Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, as I scrolled down the search page in eBay I found there are many other sets available for less than $16.95. But at least you can get them fairly cheap.

Kimberly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
I have always been anti-unmounted stamps until I decided to take the plunge and try it myself. I'm sure you have seen my posts in the past 2 weeks asking a zillion questions. Well, here is the verdict.............
I tried the unmounted thing many moons ago. Maybe, what, ten years ago? I didn't like it at all. I can't even remember how I did it. It wasn't with the velcro stuff -- maybe double-sided tape?? I had unmounted a zillion stamps and then just decided I didn't like. I sold all of those stamps on eBay (also way back in time). But... the EZ Mount (vinyl cling) way is just so simple to use. I need to find one of those rotary CD holders. I bought some of the CD crates from Michael's, but I don't know if I really like them. My DH has some wall mountable CD holders that I think I am going to confiscate. He doesn't use any of those CDs all that often so I'm thinking he might be able to use the wood crates I bought. :rolleyes: I wonder what I could do with my stamp cabinet? Once I've converted all of my stamps to unmounted, the cabinets will be empty. I suppose I can use it still for storage for something.

Kimberly

PS. I still vote that SU should make their stamps available with the cushon and wood mounts or without (just rubber). Granted with the vinyl cling would be even better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm confused why you guys are spending $4 a sheet on EZMount when the SU! stamps already come on cushion??? I guess I don't see the reason to pay more for something I already have on my stamps...

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #44  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
I bought some of the CD crates from Michael's, but I don't know if I really like them. My DH has some wall mountable CD holders that I think I am going to confiscate.
IKEA makes some really nice and inexpensive wall mount CD holders.

Thanks for the link to the acrylic blocks, Kimberly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #45  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scraps
I guess I'm confused why you guys are spending $4 a sheet on EZMount when the SU! stamps already come on cushion??? I guess I don't see the reason to pay more for something I already have on my stamps...
You take them off the wood. That is where the bulky part comes in. It took me a few years to even look into this system. You are a new SU demo so it would not really benefit you right now. I'm completely in this for myself and everything is MINE!!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
That's really a bummer. I just did a search on eBay for "acrylic blocks" and found an auction for a six block set for only $16.99. Click here. I think these are the blocks that I purchased. They work great!

Kimberly
I got 3 sets here and they were REALLY cheap. They work great. They are the same as the TAC ones but not as nice as the CTMH ones. They aren't very bulky which I actually like. www.rubberstampingdepot.com

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scraps
In my opinion the EZ Mount system is the best for the cling. I've tried other vinyl cling stuck to just the SU cushion and it doesn't stick nearly as well. The EZ Mounted stamps stick to virtually any plastic surface and stay there -- no falling off. I only paid $3.15 for my sheets because I bought them in sets of 10. Since I only want to mount them once with vinyl cling, I figured that I might as well use what I like. Honestly, I would pay $10 for a sheet of EZ Mount versus a free sheet of plain clear vinyl cling. That's how much I like it. ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I know this has been asked, but what are all of you doing with your wood blocks?
Jac-ee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkKitty
I know this has been asked, but what are all of you doing with your wood blocks?Jac-ee
A lot of people sell woodblocks on here or ebay. I have heard of some using them for projects with their kids, painting building blocks etc. Some have donated them to preschools etc. Just a few ideas I have heard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I've just been tossing them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

I've never used the EZMount so I just don't get it...but I've been using the Tack It Over and Over and it seems to work fine. To each his own I guess....

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #52  
Crimping Master

I personaly use them for my exotic bird. I have a blue front amazon parrot that totally chews them up and loves it. So, if you have a friend that has an exoctic bird then give to them or use them to start a fire.

Just my two cents.

Inky Huggz,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #53  
Crimping Master

RE: Shattered acrylic blocks- Sorry about your loss....
I just purchased some blocks from TAC (the Angel Company) and was very pleased with the price... although they aren't soft on the edges like the ones I've seen at Michaels... However, I got a variety of about 5 or 6 blocks in various sizes for around $15. That sure beat the Michael's price of $17 or so for one cute block with wavy and smooth edges. I also realized that we can purchase these plexiglass blocks from the hardware store... but I don't think the guys down there will appreciate my request for a couple of 1 inch by 1 inch blocks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

RE: unmounting- do we need a solvent like Undo?
You know, I ran out to get a bottle, but it still sits on my desk with the receipt taped to it... AND I've had NO trouble pulling the adhesive right off all my older stamp sets... I've even done okay with pulling off the adhesive foam from my new stamp sets which are a ton stickier. When I decided to go unmounted- I read the ad by the Static Cling people (you know the guys who have a big ad in Rubber Stamper Magazine). The ad said that we shouldn't microwave them nor use any solvents.... and we should just stick them with remnants of sticky stuff and all right onto the adhesive side of the static cling. Anyway, seems to be working great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

CD cases vs. plastic pages in binders?
When I bought my static cling, I bought those plastic sheets to keep my clingy unmounted stamps on in a 3-ring binder... but after admiring those pictures of those organized CD cases... golly I think I have CD case envy! So I guess I get to sell the plastic pages I just got! Unless someone out there lurking and reading these posts has another idea?

Also- Thank you to the person who gave the idea to make an index by category! Gonna have to do that for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #56  
Crimping Master

Default Re: Shattered Acrylic

I am very sorry to tell you that you will have to replace the acrylic, I was really bummed when I was going to a stamping retreat and picked a friend up from the airport and when she got out there to put her luggage in my truck, I opened the back door and well you guessed all of my acrylic fell on the tar. Arghhhh. So I had a background stamp acrylic that got a chip in it and when I asked my husband if he could fix it, he said that he could but it would no longer be that big. The problem with the shatter is that your stamp does not sit level and you may not get a perfect print with your stamp.

The nice thing is that my husband cuts my acrylic for my business and so therefore, he can cut it to any size that I ask. When I asked him about the stuff you can get at the hardware store he told me it would be fine for a little while but it too will get scratches and in the long I would not like it. So. . . . .

I am very sorry to hear that you shattered your acrylic. I keep all of my acrylic in a plastic pencil box that you can get at Office Max or Target for $1.00. The fit perfectly in there.

Inky Huggz,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocForHelp
When I bought my static cling, I bought those plastic sheets to keep my clingy unmounted stamps on in a 3-ring binder... but after admiring those pictures of those organized CD cases... golly I think I have CD case envy! So I guess I get to sell the plastic pages I just got! Unless someone out there lurking and reading these posts has another idea?
I have both too. I think I'm going to use both... I have a lot of stamps that aren't SU and had previously stored them in my big stamp cabinet with each drawer labeled by category (snowmen, flowers, thank you, birthday, Stamps by Judith, dogs, bears, cats, etc.). Right now, my plan is to use the plastic sheets to keep those stamps organized still by their category. (I think.) Thank goodness I'm female and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Also- Thank you to the person who gave the idea to make an index by category! Gonna have to do that for sure!

Save your pages for your wheels-if you plan to unmount them. I love my wheels that way but they are too long for a CD case. I have mine on a page protector that has some cardstock in it. It's pretty floppy so I may have to put some cardboard in there.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Makani, when I was using mostly unmounted, I kept them in a HUGE binder in plastic page protectors. I really found it to be such a pain...the pages sagged, the plastic sometimes ripped....it was probably that more than anything that kept me from using them much, lol! Silly, I know.

Shortly before I took a hiatus from stamping, I had planned on getting a case or two of cd holders. That was almost 5 years ago, lol! Maybe I'll still get around to it one of these days...

There are plenty of uses for page protectors, though. Indexes of your stamp sets. Templates, including brass embossing templates. Printed instructions for projects, or pictures of ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Having done both the page thing and the CD cases, I can tell you that I find the cases much easier to organize, they last forever, and they are easier to access. CD cases hands down is my choice.

People must be unmounting at the rate of speed. Locally, I used to be able to get EZ mount from several sources. They are always sold out lately and one of the stores say they have shipments sold within days of receiving the EZ mount. I have also found it backordered frequently at a couple of online sites that many here use.

One more note--blocks do not have to be expensive and inkyantics has so many unique options for UM fans. My SU demo gives acrylic blocks as door prizes at stamp clubs and workshops and even does a mini tutorial for those who want to stay after to learn to UM. Since she has over 1000 SU sets she was forced to go this way. Since we stamp in her stamping room we saw the beauty of this system in a very real way!! When we get our sets we donate the unused blocks to a pre-school that appreciates them very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #61  
Crimping Master

:-D Wow that is great that you donate the blocks to a daycare I bet they love them. More importantly I could only imagine having over a 1000 stamp sets. How else would you keep track of them? Good for her and see she still has SU sets. Cudos to your SU rep. :-D :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #62  
Mad Swapper

I am so proud of you! I love UM's! I "discovered" them about 4 years ago, maybe 5. And I haven't used a WM'd stamp since! And I have wasted much less paper. LOL! I hated trying to line up stamps and do the shadow stamping. And I LOVE trimming them way close! Yeah, haven't looked back since trying the um's! LOVE it! I actually have 100 sets on my wall in an area about 16" x 20". Can't do that with wm's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #63  
Crimping Master

Default Okay- I found a hard to unmount set...

Funny- since I went gungho tonight.... using the 50 cd cases I bought today at Fry's, I unmounted and remounted with Cling about a dozen sets. And I finally came to a set where I met my match on the super stickiness. I opened up the Undo and decided I hate that stuff. Seemed like smelly gasoline... So I switched to good old rubbing alcohol and had a reasonable amount of success. I'm thinking I'm gonna do the microwave sin in the morning on the remaining half unmounted- too sticky stamps I just didn't have the energy to tackle tonight. But in general, I have been simply pulling the rubber right off the adhesive and then sticking my Cling adhesive right over any residue on the back of the rubber.

Quote:

RE: unmounting- do we need a solvent like Undo?
You know, I ran out to get a bottle, but it still sits on my desk with the receipt taped to it... AND I've had NO trouble pulling the adhesive right off all my older stamp sets... I've even done okay with pulling off the adhesive foam from my new stamp sets which are a ton stickier. When I decided to go unmounted- I read the ad by the Static Cling people (you know the guys who have a big ad in Rubber Stamper Magazine). The ad said that we shouldn't microwave them nor use any solvents.... and we should just stick them with remnants of sticky stuff and all right onto the adhesive side of the static cling. Anyway, seems to be working great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #64  
Kookie Creator

I just began unmounting and I've done a couple of different things. First thing I did was use the window cling on my brand new sets. It seemed easy enough, but after the fact, I found out that you have to replace the vinyl window cling every couple of years, probably because it dries out or something.

So then I seperated the rubber from the foam mount and used some of the EZ Mount. That works well and good, but it sure can be pricey.

So now I'm just peeling the rubber/foam off the wooden blocks and using whatever stickiness is left over to stick to the acrylic blocks.

HOWEVER - most of the time, nearly all the stickiness is left on the wooden blocks. How are y'all removing the sticky residue from the wooden blocks?

Also, I've picked up some of the Aleen's Tack it Over and Over. That looks like it will work for the stamps that have the foam intact,with no stickiness.

Are you removing the sticky residue from the foam, if you're leaving the foam attached to the rubber?

Any tips/tricks not mentioned would be fantastic!!!

Thanks...

Will work for stamps! My Gallery!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #65  
Kookie Creator

Also - what do you do with brand new sets? Do you remove the sticky foam and mount the rubber on ez-mount? Is there a way to dull the stickyness of the new sets so that they will lightly stick to the acrylic blocks?

- Marie

Will work for stamps! My Gallery!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by moprica
I just began unmounting and I've done a couple of different things. First thing I did was use the window cling on my brand new sets. It seemed easy enough, but after the fact, I found out that you have to replace the vinyl window cling every couple of years, probably because it dries out or something.

So then I seperated the rubber from the foam mount and used some of the EZ Mount. That works well and good, but it sure can be pricey.

So now I'm just peeling the rubber/foam off the wooden blocks and using whatever stickiness is left over to stick to the acrylic blocks.

HOWEVER - most of the time, nearly all the stickiness is left on the wooden blocks. How are y'all removing the sticky residue from the wooden blocks?

Also, I've picked up some of the Aleen's Tack it Over and Over. That looks like it will work for the stamps that have the foam intact,with no stickiness.

Are you removing the sticky residue from the foam, if you're leaving the foam attached to the rubber?

Thanks...
I had thought about using the Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue (and even bought some) but then I thought about it more and more.... I have a cat AND my stamping room is carpeted. If I were to drop the UM stamp, it would be beyond covered with either cat fur or carpet fibers. Probably more with the carpet fibers because I do vacuum. ;) I also had used the TIOO glue on the foam and then stuck it to the vinyl cling (not the EZ Mount stuff). But I switched that over the EZ Mount too. Even though it does cost a little more at first, I think that once it is done.. you won't have to do anything else with it.

I don't save the wood blocks at all..... I know some folks sell them on eBay, etc. I just toss mine. (Shame on me for not recycling some how.) Although with the last few sets that I ordered (eBay or from a long distance party), I asked if they could just ship the stamps without the blocks. Saves $$ in shipping and maybe the other person could use the blocks.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Also - what do you do with brand new sets? Do you remove the sticky foam and mount the rubber on ez-mount? Is there a way to dull the stickyness of the new sets so that they will lightly stick to the acrylic blocks?

- Marie
I remove the rubber from the foam and stick it on the EZ Mount foam.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #68  
Crimping Master

Smile What I remove, what I leave

Quote:

Thanks...
I've been the UNmounting Queen today. I've got 23 sets done!!! wooo oooh.
I just wanted to clarify how I've been doing it and to give y'all an update.

Old stamps- the foam and adhesive generally are older and drier and I simply pull the rubber off the foam.... leaving the foam on the wooden block. The rubber sometimes has a residue, but no lumps of the foam's adhesive on it. I retrim the rubber and then stick it on the Static Cling Mounting Foam (saw ad in Rubber Stamper- their website is www.rubberstampingdepot.com. Cost was $22 for 5 sheets of 8 1/2 x 14 inch.) So that means my rubber now has fresh new foam and a cling side to use on my acrylic block.

New stamps- like the sweet Stampin Up Simply Said I just got- I do the same thing with reasonably little difficulty.

Stamps about a year old- these seem the stickiest... SU maybe used a more sticky adhesive?? anyway, these are the ones that have remnants of the foam stuck on them. I am either just rubbing them over and over or using Rubbing alcohol to remove this lumpiness.

As for the Blocks- I have two bags- brand new wooden blocks that came with my newest sets that I suppose I will sell or give to a daycare to play with. The other bag is full of gooey blocks that I don't know what I will do with... I am a recycling fanatic... but the trashcan is appearing very simple and attractive as this bag is growing.

Hope these tips help someone have as lovely as a time as I have had UNmounting!!!

Ta Ta for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

Acrylic Blocks Search Update-

I just checked the www.rubberstampingdepot.com website and found that they also have acrylic blocks- in sets ranging from 13.99 to 5.99. They aren't the nice soft edge kind though- just the basic block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #70  
Crimping Master

Smile Organizing + Labeling the UM stamps

So... I didn't go as far as numbering my sets- although I expect if I had 1000 stamps or was that sets???? I would... but I did a color coding system. I bought a box of colored sharpies (don't ask why I didn't just use my SU pens?? (duh)... ) and here is my system-
On a thin label to stick on the edge of the CD case, I write the name of the stamp set, the manufacturer and the year.
Eg. Simply Said, SU 2006 (in pink- see below why)

Then here are my colors:
Pink pen- flowers
Orange pen- animals
Red pen- hearts, love
Blue pen- Ocean/beach/etc
Black pen- alphabet/number sets
Purple pen- Words
Green pen- Nature ('cept flowers)
Coral pen (or is it salmon)- backgrounds/frames
Teal pen- other
I bet there will be more colors.... but that will unfold as it will.

Then on my shelf- I have my CD cases all organized by color!

As for the LABEL or the INDEX of the stamps-
I take the stickers off the stamps I am unmounting (or straight from the new sheet in the case of new stamps) and stick them to a sheet of white paper that is cut to fit in the side of the CD case that holds the CD liner. Then I quickly make a copy of it on my cheapie HP copier/scanner/printer and glue the two together- so I have an index on the outside of the case and on the inside of the case so I can see where to stick the stamps back in the case.

LOVE IT!

Oh, and for my words (which I tend to stamp upside down), I used my sharpie and put a "UP" and an up-arrow on the cling foam side that I can see through the acrylic block!

REALLY LOVE IT!!

My second organization plan is to take a picture of each CD case label and then print out an index and keep it in a 3-ring binder next to my Stamp catalogs.

Gotta go... my goal is to get another 12-20 sets done tonight... whoo ooh. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 AM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

I've bought all of my EZ Mount via eBay from this seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Simple-Treasures-Collage

I buy it in the 10 sheet quantities for $31.50 so that it figures out to $3.15 per sheet. Definitely worth it because most likely you'll need them all anyhow. (I've actually now ordered three sets of 10 from this seller.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 AM   #72  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Oh, and for my words (which I tend to stamp upside down), I used my sharpie and put a "UP" and an up-arrow on the cling foam side that I can see through the acrylic block! :-D
That is a really good idea! I might have to borrow that! A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a good "Happy Birthday" stamp. All of my non-SU stamps are currently residing on one of the EZ Mount binder sheets. I couldn't figure out what most of them were saying... well... SOMEONE had put them on the sheet upside down! Once I figured that out, it wasn't so bad. Backwards I can do. Upside down AND backwards, well... that's a whole other story. ;)

Sounds like you have been VERY busy!! Congrats on getting so many sets done!!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Robyn, where did you get the foam for mounting? I might try this. My stamp room is so small, I could definitely use the extra room for some of my sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 06:51 AM   #74  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylou
Hey Robyn, where did you get the foam for mounting? I might try this. My stamp room is so small, I could definitely use the extra room for some of my sets.
Hi Amy!

I got it from www.cornishheritagefarms.com. It is on and 8x10 sheet and is $3.49 per sheet. They were on sale last week but not this week. You get free shipping with orders over $25. I love it! Remember that I am not demoing anymore so I don't have to keep any on wood blocks.

Have fun with it!!
Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Kim, if you were to stamp the image with stazon on the Ez mount stuff, it would still stick right? I'm thinking about doing this- care to try this method out for me and let me know how it works? (I dont have an ez mount yet)

Marie, if you really want to keep the SU cushion (and not do the EZ mount or grafix window cling) you might consider putting the TIOO on one side of your block. I liked having 1 or 2 sticky blocks instead of lots of sticky stamps. You could even put the TIO on a wooden block to see how you like using that method.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkas
Kim, if you were to stamp the image with stazon on the Ez mount stuff, it would still stick right? I'm thinking about doing this- care to try this method out for me and let me know how it works? (I dont have an ez mount yet.
I think I read on another link that someone does this. Personally, I don't think I would do it because it would take too much effort to stamp the vinyl side and then try to get the rubber part stuck just right on the other side (and you can't see through the cushion). I'd be more frustrated than anything.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #77  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejo
I have also started unmounting my stamps and am loving it. I have some cling that I bought at Michael's and also tried the Aleene's Tack It Over & Over. The TIOO is very messy, but works well. The cling has worked well and I will probably use that for mounting new stamps. My favorite hint that I have read is using a repositionable glue stick. I love that when I have unmounted stamps. It is less time consuming that the cling and less time consuming, as well as less messy that the TIO&O.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these threads. I have found the hints very helpful.
What kind of cling did you buy at Michael's and where in the store??....I am interested. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #78  
Stampin' Fool

Its called Grafix window cling sheets. They come in a multicolor pack and I found mine near the childrens craft area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #79  
Insane Embellisher

I bought an alphabet set at a craft store and I hated the outcome, and found out it was due to no foam on the back. So, unmounting has me kinda leary. But, after reading the tons of posts recently, Im thinking of trying the EZ foam stuff and unmounting 1 of my stamps. I try to keep my stamp collection to a min, cause I want to use what I have without being overwhelmed, but would love some more storage for other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkas
Kim, if you were to stamp the image with stazon on the Ez mount stuff, it would still stick right? I'm thinking about doing this- care to try this method out for me and let me know how it works? (I dont have an ez mount yet)

Marie, if you really want to keep the SU cushion (and not do the EZ mount or grafix window cling) you might consider putting the TIOO on one side of your block. I liked having 1 or 2 sticky blocks instead of lots of sticky stamps. You could even put the TIO on a wooden block to see how you like using that method.
I ALWAYS! do this! I love that I have the image on the back. I take the cling, cling side up, and lay it on my table. Then I use my Palette inks (you can NOT heat set this!) to ink the UNCUT rubber. I lay that on top of the cling and rub it to stamp the sheet onto the cling. Let it dry. Then find an edge or part where it is easy to line the pieces up when you are ready to assemble them. It may not be lined up exact (you get better after a few times). But having the image on there makes a HUGE difference in lining things up! PM me if I made no sense! Kind of going on a lack of sleep today!
Reply With Quote Likes