Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default must.....not.....shop.....!

I have been browsing the gallery for ideas. I have been searching under the few SU sets that I own but I am coveting a million other sets that people are combining with them! I have been writing them all down. Unfortunatley my stamping budget is suspended! LOL! My dog has incurred some hefty vet expenses that we are paying off... I can hardly wait till I can shop for stamps again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's SO hard to be on this site and not get sucked into the buying frenzy. As soon as I get one item from my wish list, it is replaced with three or four more. Stay strong, my dear! Smooches to your dog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

OOh hugs for your doggie, poor thing. I hope that you don't mind me joining the chat as I am new here!
I use the gallery for the ideas too, I am new this year to card making and scrapbooking and need all the inspiration I can get!
As I am in Gibraltar, hanging off the bottom Spain, but technically Uk based, I can rarely get my hands on any Stampin' up products :( Its probably a good thing tho as I would spend so much... and thekids need to eat!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I hear you Kendra! This website has been hard on my budget!! I always want all the latest and greatest. I have had to watch what I spend lately but I'm having a really hard time. Right now I want all the new cuttlebug embossing folders. Maybe if I just buy one at a time.....

Hugs to your dog! I have two dogs and I feel your pain with the vet bills!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Isn't the talent here awesome? I love all the inspiration I get but at the same time, that durn wish list gets longer and longer instead of shorter. And the new catty isn't even out yet! :rolleyes:

Best wishes to your dog for quick healing. My little pup sends schnauzer tickles your way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

My wallet has been yelling OUCH ever since I started spending time here. On the other hand, I can see how the quality and variety of my cards have increased since I used this site for inspiration. I try to restrain myself; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. DH and I are going on vacation the end of Sept, so I need to save some money for the trip - just in case I see some stamping stuff to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I know exactly what you mean!

Is it wrong that I keep putting off having my hair cut in order to save some pennies for crafting goodies! My hair completely covers my eyes...I'm having to cilp it back all the time LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimesView Post

Is it wrong that I keep putting off having my hair cut in order to save some pennies for crafting goodies! My hair completely covers my eyes...I'm having to cilp it back all the time LOL!
LOL Spoken like a true craft-aholic!!!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! It's really hard to resist the temptation of buying more stuff...especially when so many talented people share their stuff here. Hope your dog is okay now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimesView Post

That is FUNNY! My hair-cut is on hold right now too.

Thanks for y'alls thoughts for my doggy! He is having a dental prophy on Thurs. He has severe periodontal disease so his dentals are always more $$$$ than a routine because he usually needs a lot of x-rays. A couple of weeks ago his face swelled up and the vet is suspiscious that he has an absess or a fractured tooth but he won't know until he gets in there and my dog needed to finnish a round of antibiotics before the dental. He may need to loose his upper-right molar. :( Poor dude. I HATE the dentist, I can't imagine it's any fun for him either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderdogsView Post
I have been browsing the gallery for ideas. I have been searching under the few SU sets that I own but I am coveting a million other sets that people are combining with them! I have been writing them all down. Unfortunatley my stamping budget is suspended! LOL! My dog has incurred some hefty vet expenses that we are paying off... I can hardly wait till I can shop for stamps again!
You could always ask your "new racin friends" if they have any of the sets you like and could possibly get some stamped images to play with. Just a thought! That is how I got some Bellas!

Sorry about the pup. My "baby" is 15. She has had a lot of health problems and we are having to have "the talk". :(
#24 Fan!
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I talked my hubby into both of us going on a diet....guess if we eat less I can buy more new stamps...lol...wishful thinking.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I'm on a serious budget cut right now, too... and still very tempted to sneak in the deal on Bic markers thanks to this site. I can not buy... I can not buy... ::sigh::

It helps me a lot to sign up for image swaps so I still have new images to play with without buying anything new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent thanks to SCS I guess that's the cost of all the inspiration I find here!

Hugs to your doggie!! My cat is diabetic, & the poor thing also has awful teeth. He's lost a few here & there (& I'm lucky enough to find them in his food dish ~~ ewwww) & his last dental appt cost me a fortune, since they had to pull yet another. What we do for our furbabies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Puppy hugs to your pooch!

I just started at the beginning of summer, and my demo said she spent $100 a month on stamps. At the time I thought, "Who would spend $100 a month on stamps?"

Now I think, "She must have some strong willpower!!" ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your doggie ~ one of ours is nearly 14 and not doing so well either. We've spent nearly $700.00 in her vet bills in the past 2 months. It adds way up indeed, but how do you not spend it :( on them. There are some nice deals though on the BST if you are lucky enough to catch them

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Saving $$s ???

For all of you who are interested in saving some of your hard earned money, take a look at this pseudo challenge thread. Lynn's idea is to use each one of the sets that you already own, make one card and post a picture. Then Heather came up with the idea of CASEing a card that you really like, but using a set that you have on hand, instead of yearning for the set the original stamper used.
The two ideas work really well together. Not sure if I will ever use every stamp I own on a card. Most are not in sets, just singles from Ebay grab bags. But I'm going to make a start anyway.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 AM   #18  
Inking Addict

My demo started a (SU) stamp club where we make 2 cards/month with her and buy a minimum of $25 worth of product. We each get to be "hostess" one of the months so we get the freebies. It has helped me budget better and I prioritize.
I also host a stamp marathon every other wk and friends come and we share stamps and ideas. It's great when someone makes an awesome card as we all scramble to copy it. My home is open from 9-4 and people come when they want and stay as long as they can. They bring their own lunch so it's really easy for me.
For me 80% of the fun of stamping/scrapping is the camaraderie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinchampinView Post
You could always ask your "new racin friends" if they have any of the sets you like and could possibly get some stamped images to play with. Just a thought! That is how I got some Bellas!

Sorry about the pup. My "baby" is 15. She has had a lot of health problems and we are having to have "the talk". :(
Nicole, you are so sweet! Angela/monkeymama offered the same thing and I already took her up on it... you might be hearing from me too! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
For all of you who are interested in saving some of your hard earned money, take a look at this pseudo challenge thread. Lynn's idea is to use each one of the sets that you already own, make one card and post a picture. Then Heather came up with the idea of CASEing a card that you really like, but using a set that you have on hand, instead of yearning for the set the original stamper used.
The two ideas work really well together. Not sure if I will ever use every stamp I own on a card. Most are not in sets, just singles from Ebay grab bags. But I'm going to make a start anyway.

That is a great idea... I have seen some things in the gallery and I think "I could do that with another set too."

The other day (maybe the same day I posted this thread) I started posting in the Get It Together forum with a buch of Colorado ladies so I hope we do some get togethers soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs to you and your four-legged baby! I feel your pain- my dog has allergies and skin problems and most recently she had neck problems and couldn't lift her head. Everytime I get a bonus or get ahead, something happens to the poor girl and she has to go to the vet. I really want to play the lottery, but I am scared if I win she might need major surgery or something.

Right now I am selling some of my old sets to get $ for new stuff. But once I clean out the ones that aren't "my style" (ones I bought when I first started and didn't know what my style was) I am going to force myself to use what I have on hand and focus my $ on cardstock, new colors, accessories, etc. There's no reason why I can't make more than one or two projects with a set, right? :rolleyes: Yeah- I need to work on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryLC05View Post
Right now I am selling some of my old sets to get $ for new stuff. But once I clean out the ones that aren't "my style" (ones I bought when I first started and didn't know what my style was) I am going to force myself to use what I have on hand and focus my $ on cardstock, new colors, accessories, etc. There's no reason why I can't make more than one or two projects with a set, right? :rolleyes: Yeah- I need to work on that.
DEFINATELY! I also need more ink colors too! That would give me SO much more variety!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

I get a bonus from work tomorrow, and let's just say it's all going to Stampin' Up!. Horrible, isn't it?

I'm drooling over so many stamp sets, and I really need to invest in markers in the earth colors. Random, but I want the Owl Together stamp set, and I know that involves a lot of coloring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

As much as I am drooling to get my new catalog, I too, I would take care of my furry child first. Hope he/she is well. Kisses and hugs. Speaking of our critters. My cat needed his teeth cleaned. The vet wanted 778.00. Wrong!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegtoView Post
My cat needed his teeth cleaned. The vet wanted 778.00. Wrong!!!
Are you kidding me?

The other week I came home from work, and our kitties smelled very minty. Come to find out my husband invested in cat toothbrushes and toothpaste. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #26  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderdogsView Post
DEFINATELY! I also need more ink colors too! That would give me SO much more variety!
I don't know what if any, the prices will be for the ink pads, paper and markers, but when I got started years ago, I bought one color scheme (ink pad, cardstock and marker) at a time. That's a good way to build up your colors.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Off topic, I know, but I recommend CET Oral Hygiene Rinse for cats and dogs. Milo has a severe case, but CET helps a lot and my other dog's have had great success. I get it from my vet.

Last edited by wonderdogs; 08-06-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #28  
Montague Mingler

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Puppy hugs to your pooch!

I just started at the beginning of summer, and my demo said she spent $100 a month on stamps. At the time I thought, "Who would spend $100 a month on stamps?"

Now I think, "She must have some strong willpower!!" ;)
LOL! Sorry but this comment cracks me up!

Wonderdogs, I totally understand your situation. My stamping budget is very, very small and I streeeeeettttttccccccchhhhhhhhh it out as far as I can. But, sadly, it's the first thing to go when other expenses kick in!

Hope your doggy situation is paid up in no time so the belt loosens on the stamping funds!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #29  
Montague Mingler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane DView Post
My demo started a (SU) stamp club where we make 2 cards/month with her and buy a minimum of $25 worth of product. We each get to be "hostess" one of the months so we get the freebies. It has helped me budget better and I prioritize.
I also host a stamp marathon every other wk and friends come and we share stamps and ideas. It's great when someone makes an awesome card as we all scramble to copy it. My home is open from 9-4 and people come when they want and stay as long as they can. They bring their own lunch so it's really easy for me.
For me 80% of the fun of stamping/scrapping is the camaraderie.
We do a stamp club too but your stamp marathon sounds like a brilliant idea!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #30  
Montague Mingler

Kendra (wonderdogs), if there are particular images you would like, PM me. If I have them, I'd be more than happy to send you some! Look through my gallery for any you are interested in but I have bunches that I've never posted cards from. :oops:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

EVERYONE is so awesome for offering to stamp images for me, THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes