Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #641  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome ladies!
Best wishes with your business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #642  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got ahold of an upline I did my workshop with and he is signing me up tomorrow. So soon I will be offical too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
Don't sell yourself short, Sarah. You really do not have to be an expert stamper before you start doing parties. I felt the same way you do, but what I found is that most of the guests at my parties never tried stamping, so if I tried to teach them intricate techniques that I was really excited about they would be overwhelmed. Since I became a demonstrator last June my party cards have gotten more and more simple and my party totals have gone up, which just goes to show that all you need is just a little bit more stamping knowledge than your audience and it sounds like you're already there! I'd encourage you to try the business right away instead of waiting. If you don't like it you can always scale back, but you may find yourself loving it and, if so, you might as well find that out right from the beginning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #643  
Gallery Gazer

Congrats to everyone who just sent in their paperwork and welcome to the SU family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #644  
Polyshrink Goddess

Does my application have to be there by Friday, or just postmarked by the 30th? I'm trying to decide how to send this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #645  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZMomView Post
Does my application have to be there by Friday, or just postmarked by the 30th? I'm trying to decide how to send this.
The application has to be in the Stampin' Up! offices on Friday. At this point, I would recommend overnighting the application just to be sure. Since the official address is a P.O. Bo you can usually send an overnight delivery via the USPS. However, be careful because there are some offices where the USPS will not guarantee next day delivery, so just to be sure I would send the application today. If this cannot be done then you or your upline may want to call Stampin' Up! to get another addrss that you can use for overnight delivery via Fed Ex or another carrier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #646  
Polyshrink Goddess

My kit came in yesterday!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have much time to play last night, but I did stay up till midnight.

I have an S-10 meeting tonight -- so I won't get to play much tonight either....

But look out Friday night.....

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #647  
Rubber Obsessor

My kit will be here today!! No plans for tonight so I'm unpacking and playing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #648  
Kookie Creator

Default I did it!!!

I have been stalking this thread like crazy for a month. It's been so much fun sharing in everyone's excitement. I've clapped for each of you as you took the plunge... laughed when some of you almost wet your pants waiting for the email or Mr. Brown. Well, now it's my turn! I listed and relisted over and over what sets I wanted (thanks for all the advice) and filled out my paperwork and sent it in at the beginning of the week. I tracked that envelope from the second it went out my door! Now I'm not - so - patiently waiting for my email. I'm very excited about becoming a demo for a lot of reasons, but I have to admit one of them is so I can book it on over to the demo side... because you know what? I've missed y'all! I'm missing all the enthusiasm and excitement that started this thread!

So thanks for asking all the questions I wanted to ask.. And Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! for all the answers to all the questions! And I can't wait to see what's going down on the demo side of town!

p.s. I just love SCS and SCSers! Can ya tell?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #649  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree, I miss the enthusiasm from the start of this thread!! I am also not so patiently waiting for my email, I really really hope to get it today, my upline confirmed my paperwork was in Calgary it just need to be faxed to the US. Hope I get to join demo side soon!!!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #650  

It's been a fun thread - and great to see so many of you sign up as demos! I truly enjoy what I do, and the friends that I've made!

Although there are lots of interesting and informative posts on the "demo side", it's important to keep active over here - there is a lot of information on ALL of SCS.

And someday, when you walk across the stage at Convention, we'll say "I remember when she signed up!!!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #651  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
It's been a fun thread - and great to see so many of you sign up as demos! I truly enjoy what I do, and the friends that I've made!

Although there are lots of interesting and informative posts on the "demo side", it's important to keep active over here - there is a lot of information on ALL of SCS.

And someday, when you walk across the stage at Convention, we'll say "I remember when she signed up!!!"
It's my turn to echo what Gail said -- as fun as it is to hang out on the demo side, it's fun here in the general forum too! And some day (maybe during the next recruiting promotion) you may be helping the next batch of demos by answering their questions!

In the meantime, enjoy your new goodies and good luck with the business, and don't let go of the excitement and positive energy you're feeling right now. A great attitude is the key to success in any enterprise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #652  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stupid question. There's a demo side? Where?
I sent my paperwork in late last Sat an on Wed I had an email giving me my demo # and password. I am feeling a little buyers’ remorse. But that's just 'cuz it's the fear of the unknown, I'm not the kind that does well with change and this is a change--just hope I can get some ladies interested in this. Don’t want my husband to say "told ya so" because he would.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #653  

I was just pondering this thread, and thinking about the fact that I would not be a demo right now if this thread had not inspired and pumped me up! Seriously, I am so excited that I decided to become a demo. Even if it was only for the great deal and to get the discount for a while, it was worth it to me. I can't get enough of SU! and stamping. Its what I think about most of the time now, obsess much? I think so. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #654  

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhayes1View Post
Stupid question. There's a demo side? Where?
I sent my paperwork in late last Sat an on Wed I had an email giving me my demo # and password. I am feeling a little buyers� remorse. But that's just 'cuz it's the fear of the unknown, I'm not the kind that does well with change and this is a change--just hope I can get some ladies interested in this. Don�t want my husband to say "told ya so" because he would.
You have to apply for membership to the Demos Only forums ... In your User Control Panel, there is a link for group memberships - click on Demos Only ... you'll get a PM with further instructions ...

It can be a bit scary, but it's also a wonderful ride (kind of like I feel about rollercoasters!! :rolleyes:

To get started, read some of the training material on the SU! website - it's there to help you. When your kit arrives, watch the DVD. And talk to your upline - she should be able to provide you with some moral support!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #655  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
I was just pondering this thread, and thinking about the fact that I would not be a demo right now if this thread had not inspired and pumped me up! Seriously, I am so excited that I decided to become a demo. Even if it was only for the great deal and to get the discount for a while, it was worth it to me. I can't get enough of SU! and stamping. Its what I think about most of the time now, obsess much? I think so. :-)

Amy, it's so fun to "hear" your excitement. Isn't it crazy how a little seemingly insignificant thing, like reading this thread, can have such a huge impact in your life? In my senior year in high school when I was getting brochures from every college on earth, one picture of a tower caught my eye. Not to be overly dramatic, but that picture made me apply to the school and that decision really changed the course of my life forever. Maybe joining SU won't be quite so life-altering for you, but I know it definitely has had a positive impact in my life. I love the people I've met through stamping and I love being a demo. I really hope and wish that you and everyone else who joined us during this special have a similar experience! Woo Hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #656  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I really don't know much about this--User Control Panel, that's where? sometimes I am afraid to click on something in fear I may dump the computer (as I have done in the past)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #657  

Quote:

Ok, I really don't know much about this--User Control Panel, that's where? sometimes I am afraid to click on something in fear I may dump the computer (as I have done in the past)
Right above the forums and threads and such, on the right side of the screen, you'll see "Quick Links" ..., click on it, then move your mouse to User Control Panel and click. Once the page loads, there will be a list on the left side ... near the bottom is "Group Memberships" ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #658  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh!, yeh I had gone there (not thinking about that being the control panel) I did request to sign up, but it still just shows that I have requested to join, I guess I'll get notification some how.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #659  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
Same goes for me, too. In fact, I wouldn't have even known about the demo promotion if it hadn't been for this thread! My demo didn't tell me -- I contacted her about signing on after following this thread for a few days! I've turned in my first workshop order (which included my own BIG order!) and am planning my first class in a few weeks. I'm having a blast and owe it all to YOU! Thanks a bunch, you all!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #660  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Oh!, yeh I had gone there (not thinking about that being the control panel) I did request to sign up, but it still just shows that I have requested to join, I guess I'll get notification some how.
I've been waiting since Thursday and I resent the verification info today. Does anyone know if it usually takes this long?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #661  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocelyn1224View Post
I've been waiting since Thursday and I resent the verification info today. Does anyone know if it usually takes this long?
It is a manual process - the person who does approvals for the group (don't remember who it is right now), has to check their email, look at your email, then manually do the techy thing to give you access. Not difficult - but there are a lot of new demos lately, so they may be overwhelmed. Give it a week, then contact one of the mods here - they're pretty nice people (usually) ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #662  
Glitter Guru

Thanks Gail! I just didn't know what was normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #663  
Compulsive Stamper

Default SU demonstrator

I signed up in Sept. and got in on the free stamp pads. I am so excited because my sister is flying here to help me get started. She has sold for five years now. I am having an open house with lots of free things, food and make and takes. I hope people come!

Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #664  
Stazon Splitcoast

good luck Eileen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #665  
Kookie Creator

Good Luck Eileen! I hope it goes well for you. What a super sweet sister! Please let us know how it goes, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #666  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Still waiting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #667  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Still waiting.
It took a couple weeks if I remember correctly...just keep in mind how many new demos are requesting entry to the demo side and that it's one person doing all the work.....she's probably swamped in emails.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #668  
Glitter Guru

A couple of weeks? I've talked to people who said they were in in a matter of hours. September was a big month though, they really must be swamped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #669  
Matboard Maniac

It took me abut a week to get into the demo site, but worth waiting.
Yes, I bet she is extremely busy with all the e-mail requests.
Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2007, 06:47 AM   #670  
Kookie Creator

My starter kit is out for delivery woohoo! I'm so excited! My sister is visiting from out of state - well really from a 6 month deployment. Would it be rude to expect her to watch the getting started video with me? Heehee, just kidding. She's visiting friends today so I know what I'm doing!
I'm 7 days in since I applied for the demo side, but that's ok. I know she's got to be busy with all of us knocking on the door wanting in. I've just been checking out the SU site and making stuff for my open house. For me SCS is like candy.. it's a treat to come on here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #671  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Still waiting.
You're not along in the wait line. I put mine in 6 days ago. I'm guessing they're swamped with new demos. So while I wait, I've been reading and searching on the SU! site. Can't wait to get to the SCS demo side for more fun stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #672  
Gallery Gazer

The demo side here is fantastic, but there are a lot of great resources on the SU demo site as well, so just look at this as an opportunity to explore that site really well before you jump in here. Honestly, having access to both right from the start can be more than a little overwhelming, and you want to take some time to develop and grow your business, too! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #673  
Stazon Splitcoast

I spoke with DS on Monday and they indicated that they had 300 new demo applicates to get processed! YIKES!!!! Hope someone is working in the shipping department...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #674  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm in! Yay! I am able to visit the demo side of SCS now! (I waited about 2 weeks, but I think my first email didn't go through, I was having email issues, and the 2nd one I sent was just about a week ago). Those of you still waiting, be patient..it will come:mrgreen:

I'm bummed because I have plans today and don't think I will be able to look around...there is so much to see!:eek:

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #675  
Glitter Guru

Me too, Crissy...thanks Jessica! I'm in Heaven, but I do have some cleaning up to do around here for a Tupperware party I'm having at 2:00. Otherwise I'd waste away in front of the computer today and let Hubby and my son have some male bonding time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #676  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in too. Thank you Jessica!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes