Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Very first ever!

On Saturday, I went to my very first ever card class, well, I think that's what it was called :rolleyes: LOL! We made 2 each of 5 card designs. OMG I haven't ever had that much fun! I got to use some of the new stamp sets and do I just love them to pieces! I have always stamped by myself here in the office so stamping with other people was quite a change for me. I don't have any friends who stamp either, frankly, my friends think it is a dumb hobby, I always hear 'Ya know, you can just go to wal-mart and buy one for way cheaper than all that stuff you buy' *gasp!* They just don't get it I guess. Makes me wonder if the cards I make them end up in the garbage...no, on second thought I don't want to think about that bc if they do end up in the trash I'd be crushed.

My little gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 07:41 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

i am so glad you had a good time and enjoyed it. don't let your friends put you down, i have a few family members who think i am nuts...but that's ok...i still make them home made cards...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

So glad you had fun....I'm a lone stamper,too!!!! I used to have a couple of friends who stamped,but one decided she preferred making jewelry and the other one decided she preferred to spend her free time with men!!(Go figure!!!). I'm almost positive that all my cards I send to people end up in the trash...unless I send them to another stamper!! The "other" people just don't get it!! Even my family members think making cards is stupid.When I dedicated a whole room in my house to stamping they really thought I had lost my mind!!But, I have found that I enjoy stamping by myself...I get more done that way. (I have two dogs laying on my feet..so I'm really not alone!).And I have to have my TV on.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonbutterfly
Makes me wonder if the cards I make them end up in the garbage...no, on second thought I don't want to think about that bc if they do end up in the trash I'd be crushed.
I just looked at your gallery and I'd be coveting any card you sent me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I was a lone stamper for a long time before I decided to switch demos and go with someone closer. She actually HAS a stamp club each month at her house and we all get together, stamp, gab, eat, and order stuff. I love it!

I do stamp alone most of the time with the assistance of two cats who think they are helping...I just let them think that.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Some people just don't get it...in a lot of cases for the card maker it's the process as much as the end result that gives pleasure. Glad you had a good time at the card class. They can be fun and a way to learn new techniques. They also give you an opportunity to be with others who enjoy this hobby too. Hope you get to attend others.

Visited your gallery; you've made some real cute things...anyone would be happy to receive them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Sounds like you had fun, Tammy! Whatever negative stuff those friends say...just let it fall on deaf ears...just ignore it. I find that some of my friends just don't get it and I don't think they are trying to be rude, they just REALLY DON'T GET IT! They can't understand how I can spend so much time and money on something so "frivolous" (in their eyes). Mind you...I do spend a lot more time with my scrappy friends because the DO GET ME! and we just have a lot of fun together so I don't see as much of my non-scrappy friends mostly because we don't have much in common anymore IYKWIM.

As long as you're having fun...that's all that matters. Going to classes, coming online with all of us...there's lots of support from all of us who do get you!
Reply With Quote Likes