Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first (and only?) order from the SU! fall/winter catty

I had to save my stamping budget for a few months so I could place one large order, and I had time to see everyone's lovely creations and better decide what I really wanted.

I've decided not to buy the "in-colors" this time.
I still haven't made up my mind on the patterned paper. Why do I need this?
My SIL owns All Holidays and Wonderful Favorites, so I don't need to buy them at this time.

Here's my order:
109463 Merry Merry $24
109449 Just Soccer $13
109290 Garden Whimsy $24
109232 Winds of Grace $20
109260 Priceless $26
109403 Baroque Motifs $26
109523 Define Your Life $48
109042 Photo Corners $16
109188 Fairy Tale Ribbon $13 (OVER-PRICED!?!)
109029 Bashful Blue grosgrain $5 (has this been found elsewhere for less?)

Have I forgotten something that coordinates and I'll regret not having when I sit down to play?

Here are some (there are really so many more) cards that I like:
SC139 - CC129 Whimsy Thoughts by kimluk at Splitcoaststampers
Dazzling Garden by lauralea39 at Splitcoaststampers
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Garden Whimsy - My 2007 Convention Swap by Ruthiemarykay at Splitcoaststampers
CC130 Groovy Artichokes by cmf1216 at Splitcoaststampers
PRICELESS BASIC GRAY & SOFT SKY by stampinat6213 at Splitcoaststampers
Just Because by nitestamper at Splitcoaststampers
Priceless Swap Card by nadine529 at Splitcoaststampers

Since I like the butterfly most in GW, should I just get priceless and use my budget to buy the patterned paper or more punches (the scalloped circle, for instance)?

Thanks for your help!
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Your list looks pretty close to perfect to me, I love all those sets
You will love the Fairy-Tale ribbon, it is gorgeous and it's more than you think once you get it. I havent even use 1/4 of it and I love it and have had it for a few weeks.
I would add the scallop punch since it is so stinkin' cute and I dont have it yet and I am dying for it.
I do love SU's patterned paper too and I have the western one and Le Jardin so far from this new catty and I love them both...
Have fun and I am so jealous of you getting Define Your Life, that is a must have and I havent gotten it...yet!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 AM   #3  
Mrs. Incredible

Good morning Leah!!

I use to feel the same way about pattern paper. However, I love all the samples I see using the dp and decided this year I was going to use more of it. I am loving combining stamping with the pretty dp!!

I made a point of buying all the dp that cordinates with the new sets I bought (wanted, baroque motifs, garden whimsy) with the exception of the cutie pie paper. I am using the sketch challenges to create cards using these sets and the dp. Lots of fun!!

I would buy the scallop circle!! It will be on my next order along with the cutie pie paper that I regret not getting on my last order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Don't forget - your order totals over $200 right now - so you would be entitled to hostess benefits on your order if you aren't ordering as part of someone elses workshop...so that would be at least $20 in free merchandise and a hostess set

Personally I love the designer paper and the fact everything is color coordinated...

Scallop punch is a MUST...love love love mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Since I like the butterfly most in GW, should I just get priceless and use my budget to buy the patterned paper or more punches (the scalloped circle, for instance)?

My opinion is if it were me I would buy Priceless and forego GW in order to buy some patterned paper and/or the scalloped circle punch, especially since it is the butterfly that you are wanting. The butterfly is similar and you can get the same look with the Priceless one which will then give you more $$ to put towards other items that will give you more variety. Maybe you can talk your sister into getting GW and then you can share sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I decided, in my order, to pick two out of Garden Whimsy, Priceless, and Baroque Motifs... just because they're all such similar styles, I'll most likely end up using one all the time and either forgetting the others or wishing I hadn't gotten all three when I get tired of that style. (Although I'm still having trouble deciding between Baroque Motifs and Garden Whimsy... I love the flourish in Baroque Motifs, but if I use the ones in Priceless instead, I can get all the cute bugs in Garden Whimsy.)

My little gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

be sure if your order is over 200, which it seems it is, order it as your own party, would kind of stink to lose all those hostess benefits and give them to someone else. Your list looks great
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for Garden Whimsey. I have never enjoyed a set more. It is so fun to create different looks and who doesn't like butterflies.

---------------------------------

Doris
Hampton VA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get Priceless! Then some of the wonderful Patterened Papers and a must is the Scslloped Punch! Use your ribbon money on another stamp or paper, get it with your Hostess bucks! Fairy Tale has some beautiful colors in it too!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really love the DP. Have you felt it? It's buttery smooth. And, since SU color coordinates everything, it's super easy to use on your cards. I think it's worth at least trying! And, you could get two packs with your $20 of free goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Stamp Sets - I have Garden Whimsy and just love it...look at my gallery, that shows it...I regret not having gotten Priceless yet but I will on my next order...I also have Baroque Motifs...this set is really versitile and can be used for many things, but I don't really use it as much I guess as I should...that flourish that's in there is fabulous though...it seems that Priceless goes better with Garden Whimsy...if you love Garden Whimsy, you should definately get that one and Priceless coordinates with it better than Baroque Motifs...

If you are trying to decide between the three...I would go with Whimsy and Priceless...in looking at all the cards you love, those are the two sets many of those cards use...as far as the grosgrain...you WILL NOT find better quality than Stampin' Up's so you should certainly get that...

DP - depends on your taste and style...I love it and have Baroque and will be ordering some "Uptown" and "Flowers for You" to go with my Garden Whimsy set. If you want more variety in your DP get one or two colors of the Prints DP - it is reversible and therefore more versitile...the DP is certainly worth the price...it's beautiful and versitile (esp the Prints patterns which come in so many colors it's easy to match it to something)

Punches - LOVE LOVE LOVE punches...so naturally I'll suggest those too...I'm ordering the scallop punch next round...

Designer ribbon - I have Theatre and Sherbet and just love them! Fairy Tale is next on my list!

In Colors - how could you not love them??? If you want to try them, you could always order a pack of the cardstock assortment (you'll never know what you are missing until you try them out! They are beautiful!)...I find that I am turning to the In Colors more than my other cardstock...but that's just me. I also have all the in color ribbon and ink pads and use them all the time, that's a purchase I certainly don't regret making!!!

Anyhow, just my thoughts and opinions on the matter...but you follow your heart! We're all stampin addicts around here and of course, love most everything Stampin' Up! so just go with your heart on it (with a little input from the rest of us...LOL) Happy Stampin! God Bless!

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

You gotta have the scalloped punch...so fun!!! And all the DP is fun and yummy, but I don't see it as a necessity! I find I hoard it anyway! LOL

My Blog - New!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I big into the SU patterned papers...
I will pair them with coordinating cardstock, so that I can throw in a little extra color, or go simpler with a stamp design. And a demo showed me how to make a "paper bow" that is VERY cute with the double sided papers. I feel like the patterned papers give me a chance to use less stamping & cardstock, but still have a very FULL, vibrant project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also putting together one bigger order and I'm pretty sure that the Baroque Background is going on my list. Not 100% on that, but I think it will make stunning one layer cards with not a huge amount of work. I see it as very versatile. Just one more thing to throw into the mix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow! What a great list! I manage a very budget with a single income for a family of 4, so I watch the bottom line closely. Personally, I mostly use non-SU DP. You can get smaller paper packs (6x6, 4x6, etc) from Basic Grey, K&Company for less. SU's DP coordinates with their paper and inks, but I find I can match my Basic Grey very easily -and as fast as the next new must have paper comes out, it works out great!

I spend my SU dollars on their awesome stamps, paper and inks!! I got my Bashful Blue grosgrain (and several others) from Heidi (Pinkhedgehog here on SCS). She sells 10 yards for $2! Can't beat the price. She has a great selection and I end up skipping all SU ribbon altogether, just too spendy.

Have a great time with your awesome order!! Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Wow! What great responses and encouragement from everyone. Steph, your gallery was great to look through.

You all have convinced me to add the scalloped punch to my order. Oh, and I'm definitely going to play hostess for myself and scoop on the bennies. Perhaps I'll get some of this great DP for free that everyone mentioned.

I'm still a little undecided on whether to get the three sets or just GW and Priceless. I'll let you know what I decide.
Leah SCS Member #38898
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I looked through the DP and I'm just not convinced I should buy any. Most use the "in-colors" which I've sworn to myself not to buy. Could you post a few cards that use DP?
Leah SCS Member #38898
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Buying one mixed package of 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the in-colors is a nice way to try them. You don't need the inkpads at this point, just use the paper as accents with the color families you already have. Example, pumpkin pie ink goes great with the new guava paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #19  
Inking Addict

Hi! I am LeahsCreations little sis. I helped her decide one thing... I already have Baroque Motifs so she does not need to get it. We can share! I love reading your advice thank you for helping her. She will be doing this as a show order. She will earn the free set and some money towards more fun stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Thank you everyone for your tips and advice! I ended up changing my order up just a bit, but with my sister's order, we got to the $300 level and I got to pick out $35 in free stuff. I only went over by 85 cents. Woohoo! Oh, and I was able to get the fairy tail ribbon free so I didn't feel like I was over-paying. I like that.
Leah SCS Member #38898
Reply With Quote Likes