Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious: views and comments!

Hi,
I was looking at the thread with cards that have no comments (good idea, as many of them were fab and I put them in my fave files....still have to do my comments on them).

But I was thinking of my sister....she started uploading recently and gets tons of views and comments. Not that she shouldn't, cause many of her kids are really great! But she will be the first to admit that there are many other great cards out there. So why her and not others?? It is a mystery to me! (But secretly, I'm proud of my sis getting those views and comments).

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sheesh, my do we not have an edit button! That was "many of her CARDS are great" Although, her kids are great too!!!Must have been thinking of them as I wrote that.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

May or may not be relevant, just one theory...

I think a contributing factor is the time of day you upload. I generally don't have time to go through more than 3-4 pages (48 cards per page) of new uploads, so for those who don't hit my timeframe, I don't see them. For example, if you upload early in the morning, those pictures have moved off the first few pages by the time I get to the gallery in the afternoon. If your card is uploaded during the peak viewing hours on SCS, then more people have a chance to see and comment.

I know lots of great cards go unnoticed merely because they're not in the "right place at the right time" when many of us are going through the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

LOL @ many of her kids being really great ... does that mean that there are some of the many who are NOT great?? I knew what you meant as soon as I read it, but that made me chuckle!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I go through the gallery one day at a time. I usually search for and comment on the cards that use sets that I either have or that are on my list. If I put a card in my favorites, I try to comment on it also. It may be the set she uses. If it's not a set that is popular, that may be a reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #6  
Hot Mess

I rarely comment on stuff in the gallery anymore because people were complaining about comments people were leaving. If I think a card is cute, I would post Cute card but apparently, that isn't good enough for some so I rarely comment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Propecia, that's too bad some have made you feel that way. What's wrong with people?! I'd take a "cute card" any day without complaining. Sometimes that's all I have time for, and that should be good enough for anyone. I'd say keep posting! I think most people would appreciate any comment, no matter how brief.[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidill
Hi,
I was looking at the thread with cards that have no comments (good idea, as many of them were fab and I put them in my fave files....still have to do my comments on them).

But I was thinking of my sister....she started uploading recently and gets tons of views and comments. Not that she shouldn't, cause many of her kids are really great! But she will be the first to admit that there are many other great cards out there. So why her and not others?? It is a mystery to me! (But secretly, I'm proud of my sis getting those views and comments).

Something else to take to consideration.
There are people that just go to the Gallery and look.
I think mostly they are quest looking for ideas. And can not leave a comment.

I have a few friends from some of my Yahoo groups that I'm in. And they come here for the ideas.
But since they are interested in joining up they just look at the gallery. And Case away.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Like everyone else, I LOVE to get comments on my cards----and, I appreciate any comment made---the fact that someone takes the time to look at my cards and say something about them gives me such a great feeling! I do know that until I got DSL and was stuck with my super-slow dial up, I left far fewer comments...just another thing to consider! :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #10  
Vee
Glitter Guru

AND.....It is so hard to know what a person is going to classify as a negative comment! Personally, I *try* to say something both positive and specific, but if I can only think of "cute card" or "nice job" I am less likely to post as the card prolly has several of those type.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I lurked here for MONTHS before actually signing up in order to leave comments in the gallery... I probably looked at literally thousands of cards, but wasn't able to comment until I took the plunge and registered. Now I have a tiny galery of my own, and am THRILLED with any and all comments, but sometimes it's just knowing that over 100 people looked at something that makes my day. I figure if it interested them enough to click on it, then it's "good enough" for this gallery, KWIM?

However I would appreciate a few quick "cute card" 's thrown in there as well! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Propecia, I'm sorry others made you feel bad! I appreciate the time everyone takes to look at one of my cards, let alone comment on them. If I am feeling down or insecure, I will often go back and read the really nice things that others have said about my card.
So anyone who leaves a "cute card" comment on someone else's card, please know that people like me really appreciate them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #13  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by propecia
I rarely comment on stuff in the gallery anymore because people were complaining about comments people were leaving. If I think a card is cute, I would post Cute card but apparently, that isn't good enough for some so I rarely comment!

:( That is sad. Any comment made about a card should be good enough!

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I comment when I have time. Sometimes I am brief - other times specific. I enjoy getting comments on my cards. It does not matter how brief it is. The other day someone commented on a couple of my older cards - it brightened my day! So my opinion - post - as short or long as you like - I think the majority would agree any comment is appreciated = so post away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I remember when that happened. It floored me that people would complain about one word posts! I was very guilty of that kind of posting. But when I took the time to look at a card and comment on it, if I said it was cute or pretty, that was ment as a compliment. I kind of felt like you, that maybe I shouldn't post much anymore. It took me forever to get up the nerve to start my tiny gallery ( hope it will grow) but I so appreciate ANY comment be it one word or ten words. Most people on this site are so kind! I agree with others here that if it is uploaded in the morning by the time I can sit down to look at the new additions I do miss cards even when I look at 48 to a page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I am one who likes ANY size comment on my cards and other things in my gallery. I also seem to get many more views than comments, but, oh, well, I guess at LEAST people are taking a closer look at them!

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

I love all comments!!!!

I think a lot of cards that get comments are people that are well known here on SCS... they've been around a long time and/or they post a lot!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotflash
I remember when that happened. It floored me that people would complain about one word posts! I was very guilty of that kind of posting. But when I took the time to look at a card and comment on it, if I said it was cute or pretty, that was ment as a compliment. I kind of felt like you, that maybe I shouldn't post much anymore. It took me forever to get up the nerve to start my tiny gallery ( hope it will grow) but I so appreciate ANY comment be it one word or ten words. Most people on this site are so kind! I agree with others here that if it is uploaded in the morning by the time I can sit down to look at the new additions I do miss cards even when I look at 48 to a page.
hey hotflash (aka Nancy) your gallery is the bomb - totally love your cards!!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotflash
I was very guilty of that kind of posting.
Please do not feel that you have been guilty of anything. I do not believe that there should be any guilt about leaving a one or two word comment. Most of us are very busy yet still find the time to look through the gallery on a regular basis. A quick comment that express appreciation for someone's effort should be taken in the same spirit it is given. I will continue to leave comments like "very cute", "love the colors", and even "wow" if that is all the time I have in that moment.

I also believe that the majority of those with galleries here appreciate any comment, no matter how brief.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Crimanently!! Now there are rules about compliments? So did the complainers tell us exactly how many words are acceptable? We should know these things, otherwise we're likely to offend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
Propecia, I'm sorry others made you feel bad! I appreciate the time everyone takes to look at one of my cards, let alone comment on them. If I am feeling down or insecure, I will often go back and read the really nice things that others have said about my card.
So anyone who leaves a "cute card" comment on someone else's card, please know that people like me really appreciate them.
Nicely said, and I too appreciate any comments on my meagre little gallery.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

propecia - I think you commented on one of my cards one time and I think I danced around the room for hours! Personally I would prefer that people make a one or two word comment than absolutely nothing on my work. I, on purpose now, find things that only have a couple of comments because I know how a comment can just make a person's day!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

I appreciate any comments on my cards. One or two words or more it doesn't matter. I get giddy when I get a comment. I am trying to get better at leaving comments and most of mine are one or two words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
hey hotflash (aka Nancy) your gallery is the bomb - totally love your cards!!!!
Wow, thank you so much! That means a lot to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think if someone takes a moment to say, "nice" "cute" or "good job" that it's enough.

More input is a thrill... but any kind of validation makes you feel good.

I think lots of cards get litlte or no feedback because the photos are not all that great. Another reason is that it's not one of the more popular sets. I know that sets using Roses in Winter for example (a VERY popular set) gets way more looks (and in return feedback) than say... a seldom used set that was discontinued back in 2001 etc.

Tiffany

Check out my current work at ScrapsaDaisy Designs

Every Monday is Daisy Day!

The Daisy Patch.. my SCS Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #26  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

*waving my hand- pick me* I will take your cute card comments any day!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

I love any comments too ... "cute card" rocks!!!!!! I take that as a compliment, someone liked MY card!!!!!!! That is sad, some people living for complaining and finding fault in everything. Everyone is welcome to post "cute card" on any of my cards!!!! I'll even take just the word "cute"!!!!! LOL ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrieflanagan
Like everyone else, I LOVE to get comments on my cards----and, I appreciate any comment made---the fact that someone takes the time to look at my cards and say something about them gives me such a great feeling! I do know that until I got DSL and was stuck with my super-slow dial up, I left far fewer comments...just another thing to consider! :0)
This is sooo my problem. Dialup makes it so slow that it is virtually PAINFUL to try and comment. I would comment all of the time if it was faster, but I stil try and comment as much as possible because I really appreciate any and all comments that I get.

Pamm
Reply With Quote Likes