Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2005, 05:27 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and my big...

MOUTH.

"They" are having a silent auction at the end of church camp. (June 17.) I asked the direct if they needed basket donated. Since I have had NO business since I moved here I thought, why not, not I'm thinking what the devil have I done! I'm not really creative so any suggestion will be so apprecaited. I don't even kow what set to use. I've got to do this quickly and hope I don't have to spend more than $25 for more supplies than I already have.

L
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you have the Stipple Butterfly stamp? I think that is one of the fastest and easiest stamps to create loads of fun stuff with... I don't have any images in my gallery yet, but can elaborate if you have it and would like to know more. PM me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Although, now that I have posted that, I'm thinking maybe you would want to use something current in case someone sees it and decides they want to buy it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

I would just look at some of the gifts and baskets that women have donated here! Some are so awesome and include matching all occasion cards, stamped candle, note cube, pen, etc. I have made them for charities in which I have stamped five kids themed cards, five masculine cards, and five feminine cards, wrapped each set of cards and envelopes in some coordinating organdy ribbon and put them in a basket with a post-it-note holder or memo cube and pen. My demo uses a leftover sell-a-bration set, a stamp pad or marker and a catalog, maybe a few stamped all occasion cards and includes a free class for 8 or something like that and all of her business info. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Default auction

My son's preschool had an auction and a basket that had cards, wrapping paper, tissue paper, and ribbons went pretty high.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 02:33 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Maybe you can do two seperate things...a basket of goodies you made (I think people will scoop that up but not necessarily take the next step and think to "buy" from you down the line) and then as someone suggested...a catalog and gift certificate or class. Be sure the director knows these are 2 seperate things though, at our last school auction they just lumped them together and I was kinda upset. :o(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

What about using a stamp set for several items .... like ten cards, paper pad, pen, bag of candy (etc). Then include the stamp set used, three inks that coordinate, instructions on how to do it, an old catalog (since they will be just finishing up with it), a summer catalog, and any other accessories you used to make the items with. Also could include a free make and take session for up to ten people.

Otherwise, one of those cool pails would go well I think that are on this website. You could do a wedding or new baby, or birthday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 05:44 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I put together a silent auction basket last night. I put in a 2004-2005 Idea book and catalog, Festive Four (A level 1 hostess set I had extra), a new basic black stamp pad, a few cards using the Festive Four set, and also a Gift Certificate for a 2005-2006 Idea Book and Catalog at half price. I stated that the catalog would be available in July, that way they would have to contact me to receive the new catalog and hopefully for me get a new customer!! Hope this helps.

Steph
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Default X Mas Basket

We have an auction in October and the last two years a co-worker and I have done a Christmas basket 50-60 cards (10 of each kind), 6-8 gift bags, tissue paper and a nice basket (christmas theme that we bought on sale the year before in after Xmas sales), threw in a few gel pens. We valued the basket at $125, both years it went for over $125. Very exciting! I know Christmas may not work for June, but I wanted to share.

I like the other ideas about putting a catalog and gift certificate in the basket.
Reply With Quote Likes