Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #561  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenrnView Post
OK....I finally got my starter kit! (well, last Tuesday...) I have been so busy I forgot to update you guys!

And... I had my first workshop last night and I think it was a success! We sold about $200 and my hostess is going to take the catalog to work today to get some more orders for people who couldn't be there. Hopefully I will hit the $300 mark!

My upline was there and did most of it which I'm so glad for -- she's a ton of help! Also, I'm going to add my own $200 order to the workshop, so that will give my hostess more benefits and I still get the 30% off. Woohoo!
Yay Jen! Congrats. Wow, you had your first workshop fast. :-) My Open House is this Saturday (of course, I scheduled it 4 weeks ahead, so I had to wait forever). I am nervous, but I am sure it will be good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #562  
Glitter Guru

Quick question for those of you who've had your first event or planning your first event. Are you offering any specials in addition to the ones offered by SU. I was kind of thinking of offering free s/h off orders over $40.

I know there are lots of ideas on the demo side on how to build your business, but I haven't been approved yet and want to get the word out about my event on the 20th.

TIA

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #563  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
Yay Jen! Congrats. Wow, you had your first workshop fast. :-) My Open House is this Saturday (of course, I scheduled it 4 weeks ahead, so I had to wait forever). I am nervous, but I am sure it will be good.
Good luck!

I was really lucky with this first one that I hosted for a friend, she's a CM consultant so she has lots of friends that are already into scrapping.

Now I'm just waiting for the extra order forms from her so I can close the show! (I'm impatient because I'm also putting an order in with hers....)

And I want my goodies!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #564  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Quick question for those of you who've had your first event or planning your first event. Are you offering any specials in addition to the ones offered by SU. I was kind of thinking of offering free s/h off orders over $40.

I know there are lots of ideas on the demo side on how to build your business, but I haven't been approved yet and want to get the word out about my event on the 20th.
I'm wondering the same myself! I thought maybe I'd give them the fall-winter collection catalog if they've spent "x" amount of money.

In any case, I've been stalking this thread, and haven't said much, but I've been busy meeting w/ my upline-to-be & getting my business license taken care of (finally today!) - so, I'm gonna finally submit the paperwork this week! just gotta finalize my starter kit list! I'm so excited - I can scarcely believe this is really & truly gonna happen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #565  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky.kwanView Post
I'm wondering the same myself! I thought maybe I'd give them the fall-winter collection catalog if they've spent "x" amount of money.

In any case, I've been stalking this thread, and haven't said much, but I've been busy meeting w/ my upline-to-be & getting my business license taken care of (finally today!) - so, I'm gonna finally submit the paperwork this week! just gotta finalize my starter kit list! I'm so excited - I can scarcely believe this is really & truly gonna happen!
Good for you! I am busy planning my first class for World Card Making Day on October 6th.
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #566  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky.kwanView Post

Congratulations Becky! You're going to have a blast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #567  

Quote:

TIA

Paula

I hadnt planned on any sort of promotion (discount off, etc), however I was thinking of offering the 20% off the simply sent kits at my open house this Saturday to entice people to get one....since they would normally have to wait to get it in October at that price. I wasnt sure what else beyond that, I dont feel organized at all for this! :(

Back to work for me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #568  
Kookie Creator

Alrighty, thanks for all the encouragement! I've got my Starter kit form filled out & ready in an envelope! My time is coming soon! Can't wait to meet all the demos on the demo "side" of the forums!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #569  
Matboard Maniac

Do I have to mail the demo form and the starter kit in two different envelops? I mailed tham in the same one yesterday......:confused: .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #570  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sttimemommeyView Post
Do I have to mail the demo form and the starter kit in two different envelops? I mailed tham in the same one yesterday......:confused: .
You did the right thing ... they go in together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #571  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi,

I am not offering a discount at my first workshop/open house. I will however offer an incentive/bonus to anyone who books a workshop and has qualifying sales. I think the incentive will be a pack of paper or an ink pad in the color of the hostess' choice. I will probably also offer the same incentive to anyone who places an order over $75 (that night). I am not certain I will have much in sales but hope to generate bookings for at least 3 workshops.

Something to consider when offering discounts or incentives....if you offer product that you have to buy then you increase your sales! Whereas a discount may (or may not) tempt customers to spend more. {I learned this on the demo side of SCS - its a great place, you'll love it! And you'll get really, really excited when you log in and see you've been approved! My husband thought I was nuts!}.

Good luck and have lots of fun!

My starter kit should be in my delivered today - yippee!

Gigi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #572  
KBW
Matboard Maniac

I have been stalking this thread ever since it started and I just wanted to say thank you to all of the demos out there who have given such great advice, I am now an official demo! Yahoo!!! And thanks also to all of you "enablers" out there, I just could not resist the temptation! LOL!
My kit will arrive later this week and I am going to have on open house on the 30th! My demo is great and she has been giving me great advice, support, etc., she is wonderful!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #573  
Polyshrink Goddess

PHEW!!!!!! I got my kit today and finished snipping and mounting it all, AND stamped a sheet of each set so I have a personal catty. I had so much fun pulling it all out..now if only my dang contractor would finish my basement so my Scramping room is done.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #574  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by inegoView Post
PHEW!!!!!! I got my kit today and finished snipping and mounting it all, AND stamped a sheet of each set so I have a personal catty. .......
You are still one day ahead of me...arghhhhh! I get my shipment tomorrow. I forsee a long day ahead, fun but long. lol

Egads, it is my dh's day off. He is going to want to spend it with me and I am going to want to play. Wonder if I can send him off somewhere or the other.
hmmm

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #575  
Glitter Guru

Mine came yesterday, but I've been so busy with other craft stuff, I haven't had much time to get it all out and play yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #576  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Another one!

Hi! I've been toying with the idea of becoming a Hobby Demonstrator and after talking to my demonstrator today and reading through this whole thread I think I'm going to do it!! I just wanted to say thanks for all of you for asking your great questions and all of you giving such informative answers!!

:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #577  

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations to you all! Now go register for the demo side of SCS, and we'll see you over there!!! It's incredibly cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #578  
Stampin' Fool

ok i have quite a few questions.

1. Do you have to be 18 to sign up? im tu8ring 18 end of march but would love to sign up now.

2. how do you pay for orders? Does sU withdraw from your account or do you have to use a CC?

3. How can you pay for your kit? do you have to pay with CC or can you use cash/cheque?

4. Im having a party later on this month and IF i decide to order the demo kit can that be counted in with my partys total sales?

i think that is all

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #579  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post
ok i have quite a few questions.

1. Do you have to be 18 to sign up? im tu8ring 18 end of march but would love to sign up now.

2. how do you pay for orders? Does sU withdraw from your account or do you have to use a CC?

3. How can you pay for your kit? do you have to pay with CC or can you use cash/cheque?

4. Im having a party later on this month and IF i decide to order the demo kit can that be counted in with my partys total sales?

i think that is all
1. Yes, you have to be 18, so you will not be able to take advantage of this promotion. (However, I'll answer anyhow, so that you know the answers when you need them in March)
2. You can use a debit from your account or a credit card, your choice.
3. Kit must be paid for by credit card or certified cheque.
4. Demo kit is totally separate from workshop sales. It does not count as sales for anybody - you or your upline (the person who recruits you).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #580  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
1. Yes, you have to be 18, so you will not be able to take advantage of this promotion. (However, I'll answer anyhow, so that you know the answers when you need them in March)
2. You can use a debit from your account or a credit card, your choice.
3. Kit must be paid for by credit card or certified cheque.
4. Demo kit is totally separate from workshop sales. It does not count as sales for anybody - you or your upline (the person who recruits you).
ok thanks for the quick response gail!!

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #581  
Polyshrink Goddess

*Wagging tongue* Nah nah nah nah boo boo.....ROFLMAO!!! BUT you'll probably get to play with yours earlier than mine cause like I said my contractor still needs to finish my space. Tell your husband that you need the day to yourself to relax and send him golfing or something.......LOL!!
:mrgreen: :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyintxView Post
You are still one day ahead of me...arghhhhh! I get my shipment tomorrow. I forsee a long day ahead, fun but long. lol

Egads, it is my dh's day off. He is going to want to spend it with me and I am going to want to play. Wonder if I can send him off somewhere or the other.
hmmm

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #582  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

hmmm

Missy
Missy, I don;t know how you ended up spending the day today, but I just wanted to say that I can't think of e better "couples" activitt than sitting down and watching the "getting started" DVD, sample workshop and all.:twisted: :mrgreen: ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #583  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by inegoView Post
*Wagging tongue* Nah nah nah nah boo boo.....ROFLMAO!!!
:mrgreen: :twisted:
Thanks alot!!! It is now 2:55pm and that twit of a ups man STILL has not arrived. Fed ex made it with my school books so where is that brown man?

This is driving me nuts. And I did not have a long way to go.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #584  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
Missy, I don;t know how you ended up spending the day today, but I just wanted to say that I can't think of e better "couples" activitt than sitting down and watching the "getting started" DVD, sample workshop and all.:twisted: :mrgreen: ;)
Ha...all I am watching is my door. Arghhhhhhh

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #585  
Rubber Obsessor

IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! It took that man till 3:45 to get here.

Wowza, this is alot of stuff. I love the Simply Scrappin Kit. I had never seen one and it is just lovely. I cannot wait to play. I am sorting like a maniac right now.

This is so much fun. And yes, my husband and daughter will watch the getting started video with me even if they dont want to. lol

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #586  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! It took that man till 3:45 to get here.

Wowza, this is alot of stuff. I love the Simply Scrappin Kit. I had never seen one and it is just lovely. I cannot wait to play. I am sorting like a maniac right now.

This is so much fun. And yes, my husband and daughter will watch the getting started video with me even if they dont want to. lol

Missy
Yay -- Have a great time! And you deserve to be a little manic after waiting so long! I have some new goodies waiting for me at home as well tonight, so I can't wait to get home to play! Not as exciting as the starter kit, but new rubber and ribbons and cord -- Oh my! Also, finally, 1.5 years after they went on the original 30% off order wish list (it ended up being something like $2000 so I didn't quite get everything I wanted right away -- LOL!), I'm getting my powder pals! There'll be some heat embossing in the Pappas household tonight and the clean-up will be soooooooo sweet!

Anyway, before I get too carried away, let me just say I feel your joy! congrats again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #587  
Polyshrink Goddess

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Congrats on your new arrival!!! I have another shipment arriving either tomorrow or Friday.......pee my pants excited! I got a bunch of orders together before I even got my starter kit to make the most of the 30% initial order.

I still have to find the time to watch the dvd's....maybe I need to hook up some headphones to my laptop and watch while hubs is watching soccer....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #588  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
Yay -- Have a great time! And you deserve to be a little manic after waiting so long!, I'm getting my powder pals! There'll be some heat embossing in the Pappas household tonight and the clean-up will be soooooooo sweet!
You will LOVE the powder pals. I have a generic one that I have had for years and it makes clean up so nice.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #589  
Glitter Guru

So anyone else having a hard time narrowing down what to teach first? I think I mentioned that I am doing club this month for my demo who just had a baby and I have about 100 techniques I want to show the ladies. How do I get it down to 3!

I laid awake all night last night trying to figure out what I could do with the stamps and CS I already have and what I still need to order for next week! Good thing SU is only located a few miles from my house so UPS can get it here quick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #590  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I did it! I sent in my paperwork today. Can't wait to get my kit!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #591  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got my demo ID number!! No more waiting for me!!! My order is picking, so hopefully it will ship tomorrow. I'm in it for a hobby right now, but I am offering an incentive with my first order... I am hoping to get orders up so I can get the garden silhouettes set. Browsed the SU site tonight and did some practice orders, and that turned out ok... lots of info on there though!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 04:27 AM   #592  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm so jealous of y'all! I've been following this thread since it started and counting the days until I sign up. I'll be doing it Monday night at my hostess club. I am sooooo ready!!! Can't wait to access the demo side of SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #593  
Pearl-ExPert

My paperwork is officially in the mail today! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #594  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

So anyone else having a hard time narrowing down what to teach first? I think I mentioned that I am doing club this month for my demo who just had a baby and I have about 100 techniques I want to show the ladies. How do I get it down to 3!

I laid awake all night last night trying to figure out what I could do with the stamps and CS I already have and what I still need to order for next week! Good thing SU is only located a few miles from my house so UPS can get it here quick.
With Christmas just around the corner, I'm thinking of doing a Christmas Card and maybe a party favor type of thing or making some gift tags for my open house, but I don't know what techniques I will do. I want to keep it fairly simple because I plan to invite people that don't necessarily do this type of thing. It is so hard to narrow it down, isn't it? :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #595  
Kookie Creator

I finally got my starter kit. One box on Wednesday and one box on Thursday. Boy did I have fun planning last night. I made cards for a challenge I am particpating in with my upline and her other downline. Can't want to play some more. Currently I am only planning to do this as a hobby demo and take some orders from a few of my friends who also stamp but getting all that stuff sure was exciting. Now to narrow down my 30% off order to something I can actually afford is the next challenge because I want it all and I want it now.

Thanks for everyone's great questions and answers this thread has been so helpful and I love having access to the demo side of splitcoast and Stampin' up.

I also need to figure out how to upload some of my card to a gallery to share with everyone.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #596  
Gallery Gazer

Hi ladies, Just popping in to say congrats again to all those who received their demo numbers and/or starter kits. Now the fun begins!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #597  
Matboard Maniac

Default I am SU demo!!!

I got my demo number yeaterday, now I am a brand new SU demo:p
I requested to join SCS demo site last night, but have not heard anything back yet ("patiently" waiting:rolleyes: )
According to UPS, I will receive my kit next Thursday, the day that we are going to the beach....now I want to stay home and play my stuff, who cares about the sun & the sand (and possibly the rain?);)
Went to Su demo site, very informative but overwhelmed......
I set up my open house in early October, don't know how much I will be able to sell, but happy to get the discount for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #598  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

I sent my paperwork off today! I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A STAMPIN' UP! DEMO.............and join all of the great demo's here.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #599  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi everybody I have been reading these posts for quite a while and I love the excitement here! I sent my paperwork off on last Saturday and I got my demo# yesterday! Yeah baby! Now I am just waiting on my kit to get started making up my samples and of course waiting to be accepted to the scs demo forum. But I found a lot of great ideas on the su demo board, like the different clubs that can be started. Does anyone on this board have any advice for me?

Lisa
411luvstamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #600  
Glitter Queen

Ok, I thought I'd share my excitement with everyone too! I've been lurking on this thread for some time now and decided to be a demo because of the great deal right now and also the great information that everyone has been sharing! So I got my demo ID number yesterday and my start up kit is on it's way! So I hope to join the demo side of split coast here very soon. Thanks, everyone, for being so excited (like I am) and also to all the demos out there who answer all the questions so well!
Reply With Quote Likes