Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #241  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
I need to see the in colours in person.
They look much nicer than the ones from last year. I bet gumball green becomes a favorite quickly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #242  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

Being a Hobby Demo is GREAT! I love it! :-) LM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellegirlView Post
Wow..I have heard SO many great things about the SU blocks and now have just decided to buy them ALL in that new bundle price which is offered in the new catty. FYI.... In buying them that way (all at once) you get a FANTASTIC savings versus buying them one by one or a few at a time.

I am even kicking around (yikes...for the first time EVER) the idea of signing on as a hobby demo. It's a great deal too! I can customize my demo kit and get $125 for $99. And, I think, my kit ships for FREE! What a deal!!! I really DO NOT particularily want to sell anything, yet I LOVE the products and just want the savings. Even if it's the savings for just this!

Thanks for the info and hope ALL of you waiting get your catties SOON!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #243  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it in the mail today!! LOVE IT. LOVE IT. L O V E. IT.

GOt to start saving;) Fast. Love the deer, the kids, the tractor, the horse.....the dies.

Got to get the "Trust God" set!!!!!!!!! SO FAB!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #244  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerBreezeView Post
Got to get the "Trust God" set!!!!!!!!! SO FAB!!
I kNOW!! That one knocked my socks off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #245  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I know but weren't they easier to picture before? I'm not sure what changed for me there but oh well.
They DO however this year have the finished dimensions listed in the catalog! So that's a good thing!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #246  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I too "LOVE" the TRUST GOD saying stamp set. So many wonderful sayings.

My favorite is Billy Graham's saying.

And I "LOVE" the BLESSING FROM HEAVEN saying stamp set.

I think there are more saying stamp set's that I LOVE!!

To me the layout of the catalog is awesome!

I have to wait till after the 15th of June to do any ordering.:(

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #247  
Mad Swapper

How hany are you gonna get?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #248  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also love the Trust God set. It is so great. There are 5 sets I have written down on my list but usually whittle that down to a couple when I actually order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #249  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

My list is so long that I would have no idea of how to whittle it down. I too love the Trust God set it is number one on my list and also love. love. love the Outer Space set. The wheels also appeal to me this year, I haven't used a wheel in who knows how long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #250  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

My catalogue arrived today!!!! My demonstrator sent a little punch out of each color from the new in colors. I do like them very much now that I have seen them in person. The Summer Starfruit is much prettier in person! Really like the Gumball Green too. And the Raspberry Ripple.

My list of maybe stamps: Stylin Snowflake; Cottage windows; Road to happiness; Mr & Mrs.; Great outdoors; By the seashore; A fitting occasion; CLockworks; Daydream medallions; Trust God; and more--my battery on my laptop is dying and I don't have my cord with me.

I'll be back later. Love the new catalogue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #251  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OH Wow! This catalog is FABULOUS! I love the colors. I love the samples. I love the over all lay-out. Thank goodness no stamps screamed out - you can't live without me.

Last edited by not2shabbydesigns; 05-18-2012 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Hit go by accident, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #252  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
OH Wow! This catalog is FABULOUS! I love the colors. I love the samples. I love the over all lay-out. Thank goodness no stamps screamed out - you can't live without me.
For those that have seen the catalogue, I am wondering about ordering Sincere Salutations on the retired list. OR is there a set in the new catty that would be as good as S.S.?

Thanks,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #253  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I also love the Trust God set. It is so great. There are 5 sets I have written down on my list but usually whittle that down to a couple when I actually order.
Oh, man, now I have to see this new catalogue what with you all raving about the Trust God set.....Sounds like there are many more to want as well. I am usually a sucker for the two year in color (in Canada we spell it colour) ones too. I think getting the cs and stamp pads is a good deal. Oh my, here I go again........

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #254  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the link to see the new catalogue. Has definetly kept me up past my bedtime, lol.........

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #255  
Kookie Creator

can someone send me the link :( my rep is away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #256  
Mad Swapper

Have any demonstrators seen and played with the new Stamping Trimmer on page 180? Price isn't bad but would love to know how people have used it feel about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #257  
Die Cut Diva

Default 2012 Catty has me conflicted??

So it is 5:AM and I just finished about 4 hours pouring over the new catalog. My initial wish list $1045.00 and the bad part about that is my lists never remain just wishes...I'm into gratifying my wishes, so I'll purchase every cent of that in the next month or two. I'm conflicted because I'm not sure if I want to purchase it from my good demo/friend like I always do @ 30% off (volume rebates) and be free and clear or just sign up again to be my own best customer? I signed up a few years ago under a really sweet deal and I quickly went from loving my carefree hobby to being roped into trying to sell things...which I HATE TO DO! As insane as it sounds, I was so ticked with all the strings like being stuck with the starter kit and finding storage for all that crud (order forms, flyers, Definitely Decorative brochures, recruitment folders). I wanted to throw it in the trash, but isn't that like a crafter's kryptonite...to throw away perfectly good supplies? I didn't want to be bothered with the kinda sleazy move like putting the items from the start-up kit up on eBay. I actually love Stampin' UP! and wouldn't want to be involved in anything that might be construed as scamming.

My demo always offers the most tantalizing offers, but I don't even want people to contact me on the chance that they might entice me to do a demonstration where I will undoubtedly go to more trouble and expense than I care to. That is how all the problems began the first time. The bigger my workshop sales...the more stuff I bought in preorders and special offers. Having the ordering system at my fingertips proved to be a bad idea in rural Alaska (yeah, I know the whole state is rural really). Then the whole issue of what you can demonstrate and the idea that I could ever show someone how to do something and not mention the tips and tricks I've learned with truthfully, better things from Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Like I hate to spill the beans, but I just saw a very close rendition of Shelli's exclusive basket and blooms die in the SizzixOutlet.com and that is not the first Sizzix/Ellison die I've seen that closely resembles something that is supposed to be a Stampin' UP! exclusive for a fraction of the cost. So that is what makes me a not so good demo.:rolleyes:

The catalog is very tempting eye candy, but I guess my crafter head for business sees some of the things as sort of unnecessary...especially in this economy, when so many people are struggling? What is so nifty about dies to follow the shape of a stamp? Can't you do that with scissors? That used to be the fun part for me? Am I imagining things or are some things just too trendy....another shade of red, puke yellow, coral, blue, and green. I can think of 5 greens going back to Wild Wasabi that aren't that far off shade from each other. The neurotic part is it IS on my wish list and I'll buy it. Yes, sleep....I need sleep:? Look at it with fresh eyes tomorr...later on today.

Spend roughly $700 and be relatively satiated if not overwhelmed with things I probably don't need or sign up for $99 to be completely out of control and drowning in products forevah? Decisions, decisions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #258  

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4londonView Post
Have any demonstrators seen and played with the new Stamping Trimmer on page 180? Price isn't bad but would love to know how people have used it feel about it.
No we can't order everything out of the new catalog, only a few things. And I don't think the trimmer is going to be available on June 1. I think they've had a delay with it.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #259  
Kookie Creator

I received my new catalog the other day. I'm most excited about the new paper piercing items (page 181).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #260  
Insane Embellisher

I'm going to have to have a long talk with my SU Demo. She's kept very, very quiet. She's teased us with comments like, "you'll love it", and actually showed us the new stamp pad, but is tight lipped on the rest.

I'm sooooo totally jealous that you all have seen so much! LOL - calling my demo today. Gotta find out what this gumball green business is all about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #261  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
For those that have seen the catalogue, I am wondering about ordering Sincere Salutations on the retired list. OR is there a set in the new catty that would be as good as S.S.?

Thanks,
Shirl
I don't personally find anything that replaces Sincere Salutations well. There's a new set of sentiments, but has too funky of font for my taste. It's called Sassy Salutations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #262  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by erika348View Post
I'm going to have to have a long talk with my SU Demo. She's kept very, very quiet. She's teased us with comments like, "you'll love it", and actually showed us the new stamp pad, but is tight lipped on the rest.

I'm sooooo totally jealous that you all have seen so much! LOL - calling my demo today. Gotta find out what this gumball green business is all about.
Your demo is following the rules set forth by SU. So please do not give her a hard time. Do ask if she has the new catalogs already for her customers, as you would love to have one already.

I've held off in handing off the catalogs to my customers also, the last couple of weeks. I am just now starting to distribute them.

Once you see it, "you'll love it!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #263  
Stampin' Fool

Got my new catalog last night at my demo's house. I attended a monthly class/club. She showed us the new In-Colors; and the new black stamp pad but we didn't get to play with anything new. We couldn't even HAVE the new catty until we were leaving for the night. She didn't want to ruin the club sales for the hostess that month by tempting people with new stuff that can't order yet anyway.

I really like the new catalog. The colors and layout are very appealing. There aren't any stamps sets that are just SCREAMING at me to BUY BUY BUY...but I do like the new Clockworks set and the Daydream Medallions with the matching Framelit Dies. I will probably buy those over the course of the next year.

I mostly plan to invest in a few of the new ink pads. I need to replace my Real Red and Cherry Cobbler. The Perfect Plum and Tempting Turquoise have been reformulated so I may get those ink pads and packs of paper as well. Other than that, I'll probably just wait for the new Mini to see what holiday sets grab my eye and my checkbook!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #264  

You guys are making me want to do nothing but go curl up and drool over the catalog (again) instead of doing all the stuff I NEED to be doing today, ha!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #265  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hate it

*I have to say up front that I haven't read this whole thread yet. I just popped over here right away after I emailed SU about the new catalog.

For 15+ years I've looked forward to seeing the new catalog when it was released. This morning I looked through maybe 30 pages when I then I started wondering if I should just throw it in the trash right now. I HATE the chopped up pictures of the samples. Why would they do that????????? The samples are a huge part of the appeal. They sell the stamps! What a freakin' waste of ink and paper.

I love my demo, but I think I'll give the catalog back. :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #266  

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
*I have to say up front that I haven't read this whole thread yet. I just popped over here right away after I emailed SU about the new catalog.

For 15+ years I've looked forward to seeing the new catalog when it was released. This morning I looked through maybe 30 pages when I then I started wondering if I should just throw it in the trash right now. I HATE the chopped up pictures of the samples. Why would they do that????????? The samples are a huge part of the appeal. They sell the stamps! What a freakin' waste of ink and paper.

I'm so sorry you feel that way:( The overwhelming response to the new catalog has been very positive. SU is changing a bit which it must do to stay competitive. I love the new catalog personally. I still feel there are TONS of samples! I'm not always so great with change so I was worried:-) Maybe give it some time and see if it grows on you???

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #267  
Mad Swapper

Who loves Gumball Green?!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #268  
Glitter Queen

would someone please send me a link to the new catalog please, I'm dying in Texas to see what is new.
Thank You,
Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 975 Likes on 474 Posts

Quote:

Sorry to hear that the style disappoints you. The company informed us that they were trying to focus in on the details of the projects so that you could get more ideas of how to use the supplies we offer, etc. Not trying to change your mind, just give you the idea behind the change.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #270  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I actually really like the new style of the catalog because of the closeups of the samples--I need all the help I can get when trying out a new technique! But there was a mini a year or so back that everyone raved about...but me. So even if this one isn't grabbing you, maybe the fall mini will.

I tend to get more ideas from my demonstrator and the gallery here than the catalog, so maybe that's why I didn't mind this style.

I do wish that the catalog showed larger samples of the printed papers, but I have always felt that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #271  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapmomoftwinsView Post
I actually really like the new style of the catalog because of the closeups of the samples--I need all the help I can get when trying out a new technique! But there was a mini a year or so back that everyone raved about...but me. So even if this one isn't grabbing you, maybe the fall mini will.

I tend to get more ideas from my demonstrator and the gallery here than the catalog, so maybe that's why I didn't mind this style.

I do wish that the catalog showed larger samples of the printed papers, but I have always felt that way.

Yep! Me too! I don't care for the really small corner folded back and wish I could see more of both pages!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #272  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerBreezeView Post
Who loves Gumball Green?!!!!!!
I do I Do!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #273  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
You guys are making me want to do nothing but go curl up and drool over the catalog (again) instead of doing all the stuff I NEED to be doing today, ha!!!
Hahahaha!

You and me both!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #274  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Interesting how we all like something different when it comes to the design choices of photos, projects, colors, page layouts, etc.

I can see this catalog is much different than former ones.

Can you imagine being on the creative team that had to sort through thousands of projects and pictures and have to figure out how to squeeze it all into a much smaller printed document?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #275  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We need a "LIKE" button here on SCS.

I too LOVE the gumball green color.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #276  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the input Minders! I thought as a demonstrator you all could order anything in the catalog before the rest of us. My mistake. The cutter just looks so sturdy, yet compact. I've been in search of a decent cutter for a long time. I was given a gift certificate to my LSS and bought a small Tonic because it said it could cut to 8 1/2"--well either the advertising was misleading or the way I read it was, you can cut a piece of 8 1/2" paper but you can't slide it apart at 11" to make 2 cards. Very frustrating to me. So I'm hopeful.

I'm really loving the new catalogue--love the detail in the projects so I can figure out 'how the heck did they do that'. I don't have a local demo, the one who got me hooked to SU isn't too helpful, so mine is long distance so I need all the help that I can get.

As for the Gumball Green--I love it. My demo sent a punched out square of each of the new colors so I could see them in real life and they are most certainly better in real life. Didn't like the new yellow but love it now that I have seen it. Now I just need to trim my list before June 1st so I can place my order and play with my new goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #277  

Received 807 Likes on 329 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4londonView Post
My catalogue arrived today!!!! My demonstrator sent a little punch out of each color from the new in colors. I do like them very much now that I have seen them in person. The Summer Starfruit is much prettier in person! Really like the Gumball Green too. And the Raspberry Ripple.

My list of maybe stamps: Stylin Snowflake; Cottage windows; Road to happiness; Mr & Mrs.; Great outdoors; By the seashore; A fitting occasion; CLockworks; Daydream medallions; Trust God; and more--my battery on my laptop is dying and I don't have my cord with me.

I'll be back later. Love the new catalogue!
I'd love clockworks too if I didn't already have lots of clock stamps. Want a cool idea for it? Use some old clock gears! Oh and Cuttlebug makes a clockworks embossing folder! Take a look: Magnolia's Place: Time Spent in my Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #278  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
YIKES!
That means anyone who clicks on mine sees, "Stamp Out Fat!"
That's not exactly the first impression I want to send out to people who want to know about me. I kind of wish our participation in the private groups was ... well ... private.
hahaha

This made me laugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #279  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts

You guys are making me crazy! Wish I'd seen the darn link before it got taken down. WHAT a time to be on a cruise with no internet access!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #280  
Compulsive Stamper

Can someone describe the gumball green? If it's not against the rules I mean. I don't want to get anyone in trouble or get me in trouble too!

Is it a bright green, light green, dark green? Is it a blue green or a yellowy green?
Reply With Quote Likes