Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New things!

Have you ever received things from other people who thought they would stamp, but never did? I just got a bag full of paper, paper cutter, ink, 4 stamps sets that have never been used. Our sons girlfriends mom saw the cards I made her daughter and had her bring the bag of stuff! I am so excited to get new things. I know she likes my cards, so I am going to send her a bunch of cards as a thank you. Sure did make me want to do a happy dance!

How many of you have been so lucky?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Yes that has happened to me too. One of my moms friends found out that I like to make cards and she sent over a huge bag of stuff! Papers, pens, embellishments!! It always awesome when you receive lots of goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that happened to me kinda. Our church has an ongoing flea market - the ladies know I make cards and someone donated a good size box full of stamps, stamp pads, embossing powders, emblishments, ribbons, etc. I was on such a high the ladies still talk about it. I guess I was close to hyperventilating when going through it. Most of the stuff like your's were never opened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

No, but I have bought some stuff off ladies who gave up the craft and super cheap.
Was great for me since I am just starting out with all of this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I had a friend turn over to me a box full of stamping stuff she had stored in her closet for years and never used. Turns out it was filled with never inked PSX beauties. I created a set of cards for her with each card featuring a different one of her stamps.There were almost 30.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
I had a friend turn over to me a box full of stamping stuff she had stored in her closet for years and never used. Turns out it was filled with never inked PSX beauties. I created a set of cards for her with each card featuring a different one of her stamps.There were almost 30.

Pretty sure they would have had to perform CPR if that happened to me. Yep...maybe even might have had to get those paddle thingies out and stick 'em on my chest!!! PSX...be still my heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavioliGirlView Post
Pretty sure they would have had to perform CPR if that happened to me. Yep...maybe even might have had to get those paddle thingies out and stick 'em on my chest!!! PSX...be still my heart.
It was a pretty amazing day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I live in an over 55 active adult community and we have a small card making group - 7 ladies who meet every other Wed. from 1-4. So far 4 of the ladies have neighbors or friends who have given them stamps, papers, stickers, ink, storage containers, even carrying totes, 2 with wheels to share with our group. We love getting "new stuff" and share it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #9  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes ... my BFF is very generous (she purges whereas I hoard). Also, back when I was a demo, my upline made a career change so she gave me boxes of items that were very useful. And, one of my DH's former coworkers no longer stamps but knew I did and gave me several items. And a fellow SCSer gave me a set of stamps that didn't sell at a garage sale set-up at a shoebox swap. Another SCSer shares lots of cardstock at these events. And one even shared self-adhesive fabric. And I've received several stamps/sets as well as images (where permitted) through Wish Rak.

Finally, I've received items twice from the S/O Pay It Forward thread (here's the link: S/O Pay It Forward by Scrapjanny at Splitcoaststampers).

So I have received many crafty kindnesses and pay back whenever I can.

Hope everyone has a day filled with ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's how I started rubber stamping. A friend of mine used to be an SU demo, and then she hadn't done any stamping for about 5 years and decided to get rid of all her stuff. She GAVE me about $1500 worth of stamps because she knew I did crafty things and I was smitten with the stamping bug. :-) Suh-weet!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

My group of friends that stamp each month brings in their things they don't use and we trade them. One of our friends who doesn't have as many goodies as we do gets a lot of our "mistake purchases."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
Yes ... my BFF is very generous (she purges whereas I hoard). Also, back when I was a demo, my upline made a career change so she gave me boxes of items that were very useful. And, one of my DH's former coworkers no longer stamps but knew I did and gave me several items. And a fellow SCSer gave me a set of stamps that didn't sell at a garage sale set-up at a shoebox swap. Another SCSer shares lots of cardstock at these events. And one even shared self-adhesive fabric. And I've received several stamps/sets as well as images (where permitted) through Wish Rak.

Finally, I've received items twice from the S/O Pay It Forward thread (here's the link: S/O Pay It Forward by Scrapjanny at Splitcoaststampers).

So I have received many crafty kindnesses and pay back whenever I can.

Hope everyone has a day filled with ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
I too, have received several items from the PAY IT FORWARD thread. I have requested things that I know my other stamping friends would love to have, so I pass them on to them, once they arrive at my doorstep. Initial stamps that may be for a friend, flowers, twine, etc. That thread is wonderful, and the ladies there are so generous, it warms your heart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

My BFF's brother's girlfriend just gave me a Big Shot. She never used it so I'm reaping the reward!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

I sure do wish sometimes we had a "like" button on here. We are all so lucky! Although I probably don't need anything else, I don't have a Big Shot or Cricut. I put them on Christmas lists, but never happens. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Lucky you, Shelley. You are going to LOVE it. I use mine with almost any card I make. Have fun. Bobbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a friend who was leaving scrapbooking give me a TON of paper...I'm getting started on my son's high school graduation book and I know I'll put it to use.
The most incredible blessing I've ever seen though was a HUGE donation that my friends' Christian camp and daycare center received from a lady who was giving up a Creative Memories business....cutting tools, scrapbooks, paper, stickers, scissors, punches, etc! AMAZING!
It is fun to give stuff away on the PIF thread and know that people are really going to use the stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this thread...I have a sweet friend who is more like a sister that lives several states away...every once and a while I have UPS pull up to my garage and dump their load. Well, the most she has sent is 6 boxes but my hubby called me and told me UPS dropped their whole load at hour home and I just have not forgotten him saying that. She sends me paper, cardstock, stamps, adhesives, embellishments...ink..you name it. Normally 4 to 6 large boxes at a time. Usually between 30 and 50lbs each. It is like Christmas when these boxes arrive. I have 4 boxes arriving on Friday and I am so excited I can hardly sleep. I use much of the stuff she send me to make the cards I donate to the troops and bookstores (in churches) that I support. I share A LOT of the stuff with friends because my stamp room is FULL. I am spilling over into two other rooms now...lol. But still want more...sickness...I have it.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Not had it happen to me, but I have done it to others...and it is the best feeling in the world. When I lived in the UK our home was in a small village, they had an active senior day centre, so I asked if they would like some crafting goodies...I think they thought they were getting a box of goodies, I turned up with what was basically a car load, it felt to good to see their faces light up and they were opening boxes as I was unloading the car...I received the most beautiful card the next week...and recently a girl a work was talking about crafting with her young son and making a scrapbook, so I asked her if she could like some more stash...it felt so good to share my hobby...and I just asked that if there was anything she didnt want or if furture she had the oppurtunity to pass it on that she did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I like to make little goodies for my son's teachers and the aides in his room. One of the aides asked me if I wanted some of her stamping stuff since she doesn't do it anymore.

Of course, I said "yes please :p !"

She blessed me with lots of stamps and punches - it was so fun to go through everything and see all of the "new" stuff to play with.

Like others on this thread, I too pay it forward with cards/stuff. The hospital where I volunteer at has 2 groups that make scrapbooks: one group is for physical therapy patients to scrap their memories and also it is good hand therapy for them to cut paper and use stamps. The other group is a support group for parents with babies in the NICU. They all get together to support each other and to make albums of their little ones while they are in the hospital.

It's fun to get stuff and give stuff ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

My mother gave me most if not all of the stuff she bought over a decade ago, and a friend gave me a huge tube with maybe 30 SU! stamps sets from the early 2000's. Most were all sets I will enjoy or traded with other stampers here at SCS for things I would use. I appreciated all the items I was given.

I have also been the one to give away, but not for having given up the hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a dear friend who lives so close to me that I can walk to her house. She is so kind to open her home up to me so I can use all her cool stamp stuff. She's also so sweet to always send me home with paper and such. God has trully blessed me with her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

My son-in-law's Aunt gave me TONS of all sorts of card stock....... and ribbon and bows and buttons and OH MY! what a stash! She worked for a small card and invitation company that went out of business last year. Her boss told her to take what ever she wanted from the leftover inventory. High quality papers of all sorts.

She likes my cards, so I have made her a bunch as a thank you, and will make some more as time allows. She has stocked me with card making supplies, so I don't mind stocking her with cards. Such a blessing!
Reply With Quote Likes