Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas for Grad school friend

I want to make up a care package for a friend of mine who is going through some serious studying for her doctorate. She is in her mid 20's and has had no time to do any stamping lately due to all the studying she has had to do. So what should I do to cheer her up?

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm not working on my Doctorate, yet, but my last semester of undergrad is killing me. Right now, if I could wave my magic wand, I would have someone come over and put my house in order. I've had to put my blinders on to the chaos around me so I can study. (Why am I here then???)

Ok, that's a little over the top, next I would wish someone to send me food. Specifically, I would wish for a freezer full of dinners for my family but if your friend is in her mid-20's in grad school, she probably doesn't have one.

Alright, goody package ideas.... gourmet coffee, hot chocolate, or yummy fruit juices. Something scrumcious. New slippers. Fruit. Ben & Jerry's.

You probably wanted stamping related ideas.... a really nice card to let her know you're thinking of her, a card package with cards, addresses, envelopes, and stamps all together in case she ever finds a free moment to send a card to someone else, an inspiring picture in a picture frame.

I don't know if any of these random thoughts have helped. I just needed a homework break.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Ooh, BTDT. It's so tough. You just can't study nonstop or you'll kill yourself... What about a DVD of her favorite movie or TV show for when she's taking a break? Anything that would make her feel pampered and loved. Chocolate never hurts either. Maybe bring over some new stamping stuff and let her play for an hour? I'm sure you'll think of something perfect. Good luck to her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I guess since you are looking for something stamping related, you could always create little projects for her and store them in a one-gallon ziploc baggie.

Like you can cut out all the items needed for a Halloween card, stamp the goodies on there, pretty much get everything cut out and done for her so all she has to do is glue/tape it all together. (does that make sense?)

If she scrapbooks, cut out a couple items needed to scrap a page and put that into a baggie for her.

So when she does get the time, she can pull out one baggie and put the project together in little time (because you already did the hard part of cutting/stamping everything) giving her the right amount of time for a great stress reliever!

It was just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Any gift in grad school makes you SUPER happy. A nice card would be great. A little set to give to other stressed out people would be fun too. Anything pampering is wonderful. At a stamp camp we made little containers of bath salts in pop top cans. It was really cute. Maybe you could do a little spa theme for her and stamp stuff on the packaging. Some of those chocolate nuggets go a long way to a happy break.

Good luck!
Kate

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Thanks so much, your ideas are awesome! I may see what I can do to get one of those clear paint cans, decorate it and then put some popcorn, chocolate, a cute card to go with it. I am going to try and make some cookies with the kids this weekend so maybe she would appreciate that.

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Does she have a Starbucks near by? A gift card would be cool. She could go there for a couple of hours and study. And of course she will need the caffeine!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

You are such a terrific friend! Honestly, she will love anything you wish to give her! I drank a lot of tea when in graduate school (I am not a coffee drinker,) so that is another idea, an assortment of tea bags. She will be completely thrilled with whatever you decide to send her, though! I did have room in my office to put up special cards, calenders, etc. so any handmade thing like that she should be able to display, too. Chocolate, candy or treats will always be appreciated, as well as simple meal ideas. You never have enough time to eat properly it seems when you are under so much pressure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Bookmarkers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Default I forgot my favorite care package when I was in grad school

I friend sent me a gift box of things from the past. All random stuff like candy and cookies from when we were kids. I think there were twinkies of all things in there. There were bubbles. There were random toys. None of the stuff was expensive, but it was a riot. complete stress relief.

Kate

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes