package through GR this last time and, while it's not the most exciting thing around, it did same me some money - always a bonus in my book! I'm sorry that you know a lot of demos who are thinking about quitting, but that's the beauty of a business like SU! - if you don't like it, you don't have to do it. To me, this "job" is what you make of it and as generous as SU! is overall, I don't see how they could make it much better for demonstrators.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #91  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentilView Post
Isn't there ANYTHING new to announce besides the darn die-cuts? I know a lot of demos are teetering on the edge of quitting and I was hoping to hear something a little more encouraging than die cut stamps. Any business news?
You have to remember there are still four more days of convention (between the two sessions) - they don't let all their secrets out of the bag the first day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #92  
Kookie Creator

Oh know.... my 13yr old daughter mounts the stamps for a marjority of my customers. And amzingly, she loves doing it. Well at least it will be easier for me to mount... Yay no cutting out.
Robyn Aussie Demo #45
Life is a blessing, have fun, live it to the full and enjoy every moment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #93  
Mad Swapper

The die cut stamps cost more so if they did put them into the regular catalog as regular stamps, then they would have to drop the price, might be a little confusing. Maybe they are testing the waters to se if everything starts to come die cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

Another new thing today (may be posted elsewhere)....

The new DBWS are awesome! Once they are up and running, demonstrators will be able to accept recruit applications on-line through the last day of the month... (please don't flame me if I have it slightly "off"! If I actually HAD ever recruited anyone - I'd know more about it!)

Anyone else have more info to add!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

what does DBWS stand for? tia

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #96  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
what does DBWS stand for? tia
I believe it stands for Demo Business Web Site, it's that website service that SU offers to their demos for a fee. It's both a hosting service so a demo can have his/her own website and it offers easy to get up-and-running templates to choose from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't seen this stuff posted anywhere yet, so I hope I'm not repeating something I just didn't see. Anyways, here are some announcements/spoilers? from this morning's session:

Stampin' Up! projects will be on the cover of Cards magazine. I think they said it would be for August & September.

Stampin' Up! is teaming up with 3M/Scotch to have pictures of SU projects on the front of packages for their adhesive products.

In the fall, SU will start online advertising with web banners promoting Simply Scrappin' and Simply Sent kits.

SU is participating in sponsorship for World Cardmaking Day in October. Demos will get their contact info on the SU website if we fill out a form about an event we're holding that day.

DBWS will provide the capability for recruits to submit their Demo Agreements online so we'll no longer have to worry about mailing things in time to meet the deadlines. We can pre-register to get a DBWS (if we don't have one already) until August 13th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef MamaView Post
I must be the lone stamper who LOVES the feeling of cutting through rubber! I love trimming & mounting my stamps! I don't sell them, though, and die cut is much easier. I'll have to ask for scraps so I can have something to cut now & then! Or order from other companies that still let me cut the rubber! Yeah, I'm a weirdo, I know!

I enjoy it too. But, sometimes, when I get several new sets, especially ones with many little stamps, like All in the Family, I find myself thinking die-cut wouldn't be so bad. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

So great to hear but I wonder why they aren't just die cutting them all. I really hope they do - I am not an expert cutter and this will mean so much to me.
Die cutting stamps is a much more difficult process requiring more specialization for the equipment for each stamp set. While we may well be heading to all die-cut, it won't be all at once because of the expense, time, etc. If they were to make die-cut sets of all the current sets, they'd have to go back and make new dies for each set! I'm certain that would be prohibitively expensive. But we'll definitely keep watching to see what other changes may be in store in the next few years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by AttachedAtTheHipView Post
Die cutting stamps is a much more difficult process requiring more specialization for the equipment for each stamp set. While we may well be heading to all die-cut, it won't be all at once because of the expense, time, etc. If they were to make die-cut sets of all the current sets, they'd have to go back and make new dies for each set! I'm certain that would be prohibitively expensive. But we'll definitely keep watching to see what other changes may be in store in the next few years!

That makes perfect sense thanks for the explanation

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

Is there any news on a date when SU is coming to the UK?

I know they last said late 2007 early 2008, but just wondering if they have announced a date yet, and how us addicts who want to be demo's can sign up.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharmedView Post
Is there any news on a date when SU is coming to the UK?

I know they last said late 2007 early 2008, but just wondering if they have announced a date yet, and how us addicts who want to be demo's can sign up.

thanks!
No date, but they introduced a new employee from the UK... if that provides hope?

Last edited by rhondag; 07-29-2007 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Hi all from the UK ,i have also been waiting for the UK launch and was sent an e mail 11 July inviting me to try to join a panel for market research ....i have not heard yet if im one of the chosen few ...if they could see me bouncing up and down in front of the computer shouting pick me! pick me! they would just have to choose me just to put me out of the misery of waiting .We do need some good news here in the UK as we have had the wettest summer since records began and several large cities have ended up under water ,to think when i lived in the USA (Las Vegas) i missed a rainy day now and again ...now i find myself thinking of those wonderful blue skies and very friendly folks (thats where i found SU and became an addict ) i also found Joanns and Michaels ........and Sears and Target ....ok you get the idea .....miss you all ........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #104  
Mad Swapper

Remember when we switched from foam mounted to wood mounted??? The catty listed both, each with their respective prices. I, for one, would love for all the sets to be die cut. While I might still trim some of the stamps, the majority would be attached to the wood without further fuss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #105  
Mad Swapper

I would love the option of buying no wood (unmounted) so I could use my rubbah with my acrylic blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #106  
Inking Addict

Talking I received a die cut set!

I was very surprised, but happy to find that my Three for You punch box stamps were die cut. I had to double check my other sets from the current catty to see if these were also pre-cut. I can tell you since I have received them and had my hands on them they are wonderful!!!! You still get a sheet of rubber so those that are worried about not having leftovers for using on projects have nothing to fear. There is lots of rubber left over and no scissors getting gummed up. I always loved trimming my stamps, but worried that I'd take to much off and have a few times.

I have been reading everyone's posts about the pros and cons. I can only hope they eventually do all of the sets as die cut rubber. Anyone else receive a set that was die cut??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #107  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

For me anyway... I will enjoy not cutting out the stamps... I'm the oops when it comes to undercutting... and to have neat trimmed stamps... Oh Boy...got to love that....

:cool: Faith
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #108  
Crimping Master

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I think my customers are going to LOVE this!!! I hear lots more comments about not wanting to cut rubber than I do about loving it! I've actually only heard one customer ever tell me she loves it.
As for me, I can choose to trim or not trim, but I don't want my customers to leave their stamps on the shelf for awhile in dread of cutting them out.
So I'm thrilled we are moving in this direction!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #109  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampsnsmilesView Post
I was very surprised, but happy to find that my Three for You punch box stamps were die cut. I had to double check my other sets from the current catty to see if these were also pre-cut. I can tell you since I have received them and had my hands on them they are wonderful!!!! You still get a sheet of rubber so those that are worried about not having leftovers for using on projects have nothing to fear. There is lots of rubber left over and no scissors getting gummed up. I always loved trimming my stamps, but worried that I'd take to much off and have a few times.

I have been reading everyone's posts about the pros and cons. I can only hope they eventually do all of the sets as die cut rubber. Anyone else receive a set that was die cut??

So if we order the punch box today it will arrive die cut? Are all the new stamps die cut?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #110  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

So if we order the punch box today it will arrive die cut? Are all the new stamps die cut?
Yes, the stamps in the Punch Box are die cut! Pop 'em out and stick 'em on the wood!
And ALL the mini catalogs stamps will be die cut also!!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #111  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the idea of them all being die-cut, but wonder if that will cause the price to increase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #112  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody SmithView Post
I like the idea of them all being die-cut, but wonder if that will cause the price to increase.
Honestly I wasn't surprised at all for the price increase. I don't know when the last increase was but it hasn't been in the last 5 years that I am aware of. I knew one would have to come eventually. If this price increase is for having the rubber die cut I am all for it. But I don't think this is the reason for the increase in price. I think it was going to happen, it's neccessary. Vendors increase their cost and in turn we have to increase ours. It might be part of the reason but I am sure there were other reasons for the increases. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree. All our rubber is die cut now...just into rectangles instead of shapes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #114  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got my Holiday Mini preorder and I have to tell you I got my stamps together and was playing in no time flat. Love the new die cut stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #115  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by picturegirlView Post
I haven't seen this stuff posted anywhere yet, so I hope I'm not repeating something I just didn't see. Anyways, here are some announcements/spoilers? from this morning's session:

Stampin' Up! projects will be on the cover of Cards magazine. I think they said it would be for August & September.

Stampin' Up! is teaming up with 3M/Scotch to have pictures of SU projects on the front of packages for their adhesive products.

In the fall, SU will start online advertising with web banners promoting Simply Scrappin' and Simply Sent kits.

SU is participating in sponsorship for World Cardmaking Day in October. Demos will get their contact info on the SU website if we fill out a form about an event we're holding that day.

DBWS will provide the capability for recruits to submit their Demo Agreements online so we'll no longer have to worry about mailing things in time to meet the deadlines. We can pre-register to get a DBWS (if we don't have one already) until August 13th.

I don't know way but I have it written down that you can sign up for the DBWS until Aug. 31st and when you do you get the first two months for free. Also the new templets won't be available for awhile yet. I need to double check this becuase I don't want to sign up now if its going to take them until the middle of Sept. etc. I would rather wait until the 31st if it is possible so I can have Sept and Oct as my free months. I would think they would have things sorted out by then. I hope that is
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #116  
Matboard Maniac

Default H-E-L-P

Anyone know how to "pre-register" for the DWSS? I have looked just about everywhere online (obviously not everywhere, because I haven't found it!) and cannot seem to locate it! DUH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gretchen-- You do need to "pre-register" by the 13th, but you can register after the new sites are available, too. If you preregister you get an "old" site until the date the new site goes live, then your two free months start when the new site goes live. If you don't preregister, your two free months start the day you sign up for the new site.

For those who currently have a site, we don't have to do a thing! We're already registered, our site name witll transfer to the new site, and our two free months start the day the new site goes live!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn-- here's the "path" to follow on the SU site...

My Business > My Business Resources > Demonstrator Business Web Site

The link to sign up for a site should be on the right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

HURRAY FOR DINA ANKER -- she won a freebie cruise!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #120  
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 304 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by belindakingView Post
Gretchen-- You do need to "pre-register" by the 13th, but you can register after the new sites are available, too. If you preregister you get an "old" site until the date the new site goes live, then your two free months start when the new site goes live. If you don't preregister, your two free months start the day you sign up for the new site.

For those who currently have a site, we don't have to do a thing! We're already registered, our site name witll transfer to the new site, and our two free months start the day the new site goes live!
What is the advantage of pre-registering? Is there one?
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Reply With Quote Likes