Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #321  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
Here is the list of what you get in the starter kit:

STAMPIN� MEMORIES ADD-ON (Optional)$50 plus tax
Kit Contents Description
Linen Post Album w/ Page Protectors 1 (6" x 6" Linen Post Brag Book Natural OR 6" x 6" brag
book of your choice, $19.95 or less)
Assorted Color Card Stock[/B] 1 (12" x 12" Bold Brights OR color family of your choice)
Alphabet Stamp Set 1 (Best Friends Upper OR alphabet set of
your choice, $27.95 or less)
Simply Scrappin�� 1 (Confetti OR Simply Scrappin� kit of your choice)
Craft Stampin� Pad� 1 (Whisper White OR Craft Stampin� Pad of your choice)
Stampin� Write� Journaler 1 (Basic Black OR Stampin� Write journaler of your choice)
No it didn't change, I just added this on for $50!
My Etsy Shop!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #322  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZMomView Post
Did the Stampin' Memories kit change?
See the above post. Did it change?
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #323  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Ok, so I sent my paperwork last Wednesday priority mail, and SU! recieved it and sent me my code that day. At midnight (Saturday morning) my shipment was sent out for the kit. It arrived Tuesday, though I wasnt able to get it from the office until yesterday because we were gone all day (talk about agony!!).

So, I had a blast pulling everything out, going through it. :-) I trimmed and placed all my stamps that morning, and I made a bunch of cards. I ordered the In Color ink pads as part of my 6 ink pads, and the packs of In Color paper. Can I just say I LOVE these colors? I wasnt sure if I would like them, but I dont think I can live without them now. I may have to stock up on the paper and refill ink before they retire. :-)

I also think the versamark pad is pretty cool! I didnt know what to do with this, but my upline was giving me suggestions today. Plus I ordered through stamp club a personalized copyright stamp, so I have been stamping the back of cards today with it. :-)

Anyways, really excited about everything, and I cant wait until my openhouse and my first order (I have to wait a month! Ugh). Luckily, my upline is letting me order a set from the new mini catalog for my openhouse at the regular demo discount, so that was very nice of her (that way I can save my 30%).

Ok, enough babbling. Yay SU!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #324  
Inking Addict

Default Silly Question

Hi - First of all I want to THANK all the demos for their info on this thread! It has really helped me make my decision to sign up....so a big thank you! OK now my silly question. My upline will be my sister (she is a "hobby" demo)-I got my paperwork from her to fill out and it is kinda old (dated Rev. 4/05) . The starter kit order form is also from 2 years ago. Example - on the 6 ink pads you get to pick, it still shows basic black as a required item. Do you think this matters or do I just fill in with the info that I know is on the current papers? Does my question make sense?
Thanks again for all your help!
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #325  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherbunseyView Post
Hi - First of all I want to THANK all the demos for their info on this thread! It has really helped me make my decision to sign up....so a big thank you! OK now my silly question. My upline will be my sister (she is a "hobby" demo)-I got my paperwork from her to fill out and it is kinda old (dated Rev. 4/05) . The starter kit order form is also from 2 years ago. Example - on the 6 ink pads you get to pick, it still shows basic black as a required item. Do you think this matters or do I just fill in with the info that I know is on the current papers? Does my question make sense?
Thanks again for all your help!
Heather
Glad you are becoming a demo. I suggest getting new paperwork. Your sister can download a new copy off the website. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #326  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvinstampinView Post
Glad you are becoming a demo. I suggest getting new paperwork. Your sister can download a new copy off the website. Hope that helps.
I will ask her to download new paperwork!
You guys are all so helpful - THANK YOU!
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #327  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
Ok, so I sent my paperwork last Wednesday priority mail, and SU! recieved it and sent me my code that day. At midnight (Saturday morning) my shipment was sent out for the kit. It arrived Tuesday, though I wasnt able to get it from the office until yesterday because we were gone all day (talk about agony!!).

So, I had a blast pulling everything out, going through it. :-) I trimmed and placed all my stamps that morning, and I made a bunch of cards. I ordered the In Color ink pads as part of my 6 ink pads, and the packs of In Color paper. Can I just say I LOVE these colors? I wasnt sure if I would like them, but I dont think I can live without them now. I may have to stock up on the paper and refill ink before they retire. :-)

I also think the versamark pad is pretty cool! I didnt know what to do with this, but my upline was giving me suggestions today. Plus I ordered through stamp club a personalized copyright stamp, so I have been stamping the back of cards today with it. :-)

Anyways, really excited about everything, and I cant wait until my openhouse and my first order (I have to wait a month! Ugh). Luckily, my upline is letting me order a set from the new mini catalog for my openhouse at the regular demo discount, so that was very nice of her (that way I can save my 30%).

Amy
Now remember, you CAN place an order BEFORE your 30% one. It's your first $150+ order that qualifies. So if you want one set for $25 BEFORE your BIG order, you CAN get it and NOT lose your 30%......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #328  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenrnView Post
I was thinking about this too, as most of my friends are scrapbookers and not card makers. ;)
What about showing them how they can incorporate stamping into their scrapbooking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #329  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Amy
Amy-

Congratulations for getting the kit, so it is FAST (in a week)!!!!
What are you going to do/display in your open house?
Are you going to do a Make N take?
Are you going to offer any special/discount to promt the sale?
I haven't sent in my paper (wait until September), but in my head, I can't stop planing my open house (I don't even know when yet, ha ha ha ;) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #330  

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
Now remember, you CAN place an order BEFORE your 30% one. It's your first $150+ order that qualifies. So if you want one set for $25 BEFORE your BIG order, you CAN get it and NOT lose your 30%......
OH! Ah well, she is already placing an order tonight with her stamp camp (at 20% discount for me). I am not worried about meeting my minimum this time around, so I wont worry about it. She didnt seem to know the answer for sure, I should have called SU! eh? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #331  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sttimemommeyView Post
Amy-

Congratulations for getting the kit, so it is FAST (in a week)!!!!
What are you going to do/display in your open house?
Are you going to do a Make N take?
Are you going to offer any special/discount to promt the sale?
I haven't sent in my paper (wait until September), but in my head, I can't stop planing my open house (I don't even know when yet, ha ha ha ;) )

I definitely plan on a make n take for sure. I am trying to decide what to make for it. Something simple for people that have never done this before. I didnt plan on a promotion or discount, but I will have snacks and such. I still have a month to finalize, so I will keep pondering everything.

Yup, fast for sure! Its crazy that less than 2 weeks ago I have just barely made the decision to sign up. It was all because of this promotion. Crazy eh? My life can change so drastically so quickly! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #332  
Gallery Gazer

Amy,

I'm so glad you're having a good time and like the in-colors. They're awesome in person, aren't they? Make sure you get some of the double stitched ribbon with your 30% off order! It's great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #333  
Matboard Maniac

That's something that I keep on thinking.....I am going to get the in color ink & papers with the kit, but I also want to have ribbons to go with them when I show them at the open house, but I want to take advantage of the 30% discount to order them....what should I do now? Borrow some from my upline (if she lets me)? work without ribbons first (but they look so good as a "set")?
And I have not even sent in my paper, I think I am crazy ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #334  

Quote:

That's something that I keep on thinking.....I am going to get the in color ink & papers with the kit, but I also want to have ribbons to go with them when I show them at the open house, but I want to take advantage of the 30% discount to order them....what should I do now? Borrow some from my upline (if she lets me)? work without ribbons first (but they look so good as a "set")?
And I have not even sent in my paper, I think I am crazy ;)
Only as crazy as I am!

Just a few minutes ago someone was letting me know that if you want a few items, you can still place your order and keep your 30%...the 30% is only for $150 order or bigger. Or yeah, borrow from your upline perhaps?

I was just thinking about the fact that I hadnt even thought about what kind of displays to show at my open house! I may have to employ my upline in help on this. :-)

I did not order the river rock with the in colors. I got a different color that I wanted, but now I am wishing I had that one as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #335  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I was wondering about this....so there is no minimum order? If I have a customer who wants $25 worth of stuff, I can order it by itself? I was afraid there might be a minimum purchase amount to even place an order. I know other direct sales companies have a minimum purchase amount. Thanks! I also really appreciate all the great info from the ladies on this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #336  

I was thinking it was awesome that I can talk and talk and talk about how excited I am about this and none of you are going to get sick of hearing it. My friends dont share my enthusiasm. One of them goes to stamp club with me, but I think she is even sick of hearing me yap on about it. hee hee. Glad to know I am not the only excited one in the world about this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #337  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I was thinking it was awesome that I can talk and talk and talk about how excited I am about this and none of you are going to get sick of hearing it. My friends dont share my enthusiasm. One of them goes to stamp club with me, but I think she is even sick of hearing me yap on about it. hee hee. Glad to know I am not the only excited one in the world about this.
I'm definitely sharing your enthusiasm! I only wish I had already gotten my starter kit in like you have. I'm participating in a card workshop type of thing Saturday, and I really, really wish I had my new stuff. I also LOVE the in-colors. I think Wild Wasabi is one of the best colors I've ever seen next to my all-time favorite Green Galore. I actually came across someone who was having a ribbon share for the In-Colors, and I ordered two shares. This is a good idea to consider if you don't want to spend $54 (minus your discount) on all that ribbon. You might have some customers or others who would be willing to share the cost if you split the ribbon. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #338  

Good idea on the ribbon splitting. I just split a bunch of different sized envelopes with a friend so we didnt have to spend so much to get different ones...so, why not ribbon, hmm?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #339  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I am definitely living vicariously through you (and some others) since I can't sign up right now. :(

So keep on yapping. I'm listening!! LOL! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #340  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good idea on the ribbon splitting. I just split a bunch of different sized envelopes with a friend so we didnt have to spend so much to get different ones...so, why not ribbon, hmm?
Check out the increasing your sales forum on the demo side -- there is a whole thread about ribbon clubs :-). No need to reinvent the wheel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #341  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
Check out the increasing your sales forum on the demo side -- there is a whole thread about ribbon clubs :-). No need to reinvent the wheel!
Will do! I havent explored a lot of the demo side forums yet....suppose i should a little more. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #342  

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycrunchymamaView Post
I am definitely living vicariously through you (and some others) since I can't sign up right now. :(

So keep on yapping. I'm listening!! LOL! :mrgreen:
Too bad timing is bad for you. But I can yap and yap for you if you like. :-D I am good at chatting away the hours. hee hee.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #343  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie_mkyView Post
What about showing them how they can incorporate stamping into their scrapbooking?
My plan is to have a class in October for $30, they will give me a $20 deposit beforehand so I can order the simply scrappin kits, and they will come and make 4 scrapbook layouts and a card. I will tell them beforehand how many pics to bring (how many 4x6, 5x7...color or black and white...) and then they can come and make the layouts I have planned. I took a class like this at my LSS once and I loved it!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #344  
Crimping Master

PS -- did you hear about the September special?

Stampin' Up! just announced the special for September. When you spend $30 on regular priced merchandise, you can purchase six of this fall's hottest stamp sets at 30 percent off!

105355 page 26 Bitty Boos Too $12.57
109284 page 29 Haunting Halloween $13.27
107383 page 30 Thoroughly Thankful $16.07
109373 page 108 Autumn Fest $16.77
109421 page 91 Elementary Essentials $19.57
110366 page 17 Stem Silhouettes** $22.37
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 PM   #345  

Oh, thanks for sharing about the September special, Jen! :-) I will have to look and see if the stamp sets are something I want. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #346  
Crimping Master

The only one I can say that I *really* want out of these sets is Stem Silhouettes (which is in the mini).

Does that mean that demonstrators get it for 20% off the already discounted price of $22? (Which would be 17.89)
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #347  

Yeah, I looked at all of those sets and I really only like the stem silhouttes. So, dont think I will be participating in this promotion....I have a friend that likes the stem silhouttes however. She may jump on this opportunity...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #348  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

And that also gives you the credit for the sale. But remember that an order under ~$40 will incur a $3.95 shipping charge. (I know I'd be buying two sets in that case.:twisted

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #349  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenrnView Post
The only one I can say that I *really* want out of these sets is Stem Silhouettes (which is in the mini).

Does that mean that demonstrators get it for 20% off the already discounted price of $22? (Which would be 17.89)
YES! Isn't that great?!? We get the $30 required purchased for a discount (so $24) AND the special sets for a discount!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 AM   #350  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljanejView Post
I was wondering about this....so there is no minimum order? If I have a customer who wants $25 worth of stuff, I can order it by itself? I was afraid there might be a minimum purchase amount to even place an order. I know other direct sales companies have a minimum purchase amount. Thanks! I also really appreciate all the great info from the ladies on this thread.
Nope -- there's no minimum order. If yo uwant you can just order one marker or just the adhesive eraser. Of course, the minimum shipping charge is $3.95, so most times you'll want to make sure that your order is at least $39.50 (so that shipping is only 10% of the cost) but in an emergency you can order less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #351  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
And that also gives you the credit for the sale. But remember that an order under ~$40 will incur a $3.95 shipping charge. (I know I'd be buying two sets in that case.:twisted
So how much shipping for more than $40? 10% of the price?
:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #352  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, shipping is 10% of the total, with a minimum shipping charge of $3.95.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #353  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

YES! Isn't that great?!? We get the $30 required purchased for a discount (so $24) AND the special sets for a discount!
Yes, that's the BEST deal
So excited that I decided:p to sign up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #354  
Crimping Master

Default September special!!!

Can somebody hold my hand and help me find the September special????

I went on the web site and didnt see it :confused:

I cant wait for my goodies to arrive. The tracking info says it will be delivered on Monday!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #355  
Crimping Master

Oh silly me :rolleyes:
I found it, right there where it says: Fall Frenzy Promotion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie 50View Post
Can somebody hold my hand and help me find the September special????

I went on the web site and didnt see it :confused:

I cant wait for my goodies to arrive. The tracking info says it will be delivered on Monday!!!
It won't be available to see on the Customer SU! website until September 1st. It's on the Demo side under "Current Updates" look for Fall Frenzy.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 AM   #357  
Glitter Guru

So excited about the Sept special! Fall Fest has been on my list and I have several ideas for it! I might have to sign up sooner than I planned. This is all killing me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #358  
Crimping Master

I think the Halloween set that I want the most is "Batty For You". Which isn't included in the special, but I think I'll get it anyway!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #359  
Matboard Maniac

For such a great deal (september special), am I allow to order two of the same sets? :confused: I know my SIL will love to have Stem Silhouettes, and I will like to have one as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #360  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

For such a great deal (september special), am I allow to order two of the same sets? :confused: I know my SIL will love to have Stem Silhouettes, and I will like to have one as well.
In order to get two of the same set, you would have to spend $60 ... $30 gets you one of each set, the next $30 gets you another of each set.
Reply With Quote Likes