Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking Martha Stewart section is at my Michael's NOW!!

I was planning on hitting the clearance sale at my Mike's and had my 40% off coupon in tow just in case a non-sale purchase struck my fancy, when... POW! There it was in all it's glory -the Martha Stewart isle!!

It spans one side of an isle, an end cap, and a center isle kiosk. Lots of pretty stuff! Gift wrapping section, scrapbooking section, lots of 12x12 paper packs, tools, clear stamps, ribbon, some cooking stuff, adhesive, scrapbooks, pens, diecuts, all her magazines and LOTS of cute punches -new designs that are the size of the Jumbo Marvy punches. I spent almost 1/2 hour looking at EVERYTHING.

She is a bit pricey, especially the ribbon (thick ribbon $7 for 5 yards), but the clear stamps (mostly alphabets) were $13, not too bad. I did discover at the check out counter that the Michael's coupon DOES NOT apply to Martha Stewart stuff! That was a bummer.

Anyway, just a heads up. Anyone else's Mike's has the Martha stuff now?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to shellca

yes, my michaels has their display just about finished. I did buy 4 punches... haven't had a chance to try them out yet though. I'll probably go back and buy more next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I bought one of her arts and crafts markers to try. I wasn't really impressed, there was nothing special about it that I couldn't get from Crayola. But I will be heading back for a couple of the punches.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan
I was planning on hitting the clearance sale at my Mike's and had my 40% off coupon in tow just in case a non-sale purchase struck my fancy, when... POW! There it was in all it's glory -the Martha Stewart isle!!

It spans one side of an isle, an end cap, and a center isle kiosk. Lots of pretty stuff! Gift wrapping section, scrapbooking section, lots of 12x12 paper packs, tools, clear stamps, ribbon, some cooking stuff, adhesive, scrapbooks, pens, diecuts, all her magazines and LOTS of cute punches -new designs that are the size of the Jumbo Marvy punches. I spent almost 1/2 hour looking at EVERYTHING.
Were you allowed to touch it, even without white gloves? ;)

*chuckle* (I'd heard the store employees could only set it out on display if wearing white gloves . . . dunno if there's any truth to that rumor, tho . . . )

Quote:

She is a bit pricey, especially the ribbon (thick ribbon $7 for 5 yards), but the clear stamps (mostly alphabets) were $13, not too bad. I did discover at the check out counter that the Michael's coupon DOES NOT apply to Martha Stewart stuff! That was a bummer.
Interesting! Hmmmmmmm.

Quote:

Anyway, just a heads up. Anyone else's Mike's has the Martha stuff now?
I'm in WA state, but, can't pop into a Michael's to find out . . . it's an hour away from me. Anybody else know if WA state Michael's have unveiled the MS line yet?

I do have a chance to get off the Rock tomorrow . . . altho, I have to shop for Prom dress stuff . . . :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Ohh... 4 punches? Which ones? They all looked super cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellca
yes, my michaels has their display just about finished. I did buy 4 punches... haven't had a chance to try them out yet though. I'll probably go back and buy more next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Alas... I fear the whole *White Gloves* thing was an exaggeration on the Michael's employee part, probably referring to the amount of precision and care on stocking the isle... I saw 2 employees fiddling with the merchandise, stocking and such and no white gloves! But, the isles were very organized and quite lovely to browse!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Were you allowed to touch it, even without white gloves? ;)

*chuckle* (I'd heard the store employees could only set it out on display if wearing white gloves . . . dunno if there's any truth to that rumor, tho . . . )

Interesting! Hmmmmmmm.

I'm in WA state, but, can't pop into a Michael's to find out . . . it's an hour away from me. Anybody else know if WA state Michael's have unveiled the MS line yet?

I do have a chance to get off the Rock tomorrow . . . altho, I have to shop for Prom dress stuff . . . :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan
Ohh... 4 punches? Which ones? They all looked super cool!
ROTFL! Oooh, how'd I miss that? Now my ears perked up! LOL!

Yeah, which ones??? Take a picture, TAKE A PICTURE!!! ;)

What can I say . . . I'm a visual learner . . . :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I bought a whole bunch of stuff today. I will say that you need to open the paper packs to see the papers. The pictures on the front are nothing like what is inside. One pack said it was craft paper but when I looked inside it was book cloth. They were $2.49 for 8 sheets. I can't wait to cover an album with it. Another pack also marked craft paper was like a tissue paper, vellum type paper. It was quite lovely. They also had glassine paper in beautiful colors. I bought a few of the punches as I love punches. They seem to work well. I have a card posted at my blog using the punches and glassine paper. The ribbon is very pretty when you actually unroll it. The quality is there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I'm in Ohio and I've seen the new Martha stuff in 2 Mike's ( yes I was stalking - there are 4 Mike's within 30 min of my house ) I looked at all the goodies but only bought some fancy cut labels and adhesive border strips ((they are embossed and vintagy looking) Luckily for my budget I wasn't tempted by the papers or ribbons, but I'm sure I'll see something wonderful made with them here and then I'll have to have them!!

As for the white gloves, one employee told me that they were required to wear them when they put up the big signs above the displays and the paper that backed the displays - NO fingerprints were allowed!!! and I did see boxes of stuff that needed to be put on the displays with white gloves sitting on top of the box. The employee I talked to said that the workers were not happy about the Martha introduction- they all were made to watch a 15 min video about the new products during their unpaid lunch hour - wow I bet that makes for happy worker bees!!

carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by charkinsmom
I bought a whole bunch of stuff today. I will say that you need to open the paper packs to see the papers. The pictures on the front are nothing like what is inside. One pack said it was craft paper but when I looked inside it was book cloth. They were $2.49 for 8 sheets. I can't wait to cover an album with it. Another pack also marked craft paper was like a tissue paper, vellum type paper. It was quite lovely. They also had glassine paper in beautiful colors. I bought a few of the punches as I love punches. They seem to work well. I have a card posted at my blog using the punches and glassine paper. The ribbon is very pretty when you actually unroll it. The quality is there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Im going to hit Ms tomorrow - is there anything I must have from Martha?

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by charkinsmom
Your artwork is lovely! Why are you frustrated? ;)

I enjoyed my visit to your blog and all your beautiful eye-candy!

Hugs, and thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

what is glassine paper? intrigued!

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
what is glassine paper? intrigued!
It's like wax paper, and often used for packaging food gifts, in addition to paper crafts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I was very pleased to see those rolls of glassine paper! Not as impressed with the rest of the line though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Hey Julie, I was at the Michaels in Everett today and they had all the stuff up already. I don't know about the Lynnwood one, though. Also, I did NOT see the cool Target $1 boxes, that were posted in another thread, at the Everett Target.

BTW, who invited you to the prom?? Just kidding, I know it's your dd. Couldn't resist!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to the Michaels in my area today. The Martha Stewart section is up and all of the products have been stocked. The MS asile is a very nice. It is very Martha looking. I only purchased a package of eyelet stationaery. I will probably go back and purchase a few punches and that may be all. I have so much *stuff* now so I am grateful that I did not feel that I *had* to buy lots of her craft items. I really do like the changes that Michaels has made to the stamping and scrapbooking department over the past few weeks.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4
Hey Julie, I was at the Michaels in Everett today and they had all the stuff up already. I don't know about the Lynnwood one, though. Also, I did NOT see the cool Target $1 boxes, that were posted in another thread, at the Everett Target.

BTW, who invited you to the prom?? Just kidding, I know it's your dd. Couldn't resist!
The Lynnwood store did not have any Martha stuff out as of last night... will check back probably on Saturday.

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

here are some pics of the punches I bought today. The circles are about an inch or so when punched. The border punch with the holes "creates perfectly spaced holes for Martha Stewart Crafts binders"-took that from the package, but I thought I could use it for other stuff too.
Attached Thumbnails
Martha Stewart section is at my Michael's NOW!!-dscn0851-small-web-view.jpg   Martha Stewart section is at my Michael's NOW!!-dscn0852-small-web-view.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I also need to add that I'm not crazy about the shape of the punches... too "boxy" for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

here are some pics of the punches I bought today. The circles are about an inch or so when punched. The border punch with the holes "creates perfectly spaced holes for Martha Stewart Crafts binders"-took that from the package, but I thought I could use it for other stuff too.
I like those round punches! How much were those?? Yeah, the square shape is a little awkward looking, but how appropriate being that it's from Martha! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysmom
I like those round punches! How much were those?? Yeah, the square shape is a little awkward looking, but how appropriate being that it's from Martha! ;)
the round ones were $9.99!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I thought those punches would be great for monograms
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I thought those punches would be great for monograms
Yes, they certainly would! Think I may have to check those out! Thanks for giving us a "sneak peek"...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4

Stinker! :p

Oh, man, I wonder if I can cajole her into sparing me just a few minutes at the Lynnwood one . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Oh, well, now.

I am highly intrigued.

Must devise a plan to at least cross the threshhold of Michael's to paw them for myself . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Oh, well, now.

I am highly intrigued. ]
lol! I totally thought of you when I saw these punches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I guess I must be a little jaded but I was annoyed that I couldn't use my 40%off coupon. Does Martha need the $$$$$$$ that much. I put back the glassine (sp?) paper that I had in my hand as I didn't really have a project for it yet. I keep buying things and then forgetting what I bought them for. Of course, none of you know ANYthing about that, right???? :-) Her papers and ribbons are pretty but I can't say that you couldn't find anything AS pretty elsewhere. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #29  
Hot Mess

I must have those punches!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

I am punch-crazy anyway so I'll probably have to pick these up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

These are nice ones! I was tempted by lots of the punches. Especially the butterfly ones, both designs. LOVELY! Thanks for sharing the pics. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 AM   #32  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Your artwork is lovely! Why are you frustrated? ;)

I enjoyed my visit to your blog and all your beautiful eye-candy!

Hugs, and thanks for sharing!

I am frustrated because I have to have a grown up job instead of playing with my art work all day. I wish I could find something more artistic to do as an occupation but the pay isn't there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Don't get me wrong I enjoy my job but it is not like my passion for paper art.
Reply With Quote Likes