Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first trip to Hobby Lobby!!!!

What an awesome place and why did I wait so long to make the trip. It's not all that far from home....40 miles to Fort Bragg/Fayetteville. I could have stayed in there all day. :p

The Spellbinders were on sale at 30% off but they were all gone. I have alot of the sets so I really didn't need anything. I just wanted to see them stocked on the shelves of a REAL STORE. LOL!!

I got so excited I almost lost my breath when I saw the Copic Sketch markers. I was perusing the pencils when lo and behold I spotted the Copics. Be still my heart!! LOL I wanted to get the Lipstick Red marker sooooo bad but I just couldn't spend $6.49 for a sketch marker when I can get the Ciao online for $3.95. I just love the looks of the sketch Copic.

I got some Imaginisce Itty Bitty Blossoms....just the size I've been looking for. The selection was amazing. Got a stamp, some designer paper and a paper distresser for .99...glad I didn't buy the $15.95 one at Stampin Up.

The prices are GREAT..Oh and they even had a good selection of House Mouse stamps.

bye bye Michaels...I have found a new love. LOL!!!
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Sounds like you had fun!.I'd love to go to one sometime-if I had plenty of splurge money.Haven't even seen one.
Maybe some time they'll arrive in New England.(wish....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Hobby Lobby, too. I went to one I've never gone to today and got some Nestie squares for 30% off and used my 40% coupon on a Cuttlebug embossing folder with die cut messages---I've not seen that before! Yesterday I used a Michael's 40% coupon and got some new Cuttlebug B plates. I broke one trying to use my other new Nesties. Ah, the coupon frenzy...love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheckView Post
What an awesome place and why did I wait so long to make the trip. It's not all that far from home....40 miles to Fort Bragg/Fayetteville. I could have stayed in there all day. :p

The Spellbinders were on sale at 30% off but they were all gone. I have alot of the sets so I really didn't need anything. I just wanted to see them stocked on the shelves of a REAL STORE. LOL!!

I got so excited I almost lost my breath when I saw the Copic Sketch markers. I was perusing the pencils when lo and behold I spotted the Copics. Be still my heart!! LOL I wanted to get the Lipstick Red marker sooooo bad but I just couldn't spend $6.49 for a sketch marker when I can get the Ciao online for $3.95. I just love the looks of the sketch Copic.

I got some Imaginisce Itty Bitty Blossoms....just the size I've been looking for. The selection was amazing. Got a stamp, some designer paper and a paper distresser for .99...glad I didn't buy the $15.95 one at Stampin Up.

The prices are GREAT..Oh and they even had a good selection of House Mouse stamps.

bye bye Michaels...I have found a new love. LOL!!!
Glad you had such a great time. I'm so fortunate that Hobby Lobby was started right in my city, so we have 5 of their stores within easy driving distance of me. (Or maybe that's not such a good thing.)

If you get to go again, remember that you can go to their website and print off coupons. They usually have them every other week.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I love Hobby Lobby too. I love having that coupon but I don't like that the closest one is an hour away then I can only use one coupon. It wasn't such a big deal when i was in college and driving back and forth everyday I could use a coupon every day ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I fortunately/unfortunately have a Hobby Lobby about 5 minutes from my house. I try not go go very often, but I find myself there more weeks than not. Not only do they have great paper crafting things, I buy lots of supplies for Cub Scouts and Bible class there as well.

I'm glad you had a great trip!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I'll be going to my first Hoby Lobby at the end of the month. I'm so excited!!! They don't take competitor coupons, do they???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Luv Shih Tzus Luv Stamping

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hobby Lobby near me did not take competitor coupons, but when I had asked and was surprised that they didn't, the manager decided to honor it anyway. So, the point is it never hurts to ask where you are.

I personally like Hobby Lobby better than Michaels and Joanns because they seem more like independent stores with kind people more willing to help than at the bigger chain places. I guess it's all what you get use to and some of the experiences you have had there. I can't help but to smile in H.L. and often feel like engaging in conversation with others when there. Enjoy your trip there. Register on line and watch for the 40% off coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Sounds like a wonderful trip! HL does put the Copics on sale. I just bought a few a couple of weeks ago, and when they aren't on sale, you can use the coupon on them.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes