Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

It's lovely when people show their appreciation for their cards, makes it all worthwhile.
I always make inserts on the computer, takes ages but they look nice but it's not my favourite job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem with the cost of mailing cards here in the U.S. I have never even had a problem with paying the extra postage for the cards I mail with buttons or more layers.

I figure with all the money I have spent for the supplies and tools for card making the cost of a stamp or two is no big deal.

In my mind almost all hobbies are quite expensive. Yes, and this hobby brings happiness to myself, as well as others! Yay! A win-win.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I met a French couple on my most recent airline flight. We exchanged addresses so I sent them a card. Upon receiving it, they emailed me "Mille merci pour la tr�s jolie carte de No�l que nous venons de recevoir. Nous sommes tr�s touch�s (�mus) par cette d�licate attention." which means "a thousand thanks for the very pretty Christmas card that we just got. We are very moved by this delicate attention." (I think). I didn't use an international stamp; just a mixture of stamps adding up to the international rate.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I have a cousin in Australia - I don't know him at all except from my aunt here telling me about him from time to time, but I have been in touch recently as my aunt asked me to send him some photos. I sent a Christmas card too and this is part of his response:
I guess that was worth an international stamp.
Yes, it certainly was worth it! And how lovely for him to let you know how much it was appreciated.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My pen pal in Australia sent me a sheet of global forever stamps, so I can send her mail. She bought them while on holiday in the US. I have 2 overseas pen pals, rest in the USA. I love making cards and writing letters. I won't send more then 1 card or letter to each pen pal a month. And for overseas maybe 4-5 letters a year. I love making cards and will still exchange thru RAC?SAC sometimes. And will support Operation Write home, just can't send cards more then 3 times a year. I have to cut back. And I'm going to post office Monday to buy a 1/2 roll of forever first class stamps.

Last edited by STYXROCKSME; 12-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
I met a French couple on my most recent airline flight. We exchanged addresses so I sent them a card. Upon receiving it, they emailed me "Mille merci pour la tr�s jolie carte de No�l que nous venons de recevoir. Nous sommes tr�s touch�s (�mus) par cette d�licate attention." which means "a thousand thanks for the very pretty Christmas card that we just got. We are very moved by this delicate attention." (I think). I didn't use an international stamp; just a mixture of stamps adding up to the international rate.
delicate attention = thoughtfulness ;-). How lovely of them to email you!
I add stamps up all the time , or use multiple national ones to slightly exceed an international one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
delicate attention = thoughtfulness ;-). How lovely of them to email you!
I add stamps up all the time , or use multiple national ones to slightly exceed an international one.
Oh! Thoughtfulness! That makes way more sense! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,393 Likes on 523 Posts

I will never stop mailing the cards I make! I write to our church's shut-ins every month and it is worth every penny of postage (most months I have to put an extra 20 cent stamp on, too, although my PO is pretty lenient). My pastor and church secretary tell me how much the shut-ins love getting "happy and pretty" mail and I often receive notes back! I also like to make and send interactive cards to our sponsor kids through World Vision. I admit to cheaping out with my parents, though -they live just a mile from me, so when I want to give them a card, I just drop it in their mailbox! I also do my part to help the USPS by putting a huge box of cards at our church for anyone to take for free. Considering the hundreds that have been taken, that is quite a bit of postage paid!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not so much the price as the phasing out of delivery...

Speaking as a fellow Canadian, my feeling is that it's not so much the cost that's discouraging as the phasing out of home delivery. The proposal to build outdoor community mailbox slabs (like what you'd have inside an apartment building, but stuck on a street corner) in dense urban areas has got many folks rolling their eyes and thinking to heck with it, I'll just go as paperless as possible.

For a lot of people I know, this is just one more hurdle (besides the price, which has been rising by leaps and bounds for several years) to jump in terms of sending anything through the mail. The hardest hit will be anyone with reduced mobility who currently relies on home delivery.

I will keep mailing, though, and hope my efforts arrive undamaged to the recipients. I just won't hold my breath for any mail I receive to stay in good shape in an outdoor metal box, crammed in with junk mail and flyers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #50  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I was a bit taken aback by the Canada Post news - the price jump is pretty steep. And I never liked those community mail boxes.
That said, if CP was a private business instead of a crown corporation, they'd have gone out of business quite a while ago. If we want to be able to keep sending and receiving mail, they do have to do something towards balancing the books. They can't just keep operating further and further in the red. Unless we as taxpayers want to start forking over a boatload more money. The sheer volume of snail mail has gone down significantly - just think of all the companies who used to send monthly bills and all the payments that were mailed back. So many of those are now done digitally - I know my cable company actually charges you a $2/mth premium for having a bill mailed to you. So the volume of mail has gone down - but I very much doubt the cost of delivering it has.
I like making cards, and I love sending them to people who I know appreciate receiving them. So I'll budget as I need to, and keep right on sending my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, Anemone. However, I wish they would consider other measures, such as 3-day rather than 5-day delivery, to reduce costs.
I saw an interesting comparison in the news the other day of what the postal services in Australia, the U.K., the U.S., and Canada are each doing to remain viable and it was quite thought-provoking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Its sad that Canada post is making such a huge increase,
Sadly over the years I have found the service has not been as good, lost packages, taking along time to get a letter etc.

