Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #521  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I mailed my paperwork yesterday morning, then my demo sent me an email and said that she left a number out of her Demo ID number when she filled out her part of my paperwork? Does that mean she won't get credit for me or be able to be my upline? I suggested that she call Demo Support but she didn't sound very hopeful that they would be able to fix that. Any other suggestions?
If her name and address, phone number and e-mai9l are all on there they will absolutely fix a mistake. SU is great about stuff like that. I once forgot to sign the paperwork for one of my downlines and they just called me and asked me to sign the page after they faxed it to me. So they definitely won't keep her from being your upline becasue she skipped a digit.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #522  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok I just got an order confirmation # in one email and a password in another email. Where is my demo number? I tried the order conf. # and it didn't work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #523  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by backpoarchView Post
Ok I just got an order confirmation # in one email and a password in another email. Where is my demo number? I tried the order conf. # and it didn't work.
Call them to get your demo number. The same thing happened to me. They didnt send out the actual demo code till quite a while later that evening. Anyway, call them and they can give you your demo code.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #524  
Rubber Obsessor

thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #525  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
If her name and address, phone number and e-mai9l are all on there they will absolutely fix a mistake. SU is great about stuff like that. I once forgot to sign the paperwork for one of my downlines and they just called me and asked me to sign the page after they faxed it to me. So they definitely won't keep her from being your upline becasue she skipped a digit.
Thanks Diane. I told her that I thought they'd figure it out, but she was worried about it.

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #526  
Glitter Guru

My upline just sent me my Demo Number! But I haven't heard from them yet with my password. If I haven't heard by tomorrow, I am calling demo support for sure!

WOO HOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #527  
Rubber Obsessor

I'd call them. In fact, as soon as my upline gets my number that is what I am going to do. :-D

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #528  
Cardstock Collector

Hi and thanks to all on this thread, it helped me decide to sign up to be a demo myself. But now I have a dilemma and need some advice, pretty quickly. I found a demo kinda in my area to be my upline, her website looked like she had regular events, plus she had a special in addition to the SU! special, she said anyone who signed up under her would get the 12 free inkpads from the current special, plus 12 FREE inkpads from her. She confirmed the 12 FREE inkpads from her in an e-mail. We set up a meeting which included her upline, and all went well. The next thing I knew, I got an e-mail from my potential upline saying that she wanted me to understand, it was 7 free ink pads from her, to complete the family from the 5 ink pads in the starter kit (which are a good deal, but not free).

So, ok, I let bygones be bygones and thought I'd live with the 7 instead of 12. When I got my paperwork all ready to mail, I asked my potential upline when she would order the 7 inkpads. She responded quickly, said she would order them this week, and would have them for me by next weekend. Based on that info, I mailed my paperwork. As soon as I sent her the e-mail telling her I had mailed it, she e-mailed me back that she wouldn't be able to order the pads this week, it sounds like it'll be later this month due to her "funds".

She also wants me to pay $10 to attend her SAS for supplies. This seems kinda high to me.

So here's my question, sorry it took so long to get there. What should I do? I always honor my commitments and want to deal with people who do the same. Should I use the cancellation form and look for another upline? Should I just let it go and hope that someday she'll get around to keeping her commitment and ordering the ink pads? Should I let SU! know about this situation? I know it's her business to run as she wishes but to me, this whole thing just isn't cool. Please give me some opinions, right now I'm afraid to e-mail her because I may just say what I'm thinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #529  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by messycrafterView Post
Hi and thanks to all on this thread, it helped me decide to sign up to be a demo myself. But now I have a dilemma and need some advice, pretty quickly. I found a demo kinda in my area to be my upline, her website looked like she had regular events, plus she had a special in addition to the SU! special, she said anyone who signed up under her would get the 12 free inkpads from the current special, plus 12 FREE inkpads from her. She confirmed the 12 FREE inkpads from her in an e-mail. We set up a meeting which included her upline, and all went well. The next thing I knew, I got an e-mail from my potential upline saying that she wanted me to understand, it was 7 free ink pads from her, to complete the family from the 5 ink pads in the starter kit (which are a good deal, but not free).

So, ok, I let bygones be bygones and thought I'd live with the 7 instead of 12. When I got my paperwork all ready to mail, I asked my potential upline when she would order the 7 inkpads. She responded quickly, said she would order them this week, and would have them for me by next weekend. Based on that info, I mailed my paperwork. As soon as I sent her the e-mail telling her I had mailed it, she e-mailed me back that she wouldn't be able to order the pads this week, it sounds like it'll be later this month due to her "funds".

She also wants me to pay $10 to attend her SAS for supplies. This seems kinda high to me.

So here's my question, sorry it took so long to get there. What should I do? I always honor my commitments and want to deal with people who do the same. Should I use the cancellation form and look for another upline? Should I just let it go and hope that someday she'll get around to keeping her commitment and ordering the ink pads? Should I let SU! know about this situation? I know it's her business to run as she wishes but to me, this whole thing just isn't cool. Please give me some opinions, right now I'm afraid to e-mail her because I may just say what I'm thinking.
I'm new to this whole thing, but I agree with you... signing up to be a demo is a big thing and you want someone you can trust as well as enjoy chatting with and if you are already not wanting to email her that isn't a good thing either...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #530  
Matboard Maniac

That's not cool:(
So sorry to hear that....
I will cancel my order and find another upline. I don't want to have a hard feeling with someone that I suppose to have a fun time & long term relationship with....
I know if you do cancel, that means waiting longer to get the demo number, the starter kit, and waiting is no fun...but I would rather make sure I "trust" this person to do my business with.....
Just my 2 cent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #531  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Most everyone here will tell you the importance of choosing a good upline. That's not always easy to do but I think you have an early warning notice here, so choosing to cancel while you can may be the best option.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #532  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you for your advice! I think I felt the way you did, and just needed to know I wasn't overreacting. You all are a wonderful resource, and that's why I've been reading this thread since it started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 02:24 AM   #533  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you all for your advice! I think I felt the way you did, and just needed to know I wasn't overreacting. You all are a wonderful resource, and that's why I've been reading this thread since it started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 07:11 AM   #534  
Crimping Master

OK....I finally got my starter kit! (well, last Tuesday...) I have been so busy I forgot to update you guys!

And... I had my first workshop last night and I think it was a success! We sold about $200 and my hostess is going to take the catalog to work today to get some more orders for people who couldn't be there. Hopefully I will hit the $300 mark!

My upline was there and did most of it which I'm so glad for -- she's a ton of help! Also, I'm going to add my own $200 order to the workshop, so that will give my hostess more benefits and I still get the 30% off. Woohoo!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #535  
Glitter Guru

Congrats Jen! Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #536  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking I TOOK THE PLUNGE TOO!

I have been stalking this thread for quite a while and the pressure just got to be too much!

I'm relatively new to stamping but have gotten completely hooked and was looking for anyway to get discounts and then here comes this great deal!

I'm enabling my own stamping habit! I signed up yesterday and can't wait for my goodies to come in! I'm sooo excited -- I already emailed all my friends to tell them I'm going to be an SU! demo and a few have already responded!

BTW: I saw several threads about getting $300 in orders in the first quarter which would be ending Dec 31. I understood from my upline that the first quarter requirement was waived as a new demo and that I had until March 31 to get in my $300 order. Would someone confirm this? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #537  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttvp_mamaView Post
I have been stalking this thread for quite a while and the pressure just got to be too much!

I'm relatively new to stamping but have gotten completely hooked and was looking for anyway to get discounts and then here comes this great deal!

I'm enabling my own stamping habit! I signed up yesterday and can't wait for my goodies to come in! I'm sooo excited -- I already emailed all my friends to tell them I'm going to be an SU! demo and a few have already responded!

BTW: I saw several threads about getting $300 in orders in the first quarter which would be ending Dec 31. I understood from my upline that the first quarter requirement was waived as a new demo and that I had until March 31 to get in my $300 order. Would someone confirm this? Thanks!

The current quarter is July-August-September. That is the partial quarterl that gets waived.
Therefore, your first minimum of $300 must be met in the first full quarter which in this case is Oct-Nov-Dec, ending Dec 31. If you are unsure, you can call Demonstrator Support to check.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #538  
Crimping Master

As I said before, I'm going to add $200 of my own order on to my hostess's party order. Do I just add myself as a customer? Or how do I do that? I was playing around with the practice ordering and couldn't quite figure that one out... :confused:
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #539  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenrnView Post
As I said before, I'm going to add $200 of my own order on to my hostess's party order. Do I just add myself as a customer? Or how do I do that? I was playing around with the practice ordering and couldn't quite figure that one out... :confused:
Congrats on your first workshop -it sounds great! As for your order, you're exactly right. Just add your name as a customer to the workshop order.

P.S. Have you joined us over on the demo side yet? You'll fins a ton of helpful threads and resources there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #540  
Crimping Master

Yes, I have joined the demo side, thank you very much! I have already found TONS of great tips for sales, workshops, projects, you name it!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #541  
Rubber Obsessor

I am so jealous. I got my number yesterday and asked to join the demo side and have not been approved yet....sob :-( I have been having fun on the SU site but just cannot imagine someone actually having a life and not getting me approved. lol

Missy

(really I do understand and am not pushing in any way whatsoever)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #542  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyintxView Post
I am so jealous. I got my number yesterday and asked to join the demo side and have not been approved yet....sob :-( I have been having fun on the SU site but just cannot imagine someone actually having a life and not getting me approved. lol

Missy

(really I do understand and am not pushing in any way whatsoever)
I'm right there with you! I also got my number yesterday but I haven't heard anything from the demo side either. Patience is a virture.... ;)
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #543  
Rubber Obsessor

Girls, I know a fun way to help pass the time and to help get your creative juices flowing. If you haven't already participated, there is a virtual stamping night going on. It's not too late to catch up. Any entries you want to upload are due tomorrow by 3 P.M. (not sure what time zone). Anyway, it really helps you think about fall and all of the wonderful creative possibilities. You can always work on the ones that appeal to you most, and just work on the others after the contest is over. I know the anticipation of coming over to "our" side! I was the same way. Anyway, just a thought. Happy stamping!
Dyana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #544  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyanaView Post
Girls, I know a fun way to help pass the time and to help get your creative juices flowing. If you haven't already participated, there is a virtual stamping night going on. It's not too late to catch up. Any entries you want to upload are due tomorrow by 3 P.M. (not sure what time zone). Anyway, it really helps you think about fall and all of the wonderful creative possibilities. You can always work on the ones that appeal to you most, and just work on the others after the contest is over. I know the anticipation of coming over to "our" side! I was the same way. Anyway, just a thought. Happy stamping!
Dyana
That sounds like a ton of fun, but I think I read a rule about having to complete a challenge in an hour, and I don't think that I can do that, I guess I'm just too new to stamping so I am super slow!!! I worked ALL day on 4 cards... too bad they don't have a slow poke challenge...:???: Hopefully someday I'll be as quick as you guys! I really want to participate :-D Thanks for the excellent idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #545  
Rubber Obsessor

I would love to participate but my stamps are still in the mail. When I start something I go all the way....I have no other stamps besides the ones coming in the start kit. lol

And the next order I am working on of course.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #546  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, when you have time, (and stamps!!!) you can check back and try the challenges and just complete them in your own time. The time limit is just if you want to get them in on the contests. They will remain posted for quite some time, I'm sure. If you get in a creative rut, they are good inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #547  
Rubber Obsessor

Is demo support closed on Sunday's? I figure that they probably are closed, but I just wanted to ask.

I also decided to become a demo (Yay!!!) and am so anxious waiting for my number!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #548  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinklynView Post
Is demo support closed on Sunday's? I figure that they probably are closed, but I just wanted to ask.

I also decided to become a demo (Yay!!!) and am so anxious waiting for my number!

Thanks!
Congrats on your decision! However, you will have to wait until Monday to speak with someone in demo support. I know it's hard to be patient, but it's just over a day now until Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #549  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you!

Yes, it is difficult waiting, and waiting and waiting....
But you're right, Monday will be here before I know it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 AM   #550  
Inking Addict

wow - this is WAY too tempting!!!

Holly Stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #551  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvandyneView Post
wow - this is WAY too tempting!!!
Come on you know you wanna........LOL!!! My order is arriving TOMORROW!!!! Wahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #552  
Glitter Guru

I hope mine comes tomorrow too. On Friday, my DS brought me a SU box that was on my porch and I got all excited but it was sooooo light. Turns out it only had a Versamark pad in it. Talk about disappointing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #553  
Compulsive Stamper

I have a question... Can I make my own SU business cards? Obviously they won't have the SU logo, but they will say Stampin' Up! just in regular type. Is that okay or is there a rule against it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #554  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Replying 3 weeks late--if you have a good upline, sure you can. I go to my uplines workshops all the time. I go to help her, visit with old friends (her customers) and get new ideas. So what if I don't get any personal sales from her workshop. Once in a while one of my customers will ask if she can go to my uplines workshop because the date is more convenient and the answer is , "of course"! I know she will still buy from me, but the main thing is to keep everyone happy and stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #555  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnkursozView Post
I have a question... Can I make my own SU business cards? Obviously they won't have the SU logo, but they will say Stampin' Up! just in regular type. Is that okay or is there a rule against it? Thanks!

As long as you are not using the logo you may make your own business card, using your official designation of "Indemendent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator". Without that designation there may be an implication that we are employees or representatives of Stampin' Up!, which we are not. We're independent businness owners.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #556  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

As long as you are not using the logo you may make your own business card, using your official designation of "Indemendent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator". Without that designation there may be an implication that we are employees or representatives of Stampin' Up!, which we are not. We're independent businness owners.
GRRR -- that was supposed to be Independent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #557  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

GRRR -- that was supposed to be Independent!
PM-ing you my example. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #558  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

PM-ing you my example. Thanks!
I would like to see your example too, could you PM me too? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #559  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sttimemommeyView Post
I would like to see your example too, could you PM me too? Thanks!
I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to PM my image. But, I also have yet to find out if what I've done is legal via SU. I'm going to send it to them and ask if it is accaptable. I'll let you know what they say, if it's acceptable I'll let you know the scoop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #560  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to PM my image. But, I also have yet to find out if what I've done is legal via SU. I'm going to send it to them and ask if it is accaptable. I'll let you know what they say, if it's acceptable I'll let you know the scoop!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes