Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Catty Chatter

So, what do you think of the artwork and samples in the new catalog? It sounds like the new sets are great--are there good sample of the sets we already have?? Are they SCS quality???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

anyone with the catalog???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Default New catty

Yeah I got one!!! OMG it is the most beautiful catalog!! Mine "have to have list" is sooooooo long!! My dh is going to die!! I am glad I am signing up July 1st to be a demo!!! I love all of the new accessories and the new cards and pages for our favorite stamps! I don't think I will be able to stamp for a day or two because I will be looking at my catty!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I got a look at my DD yesterday and was very impressed with the samples that were shown. So much better than last year. I'm going to be broke at this rate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:19 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

My top 3 favorites: Treat Yourself pg. 117, Do the Hula pg. 91, and Life's Special Moments pg. 87. I was so glad to finally see a wedding set that I just love. And the treat yourself OMG! I just love it. The popcorn, peanuts, coffee cup, it's great!!!! That's a must have on my list for sure. And the hula - I love the huge hybiscus flower in it. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these sets. It'll be so much fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  
The Digi-Freak

The samples are SO much better this year!!! I love love love the samples!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I think this catalog is beautiful! I love it more than last years! The sample's are great & they really made me look at some sets that were alreay in last year's book in a new light. Like "set Sail" for example. My recruit was saying the same thing she kept mentioning sets that she never noticed last year & this year they are popping out to her. I think the new colors are great & maybe that is part of the difference.
Overall a great catalog IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #8  
luvmystamps3

Just got mine this morning! I will have to say I just adore the front, it is so darling. Flipped thru the inside real quick and the pictures sure look vibrant! I have not really looked at all the sets, as We are leaving for VACA on 6/30. I will save the excitment until we return

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Default new caddy

I also got my this morning and still haven't taken a break and put it down I think I will be sleeping with it under my pillow tonight.Because I will have to threaten anyone if they dare even think about breaking in and taking it away from me.HE HE HE ONLY KIDDING!NOT?

I love the new cover the colors are so awesome makes everthing just pop right out at you. I had to also give it a big hug.I just love SU.how can you not with these amazing ideas on every page.I love the fact that they just take 1 or 2 samples from every set and give you so many ideas. It also nice how they use them inso many different ways wether it's for card making,to scrapbooking.or bags and boxes.it's endless.Plus the gallery here at scs gives us even more to search thru for ideas.the Ladies here are so talented.it's hard to not come back here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like this year's better than the last, but both have/had some great samples of cards/projects. One of my favorite samples in the new catalog is on pg 6; also like the "Heartfelt Thanks" card on the cover, the "Watercolor Garden" sample (134), the "Alaska" LO (140), "Thinking of You" card (160), "Thanks" card (19), "Renaissance Angels" card (47), "Cool Cat" card (90), "Roses in Winter" card (129), "Simple Florals" card (130) and "Terrific Tulips" card (131).

As for the "artwork" of the stamps themselves, I am disappointed that there was not another set along the "Summer by the Sea" and "Seaside Sketches" theme - didn't even have to be a "beach" theme, just something by that same artist. And I'm very disappointed that there were not more offerings in the wildlife/nature/outdoors categories, such as the "Fly Fishing" set or the "Yukon" or "Wolf" sets. JMHO...

KimB
Reply With Quote Likes