Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the peeks I've seen, I really love the new color families, but wasn't too impressed with the new In Colors. They just don't look all that special, fresh or new. I'm sure I'll get the new colors being added to the families, though.

I'm just really selective about stamp purchases these days, so there hasn't been anything I've seen thus far from the new catty that says "Ooh, you've gotta get me!" But that could change when I have a real catty in my hands.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #82  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
OOPS! I forgot that Sherry started this thread to get a peek at the new SU catalog. I apologize to Sherry for taking this off topic.
you're right.... we should get back on topic.... what we really need to right the ship is for someone to post a link to the new catty ;) LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
you're right.... we should get back on topic.... what we really need to right the ship is for someone to post a link to the new catty ;) LOL
LOL, there is NO link....just yet anyway. Demos have hard copies but I don't know anyone who has the PDF yet and it's not posted on the demo site. I'm guessing it won't be released until July 1....I THINK that's how it was last year though....can't remember...that's a long time and a lot of stamps ago.....

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #84  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
LOL, there is NO link....just yet anyway. Demos have hard copies but I don't know anyone who has the PDF yet and it's not posted on the demo site. I'm guessing it won't be released until July 1....I THINK that's how it was last year though....can't remember...that's a long time and a lot of stamps ago.....
I know it isn't out yet, but a girl can hope right! LOL

Usually about a week early someone posts the PDF so we have a few weeks to go until that happens and then the discussion in this thread happens all over again. too funny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #85  
Die Cut Diva

sorry double post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #86  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I remember one time:
I was in 6th grade and my best friend thought her boyfriend Russ McCrory was the cutest boy in the class, but I thought John Penfield was the cutest. So we sent a note around to all the girls asking them who they thought was the cutest.

But Mrs. Ramage got a hold of it and quickly reminded us, �We are in Math class, not Cute Boys Class.�
Great story, but you left us hanging. Was it ever determined who was cutest? I mean like did you do the survey at recess or something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #87  
Embossing Fanatic

This thread cracks me up because it's true; people do get upset because there are sneak peeks. But I think the sneak peeks are great because it generates excitement and excitement has to equal sales for SU! I'm a complete SU! fan. I have a couple of stamps from other companies but SU! is by far my favorite for stamps, ink, paper, ribbon, etc. I've never had a bad experience with SU! or a demonstrator. I've completely enjoyed it all!

I am most looking forward to the color renovations in the new catty. I am a complete color person and I love "in" colors, more so than having a favorite color I always use. I can't wait to get new cardstock and ink in these fabulous new choices!

Anyways, just my two stampin' cents and my personal experience with SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was wondering if there are any new silhouette stamps in the new catty? I love those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeisaJaneView Post
I was wondering if there are any new silhouette stamps in the new catty? I love those.

I second that question! Also... any ideas on how the color families will be reassembled? I am hoping I can buy a pack of the new and in color spots? Is that a possibility?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by annascreationsView Post
I second that question! Also... any ideas on how the color families will be reassembled? I am hoping I can buy a pack of the new and in color spots? Is that a possibility?

Thanks!
Hi Annascreations
here's a quote directly from the SU facebook page
NEW PRODUCTS: Stampin� Up! can�t bring in new colors without bringing in new products! So you will find fabulous color kits, markers, and expansions for pastels and watercolor wonder crayons available in the new Idea Book & Catalog. These fabulous new products can help you transition to the new colors. Or if you�re just starting out, these color kits will help you choose the best colors to start your hobby with! Also, there will be a new Color Coach coming to help make choosing your colors more fun and easier than ever! Watch for more details on these exciting new products in the weeks to come!
Hope that helps you
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_BethView Post
This thread cracks me up because it's true; people do get upset because there are sneak peeks. But I think the sneak peeks are great because it generates excitement and excitement has to equal sales for SU! I'm a complete SU! fan. I have a couple of stamps from other companies but SU! is by far my favorite for stamps, ink, paper, ribbon, etc. I've never had a bad experience with SU! or a demonstrator. I've completely enjoyed it all!

I am most looking forward to the color renovations in the new catty. I am a complete color person and I love "in" colors, more so than having a favorite color I always use. I can't wait to get new cardstock and ink in these fabulous new choices!

Anyways, just my two stampin' cents and my personal experience with SU!
Princess_Beth.... you made me smile :-) I hope you will like the new sneak peeks.. but they really are just a little peek. There are some amazing things in the new catty and I am loving... and I mean, truly loving the new colors.
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #92  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Glad you have had a positive experience! And Cinnestew, I think she was just sating this fact, that she's happy with SU. I wish as stampers, because that's what we all are, we could all get along and not bash someone for simply stating their experience or love for a company, whatever company! I've said it before and I'll say it again, had a CTMH demo got to me before the SU one, I'm pretty sure I'd be all CTMH, KWIM?

And for those who have mentioned that it's "bad" to limit to one company or that we are snobby if we are SU only, I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't speak for others but please don't feel that I'm "excluding" other stamps or I'm a snob or I'm missing out on something and I was SUO long before becoming a demo. I'm NOT! The reason I go with only SU is because I don't do well with a lot of choices for one. I'd have way more stuff than I'd know what to do with if I bought from lots of places and I did. I am SO much more creative and USE more of my stuff now and am totally HAPPY. I also love to shop....so much that I could probably have a problem if I got carried away with it...SO that's another reasons I go SUO. I know what works for you is your thing and I'm totally cool with that, I KNOW there are a ton of other great companies out there, please have the same respect for those of us who are SUO (or whatever company you choose).

For those of you unhappy with your demo (who may quite possibly just be following the rules as she understands them) find a new one, one who better suits your needs. That's the great thing, you can shop around!
Whoa there... I never bashed anyone or anything. You may want to re-read YOUR post because it appears to me that you are doing some bashing there yourself. :confused:

As far as being a snob (your words, not mine) I have never insinuated that either. I started out SU only and got bored really fast... when I started looking around at other companies a whole new world opened up. If you can push SU to everyone (which is you job as a Demo) why is it considered bashing if I talk about other companies? I wish I had known about these other companies sooner! I am just sharing my experiences so others can find out about those companies.

As far as respect for SUO people... that street runs two ways. Sorry but my respect has to be earned... it is not automatically given. There are many SUO people I respect and admire. They know who they are.

For the record, I have no problems with my Demo... I am just bored with SU products. Maybe the new catty will have some more bold, exciting products. So far what I have seen in the highly contested sneak peeks has not impressed me but I will definitely check out the new catty in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #93  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Just so you know, if you like the craft (and I think classic too) ink spots there is NOT a new color kit for those. If you want new colors in spots you have to order the full color family sets. I sure hope they decide to make a new color kit because there's no way I'm buying all those spots again.

So I understand!! I feel the same!! I bought all of the spots, and there is now way I'm going to re purchase all of the new colour families.

All this talk of spots makes me think of a teen with acne .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #94  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a quick reminder to stay on topic.

We're talking stamps, paper and ink. We ALL like stamps paper and ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
Thanks for sharing the links - although I found nothing that excited me - - I sure hope the rest of the catty is more exciting........I wish it was out now - I am impatiently waiting to see it!

I thought a couple of things in the sneak peek were "ok"...nothing amazing.

Then I got the catalog. Better than last year's by FAR in my opinion. Lots of variety. It seemed to stick with both their "style" AND what is going on elsewhere in the stamping world all at once. I was impressed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I was happy with one set in particular...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #97  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

The sneak peaks look just like everything I have already (the "Because I Care" Hydrangea stamp is exactly the same as the old Hydrangea stamp I have from Stampin Up). Very cute----but the same.

I hope they have some variety for the "seasoned stampers" who have been with them awhile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Just so you know, if you like the craft (and I think classic too) ink spots there is NOT a new color kit for those. If you want new colors in spots you have to order the full color family sets. I sure hope they decide to make a new color kit because there's no way I'm buying all those spots again.
No way! I thought last time they did it the color renovation thing they offered spots to fill in?

If anyone knows this for sure can they post it here, I am interseted in the classic spots. I will probably have to be ordering some blank ink spots and reinkers if that is the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
I was happy with one set in particular...
Woo hoo! I can't wait to see. I'm more excited about the catty now than ever...thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #100  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
That is a little bit like saying if everyone jumped off a cliff, you would too.
Is the new catty at the bottom of the cliff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
Is the new catty at the bottom of the cliff?
ROFL Nancy.. that was very funny :-) Pleased I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read your post.
Jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #102  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't ever have to wait for your demo to deliver you something -- you can have everything shipped directly to your home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #103  

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirlisbackView Post
You don't ever have to wait for your demo to deliver you something -- you can have everything shipped directly to your home.
Just a little tid bit here: as part of a workshop it can't be sent direct to you, it has to go to the demo or the hostess. Regular orders CAN be sent directly to you! Now, some demos don't like to do that because they like to make sure everything is ok with your order. Occasionally, things will be missing or damaged in shipping (say like packs of paper) so SOME demos like to make sure everything checks out and then usually like to decorate the bag or make a card to include or something (I like to do this and I know my old demo was the same)!

For me, I'll do which ever the customer wants but I do know that's the reason some don't ship directly to you. They feel it's better customer service. You should not have to wait more than a day though I feel to get your stuff after she gets it! I could see if maybe there was an emergency or vacation but everyday stuff no way you should wait that long! I have a wacky job with crazy hours but I'll do whatever I can to get the goods to the peeps!!!! Just an FYI:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #104  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right, just wanted the person to know there was a ship to home option. Thx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I do not have the time, opportunity, or desire to attend SU workshops. Now that online ordering is an option, that's the only way I roll!!

I'm happy! My demo is happy! Works for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #106  

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirlisbackView Post
Right, just wanted the person to know there was a ship to home option. Thx
Was just clarifying! I know I didn't know that when I was a customer!!!!:p

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #107  
Compulsive Stamper

Question any new masculine stamps??

I really need some more manly stamps. I live in a house full of men and am very limited on what I can make for them!!
BJM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
FYI, go to the forum you're interested in starting a thread (like Announcements, General Stamping Talk, etc.). On the left side right above the "Threads in Forum" is a little button that says New Thread. You click on that, and away you go!
Thank You!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplewinkleView Post
Great story, but you left us hanging. Was it ever determined who was cutest? I mean like did you do the survey at recess or something?

LOL!!! We just agreed to disagree.

I don't want to do it or anything, I'm just curious. Is the nutrisystem food any good? Like on a scale from 1-10.

On Topic: Is SU going to sell that stuff you put on the back of wooden stamps when you don't want to mount them on the wood? I can't remember what it's called. And what are all of you doing with the little wood blocks if you don't use them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #110  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

LOL!!! We just agreed to disagree.

I don't want to do it or anything, I'm just curious. Is the nutrisystem food any good? Like on a scale from 1-10.

On Topic: Is SU going to sell that stuff you put on the back of wooden stamps when you don't want to mount them on the wood? I can't remember what it's called. And what are all of you doing with the little wood blocks if you don't use them?
All NEW stamp sets will be offered in Wood Mount OR Clear Mount option. I have been ordering all my new stamps in the clear mount option, which I am loving. All returning sets are still only wood mount option (except for 4 returning sets, I think which are in clear and wood mount options). So no, there is no cling foam being offered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #111  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJMarhefkaView Post
I really need some more manly stamps. I live in a house full of men and am very limited on what I can make for them!!
BJM
I feel like there are a few "realistic style" drawn sets that are catering more to men or nature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love sneek peek time. I love it when someone eventually leaks the whole catty too. I've not even seen one of those, "Oh look at the mess on my desk" photos that happens to have the new catty sitting right on it!

I'm torn this year. Do I search up sneeks and try to see the new catty online early or do I hide my head in the sand and have it all be fresh and new when it gets in my hot little hands?

I do like that longfellows whale. That's all that has really got me in the gut so far, but like I said I'm trying not to really look!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #113  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

As of right now, they have no plans to offer a new color kit in the spots (I'm a demo and this is straight from demo support). I hope they change their mind-it has happened before if enough people request something. I do not plan to buy blank spots and reinkers-the inkers alone, for the craft ink, would be almost $50 retail.
That really upsets me. I don't use a ton of colored ink, so I prefer to have the spots rather than waste a bunch of money on full sized pads I will rarely use. Stampin' Up made declarations about how they would take care of their customers so they could fill in their collections with the new colors, but clearly that isn't the case. I shouldn't have to replace my perfectly good spots with the new color collections and have a whole bunch of duplicates. If I can't have the new colors in spots without buying the entire color collection, I don't think that I will be buying the paper either.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Oh, I sooooo agree!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I like your thinking!!!

I remember when I thought messy desk pictures were just pictures of messy desks, LOL!!!

Today I really feel like flipping through the new catalog . . . :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see. I'm more excited about the catty now than ever...thanks!
A little note for you all -- if you have not seen Ms. LeisaJane's gallery, I suggest you pop on over there. She does amazing work.

I'll make it easier for you:

LeisaJane's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

LeisaJane has an amazing gallery...Wow...she does beautiful work...! Thanks for the link!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #118  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I love sneek peek time. I love it when someone eventually leaks the whole catty too. I've not even seen one of those, "Oh look at the mess on my desk" photos that happens to have the new catty sitting right on it!

I'm torn this year. Do I search up sneeks and try to see the new catty online early or do I hide my head in the sand and have it all be fresh and new when it gets in my hot little hands?

I do like that longfellows whale. That's all that has really got me in the gut so far, but like I said I'm trying not to really look!
SCS chose to prohibit messy desk photos this year because of copyright concerns.
There isn't an online version of the catty, not even for demos. There are demos who haven't seen it yet either.

But it's lovely.
Nice accessories.
Lovely ribbon.
Cute new sets.
Baby sets. Baby wheel.
DSP.

I'm happy. I think you will be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
SCS chose to prohibit messy desk photos this year because of copyright concerns.
There isn't an online version of the catty, not even for demos. There are demos who haven't seen it yet either.

But it's lovely.
Nice accessories.
Lovely ribbon.
Cute new sets.
Baby sets. Baby wheel.
DSP.

I'm happy. I think you will be.
You know i love babies right now!

I figure if I wait long enough one of the 800 blogs I read will break down and do a messy desk! haha.

If not then my other half will be happy and it will be a suprise for me when it comes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #120  
Glitter Guru

Nobody has a link yet!!! Killin' me!!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes