Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2005, 04:14 PM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default really soon

I'm filling out my paperwork now. Still deciding on my sets as I have most of the suggested ones. And now I'm changing my color choices because of the "retiring" ones. But I'll be one of you all soon!!!

Nancy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April Demo

I am also filling out my paperwork tonight. I changed a couple of sets and am now stuck on deciding three of the stamp pads and which set of cardstock to go with. I am thinking of EE and then picking some classic pads from EE as well. Though I want a few of RR too. I hate these decisions. I WANT IT ALL!!!! ;o)
When we make an order after we sign up we get an initial (first time) 30% off, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I signed up!!! There was a delay in shipping my kit, so I should get it on Monday!! I'll be placing my first order sometime next week. I'm so excited. Any the rest of you newbies going to convention in July?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

New Demo, but I've been stamping forever! I'm official as of 4/5.
I can't wait for the new colors. I'm kindof bummed that my brand new chalks don't have the new colors. but I have a friend who's waiting to have a party in July to get the new colors! 1st party!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Talking

Yeah! Got my kit yesterday! Although waiting for some back ordered items... Anxious to start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am sending my paperwork in on Monday. I would have done it already but I can't make up my mind about what sets I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 05:48 PM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile One more newbie

Is there room for one more new demo? Sent my paperwork in on the 1st and got my kit earlier this week. I have scheduled an open house for April 23rd. I am so excited to see how this new adventure goes. Good luck to everyone! I know we are going to be successful - we have so many great cheerleaders here cheering us on!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #48  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_McBurnett
I signed up!!! There was a delay in shipping my kit, so I should get it on Monday!! I'll be placing my first order sometime next week. I'm so excited. Any the rest of you newbies going to convention in July?
This is the only reason I signed up to be a demo initially . I was invited by a friend who is a demo, but if I went as a guest I couldn't do anything but go to the awards nights. But since I have signed up ( a week or so ago ) my mom has recruited me to teach all of her nursing friends to make cards. That was an added bonus. I'm still waiting for my kit but I've been tracking the progress everyday/hour/minute and it looks like it should get to me by Mon or Tues. I can hardly wait. I don't even remember what stamp sets I got LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2005, 05:27 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too!!! I got my kit in the mail on Monday. My 22 month old ds claimed the stamp sets - I had to be sneaky to get them back!!! lol I'd decited to join a few days before the special came to press, so I'm glad that I'd waited the extra couple days to send the paper work in!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

Does anyone know what the discount is for the Canadians? And is it true, that our first order, as a demo, has a 30% discount rather than the regular 20%?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Canadian discount

For Canadians, the discount is 20%, and yes, it's true that your first order is 30%.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Me! I signed up and can't wait for my kit!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by swild19
I may be signing up by the end of the month. Does that count??
Tee hee, me too....hence the quote.

BTW, I've been away for a few days. What's up with the new colors? Is there anywhere we can see them (or at least a list)?

Hey! I'm now an Embossing Fanatic!

Last edited by kamuelamom; 04-17-2005 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 03:42 AM   #54  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

well don't forget May 15th you will be able to order the new ink pads and cardstock colors!! That has to go on a demonstrator order but it will count towards your minimums
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just received my demo number on Friday I am now just waiting for my kit!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Question

I really wanted to sign up this month to take advantage of the awesome $30 off special, but I have had so much going on lately that I have decided to wait a few months. :(

Can anyone tell me if the $30 off special is usually only offered once a year or does SU! offer it again later in the year? I was thinking that if they offer it again in October or November I would LOVE to sign up then. Any input? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:24 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Last year they only offered it in April.. I don't know about any years before that...

Wish I had better news for you..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

Shucks, I thought they might offer it again in the Fall when people were saving their money for Christmas and they were short on new recruits! Oh well, I guess I will just have to cough up the extra $30 and call myself happy! Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:32 AM   #59  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuelamom
Tee hee, me too....hence the quote.

BTW, I've been away for a few days. What's up with the new colors? Is there anywhere we can see them (or at least a list)?
Once you get your demo # and can access the SU demo website go to the communications link. There you will find the May issue of Stampin Success and can view it online.... the new colors are pictured in there!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=Katie*B]I really wanted to sign up this month to take advantage of the awesome $30 off special, but I have had so much going on lately that I have decided to wait a few months. :( QUOTE]

Hey! You do you that if you were to sign-up now you have six months to meet your first $300 goal. My offial date was 4/4 so I have six months from that date to have $300 in sales. (I only signed up to be a hobby demo and I think I'm going to meet the $300 with my first order. ;) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #61  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_McBurnett
Hey! You do you that if you were to sign-up now you have six months to meet your first $300 goal. My offial date was 4/4 so I have six months from that date to have $300 in sales. (I only signed up to be a hobby demo and I think I'm going to meet the $300 with my first order. )
Kristen - I signed up 4/1 and will meet that first minimum with my first order, too.

I don't know whether or not this is the place to write this but would any of you April newbies be interested in doing a card or 6x6 swap after the new catties come out? I'll be glad to be the hostess. Great way for us newbies to have samples for our customers.
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

Kristen,

My demo said that if I signed up now I would have to place my first order by the end of the next quarter (August). If I actually had six months (until October) that might work out fine.

Besides meeting the first deadline, I have an issue with signing up now and getting catalogs that will be outdated in a few months. I would also be highly frustrated if I got stamp sets in my starter kit and then they were discontinued with the new catalog and I could not even demo them anymore. UGH! I have already read the thread about the new colors and already marked the old ones off my list so I would not order them by mistake.

For the others who have signed up this month, what deadline date were you given to place your first order? THANKS!!

[QUOTE=K_McBurnett]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie*B
I really wanted to sign up this month to take advantage of the awesome $30 off special, but I have had so much going on lately that I have decided to wait a few months. :( QUOTE]

Hey! You do you that if you were to sign-up now you have six months to meet your first $300 goal. My offial date was 4/4 so I have six months from that date to have $300 in sales. (I only signed up to be a hobby demo and I think I'm going to meet the $300 with my first order. ;) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #63  
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=Katie*B]Kristen,

My demo said that if I signed up now I would have to place my first order by the end of the next quarter (August). If I actually had six months (until October) that might work out fine.

Besides meeting the first deadline, I have an issue with signing up now and getting catalogs that will be outdated in a few months. I would also be highly frustrated if I got stamp sets in my starter kit and then they were discontinued with the new catalog and I could not even demo them anymore. UGH! I have already read the thread about the new colors and already marked the old ones off my list so I would not order them by mistake.

For the others who have signed up this month, what deadline date were you given to place your first order? THANKS!!

I'm not sure where your demo is getting her info but I was told that quarters are Jan-Mar, Apr-June, July-Sept, Oct-Dec. If that's the case and you sign up in April, you should have till the end of Sept to do your $300. Then it goes to just 3 months to do your $300.(Oct-Dec.) If you wait till July you'd have till the end of Dec. and so on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

Location: It's a fairy tale world I live in and I'm the Queen!

I am signing up TODAY! Woo Hoo! After finding this site and reading what people had to say about SU!, I decided to take the plunge, too!!! I have been a VERY good customer of my demo for about two and half years now and decided to take advantage of the discount on the kit and the 20% on orders. Right now, I just plan on being a hobby demo, BUT it could work into more than that if that's what is supposed to happen.

I have many, many sets already so this is what I chose for my kit:

Let's Party
Fresh Flowers
Tags & More
Botanicals
Perfect Party
Blossoms & Bugs wheel

So glad I didn't go ahead and order a few days before I got the email from my demo about the retiring colors. I would have ordered the positively pink craft pad! Yes, I will have to order the new colors and cardstock, but hey, I want all of the colors so that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

I am also getting the Stampin' Memories Add-On kit as well. I just had another baby girl so I am also getting the 6 x 6 brag book geared toward that.

I am SO excited to be joining you all and having SCS as a great source inspiration and comraderie and support! Thanks for being here!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 09:42 AM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

Me too... is anyone counting? LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie*B
Humm...maybe what your demo ment to tell you is that if your first order is placed with 45 after your start date, you get 30% off. As far as getting cattys that are getting ready to go out of date, thats true. BUT SU! offers a 40% off your first supply order as long as it's made with 6 months of you signing up. I'm going to use that to order the new cattys. I figured that I'd use the old ones that I'm getting to help drum up business by loaning them to potental customers. If they place an order of $30 or more, they can keep the catty. I'll be out the $$ for the cattys, but they won't be in my way (since we're remodeling storage is a major issue. I should own Rubbermaid with as many totes and I've gotten over the years!), and it might help to get and keep potental customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #67  
Kookie Creator

Smile April Demos

I just signed on the dotted line this morning! Have been thinking about it for a while, and had decided that this year would be the year. Probably would have waited until after new cattys if not for this deal. I'm just GREEN with envy for those who already received their kits! lol

Good Luck to All of Us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #68  
Glitter Queen

I'd be interested in a card swap. Just let me know when. Here's my email [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 06:31 AM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

Hello Everyone! I was curious... since we're all gonna be new, would y'all be interested in doing a swap. I don't know about the rest of you, but I could really use some samples to have at workshops. I figured that if we all helped each other out, we'd have plenty of samples and get to know each other a little better. Lemme know what ya think! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

Where'd everybody go???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 02:38 PM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Kristen I would love to participate in a swap.

I have never held a swap so if noone else wants to head it up then I might be interested in doing that. I will post a new thread to see if there is enough interest.
Thanks and blessings,
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

I'm more than willing to host, I just wanted to make sure there was going to be enough interest before I posted. Also, had everyone made it to the demo forum yet? If so, I'll post the swap there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hi Kristen!!

I went ahead and posted a message under New Demos is anyone interested?
I am sorry about that. I didn't mean to step on your toes. I would love it if you hosted a swap, and if you need any help please I would love to help you out whether it's posting reminders or whatever. Just let me know. sorry to jump the gun a little bit. I just got excited. Forgive me....
Anyway I will see if I can change my post a bit...
Blessings,
Jennifer
PS
I do not have me demonstrator number and many may not have it yet so I wouldn't be able to see the post in the demos' forum, and others might not either yet anyway.
Thanks Kristen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #74  
Kookie Creator

I signed up last week (hobby demo). Yippee.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

I started April 1st. I was going to do it anyway but the sale made the wait even sweeter! I have my first show tomorrow night ( Friday). Wish me well!

Just Clay, Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 PM   #76  
Stampin' Fool

Best of Luck!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I'm official!

My kit arrived last week and I've torn into it, mounted all my sets and am roaring to put my first order in for the 30%. I may do a special and a sort of "make and take" workshop, offering discounts and playing the hostess for my first order.

How does one access the demos only forum here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #78  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

you need to go to the User CP on the blue bar on top of the threads, hit group memberships, on the list you will see SU Demonstrators... hit join group and wait for them to tell you how to join!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #79  
Mad Swapper

I received my kit last week and have been doing nothing but stamping, organizing and prepping for my first TWO ws's on 5/23 and 5/24. I hope I don't forget to do anything...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 12:25 PM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

Default Great First Quarter

I also joined in April and made the top 10 sales list for our entire area group during my first quarter and am on target to do it again this quarter. I'm very excited about being an SU! demonstrator.

Sandi Dornhecker
[email protected]
http://www.sandistamps.stampinup.net
Visit my gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes