Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My Digital Studio -

Any assistance I can get in the use of My Digital Studio is greatly appreciated.

here's my Story:
I purchased My Digital Studio and decided to do my Christmas card using it, so I could easily include photos on the card. Making the card was fun and interesting. My Digital Studio offers plenty of options and after reviewing some of the videos I found on line it went pretty smoothly. . . UNTIL I wanted to print. You can't seem to print the image low enough on the paper to make a card out of one sheet of paper. OK, fine - there is the option of having Stampin up do the printing. Figured I would try that. $2.95 a card! That seems a little steep!!!! After time, effort and postage that takes a big chunk out of the old Christmas budget. Alright though, now I'm curious, I'll place a small order and wrestle with my printer to product the rest of the cards.

Next dilemma - during the ordering process you need to select your demonstrator - the web site kept telling me she doesn't exist!!!!!! I know she does I ordered from her the other day!!! So I had to randomly select someone I know nothing about and I assume she will get credit for doing nothing. Now I will have to call Stampin up tomorrow and try to fix that.

All I wanted to do was economically produce a festive Christmas card - anyone know how to do that?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I understand your frustration. It is all in the printer settings and since everyone's printer is different the solution is different. Could you post what kind of printer you have and then maybe someone can help you? I don't think it will be me since I have to have my DH figure out stuff like that. But I do love the My Digital Studio and have had tons of fun making cards and pages to have printed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb&kkView Post
I understand your frustration. It is all in the printer settings and since everyone's printer is different the solution is different. Could you post what kind of printer you have and then maybe someone can help you? I don't think it will be me since I have to have my DH figure out stuff like that. But I do love the My Digital Studio and have had tons of fun making cards and pages to have printed.
My printer is an Epson Aculaser CX11NF.

I did move the card layout to Iphoto and word and was able to at least print two card fronts to a page and two card bodies to a page, which was a better use of card stock than the one per page MDS provided.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #4  
scrapperazzi

Beth, I have only used the professional printing but can you print preview and change the margins to print the cards?

Also, your demo may not have checked the option to be in the directory, get her to check her profile to see if she has opted into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Another option you can do is to export your card image as a JPG, then put it in Word (Or any other program), position it however you want on the page and print it out that way. You can do several to a page that way as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaphaView Post
Another option you can do is to export your card image as a JPG, then put it in Word (Or any other program), position it however you want on the page and print it out that way. You can do several to a page that way as well.
Thanks for the feedback, that is what I had ended up doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MewsinView Post
Beth, I have only used the professional printing but can you print preview and change the margins to print the cards?

Also, your demo may not have checked the option to be in the directory, get her to check her profile to see if she has opted into it.
Thanks for the info, I will check with her about the directory.

As for changing the margins, I may be doing something wrong, but it won't allow the margins to be reduced to zero in order to get two cards from one sheet. I'll keep trying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beth......I'm not sure I understood whether or not you are sure your demonstrator has a website. Not every one does. Mine does not, so I can't order via the internet, if I want her to get the credit.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If your demonstrator does not have a website, you can still order from her through the SU company site by selecting her. But she has to have opted in, and she also will get a smaller commission than if she had her own demonstrator website. She may not have filled out the referral policy form on the SU demo site to be listed on the demonstrator locator.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethvbView Post
Thanks for the info, I will check with her about the directory.

As for changing the margins, I may be doing something wrong, but it won't allow the margins to be reduced to zero in order to get two cards from one sheet. I'll keep trying.
Most printers are not able to do a full bleed all the way to the edge, and require at least a 1/4" margin for the mechanism inside to grab the paper and feed it through. Not familiar with your particular model, but could this be your problem?

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Most printers are not able to do a full bleed all the way to the edge, and require at least a 1/4" margin for the mechanism inside to grab the paper and feed it through. Not familiar with your particular model, but could this be your problem?

I made some cute Christmas cards too with MDS. I know my printer won't allow a margin of 0. I'll have to see if it still looks good with a .25" margin. Another option is to use the print service, but print the same page as page 1 and 3 and cut in half for 2 postcards. I have also made hybrid cards by printing an image and sentiment together, multiple times and then punching out and adding to my own colored cardstock. That saves a lot of ink.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks to everyone for the advice and assistance. I am moving along now! I used Iphoto to print two card fronts to a page and word to print the inside saying and the card base. I'm in the process of cutting and pasting right now. I'm sure there are other ways to print at home and I'll experiment as I go along. I also ordered from Stampin up just to get the full experience.

My guess is my demo isn't registered at the site, at the time I was ordering it was confusing but now I get it. Next time I'll know to select a register demo - say some one from splitcoast that I know is registered. Thanks again for all the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad you were able to figure out a solution that worked for you.

Yapha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

You may also want to try some place like Shutterfly or Costco. You can upload your jpeg file to a blank card template.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie StampsView Post
You may also want to try some place like Shutterfly or Costco. You can upload your jpeg file to a blank card template.
Thanks for the info Jamie. I might just check out Shutterfly. I have a gift card for there from my dogs visit to see Santa.
Reply With Quote Likes