Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really love the new catalog. The new accessories are awesome and so are the new dies. I think this is my favorite catalog yet, there are so many things in it that are really my style especially all the punny things.

http://www.scrappychica13.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

I like the new trees sets, and there is one called Lexicon of Leaves that I like. I also like Game Night and the cards set - fun! I haven't seen the SAB catty yet and hope it comes soon. I don't have a sympathy set, so I will probably get the new one in the catty, as it's both sympathy and get well. I wasn't overwhelmed by the hostess sets - there's one I really wanted from the fall-winter catty, but my turn as hostess is in February, so I lost out on that one. I really would like to see just one catty a year plus 4 minis. Oh, well, that's another thread in itself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

I am really loving this one!! Just looked through it once and I'm already reeling from all the stuff I want!!:mrgreen: I LOVE the chipboard owls and the paper is gorgeous!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #84  
Crimping Master

I LOVED this catalog, so many sets I have to have. I would say there are 8 or 10 on my must have list. I felt they were thinking outside the box a bit on this one. I like things that are a bit different, and I found a few in this catalog that were not your typical SU stamp. Pretty ribbon. Dies are only OK, was hoping for more universal use types of dies. Now, the hostess sets were very disappointing this time and the RAISED the PRICES, as if they weren't expensive enough! That threw me off. I have considered being a rep, but I go back and forth. For example, I didn't enjoy the last catalog much. Besides, I have so much stuff, I'd just be buying a bunch of duplicate supply items when I could be spending the money on stamps! All in all, I think this is my favorite since I have started stamping...this would be my 3rd catalog. The stamp set are right up my alley.

I have a friend that was a hobby demo. She gave me 20%, and I more or less kept her in business...but she lost her status :( Paying full price hurts!!! I suppose I'll cave in eventually and sign up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry, that whole Manhattan thing is so not my thing! I'm tired of seeing big flowers. How about some cute little ones? That said, I liked the new catty. Not shout-it-from-the-rooftop excited, but I'm in definate like here. The bird and tree stuff is a must have for me. The new DSP is on the top of my list. Nice new embellishment and I absolutely have to get some of that Whisper White organza ribbon. I'll have enough to make two nice sized orders though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

I always find things to love. I placed an order today and the "Thoughts and Prayers" was not available and then I tried to order the "Le Jardin Botanique" and they said I have to order that item via phone. I am not sure what that is all about. Does anyone know why it's not available through OEX?
I just bought my Big Shot last year and was glad to see more dies. I love the new Latte buttons, the new Corduroy Chocolate Chip buttons, and the new Flower brads. I ordered 4 stamp sets today and have another 4-5 I will get during Sale A Bration. I love the hostess sets "Gods Blessing" and I just have to have the Patterns paper. I'm always excited about new SU stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #87  
Crimping Master

Same here LeisaJane! Love the idea of the cabin, LOVE it, but just DO NOT like the art work. If you are going to do a masculine stamp, make it masculine, realistic, not cutsie. I buy landscape stamps that look natural, and my husband loves them. They are called Stampscapes and he loves everything I do with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #88  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was completely disappointed. Since I don't have a copy of the catalog yet, I had to try and see it online - what a joke. If it wasn't for the wonderful people who have uploaded it to their blogs, I still wouldn't have been able to see it.

I've been a stamper for quite a few years now and have an EXTENSIVE selection, but that doesn't mean I don't still buy new stamps. Most of my stamping money used to go to SU (and a lot of it!) but now it goes to other companies. There seemed to be very few new sets to this SU catalog. So much of the new stuff was in the dies and the wall decor stuff of which I don't have a need for. I'm predominately a stamper and scrapbooker and SU isn't providing much anymore that fit my needs. Again, my crafting dollars are still being spent but not on SU. I was really hoping for some decent new stamp sets and only saw maybe one or two that I liked but about choked on the price. SU is getting way away from their solid beginnings as the "go to" place for stamping. Maybe as a business, they needed to expand into other areas just to stay afloat, but there is so little new in their stamps anymore. I usually try to stock up on ribbon and cardstock even when I don't like the stamps just so I can get some of the hostess sets, but I didn't like any of the level 1 sets and only one of the level 2. I normally spend big during SAB and get every set but again I liked maybe one set.

CHF and PTI among other companies will be getting all my stamping dollars now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #89  
Crimping Master

I am actually very excited about this catalog. To be honest I was ready to give up on SU! Every catalog just got less impressive to me. Then I got this one and my faith was renewed!

I typically breeze past the natural type stamps. This time around I found a ton of stamps I liked in that section. It seems to me that there is a good selection on natural looking sets and "cutsie" ones. I love "Branching Out", "Trendy Trees", and "Fifth Avenue Floral".

I think "Thoughts and Prayers" is great and "Hoppy for You" has the cutest frogs I've seen from SU. "Ocean Commotion" and "Game Night" are super cute too. One of my favorite new sets though is "Totally Tool". I always have a hard time finding masculine stamps, this one is perfect!!

I could go on forever. I would definately say this is one of my favorite catalogs in recent years. I usually don't care too much for the DP either, but I loved all the new stuff! Even the embellishments are getting cuter!

I will have to agree w/ alot of other people though on the the Sale-A-Bration mini. There is nothing I like in it. I honestly wouldn't even know which sets to pick for free! I think they have really gone downhill for these promotions.

It's all good though. I am still really excited to order from the new catty!

Scrappractical - The Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #90  
Crimping Master

I didn't really care for any of the hostess sets either. I guess it's better to be less impressed w/ what you are getting for free rather than what you are paying for. I guess...

Scrappractical - The Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #91  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saucy1View Post
Same here LeisaJane! Love the idea of the cabin, LOVE it, but just DO NOT like the art work. If you are going to do a masculine stamp, make it masculine, realistic, not cutsie. I buy landscape stamps that look natural, and my husband loves them. They are called Stampscapes and he loves everything I do with them.

Yep, the perspective on the cabin bothers me. I'm no artist, though, so I'm not complaining...just not going to get that one. Plenty of people will like it, though, and want cute nature, not realistic. Stampscapes are really great stamps for anyone who loves natural-looking nature, LOL!

Isn't it great we have so many options?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 AM   #92  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
...I've been a stamper for quite a few years now and have an EXTENSIVE selection, but that doesn't mean I don't still buy new stamps. Most of my stamping money used to go to SU (and a lot of it!) but now it goes to other companies. There seemed to be very few new sets to this SU catalog. So much of the new stuff was in the dies and the wall decor stuff of which I don't have a need for. I'm predominately a stamper and scrapbooker and SU isn't providing much anymore that fit my needs. Again, my crafting dollars are still being spent but not on SU. ...
CHF and PTI among other companies will be getting all my stamping dollars now.
It seems like a lot of people use SU as their gateway drug and then start branching out. I sort of did the same thing (although I wasted a lot of money early on with half-price stuff from HL...yuck). I love PTI but still enjoy a nice wood-mounted stamp set as well. I also buy quite a bit of Hero Arts and dabble in other companies, too. I'm thrilled with the new SU catalog and will be ordering at least three or four stamp sets from it.

We have so much choice out there in stamps now, and I guess I just feel like it's all good.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love it! It is sooo much better than the last one. But then I am from the UK where our catty is sooo small!! LOL I am a UK demo. I love SU and I hope we get more of what you have.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #94  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by country scrapperView Post
I also was not overly impressed with the new cat. There are a couple of nice stamp sets but nothing that really threw me over the top :( i was so excited to see it too!
This is exactly how I feel as well. I do really like the hostess level 1 set Darling Dots but I am having a hard time picking out $150 worth of stuff to earn that set! I guess like a previous post said, I'll just stock up on cardstock and ink.

I am a hobby demo and didn't use to have a hard time making my quota between what I and a couple of other people ordered. In the past, this time of year was easy to meet my quota because of the new catalog and then with SaleAbration but I don't think either of those things is going to help this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

I think SU is "late to the ball" with respect to the tree and bird stamps. The bird craze has been going on for awhile (I think it started with Just Johanna, now called Odd Bird Planet) and there is an amazing selection of them out there from various companies. The graphic trees are more recent, but there are still a number of companies (Lizzie Ann Designs, fontwerks, Hero ARts, Unity Stamps, Stampendous) that already have their tree stamps on the market. Perhaps SU takes too long to get a set from conceptualization to market. I think previously SU didn't like to follow trends but they caved on the birds, owls and graphic trees but unfortunately it is late in the game and their designs appear less than original.

That being said, I think it is really really difficult to come up with a fresh idea given the number of stamp companies on the market.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put me in the 'not overly impressed' camp. I was disappointed to see owl chipboard (that is adorable) but no stamp set of theirs matches it very well. It would have been great to have both.

I am also disappointed that there's a new dog set but no new cat set.

I will continue to buy ink and paper from SU, but have been trying other companies' stamps (PTI and other unmounteds).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #97  
Stampin' Fool

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the new catalog. If I were to add up my wish list, it would probably be at least $800.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #98  
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't think I was too impressed with the new catty, but I just placed an order for over $400! I only ordered 6 stamp sets though, most of it is accessories.
I actually am in pending so thats why I had to place such a big order, it was tough deciding if I wanted to give up being a demo (hobby) or do it one more time!
I also was going to pre-order SAB because I thought they were $10, I was shocked when they were $16.95. I didn't like any enough to buy them for that much or earn them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #99  
Matboard Maniac

I looked at the new catalogue after it took ages to download to view it i think the catalogue is better than the last three before it still need more Masculine designs in if my opinions worth anything . What is it about Stampin Up why dont they cater for the men in the world they have had better in the past catering for men designs . For those who love flowers plenty of nice ones and a better selection for variable tastes so something in to make some people happy but for men sorry its poor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #100  
Matboard Maniac

Well, here's my two sense worth. I'm impressed with the fact that a lot of the new stamp sets are under 20.This really helps with this economy. I'm disappointed because it was like looking at the old catalog. This really surprises me in one way and not in another way. The reason it seems like the old catalog is because a majority of it is .(due maybe to having 2 catalogs a year) What does surprise me is that SU spent all that money to repeat what seems like the old catalog. Having said that, let me tell you a secret. I'm been surfing the Catalogs from 1998 to current year and I was surprised that some of the stamps in the 1998 catalog are still in the current one. I guess because they were a good seller and there's always new stampers. So I'll try not to be disappointed. Maybe I'll save some money. Nah! or explore other stamp companies.

As for the hostess benefits I was a little disappointed in those too. But take a second look at the celebration sets. On my first look I was really disappointed in them even given they would be free (after I spent 50) But on the second look, I looked not at the stamps, but the cards they had made with them throughout the catalog and I've changed my mind.

Do they ever give something besides stamping up sets or paper for hostess benefits? It might be nice if we were offered a punch or a family of spots instead of sets? Of course, if they ever do I'll already have both.

Consumer Tip:
Also, did you know that Mike's and AC has a dollar stamp of two birds facing each other with a heart between them. Sound familiar.

sam

Last edited by allensm; 01-24-2009 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #101  
Crimping Master

I think a lot of the stamps look like old stamps revisited. For example; Am I the only one who thinks the heart in Ever After looks alot like the one in Kindness Shared that retired several years ago? The font used in Elegant Cheer is a lot like the ones they used to use before the All Year Cheer sets came into being. Seaside is nothing more than a slightly sketchier (and no where near as nice) version of Beautiful Beach.

So if it seems like the same catalog, well it is. The same sets, just tweeked.

Now I do think the game set really fills a niche that they had neglected, I just wish the card suite stamps were larger. SU has really injected humor in a lot of their sets this time, and not that silly punny humor, but really funny stuff. (the complimentary peanuts still crack me up).

Pamela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #102  
Rubber Obsessor

What about this thought... Why should anyone be surprised or disappointed that they didn't love every thing or even most things in the new SU catty? Why should you feel you have to love everything? Think how many stamp sets they make between the old sets and the new sets. Does anyone expect to love every single stamp from another company that makes as many stamps as SU? Bellas or PTI or Hero Arts or whoever? (No offense intended to any of those companies...I actually happen to like stamp sets from all of them.) Or, if you go to a stamp store of any size, do you go in honestly expecting to like every single stamp you see? I'm truly not criticizing anyone's right to express an opinion on the new SU catalog and I'm certainly not intending to cause a fuss! I just don't see why it would be such a huge disappointment if you don't love every last thing.

I personally have a list of about 5-6 new sets (plus a bunch of other items) that I would really like to have from the new catalog, and that is fine for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

I was not impressed. And I TOTALLY agree. I was just sure there would be skateboarding stamps and was disappointed when I couldn't find any. Also I'm bummed that the Index & Supplies list was gone. I used it to verify colors and stamps sets used when I wasn't sure. I hope the next one's better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I got my catty but I am NOT overly excited. No sets aimed for teenagers again. I love how they say they are up to date with trends - NOT. If that were trues they would know that Skateboarding/snowboarding & motocross are the #1 action sports.
Instead - they give us a surfing & BMX set that is CHILDISH looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #104  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

What about this thought... Why should anyone be surprised or disappointed that they didn't love every thing or even most things in the new SU catty? Why should you feel you have to love everything? Think how many stamp sets they make between the old sets and the new sets. Does anyone expect to love every single stamp from another company that makes as many stamps as SU? Bellas or PTI or Hero Arts or whoever? (No offense intended to any of those companies...I actually happen to like stamp sets from all of them.) Or, if you go to a stamp store of any size, do you go in honestly expecting to like every single stamp you see? I'm truly not criticizing anyone's right to express an opinion on the new SU catalog and I'm certainly not intending to cause a fuss! I just don't see why it would be such a huge disappointment if you don't love every last thing.

I personally have a list of about 5-6 new sets (plus a bunch of other items) that I would really like to have from the new catalog, and that is fine for me.
You're right! It's actually a great thing to not love everything. I would be disappointed to not be able to buy it all. I think there's something for everyone, though I do think it would be in their best interest to conduct some sort of poll to see what stamps people are eager to see for the first time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

Also I'm bummed that the Index & Supplies list was gone. I used it to verify colors and stamps sets used when I wasn't sure.

I completely agree with this! I hate that the supplies list is gone. I can't even count how many times I use that part of the catty during a 6-month cycle! It's a shame that it's gone. I know it's available on-line, and I printed out a reformatted one that someone shared in another forum and plan to have it included at the back when I have the catty spiral bound at Staples (thank you to someone else for that great idea), but it's a lot of hassle that I wish wasn't necessary! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #106  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestof3View Post
You're right! It's actually a great thing to not love everything. I would be disappointed to not be able to buy it all. I think there's something for everyone, though I do think it would be in their best interest to conduct some sort of poll to see what stamps people are eager to see for the first time.
Love this idea!! Then SU would hear about the desire for better cat...teenager...cabin...skateboarding...etc...set s! Do they do something like this somehow that we just don't know about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #107  
Mad Swapper

Well, there are about 300 new items in the catalogue...mind you some of it is the several sizes of the wall things, and the many different papers, but still, I think it is quite a lot of new stuff.

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/iteml...categoryID=130

I'm not buying as much as I was a while ago because I now have a lot of tools, supplies and stamp sets. But there are quite a few items that are new, or new to me (I don't have access to very much in the way of crafting stores) and I'm sure I could make out a shopping list far larger than I can afford.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #108  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

I love the new catalog! Of course, I love looking through any catalog, dreaming, making a wish list,.......
Of course there are repeats of stamp sets. As someone mentioned, there are 2 catalogs a year, and we don't expect everything to be new. That's why they publish a retiring list. Every mail order catalog I receive has new items in it, mixed in with lots of older items. When I go to Michael's, there are always some new things, and lots of older things. That seems to be how business works. I would be in big trouble if everything were new every time.
That said, I love some of the new things, along with lots of the old things. I am glad that they sometimes bring back a quote from an older set. Sometimes, I find that there is one that I missed out on the first time around. There are certainly plenty of people who want retired stuff (just look on ebay), so why not market it?
My list of stamps that I love is usually longer than my money supply, and this time is no exception! I haven't finished my list yet, but I know there are plenty of sets to keep my bank account low.
I love a lot of the designer papers, as usual. I also love some of the new accessories. Some of the dies for the Big Shot are to die for! There is always more ribbon that I want, and a few new Simply Scrappin kits I have to have. I'm too lazy to go get the catalog to give you specifics, but I think the catalog is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

This catty is my fave out of the last THREE!!! There was only about 3 must have stamp sets in the last one and not much new in the Accessories. But in this seasons I am really impressed with all the papers (the textured heavyweight dp!!!) and I love that they are carrying all those dies...I feel the changes they've made were significant enough to keep me interested even though there are still only a few (although more than last time) stamps that I want. (I'm not a demo, but a club member going on 3 years consistantly)

I think it takes more to *wow* me in regards to rubber...perhaps it has something to do with all the wonderful companies we find on here...so many stamps...so little money!! Lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

I found a few sets that I have to have.
There were no new sets for St. Patricks Day, Easter or Fourth of July.:(
I absolutely love the Raspberry Tart paper!
I would love for them to give us the option of mounted or unmounted stamps.
The crochet flowers are cute, but not at that price.
Not too crazy about any of the Hostess sets.
Miss the supply list.
I get aggravated that most of the DSP paper is done with In Colors.
I would have loved to see manly sets and more realistic animal sets.
I'm sure there's more, but my DH is talking to me to distract me because he wants to get on the computer.:rolleyes:
Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #111  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I am not overly impressed with this catalog. First I wish they had not taken out the "recipe page" at the end for all of the sample cards in the catalog. I really enjoyed that in all the previous cattys. I don't like any of the hostress sets and only a few of the new sets. I do how ever love the new DSP's.

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #112  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am really underwhelmed with the new stamp sets, only ones I'm going to get are; Branch Out and Totally Tabs. Some of the new sets are great but I have sets and stamps that are very similar to these. I feel the new stamps don't reflect what is cutting edge in stamping and are not innovative. The good news is that I still want to get Lovely as a Tree, Embrace Life and Doodle This. Don't mean to be rude but the Hostess sets are 'lame', I would think that SU would want these to be inticing to attract people to hold a workshop. There isn't anything in the SAB catalog either, again I have stamps similar to these. Boy, am I a whiner! I love many of the items in the Decor Elements catalog and will most likely purchase the new Long Stem Silhouette (how unique) and Life is Good from the old catalog. Most likely I will like alot of the new DSP as I always have in the past. I really need to see them first in-person before buying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #113  
Matboard Maniac

I miss the card recipe pages. I love to look at what colors, stamps, accessories were used, especially when I can't quite make it out, and they didn't have it in the catty this time. Bummer!

Smile. no one knows what you're really thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #114  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find the list of supplies on the SU! site available for download in two versions.

This version has text and photos:
http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...n_Supplies.pdf

This version has text only for faster downloading:
http://www.stampinup.com/us/document..._text_only.pdf

The thought behind removing the index was that it gave SU! more room to add more product, so there is an upside to it. ;) They decided to provide the file online for those who still would like to have it to reference. HTH!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #115  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a new stamper and I didn't like the catalog at all. There aren't any sample ideas I really liked. And for me being new to the product I'd like to see better examples of how to put things together. They just lacked pizzaz
in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #116  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieBrownView Post

ITA. Perhaps the pre-release build-up on SCS may contribute to people feeling more let down...expectation is the mother of disappointment, after all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

I was very disappointed in the hostess sets....only one I like.
DP is very good, accessories (courderoy buttons/striped ribbon/shaped brads/punches) are great.
Stamp sets....eh. I'm needing some humor...just a little sassiness....I know that's not really SU's "niche", but I think they need to lighten up a little and not be so serious with their stamp sets.
Wasn't thrilled with anything in the SAB mini, either....last SAB, I loved everything.
I miss having the Christmas stamp sets to look at/plan during the summer, which is when I make my Christmas cards (I'm a teacher).
Despite all that, I totalled my wish list and it came to $300. I still love the cs colors (HATE the whole in-color idea, refuse to buy any of it) and inks. The ease of color coordination is what really keeps me coming back to SU, and the fact that I just don't like the feel of unmounted/acrylic stamps.
Gee, hard person to please, aren't I?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #118  
Crimping Master

JanTink

Thanks for the link to the supplies list, I just printed it off. It's been bugging me, didn't think I used it much but every time I have turned around I have wanted to know something. It is now with my catty. Thanks again!

Pamela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

IMO there are a few sets of stamps I want but not as many as in the past. I agree there are too many flower sets. I do love some of the papers. Just beautiful. Some of the accessories are nice but too pricy for what you get. I will still buy several things. The SAB catty is disappointing to me. Oh well they can't please all the people all the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #120  
Rubber Obsessor

Regardless of my initial impression of this catalog or any other, I have found that when I go back the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, I see possibilities that I did not see upon my first glance. I have learned to delay judgment at least until the next new catalog comes out.
Reply With Quote Likes