Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #1  
kcd
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Some Ideas - Mom and Me Event

I'm relatively new to SCS, so I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right forum. I do have a question and I know that all of you creative people can help me out. I'm doing a SU workshop for a mom and me event. Does anyone have any suggestions of ideas that would suit a mom and me event? The kids there range in age from 4 to 12. I am trying to make this fun and minimize disaster. The 4 year old probably will not actually participate in the actual making of projects. Help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

stampendous makes adorable clear pails (look like paint cans but are see through). you can see them at www.stampendous.com (I think that is right) www.stamponthis.com or www.eclecticpaperie.com they also make stamps designed for the tops of these cans. lots of cute ideas and would be perfect for a moms and me thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I have done something like this a couple of times (I am NOT a SU demo, this was just for fun!) I suggest you get a couple of wheels out and some paper bags, the kids wheel a bag first to put all of their other stuff inside! Candy toppers are really easy, you precut them and they stamp them and put the candy inside them. I have even had the kids make the candy (with Wilton molds and those drops of melted chocolate in different colors,) but this might be too labor intensive for you! A couple of simple cards are nice, too. Bookmarks are always a big hit, too!

Other suggestions: DON'T USE SU'S Basic Black (or basic brown), it is waterproof and won't come out of their clothing! If you must use a black, use a water soluable kid's pad. We used going gray and one of the browns. Tell the moms to dress their kids in play clothes, not nice clothes! You can also stamp some scenes to be colored in with basic black or brown and have a selection for them to choose to color themselves.

Whatever stamps you choose, don't get out too many different colors for them, or they will muddy your stamp pads! I tried hard to have certain stamps stay on the corresponding ink pad as much as possible! Borrow extra scrubbers or use paper towels if you need to. My kids in the older range now (9 and 12) and do an excellent job keeping the stamps clean, but they didn't when they were 4 and 7! Good luck, it should be lots of fun. I keep getting asked to do this again and again, so should plan one for Easter!

Another note, if money is tight for you, you can ask the Moms to pitch in with a little money to help cover the costs of the cardstock. Have fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

You could make a mini calender and have stations set up for each month. You could punch holes in the paper and tie the pages together with ribbon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #5  
kcd
Cardstock Collector

Smile Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I'll see what I can put together now that I have an idea or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I think today's tutorial for squash books would be cool - if it wereme, I'd cut/score all of the pieces and they'd just put it together. I'd charge a fee for attending because that's a lot of supplies but it would be a really cool piece for them. They could bring their own photos and complete it there or just create a book to fill in later.

I liked the bookmark idea - you could also get those 2 x 4 avery labels (there's 6-8 on a sheet) and they could stamp bookplates for their books too.
Reply With Quote Likes