I feel for the employees who are losing their jobs.

I will still be mailing cards and continue to do swaps...
but even that I am finding less and less people are swapping like they use too
I have one open now and its small compared to all the other I have hosted.
But
I have to say that I would rather pay 1.00 for sending a smile to someone than an e card etc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just supported my local post office by over $100 in postage. That only included one package (international)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #54  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This increase here is particularly unfortunate - ds is getting married in July, so there are a LOT of invites to mail! Many of them international.
I wonder if Canada Post has gift cards???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #55  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Gail, run to Costco, and buy rolls of stamps they are still cheap and no $ amount on them
till jan 1st
A girlfriend is getting married in aug and she bought 4 rolls
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you buy your permanent stamps now, you won't have to add any extra postage after the increase. I'm going to buy a couple rolls before the increase comes...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #57  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
If you buy your permanent stamps now, you won't have to add any extra postage after the increase. I'm going to buy a couple rolls before the increase comes...
The problem is finding the permanent stamps. The Post Offices aren't selling them anymore.

I didn't know Costco still had them. I just emailed ds and his fiancee so that they can go do the Costco run!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
The problem is finding the permanent stamps. The Post Offices aren't selling them anymore.

I didn't know Costco still had them. I just emailed ds and his fiancee so that they can go do the Costco run!
They should have them - they are the standard postage stamp for all letter mail. They will still be permanent stamps after the price increase - you'll just have to pay more for them. I would contact the main post office branch for your area and see why they don't have them in your area. The post offices have to have regular postage available...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #59  
Glitter Queen

We could save money on some of this trendy stuff we continue to buy, and we would have well over the amount it takes to mail cards. How about using some of the stuff we have in our stash instead? Whoever you send them to has no idea what papers are "in", what techniques are "in", so they delight in the fact that you sent a beautiful, one of a kind card that you cared enough to make yourself. Either the cards are the most important thing, or the cost is. We have to make that choice. I get so many appreciative responses from those to whom I send cards, so I know they appreciate them. More importantly, I ENJOY making them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #60  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Postage is a real problem, even for sending packages.

I am giving a sheet of postage stamps to my MIL as a gift this Christmas -- I'll put them in a box and wrap them up and tuck in her stocking. They also make great gifts for teachers.

They are valuable!!
First year I did this for my mom, she got really excited, gave her a roll of stamp, back when they were cheaper. My sil made a snarky remark about it, but my mom was thrilled to get them! Seniors like getting stamps as gifts!

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #61  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I will continue to mail snail mail as long as snail mail is around.....I usually send out 6-12 cards a week (secret sisters at church, family, friends, etc). And I agree about give stamps as a Christmas gift. Sure, it's sort of practical but always needed and always appreciated! And even giving cards you make as a gift. Last year I gave my mom cards for Christmas (although they were boxed Day Spring cards) and she said it was one of the best gifts she ever got - she needed them and wanted them and didn't want to spend the money herself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #62  
Kookie Creator

I am in the US, so am not dealing with such high postage. But, when I got deeply into stamping and loved buying too much, I decided to send many cards as my own, personal caring ministry. I send birthday cards to all the women in church I know as well as the women in another organization I am in, also, anniversary cards to many church couples. It became my ministry of thinking of others and letting them know that I was thinking of them. Once I sent a birthday card to someone who I really didn't know that well in church only to have her husband tell me that she had been going through a rough time and my card had really meant a lot to her. That made all the expense worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love making cards and for years made it my personal mission to keep our family connected. we I was growing up I had a large extended family. people have passed and moved and I can count on one had the people that I hear from. I cant imagine what it will be like for my two kids when I am gone, they will only have each other. I keep sending (I am not great at flat cards so nearly every one of the 70 I am sending will require extra post). but it has crossed my mind to keep making cards but to donate them. the local nursing home would love them for their little shop, our pray and care team would love them, a small packet of them for a bingo prize at our senior center. I think those people might enjoy them more, but its hard to give up trying to connect with people. even with the cost of supplies and the post, it never costs me the $280 a month that therapy did. and I feel so much better after creating than I ever did after therapy. dragging up all the crap that makes you sad or a cocktail, everyone in bed, my craft room, paper, glue, ink and stamps and I am a happy girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #64  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll still continue to send cards...there are to many people counting on me to send them a little bit happiness. When I first started out I was really just making cards to practice techniques and coloring. My mom was receiving a magazine in the mail called "Good Old Times" and in the back of every issue they had 3 or 4 pages of personal ads where people were looking for old relatives, recipes, lyrics to old songs, that sort of thing. And sprinkled in were a lot of requests for cards for shut ins and lonely older people. I would scour through the ads and make as many cards as I could, because there are a lot of people that just need a little bit of connection with someone. Unfortunately the magazine discontinued the personal ads so I have resorted to my own special people who get a card every month. God help me if I'm late or the mail gets postponed a day or two. I will hear about it.
I guess I could spend the money else where like new clothes, purses, dinner out and the like, but I'm more of a pajamas, diet coke and rice cake type of girl. Nothing fancy just what I need.
Anna Lee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

harriettb-it seems so sad that price of stamps and technology is trying make card making so difficult. It is really special for the person who receives a card and the sender-card maker to know someone cares, the comments surely warm our hearts. So here's to card making and reaching out to friends and family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Over the years my Christmas Card List has SHRUNK!!! NOT because I wanted it to! You know the old rule, if you don't receive a card you don't send one....& the COST has made me cut back more recently! So, my list has SHRUNK!!!! I've ALWAYS kept my cards somewhat flat for ease in mailing, which helps with cost too. I've sent out my Handmade cards already & to this date, I haven't received ONE CARD in return! I'm USUALLY the LAST ONE to get my cards out in the mail too! I've been WONDERING, IF ANYONE WAS SENDING OUT CHRISTMAS CARDS this year????? It is VERY SAD!!! I don't correspond with these people over the internet....!!!! (I LOVE a HANDWRITTEN NOTE from someone & understand others enjoy them too!) There ARE some young women who are interested in Card Making at the college my daughter attends, SOOOO I'm WONDERING if we NEED to pass our love on to the younger generation!!! MAYBE, it will continue on if we do this??? Even if our love turns out to be making cards for those we just HAND THEM TO PERSONALLY, will be APPRECIATED!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

I love to send cards and generally have to pay the extra postage for a card. I buy forever stamps a 100 at a time and a sheet of the extra postage. There is something wonderful getting mail - I hate the thought of it ending.

I do send things to the UK and Canada, it does get very expensive, but only do this a couple times a year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't read all he way thru all the postings but get the general idea. I'm still sending out about as many cards as I have for the last 4-5 years. However, that is down considerably from what it was when I was growing up.

I've started not signing mine (not just Christmas) and putting the note in them about sending them on to another person. Many of the recipients thought that was a great idea. Don't know if they follow thru or not.

Most of the hand-made cards I receive I'll not resend, but give to an organization I belong to which sends out cards so they don't have to spend money to purchase cards.

All that being said, hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #69  
Kookie Creator

I will continue to make and mail cards. I do adjust some of the embellishments I put on the ones I mail as opposed to the ones I hand deliver but I will NOT let Canada Post stop me! I will buy a bunch of permanent postage stamps before March and I WILL keep on making and mailing cards. People love to get them, they save them forever and it's sure cheap therapy for me. Love this site and love you all. Have the merriest Christmas ever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put 65 in the mail Wednesday and the postage was $54 and some change. every one required extra postage, some required extra extra postage. my daughter was married in October and a few people requested photos, so that added to the weight. I have done my part for the economy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Over the years my Christmas Card List has SHRUNK!!! NOT because I wanted it to! You know the old rule, if you don't receive a card you don't send one....
I ignore that rule :-)

I send more cards than I receive. I still send them to various people, even if I don't get one in return. The reasons differ, but include:
  • Older relatives whose arthritis or eyesight makes it hard for them to write -- yes, I still send them a card
  • Old friends who don't send any cards whatsoever (perhaps they are Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, on a tight budget, or just too busy with little kids and work) -- yes, I still send them a card
  • People not on my 'normal' list but who were special during the year (perhaps helping me cleanup after the spring flooding, walking my dog when I had to work late, etc) -- yes, I still send them a card
And lots of other reasons. So I send cards to show people I care about them, and they are in my thoughts and to keep them updated with what's going on in my life. Not only to get one in return. So I ignore the 'rule' and it makes me happier :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinois MargeView Post
I ignore that rule :-)

I send more cards than I receive. I still send them to various people, even if I don't get one in return. The reasons differ, but include:
  • Older relatives whose arthritis or eyesight makes it hard for them to write -- yes, I still send them a card
  • Old friends who don't send any cards whatsoever (perhaps they are Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, on a tight budget, or just too busy with little kids and work) -- yes, I still send them a card
  • People not on my 'normal' list but who were special during the year (perhaps helping me cleanup after the spring flooding, walking my dog when I had to work late, etc) -- yes, I still send them a card
And lots of other reasons. So I send cards to show people I care about them, and they are in my thoughts and to keep them updated with what's going on in my life. Not only to get one in return. So I ignore the 'rule' and it makes me happier :-)
That's my feeling, too. And for the same reasons you said.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, that's how I ALWAYS FELT!!! But, I used to send letters during the year too & my friends just QUIT WRITING!!! Who knows WHY! But, I have ALWAYS BEEN one to TRY to keep in touch! BUT, when you send a Christmas Card too & NO RESPONSE, I think it's time to cut your losses! I don't have $$$$ laying around the house....So, I have to WATCH MY SPENDING! I just figured they didn't want to keep in touch anymore! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
Forgot to say on my previous post: I giggled at this too as my first card was from my local politician and the 2nd from a charity asking for another donation.
Our's was from BMW (where we bought our last car) and it did have 2 coupons for oil change!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Over the years my Christmas Card List has SHRUNK!!! NOT because I wanted it to! You know the old rule, if you don't receive a card you don't send one....& the COST has made me cut back more recently! So, my list has SHRUNK!!!! I've ALWAYS kept my cards somewhat flat for ease in mailing, which helps with cost too. I've sent out my Handmade cards already & to this date, I haven't received ONE CARD in return! I'm USUALLY the LAST ONE to get my cards out in the mail too! I've been WONDERING, IF ANYONE WAS SENDING OUT CHRISTMAS CARDS this year????? It is VERY SAD!!! I don't correspond with these people over the internet....!!!! (I LOVE a HANDWRITTEN NOTE from someone & understand others enjoy them too!) There ARE some young women who are interested in Card Making at the college my daughter attends, SOOOO I'm WONDERING if we NEED to pass our love on to the younger generation!!! MAYBE, it will continue on if we do this??? Even if our love turns out to be making cards for those we just HAND THEM TO PERSONALLY, will be APPRECIATED!!!
My Christmas card list shrunk from 75 to 55 this year. I did receive about a dozen from the regulars. For the past 9 years or so, my DD and I get together, across the 3,000 miles that separate us so she can use my materials to make her Christmas cards. I think for this craft, like so many others that have died out or are on the way out, that if we don't get the young interested, then it will be gone. It is one reason I send a handmade birthday card to all my nieces and nephews including grand and great grand, cousins including once and twice removed as well as the 2nd and 3rd variety. One or two of them will hopefully pick up the hobby when they get older. Most recipients let me know how much the cards are appreciated and with my fellow card-makers, each is analyzed and scrutinized for techniques and ways to use certain stamps. What could be better?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #76  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
They should have them - they are the standard postage stamp for all letter mail. They will still be permanent stamps after the price increase - you'll just have to pay more for them. I would contact the main post office branch for your area and see why they don't have them in your area. The post offices have to have regular postage available...
Catwoman, it has been stated very publicly and widely in the media that Canada Post has specifically pulled the permanent stamps from circulation so that people can't stock up on them. Canada Post has been quite specific that they will NOT be stocked/sold in post offices until after the postage increase takes effect. You can still go and buy a .63 stamp, but you won't be able to buy the packages of permanent stamps.
So if you are able to still find them locally somewhere, you are very fortunate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #77  
Crimping Master

I don't actually know anyone who still has home delivery, and I live in Canada.

Here's the thing... The Conservatives would LOVE to see Canada Post go under, so they can get out out of it. This is step one in privatizing the system. I'm not going to help them by not using the system. That said, I've always hand delivered my cards to people who I see regularly, and I've never mailed to a lot of people out of town. If anything I'd mad enough to start using the system more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #78  
Insane Embellisher

Just a note about the community boxes on the street corner-they do improve safety-no one can steal your incoming or outgoing mail, like when you pay bills. You need a key to get in or pick up packages, so it reduces theft both ways.
Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #79  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We live out of town with a rural group box down the street. Along with the added security we can leave packages with $ and a note, order stamps, etc.

Sounds as if the Canadian Postal system is in even worse shape than our US one. But, I too think that anything that costs under a dollar these days is comparatively cheap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

At this point, I don't see my cardmaking/sending habits changing much, even with the upcoming (US) postal rate changes. As others have said, a number of the folks I send to keep all my cards and look forward to receiving them. That is like icing on the cake as I stamp primarily for the pleasure it gives me. And I do love square cards even though they cost more to send. I have never been big into the swaps, so that is not a consideration for me.

I think that if I make any changes, it will be to be even more selective than I have been in the past in terms of those folks that I just kind of know do not particularly value a handmade card any more than a purchased one. Particularly if they are in that category of folks I don't see regularly, but just exchange holiday cards with.

If there is anything good to be said for the price increases, here in the US, in Canada or elsewhere, perhaps it will encourage us to get back to good old fashioned visiting with more people -- hand delivering the card and having some face-to-face time with some of our more casual friends.
Reply With Quote Likes