Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memories Mist

I just bought my first mists - 3 Memories Mist.

I am having blob problems. I get mostly a fine mist, but then here comes a blob or two to ruin everything. I have tried spraying on a paper towel first to make sure it is flowing smoothly. I have tried spraying with the bottle straight up and down. I've tried tilting the bottle. Nothing makes any difference.

Do you have any trick for keeping the spray misty, not blobby? I love the colors I got but now I hesitate to use them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I love memories mist and I use a lot of it and it does "blob" which I don't mind for how I use it. You can try holding the paper at arms lenghth and point the spray bottle straight at the paper, some of the blobs will fall onto your desk instead of the paper. You can also blot the blobs with a paper towel to lighten the effect.

You could also try tranfering the mist to a different fine mist spray bottle. I don't know if it will clog the spay head, but you could try.

take a look of some of Elaine Barr's vids on memories mist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoSIJLFJQY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes...I agree...try a different spray bottle.

From the demos I have seen using this stuff....i had thought it normal for it to pool occasionally. I do think it makes the end result really appealing.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

I also use memories mist with stencils using the Stamp Zia technique. Here is a project using MM with the Stamp zia technique.

The stamp zia mists are somewhat similar to MM but they are more transparent and the zia mists also blob every now and then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I will try holding the cardstock straight out when I am looking for a blobless look.

The lunar quilt is gorgeous. I've got a loooong way to go before I undertake something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmelliaView Post
Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I will try holding the cardstock straight out when I am looking for a blobless look.

The lunar quilt is gorgeous. I've got a loooong way to go before I undertake something like that.
It's incredibly easily - I took one of her classes at a retreat and I do it all the time. It's messy but the results are awesome. MM won't give you the exact results but you can still duplicate the look. You can make some awesome background papers. I have a whole stack from practicing.

If you want play, look at Zana Clark's technique here. It takes practice to learn what colors will blend well. Zana's textile treats(stencils) are here but I've used all kinds of things for a stencil, even real plastic stencils and of course, my brass stencils.

Just lay anything for a stencil (chipboard, plastic plants, odd shapes of plastic, etc) on a piece of watercolor paper or heavy cardstock and sptriz on your MM. Lift off the stencil and laydown another stencil and spritz with MM. You can add as many stencils or colors. I have trouble knowing when to stop because it's addicting.

Hint: You should wash the MM off the template as soon as you are done; I have a plastic tray filled with water and I just drop the template into the water until I'm ready to clean it.

Oh dear, this is a bit of a hijack. Sorry!! But I really like MM and have made some really cool stuff once I barnched out. I also have almost all the Stamp Zia's mists and the two work well together. But, I'm not recommending you go out and get a bunch of stuff. You can do amazing things with just a couple of MM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I have seen so many different techniques people have accompllished with the mists. I guess playing around to see what happens is the way to begin.
Reply With Quote Likes