Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The MEAN Manager at my LOCAL M-STORE...

I tell this with a chuckle---becuz one of my local M-Store seems to change their policy on a weekly basis when it comes to taking a coupon from JoAnn's.;)

AS I approach the Cashier with my J-Coupon for 50% (sometimes, they will JUST honor it at 40%..no biggie!)...well, the Cashier had to ask the MOD (Mgr on Duty) who stops by and INFORMS (in a VERY RUDE WAY!) me that BECAUSE so MANY CUSTOMERs CHOSE to argue about them accepting....

"THE" J-COUPON, that they WON'T even honor it at 40%!! (a few apples ruin it for the rest??? I dunno?)

Anyhow, THE MOD tells me that she WILL CALL ANOTHER M-STORE about this. (I hadn't even said a single word at this time--but, she was acting as if I personally INSISTED upon it...hey, I didn't need that TAKE TEN Magazine that badly). :p

Anyhow--the READER'S DIGEST version of this story:

The customer behind me gives me her 50% coupon from the M-Store that she got in the mail--she told me that she had MORE at home & didn't need it for her .50 spool of ribbon.

So here is MY THOUGHT--WHY does it MATTER who's coupon it was??? I ended up getting 50% OFF. I thought that MOD was just plain SILLY to be so upset about a COUPON....LOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They're all different, it seems. Some places accept "J" and "AC" coupons no matter what, some won't accept "internet" coupons.

My "M" store will give you the current M coupon discount whether you have a coupon or not (which is nice, since the "J" one I had with me was expired!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

My local M's will accept ACM's coupons ( I have not tried one from J's) but only the one that comes in the paper. They will not accept the printed ones from online. Even with the "renovation" of their papercrafting area, I much prefer AC M's and J's selections....Won't be going to M's any time in the near future....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The Michaels stores here just posted a notice at the registers that they will no longer accept internet or printed coupons from competitors. Only competitors' coupons from a newspaper!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

OMG do you shop at my M's?? I can go in there on Monday and use a J's, and Tuesday the SAME CASHIER will tell me no... then the next week she takes them again :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recall one time being told that I couldn't use a Joann's 50% off coupon during some big sale weekend or something. ??? Also, the Michael's in Grand Forks, ND will only let you use ONE coupon (competitor's or theirs) period. The Michael's in Fargo, ND will let a person use up to three different coupons (theirs, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby) on different items. Some times they have to ring each purchase up separately other times they will ring up the discounts in one transaction - like yesterday. I definitely prefer to shop at the Fargo store. The main cashier jokes with me that I should be able to tell any new cashiers how to ring in the competitor coupons, etc. (I rarely ever buy anything full price since it seems like there is always a coupon out there somewhere or I can wait for the next week.) They also do not take coupons printed from the internet.

Kimberly

PS. That was nice of the customer in line behind you to hand you her coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I recall one time being told that I couldn't use a Joann's 50% off coupon during some big sale weekend or something. ??? Also, the Michael's in Grand Forks, ND will only let you use ONE coupon (competitor's or theirs) period. The Michael's in Fargo, ND will let a person use up to three different coupons (theirs, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby) on different items. Some times they have to ring each purchase up separately other times they will ring up the discounts in one transaction - like yesterday. I definitely prefer to shop at the Fargo store. The main cashier jokes with me that I should be able to tell any new cashiers how to ring in the competitor coupons, etc. (I rarely ever buy anything full price since it seems like there is always a coupon out there somewhere or I can wait for the next week.) They also do not take coupons printed from the internet.

Kimberly

PS. That was nice of the customer in line behind you to hand you her coupon!
Wow!!! Nothing like that at my M's in PA....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Ha! I just had a similar issue on Thursday at M's in Santa Monica. I had a 50% off from Joann's that an M's employee gave me(nice lady). I was buying a Cuttlebug. The cashier called to have it brought up front. The ** manager brought it and then proceeded to tell me that I can't use that coupon or a Michaels coupon on the Cuttlebug because its a Cricut product! Uh, what?? I argued quite well and totally slammed him. I told him that I can read and there was nothing on the coupon that prohibited me from using it on a Cuttlebug. I told him that it wasn't a Cricut item. He stupid comeback was that we just don't take them. I walked out.
Then I left and came home to call the corporate office to ask what their policy. The nice customer service rep told me that I could use it no problem. So I called the store back to tell the manager that I was coming back in two hours to pick up my Cuttlebug and use my coupon. He said he'd call me back in 10. So 30 minutes later he called and claimed that he called the corp office to get approval to let me have it at 40% off. (*edited*) He didn't do jack! I went back to the same cashier and used my 50% off and told her that her manager was wrong and an idiot. She laughed and was very nice.
I suggest that you all go to the M's website and get their phone number and put it in your cell phone. If you run into a problem, call from the store. I have zero tolerance for managers who don't even know their own policies. Then, you need to email AND call to complain about the issue so it can get forwarded to the general and district managers. Don't take any crap from these people.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-24-2007 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa HannantView Post
Ha! I just had a similar issue on Thursday at M's in Santa Monica. I had a 50% off from Joann's that an M's employee gave me(nice lady). I was buying a Cuttlebug. The cashier called to have it brought up front. The(*edited*)manager brought it and then proceeded to tell me that I can't use that coupon or a Michaels coupon on the Cuttlebug because its a Cricut product! Uh, what?? I argued quite well and totally slammed him. I told him that I can read and there was nothing on the coupon that prohibited me from using it on a Cuttlebug. I told him that it wasn't a Cricut item. He stupid comeback was that we just don't take them. I walked out.
Then I left and came home to call the corporate office to ask what their policy. The nice customer service rep told me that I could use it no problem. So I called the store back to tell the manager that I was coming back in two hours to pick up my Cuttlebug and use my coupon. He said he'd call me back in 10. So 30 minutes later he called and claimed that he called the corp office to get approval to let me have it at 40% off. (*edited*) He didn't do jack! I went back to the same cashier and used my 50% off and told her that her manager was wrong and an idiot. She laughed and was very nice.
I suggest that you all go to the M's website and get their phone number and put it in your cell phone. If you run into a problem, call from the store. I have zero tolerance for managers who don't even know their own policies. Then, you need to email AND call to complain about the issue so it can get forwarded to the general and district managers. Don't take any crap from these people.
Melissa-

I LOVE this idea!! I am TOTALLY going to do this!! (it's like "Hold-on, let me CALL YOUR CORP OFFICE so that you can BE REMINDED about YOUR COUPON POLICY..").

Good for you for STANDING YOUR GROUND! Sometimes, it puzzles me WHY they would rather turn BIZ away than take the sale! MOST of the folks they hire are not usually the "brightest crayon in the box"...

Isn't it sad when customer's are more "educated" about a store's coupon acceptance policy???!!! And don't even get me started on TARGET (I could create a 5 page posting on my many adventures of coupon redemption at Target! LOL!) :p

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-24-2007 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Funny Melissa, I already have corporate's number on my cell. I've had to use it a few times, not because of the manager but the assistant manager. She always seems to be on duty when I go in & her favorite answer is NO, which generally gets turned into a YES from corporate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 04:20 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

LOL as I was reading all of these, it dawned on me! Martha picked the PERFECT store to carry her line! They all have the same personality! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I just wish that whatever policy that they enforce, it would be the same at all M's...I mean really is it that difficult. You would think that with all the calls they probably get, it would be worth it to them to just let us use the (*edited*)competitor coupons, at all stores, any day of the week! Oyyy!

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-24-2007 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00View Post
I just wish that whatever policy that they enforce, it would be the same at all M's...I mean really is it that difficult. You would think that with all the calls they probably get, it would be worth it to them to just let us use the (*edited*) competitor coupons, at all stores, any day of the week! Oyyy!
You'd think that the corporate office would send out a memo to all of the stores regarding this. Then again, I wonder if it just the SCS folks who raise a stink because we KNOW what's what? I mean, does the average non-SCS person even think to argue or to call the corporate office?

Hmmmm......

Kimberly

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-24-2007 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Kimberly I am so glad you like our local store- I HATE our store here in Fargo. Now let me qualify that with the only other store of theirs I have been in is in Iowa. I always have problems using their coupon and other competitiors. I have even resorted to sending my DH if there is something that I need because I just want to hurt someone everytime I am in there. They need some better training of their employess. The customer service stinks. One time I was having difficulties finding something, asked an employeee for help, she said she needed to go ask someone else, never came back, I go up front to ask the MOD, the employee never even came to ask anyone she just went back to whatever she was doing. So the MOD tells me it is in this aisle, I have BEEN in that aisle could you please show me where it is, with much sighing she comes and can't find it and tells me "oh it must have gotten moved - I don't know where it is". ARE YOU KIDDING ME. You are the MOD and you don't know where things are in your store. This absolutely drives me crazy. Another time I was waiting in line to check out and there was a customer describing a bone folder to the MOD and where could she find one and what was the actual name of it. The MOD had no ides what she was talking about. I stepped out of line to tell them that it is called a bone folder and it was in this aisle. I am not getting paid to know your job. I know the pay is not great but I do wish people would take a little bit more pride in their work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, I work in a Ben Franklin in Richmond, Va and even though I am a designer in the frame shop, you better believe I know where all the scrapping and stamping items are. And I know what a bone folder is, as we use them to flatten out the corner cuts in mats. As for the coupon policy, I have no idea. Guess I will ask next time I work!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #16  
ckv
Kookie Creator

Does Target take the AC , M or J's coupon? Does anybody know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Sad thing....I work at a M's store and a cashier tried to not let a customer use their coupon on a Cuttlebug on a day I was there demonstrating and SELLING the Cuttlebug. I had called corporate ahead of time and made sure that it was ok to tell people that they could use a coupon on the bug since it was a PROVOCRAFT item NOT Cricut! So they said that yes, people could use the coupon.

So a lady was trying the Bug out and decided to buy one, got up to the register and the cashier told her that she couldn't use the coupon, the lady said that I told her it was ok to do, and the cashier said that I was just a teacher and knew nothing about story policy....within ear shot! So I got up, went around the counter and used the cashiers phone to call corporate and let her hear it for herself.

The lady got her Bug, I got an apology, but now the cashier no longer works there. Hmmm. Curious, that.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
LOL as I was reading all of these, it dawned on me! Martha picked the PERFECT store to carry her line! They all have the same personality! ;)
lmao:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

The sad reality is, is that retail isn't a high intelligence job. Its entry level, low paying, not a lot of brains required. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that everyone who works retail isn't smart, ok! Its just that for someone starting out or not being of the highest skill set, it's where a lot of people end up. I do have three M's employees who deal with mostly scrapbooking who are smart and friendly. The rest of them are either too ignorant or lazy.

I worked at the American Girl Place in Los Angeles last holiday season to just get the discount on my daughter's stuff. I'm 33 and have a few brain cells kicking around. As for the rest of the employees......sheesh! You'd think they were in prison! The menatilty is that they are doing the store a favor by gracing them with their presence. Getting them to actually work, well that was another story. Too many young retail workers think that they are above actual work. I wasn't loving work, but I did it so I could get a big discount and make some money. I didn't need to work at all. I could have easily walked away after my first day that I got my discount and never looked back. I didn't though, because I wanted to do my job and be nice to customers. I had people go to the CS desk and report to them how nice I was. Now how often does that happen?

Its sad that people can't take some pride in their work no matter what it is. Be thankful you have a job. A job is a present, not your right.

As for M's stores having arbitrary coupon policies, I think if everyone of you who posted would take 5 minutes to email the corp offices to let them know what is going on, maybe they will catch on to this pattern of misinformation on the part of the employees and reeducate them. Even though I spoke to their CS rep and he was going to email the managers for me, I am going to send an email myself. I'm also going to mention that Joann's( insert you rown local hobby store chain) doesn't have a problem when I use coupons. That will let them know that you have options when you shop. The more we complain the better customer service we should hope to receive. Sadly, it seems that complaining about a problem is the only way change with happen.

If I didn't have my kids to take care of, I would love to work part time at M's to get my discount and to make the store a better place. Well, then I'd probably be broke because all my money would go back to the store, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

My M's will take Joann's coupons as long as they're not internet coupons. Never had a problem...even forgot my coupon one day and I told the cashier and she had me sign a book and she gave me 40% off my item....I guess Oregon peeps are much nicer...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckvView Post
That's a good question. I've never even thought of trying that one becasue its not the same type of store. I'm going to look at their website to see if they even have a coupon policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I'd vote for "No" because they don't even do price matching anymore with the Wal-Mart and Kmart ads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by FargoNicoleView Post
Kimberly I am so glad you like our local store- I HATE our store here in Fargo.
So far I've had good luck. I think the only thing they haven't helped me with is when I went in looking for chipboard last year. No one knew what it was. I found it at Hobby Lobby. Michael's does have it now, but not in sheets, just chipboard letters and shapes.

It does drive me nuts when workers don't know what they have. I think the most problems I've run into are when I am at Michael's on the weekend or in the evening. The daytime people (like pretty much every store) seem to have a better knowledge about things. To me, most of the younger people don't have a clue nor do they want to know anything about the store (any store).

I worked a couple of summers in Yellowstone. The second summer ('90), I worked at the Hamilton Photo Shop at Old Faithful. When I started, I knew nothing. Then I started reading all of the manuals for the cameras plus some of the photography books we had. I became the "in-store" expert on the cameras. My boss would even try to find me (we lived above the store) on my days off if someone was interested in a camera. I used an honest approach and wouldn't try to just sell them the higher priced item. If the less expensive one would do the trick for them, I'd try to sell them that one. (We didn't work on commissions.) Oftentimes, they'd still buy the higher priced item but not always. Ditto for when I worked at a local Pamida store, I made a point of knowing where stuff was (by just walking the aisles). We also took people to the item, not just pointing to an aisle. I've noticed that the Wal-Mart people do this too - take me "to" something I'm looking for. I appreciate that. Sometimes I just tell them to point me in the right direction and I'll find it. ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had an issue with my local Michaels regarding something I had asked for (too long of a story) needless to say I was sent on a wild goose chase to two different Michaels stores. At the second and third store they gave me lame excuses as to why they didn't have the product (it was supposed to be on hold for me). The manager then proceeded to give the cashier crap about it. I called the 1-800 number for Michaels and complained about the service I had received. After a few phone calls - there was a gift certificate waiting for me at my local store. Pays to let them know what you think.
I design for Stamping Bella.

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I consider myself lucky.... I have never once had a problem at my M's here in York. They always accept my coupons, including internet printouts.... which is what I used when I bought my Cuttlebug. But I do have corporates number programmed in my cell just in case. There's no way they're going to tell me I CAN'T use one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

They only take "cents off" coupons from competitors, not percent off... same at WalMart.... I tried LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by banana.cream.pieView Post
Anyhow--the READER'S DIGEST version of this story:

The customer behind me gives me her 50% coupon from the M-Store that she got in the mail--she told me that she had MORE at home & didn't need it for her .50 spool of ribbon.

So here is MY THOUGHT--WHY does it MATTER who's coupon it was??? I ended up getting 50% OFF. I thought that MOD was just plain SILLY to be so upset about a COUPON....LOL!
I've had this happen.. The lady in front of me had like, three coupons. I guess she had a couple people give them to her or something. And she saw that I didn't have one, and she just handed me one of the ones she had. I was like, 'Thank you so much..'

But anyway, back to the topic- If there's a sign that says that they accept competitor's coupons, then they have to. Because it's posted. And if the manager has a problem with it, she still has no right to say 'no'. Because it's posted somewhere.
my etsy shop ;; my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #28  
Watercolor Wizard

I would only hire people that understand crafts. A basic understanding of crafts at least.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

LOL this is 100% true!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

They only take "cents off" coupons from competitors, not percent off... same at WalMart.... I tried LOL!
% off are considered a "gimmick" by some retailer standards. But to us customers they are a great thing. (Except when they decide to put all sorts of limits on them.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYstamperView Post
% off are considered a "gimmick" by some retailer standards. But to us customers they are a great thing. (Except when they decide to put all sorts of limits on them.)
especially when you know the markup! How is it that they can clearance stuff at 75-90%? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #32  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I like Joann's coupon policy. They'll take all the coupons you can give them -- so long as they are all different. That doesn't mean different vendors -- they will take several Joann coupons. I've used four coupons on a single sale -- one Michaels coupon, a Joann coupon from the newspaper, another Joann coupon from the mail flyer, and a third Joann coupon printed from my computer. No questions, no problems. One Michaels I go to will take competitors coupons, but only one coupon per transaction -- and no printed from the computer coupons. Another Michaels I go to will take a Michaels coupon and one competitors coupon -- all on the same transaction. As you all have said, Michaels' policy regarding coupons seems to depend upon what store you go to. Sheesh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #33  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClownmomView Post
I like Joann's coupon policy. They'll take all the coupons you can give them -- so long as they are all different. That doesn't mean different vendors -- they will take several Joann coupons. I've used four coupons on a single sale -- one Michaels coupon, a Joann coupon from the newspaper, another Joann coupon from the mail flyer, and a third Joann coupon printed from my computer. No questions, no problems. One Michaels I go to will take competitors coupons, but only one coupon per transaction -- and no printed from the computer coupons. Another Michaels I go to will take a Michaels coupon and one competitors coupon -- all on the same transaction. As you all have said, Michaels' policy regarding coupons seems to depend upon what store you go to. Sheesh!
This can depend on the Joann's and on the clerk there as well. I've had a flyer coupon and an e-mail coupon and tried to use them at the register on two different things, and I had to do two separate transaction. A different store they will ring it all up at once. I've also had a Joann's clerk only allow me to use one because it says one per customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

My Michael's will take the internet coupons.. though one cashier tried not to when it was a day later from someone else taking it. However, they will not take it on MS products or high priced products... the cashier distinctly told me she would take it on "that" (that being a provocraft etcetera rolling stamp). I bet I would've had to fight otherwise...

It stinks for me that my Joann's carries little to no papercrafting and Ac Moore and Hobby Lobby are an hr away (in different directions no less!) But, I plan on trying out Hobby Lobby when I get paid Friday <g>

Also, as for knowing product.. I worked retail management from High School through college. My last stint was a front end manager at Home Depot. My Dad does home improvements but you know, wasn't my cup of tea. However, as an employee, I make it a point of knowing where stuff is OR finding out. Putting away things in the returns basket was a good way to learn. Several times I've been in Michael's, people have asked me where stuff is or what stuff is. Last time a lady asked me what Velum was because no one could tell her, lol. It doesn't take much to learn your product!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

I must add---which I think is hilarious...and makes NO sense!

Is that the Michael's that refused to take that JoAnn's coupon 50% for 40% or even AT ALL--WILL accept the Internet printed coupons from Hobby Lobby!! (isn't that a HOOT?!)

The M-Store has some of the worst service, I always thought...until I stepped foot into a Hobby Lobby for the very 1st time!

I think both Retailers make sure that the folks they hire know absolutely NOTHING about crafting...or WHEN to call for BACK-UP Cashiers when the lines are getting like 20 people long!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #36  
Gabfest Goddess

Ugh, I just ran into a problem at my M's this week. My sister and I were in there and the cashier took the J's 50% coupon from her, no problem. I go back a few hours later, and another cashier tells me she can only take 40% coupons, not 50, or she'll get written up. I never thought to call corporate, I just might have to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #37  
mg
Kookie Creator

I would like to know how some people rate to get a card in the mail with the coupon on it. The last one was good through July 8th and 50% off. My daughter got it in Mpls-St. Paul. Oh well, I got my Cuttlebug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

A couple months ago J's had several coupons at one time - 40% a fabric item, 40% off a craft item, and the usual 40% on a regular price item. I was visiting my daughter in the city & thought I'd try to pick up a few CB items. The clerk at M's said I couldn't use the 40% craft item coupon on the CB folder, that they only honored the "40% off Regular price coupon". I said
"no thank you" and started to walk away - she yells "you don't want it?? I already rang it up!" - my reply was, "then that's your problem, not mine". I went to a different M's on the way home, and they graciously accepted the 40% craft coupon! Go figure.
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

So is it Michaels policy or not to accept competitors coupons? Being new to US shops I never knew that they did this. I have a 40 percent off coupon for Joannes but we dont have a Joannes near here, we have a Michaels and also a Hobby Lobby and I have a coupon for Hobby Lobby to. Should I risk being an English mental women and risk being turned down and completely embarassed in the store!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #40  
Compulsive Stamper

I might have to email corporate. Our M's won't accept competitor coupons at all!! That started about a year ago. Hmmph!!
Reply With Quote Likes