Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Everything's personal, if you're a person. ;)

Joan's response was to offer a valid difference of opinion to the OP, not an attack.

The Favorite button functions as a bookmark, so you can find something specifically (unless the owner deletes it from the gallery, of course) again. It doesn't necessarily mean the design is "favored" for any specific reason.

In essence, what the OP truly desires, from what I gathered, is detailed (non-generic) affirmation from peeps who view or favorite her designs.

Ok, that's fine; some folks will give it, and some folks won't. Some have time, others don't. Some folks are wordy, and for others, the best they can offer is, "TFS", which means they appreciate the time you took to share your creation, and certainly no less genuine than a lengthier accolade.

But you (generally speaking "you", not you specifically) do tend to get more flies with honey, than vinegar, eh?! *chuckle*

Rather than asserting in a forum post that folks who favorite without leaving a comment as to why, are rude (by this standard, the majority of the SCS population would therefore be considered rude ), I think anyone is more likely to get what they desire if they indicate quite specifically, as I stated before, that they'd appreciate feedback or commentary on why the design held appeal or was favorited.

By the same token,however, most people are loathe to leave unsolicited constructive criticism unless it is asked for, to avoid being rude or perceived as unkind. So, if you *really* want it, you need to ask them for it. And be prepared for the answer. Some will sugar coat it, and others will provide brutal honesty. LOL!

Occasionally someone will post here in the forum, including a link, when they really want/need some constructive criticism or help from their fellow stampers with a particular project design. And, many will respond--most people want to help/be helpful!

Everybody appreciates positive commentary or affirmation on their work. But not everyone shares their artwork here for that reason; many share to give back as so many have generously shared with them, in the sole interest of inspiring each other, no strings attached, as Joan said.

And some peeps don't care one way or the other; they just need a place to archive their artwork. LOL!
Now, where's that horse . . . ?

;)
Well how far down does the OP need to be smacked before you think she gets the message that most posters to this thread think that she is a "stroke my ego, give me more attention & think I'm special" type of person? Anyone who knows her DEFINATELY knows that she is NOT like that.
I'd like to tell ya all what ya can do with that dead horse.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

Julie, well said as usual.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

And I am not sure how voicing a differing opinion than the original poster is seen as attacking her. I think for the most part people have responded in a fairly civil manner. Just because they don't agree with the OP does not mean they are all out to get her. From the posts made I just don't see where this anger is coming from that we are all out to beat your friend down to a pulp. Maybe stuff was said elsewhere that I am not aware of, but I really don't get the level of hostility.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #84  
Insane Embellisher

Dont really understand the anger that comes with telling everyone what they can do with that dead horse. This is an open internet forum where people are not likely to agree all the time. The giant red letters were really OTT, IMO, and I kind of think you reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

on that note... I know the 'dead horse' comment is just that... a phrase. But we have to have a horse put down on Monday and I'm pretty sad over it so that's striking a nerve for me.

ALSO...with that said... ANYTHING that is posted on an open forum with literally thousands of people, is going to be open for difference of opinions and is also going to have some people that are going to get offended by anything and with some people everything.

Now...with THAT said... hahahha. I think we've definitly gone around and around this too much and too many tempers have flown for reasons that I don't get. I also think its pretty childish to get snarky and make obvious smart alec remarks but that's just my opinion. Agree or not I don't care.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #86  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
on that note... I know the 'dead horse' comment is just that... a phrase. But we have to have a horse put down on Monday and I'm pretty sad over it so that's striking a nerve for me.

ALSO...with that said... ANYTHING that is posted on an open forum with literally thousands of people, is going to be open for difference of opinions and is also going to have some people that are going to get offended by anything and with some people everything.

Now...with THAT said... hahahha. I think we've definitly gone around and around this too much and too many tempers have flown for reasons that I don't get. I also think its pretty childish to get snarky and make obvious smart alec remarks but that's just my opinion. Agree or not I don't care.
I'm sorry about your horse. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

Joan B you are a class act. Your post in no way was offensive and it was very nice that you came back and apologized. There was no need.

When I originally opened this thread and read the OP, I thought to myself "this post is going to get something started" and was pleasantly suprised by how nice everyone was in responding, including the OP. But then one poster came in here and just made it darn ugly.
You know I try to stop by every day for a little while and read, and I haven't been around here for very long, but I have come to feel there is some underlying current of resentment between people. Almost like there are two teams on this forum. A "us and them" mentality. I cannot quite get a grasp it, am I the only one that feels this way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

Comments/Favorites/Views - really doesn't make a difference to me - not that I am unhappy that someone leaves me some cyber lovin on my work... I just know by nature that we are all different - some comment freely others look, appreciate and move on. It's the act of sharing your art with others that is the gift.

I believe in "enjoy the process" - enjoy your creativity and sharing... the rest is just sprinkles on your cupcakes!

Life is not about weathering the storm - It's about dancing in the rain!

My blog: www.kattoys.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes