Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chalk pad-exciting options!

I am so excited that I had to share this with you ladies.
When I placed my order from the new catalog, I ordered the chalk pads.
Now I don't know how many of you know what exactly this ink is but let me tell you that after you see what you can do with it, You will DEFINATELY have to have it!!!
I just can not stand it! I have to go play with it and as soon as my hubby comes back from his salmon tournament,(tomorrow finally) I can take pictures to show you what I am talking about!
I have to go play now. You just will not believe it.
There has to be someone else out there that knows what I am talking about.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh man ... I have them ... help me ... guide me ..... tell me what to do with them!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

I got mine last week and I still haven't opened them--I'm intimidated by them. I would love to see your samples. Please post soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

These pads are incredible! I bought all 36 colors of the Chalk ink in the small Cats Eyes a year ago, long before I had even SEEN anything by SU! Hard to believe since now I'm a demo! <G>

Anyway, I have used these pads for my all-purpose stamping. I don't emboss with them, but you probably could - i just haven't done much embossing. When you use the chalk inks for solid stamps like shadow/shape stamps, the coverage of this ink is better than regular dye ink, in my opinion. You get a more solid color. The finish is kind of matte - rather soft and chalk-looking, but it doesn't smudge.

Somewhere on SCS, I found the list of the ColorBox colors that are included in the new SU PetalPoints, and what they felt was the closest SU colors to the CB colors - does that make sense? I had already figured out a couple for myself. I don't have all the SU colors yet, so I was getting as close as possible with the chalk inks.

They are great for direct-to-paper, but also for any stamping you do!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love chalk inks and it was a prayer answered when we got them in the catalog this year! I'd bought the Fresco pads, mostly, then I had picked up one of the Color Box Fluid Chalk pads and really liked it.

When you stamp with chalk ink, it is fairly opaque, so stamping in a light color on top of a dark will actually SHOW! Look at the sample in the August Stampin' Success and you will see what I mean! They stamped the funky rectangle from All the Best in different chalk colors to make a column, then stamped the flower with a lighter color on top. It is totally cool.

They dry faster than pigments, but have a lot of the opacity of pigment inks, plus that chalky matte look that they dry to is very nice.

Be aware that this ink is HARD to clean off your stamps. You sometimes get a residue sticking to your stamps that requires a bit of elbow grease to get off or the use of a permanent ink cleaner.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with them, I have never tried the chalk inks before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 02:42 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default technique

ooo, are you perhaps talking about that modernist background with the brayer I saw on the colorbox website????

Thanks Jan, for the heads up about cleaning!! I have the Stampin Mist, but should I go get some Staz on Cleaner??
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2004, 03:44 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I also have most of the color box colors & a few of the versamagic ones. I LOVE them! Since becoming a demo & not being able to play with them, I've let mine become very lonely, but they are now able to come out & play again! WOOHOO! These were on my "hope they make it into the new catalog" list, as well as some of my customers.

The thing I tell my customers about them and the craft pads is use a very light touch when inking your stamp or you will have ink EVERYWHERE, including in some crevases you didn't know exsisted. :shock: We've had some card making sessions at work (ok, more like trash as many stamps as you can sessions) and I can tell you, too, the ink can be extremely hard to remove if the stamp was ground into the ink pad until the block turned color. :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm just glad none of my SU! stamps got ruined.

Make sure you clean them right away, too. Some of my stamps sat with lots of ink on them for a very long time. I used bleach water, soap, stampin' mist, stazon cleaner, a jack hammer (ok, not really but I felt like it ) & it's still caked on a few.

I just got my box of new toys today so as soon as they are all mounted, I will be stamping like crazy & will play with my chalk inks too. I hope to get some pix uploaded tonight. I have one more set to cut out.....everyday flexible phrases.....why did I order that set again??????......the channel boxes look AWESOME! The grooves are big enough for the double mounted blocks (YEA!) so I can throw away my homemade system. I'm off to finish mounting!

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by baronsmom
Make sure you clean them right away, too. Some of my stamps sat with lots of ink on them for a very long time. I used bleach water, soap, stampin' mist, stazon cleaner, a jack hammer (ok, not really but I felt like it ) & it's still caked on a few.
Try an old toothbrush...it's worked wonders on some of my stamps I thought had perm. red craft ink in the crevices
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 10:07 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

There are some great samples in the gallery! GREAT.... now I have to order some, too. SCS is really bad for me.... My wish list is getting WAY toooooo long!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The chalk inks were one thing I really wanted to try but I had to shorten my order by A LOT! :(

They are definately going on my next order! Not too soon, though! DH gets worried when UPS visits too often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:34 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had great luck removing the chalk ink with Judikins Fabric and Permanent Ink Cleaner; it takes off the Basic Black and Stazon too and does not harm the rubber. I've had my bottle for about 6 years and it's still going strong! Lasts a long time. It's got a scrubber on the top of the bottle, so you just rub it on your rubber, then clean it off.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Where do you get the Judikins stuff? Must have it. Thanks, Di
Reply With Quote Likes