Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Neenah Solar white vs every other white

I bought samples of solar white in every weight. My craft room is such a mess I do not know which paper is the samples. Does anyone have a sample of the solar white compared to say Michaels 110 white card and could post a picture. I have a stack of that and it looks so yellow, off white to me, but then I do not know what I am comparing it to! I just want a really white cardstock. And a clean craft room. Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 514 Likes on 230 Posts

I have cheap white cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, and Stampin' Up! white cardstock. I keep mine straight by saving a quarter sheet of each and writing on it which one it is. Have to do that right away though so there's something to compare to.

The other thing I have that has been a boon is the Neenah Classic Crest Swatchbook. I got one from my paper supplier, but you can purchase one here:

CLASSIC CREST® Swatchbook - Neenah Paper
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

Good tip, Diane; thanks for the link. I have PTI white, SU Whisper White in both weights and Neenah Solar White in 80#. I find I can stamp on the Neenah and use the SU thick for a base and they're pretty close in shade.. I think the Recollections 110# has a decided gray cast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2019, 11:44 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 735 Likes on 357 Posts

Oh boy...I have to be SO careful with that or I get all screwed up too! I put it in a plastic envelope to keep it straight if it isnt a lot. Keeps it clean too.

I agree that Michaels 110 is not as bright as neenah or other brands. I use it all the time though as a work horse. I just did a lot of swatching and used it for that. That kind of thing. Ok for a base if you are putting a colored top layer on it so you are not matching whites. You could also do some color blending on it so it does not go to waste
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Michael’s is current.....as in Made in China, try folding as a card. It’s horrible. That will distinguish itself from Neenah....Not to mention the White is just bad.
I used to like the Michael’s 110#. They dropped the quality when switching to China.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I have cheap white cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, and Stampin' Up! white cardstock. I keep mine straight by saving a quarter sheet of each and writing on it which one it is. Have to do that right away though so there's something to compare to.

The other thing I have that has been a boon is the Neenah Classic Crest Swatchbook. I got one from my paper supplier, but you can purchase one here:

CLASSIC CREST® Swatchbook - Neenah Paper

Ditto, it contains the entire Classic Crest line with different textures and colors. Sample sheets can also be ordered, unless something has changed. They are free, but but shipping isn’t cheap since they’re extremely large sheets more used by companies to test for printing of their written materials.

Photos can be tough since different cameras and monitors/screens can show colors differently.

(Neenah in the Solar White color comes in a different lines. Classic Crest is the high quality line. Exact Index is sold in big box stores, not the same.)
Reply With Quote Likes