Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just received the Gemini Jr. and had question on reverse feature.

Hi,

I just got the Gemini Jr. tonight and it works great! I used some intricate dies and it did a wonderful job.

I read the instructions for the reverse feature (there is a reverse button) but I'm not sure how that works. I tried hitting the reverse button to bring the sandwich back to me, but it did nothing.

If anyone happens to have one of these and knows how to make it go in reverse, I woud appreciate any help. I did just write Crafters Companion and asked them, as well. I also went on Youtube and watched several videos, hoping they would use the reverse button, but nobody did.

Thank you so much for any help. :-)

Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Nevermind. The instructions are a little confusing. They tell you to reverse, you hit the reverse button. But you actually have to pause it first and then hit the reverse button. It works great. :-)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sandy Allnock has a new video of the unboxing of her new Genimi Junior that might be helpful. I was surprised that it seemed like she needed to put one item through 4 or 5 times to get it to cut, but it came out fine.

Unboxing: Gemini Junior from Crafters Companion ? Sandy Allnock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 04:42 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The manual states that some highly intricate dies may have to be put through several times. When doing that sometimes I flip the sandwich.

As a side note, the best advice I got was from a Crafter's Companion video (for the regular size Gemini) emphasizing the importance of flipping - and turning - the plates every time to minimize warping. It finally has become a habit after being terrible about that with my poor Cuttlebug plates. The Gemini plates are thinner so this time I got serious.

The regular Gemini videos by CC are useful. And I still keep the manual in front of me to avoid making bad sandwiches. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Skippet, I just watched Sandy Allnock's video. She did a great job with that too. I love reading instructions, especially on a new item. It's just fun to me! LOL Thank you so much for telling me about her video.

bjeans, I still have my Cuttlebug and just love it! It's been wonderful and using a metal shim, will cut intricate dues. The only problem I've had, is my strength - or lack thereof. It's sometimes super hard for me (I'm 52 - still super young), and sometimes, I would ask my husband Don to crank it, when using the metal shim. He was the one who, after hearing me casually mention the Gemini Jr and how it fed automatically, surprised me yesterday, when UPS delivered it. OMG! I was shocked, because I personally couldn't afford this machine. I was so happy! :-)

I love my bug and even though the plates are really worn, I couldn't part with it. LOL It's so cute. :-)

Thanks to you both.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 05:32 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I still love my Cuttlebug too, Beth. Actually two - I "had" to get the spa blue one. But with a minor but permanent hand injury/arthritis, cranking hurts, especially numerous times. One of these days I'll get another B plate (I have many!) and this time absolutely won't cut into it. Really. Maybe. And will undo warping on others.

What a wonderful surprise from your husband! And a bonus - he doesn't have to crank any more! : ) Gem Junior was a gift from my husband too, but I knew about it beforehand. I like that there's no button to push, not that that would be difficult. The woman in Crafters Companion videos says we "offer" the sandwich to the Gemini. Funny.

Another Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 05:50 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I just watched Sandy's video - nice. She may not have had to run the die through as many times as she did. And since she was going forward and reversing it, I wondered if she was allowing the die to go all the way through. She well may have - I'd have to watch more carefully. In any case, she was happy and the card was so pretty!

She said she's not good at die cutting but I'd never seen the scotch tape trick to adhere a die. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lamborghini Gal, just got my machine today and your information cleared up my reverse question. Thank you. karren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Krobinson, so glad that helped. I love the GJ! I haven't used it lately, because I have not made any cards in a few months. It has worked great for me though and does a wonderful job cutting my dies. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes