Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Not Interested in SU Anymore

Anyone else find this happening to them. I first got into stamping because a friend of mine went to an SU party and then she in turn showed me some of the products and the catty. I use to pretty much only order from SU and thought about becoming a demo. I would always get excited for new catty's and loved making my SU wishlist.

Now I really could care less. I don't even think it is because there are so many other companies out there or because they have made changes to their product line. It just isn't an exciting company to me anymore. If this were a year ago I would be super excited about getting the new colors that are coming.

I started thinking about it a little more yesterday and realized that I think part of the reason that I just don't care about SU products anymore is some of what goes on in these forums. Now don't get me wrong I love coming here and I love looking at everyone's work, getting people's help and just the general chatter. What I don't like is that is seems like almost every SU thread ends up in some debate and to an extent arguement about SU policies or company decisions. I have no issues with people having their opinions, but when the demos start battling back on forth and complain about the company they represent and their policies or choices amoung customers it makes me think why do I want to shop with a company that has people representing them that don't think twice about bad mouthing them.

Now I understand not everyone is like this and that everyone complains about their job and/or company at one point or another, but I would never do it in front of a customer or out in the open in a public forum.

Am I the only one who feels this way? and for the record I do not feel like all demos are like this and most are talk very positive about their company, but there are some who don't think twice about talking in a negative manner and they tend to stand out quite a bit.

Wishlist
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Kelli

So sorry that you feel as you do due to the actions of a vocal few. While I am certain that there are many people who are no longer gung ho about SU due to changing tastes, preferances for other companies, etc., it's a shame to hear someone lose their enthusiasm/desire for any particular company due to other people's action.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I believe that the negative can positively influence people and become negative.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I am losing interest in SU, but not for the same reason. I feel their stamps are not varied enough. I mean, really...how many floral stamp sets can you have? I'm just bored with their style, I guess. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of vintage and IMHO...SU stamps, papers and embellishments scream vintage.

As for other SCS'ers action, I figure for every one bad-behavior poster, there are probably 100+ good posters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, while the drama always amazes me I'm still a lover of SU! I go to my monthly workshop and I don't really connect the negatives here with the fun and enjoyment at the workshops. They are just two different things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Well, while the drama always amazes me I'm still a lover of SU! I go to my monthly workshop and I don't really connect the negatives here with the fun and enjoyment at the workshops. They are just two different things.
I agree. I have been a demo for 5 years now and the negativity has been horrible. There are certain policies they have put into effect lately that have left alot of people upset and digruntled. The new ida has no bearing on me since I don't blog or anything. I have a small but great group of Ladies who I love to spend time with. I love the products. I love getting the sneak peaks, and that is what keeps me being a demo. I have learned a long time ago to try and ignore the sourness. Some of the negativity comes from demos, and some comes from former demos too. I think that it is easy to jump to conclusions and to jump on the negativity bandwagon, I have done it myself, but I am trying to stop and think about things and how much or little they affect me before I go spouting off. I am not a pollyanna nor am I a negative nelly either. Some days I lean a bit more towards one or the other but I try to stay in the middle. I think of all the negative things about some of the brick and mortar stores....not all of the stores are the same and not all are run horibbly and it isn't fair to judge them all by the actions of one. And I try not to judge a company on here based on a few comments...especially when I have been treated great by them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm still as excited about the new catalog. I love it for ideas and so I can know what's new in SU and I like to imagine what some of the work I'm going to see with the stamps are.

But I do find myself actually BUYING less. But not for your reasons (although they are totally valid of course). I find I'm liking clear more and more. It suprised me a bunch, but I like them. Also I'm having huge diminishing returns on stamps. I feel like I've honed my collection to my FAVORITE things. It takes more than a cute stamp now to get me excited. It has to be something that really grabs me. It doesn't happen as much anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I think any company can get stale to you if you watch it long enough. I used to buy a tremendous amount of Hero Arts. Then it was like, that's enough. I probably haven't bought 10 HA stamps in the last 2 years. Inkadinkado was another I bought alot of, but lately, they don't get much of my business.

SU still has sets that fall into a style I like. I really loved the 2003 catalogue and I still buy stamps in that realistic style. I haven't seen the new catty's sneak peaks but I will be glad to se it when it gets here.

I can understand if you buy one company over and over that it get's old.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Stay away from the forums if the get you frustrated. There are always going to be grumpy employees. Enjoy the galleries. Plus - there are so many companies out there to enjoy. Who says next year SU won't be your favorite again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I think any company can get stale to you if you watch it long enough. I used to buy a tremendous amount of Hero Arts. Then it was like, that's enough. I probably haven't bought 10 HA stamps in the last 2 years. Inkadinkado was another I bought alot of, but lately, they don't get much of my business.

SU still has sets that fall into a style I like. I really loved the 2003 catalogue and I still buy stamps in that realistic style. I haven't seen the new catty's sneak peaks but I will be glad to se it when it gets here.

I can understand if you buy one company over and over that it get's old.
That is so true, and I know that most companies tend to rehash the designs so you end up seeing the same thing in different versions all over the place. I have been using SU for about 10 years and while I do see alot of the sameness in designs, I have seen some newer style too. I think that most companies do try to stay with the times and it is easier for those that do monthly releases than it is for a company that does one or two main catalogs a year. The playing field has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 5-6 years, and everything goes thru a cycle. Just because you don't care for a look/line now, doesnt mean that there won't be something to love down the line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

[QUOTE=pjl-ny;16857562]IMaybe it's because I'm not a big fan of vintage and IMHO...SU stamps, papers and embellishments scream vintage.

Your comment made me smile because I and many others I know and discuss products with are vintage lovers who have felt that the vintage style options have become extremely limited in SU and are only now just starting to make a welcome comeback! Poor SU - how to make everyone happy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

that's just it - you can't make everyone happy...it's not possible. That's why there are so many companies and so many papercrafting styles out there.

I loved the SU products when I first started stamping and the first couple of years the bulk of my money went to SU. I've expanded to other companies for my stamps as I have now learned what my style is but I stick with SU cardstock and ink because I love how it all matches....

I know other companies now offer matching cardstock and ink but I'll be sticking with SU for a while - matching consumables really make the difference on the look of a card.

Another thing I should mention...without SU this forum probably wouldn't exist and I'd be typing to myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #13  
neglecting the kids and housework

I'm a demo and excited about this catty because it is my style. I don't think I've purchased ten sets in the last 2 catties.

However not the point of my posting. I keep seeing this in the recent posts list and keep thinking of that book, He's Just Not That Into You.

You're just not that into SU LOL

Sad tho that it's not style that's predicating your displeasure it's others' over exuberant sharing of issues. :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I buy what I like from SU and other companies. I guess I don't worry about policies of the company unless they directly affect me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

The way I see it is every company is going to be criticized every now and then - goes with the territory.

The reason it seems that SU has more than others is in relation to the size of the company and amount of demos. they are the largest by far, so it stands to reason they have the largest share of critics.

Having said that, with all the changes in the last year, they have opened themselves up to much of it and I am sure are aware of the consequences. They weigh bad publicity in with every decision they make.

What bothers me about this is the "Negative Nelly" label that people get smacked with if they have a legit beef. I do not like everything they do and should not be silenced if I wish to express it, within reason, of course.

Instead of muzzling those voices perhaps SU should hear it and maybe make some changes that may turn people on to their products again, instead of continually turning more off.

The "Sunshine and Roses" gang that handslap others for criticizing are a large part why the negativity receives so much attention. It is just as much them who make the negative posts into those "battles" you speak of.

Also, if someone is so easily turned by someone else's opinions they sound a bit wishy washy to start with.

I love SU, but I notice them shooting themselves in the foot a lot lately, they shouldn't be surprised if they are bleeding a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So here's my take on it. Negativity aside, the stuff is just not unique anymore. I can find $1 stamps that are just as good and copy the SU stuff. In the beginning, when stamps were few and far between, SU has an advantage. That is just not the case anymore.

Honestly? I wish they would do a retro thing. There are many older stamps that have become very expensive to have and I missed b/c I had not heard of SU. They should revise some of the older ones and then I would be interested. Right now it seems to be more of the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

I lost interest in Stampin' Up since I don't see anything new they introduce. They seem to only have the same style stamps and only a limited amount of embellishments and tools.

I am not a fan of the matchy-matchy idea. I feel it's much more creative to put together your own color combinations.

I disagree with a previous comment. If Stampin' Up were not around, I believe this website would still be going strong. Many people are not into the Stampin' Up line. It's just that many don't voice it for fear of being stepped on from some members of this website.

Remember variety keeps things interesting and challenging!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Honestly? I wish they would do a retro thing. There are many older stamps that have become very expensive to have and I missed b/c I had not heard of SU. They should revise some of the older ones and then I would be interested. Right now it seems to be more of the same.
You should write/email SU about this - you are not alone in wishing for this! Maybe if they hear from enough people they will consider it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne JohnsonView Post
You should write/email SU about this - you are not alone in wishing for this! Maybe if they hear from enough people they will consider it...
Maybe i should! I just want Best of Cluck but not at $90!!!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjl-nyView Post
I am losing interest in SU, but not for the same reason. I feel their stamps are not varied enough. I mean, really...how many floral stamp sets can you have? I'm just bored with their style, I guess. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of vintage and IMHO...SU stamps, papers and embellishments scream vintage.

As for other SCS'ers action, I figure for every one bad-behavior poster, there are probably 100+ good posters.
=======================

Re: their stamps. I agree. Heavy floral and I'M NOT BUYING ANY MORE FLORAL STAMPS.

I can't remember the last time I bought a stamp set.

I DO like "matchy-matchy" paper, DSP, ink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

The way to eliminate the drama is to avoid the threads that have SU in the subject.

There's so much else to share, and the back-and-forth is tiresome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiMView Post
Stay away from the forums if the get you frustrated. There are always going to be grumpy employees. Enjoy the galleries. Plus - there are so many companies out there to enjoy. Who says next year SU won't be your favorite again?
It's not really that I am fustrated, I am just being turned off by the manner in which people represent the company that they work for which in turn makes me not want to buy from that company. At this point it would really take an awful lot to entice me back as a customer.

I would feel the same way if I went into a brick and mortar store and associates were standing around bad mouthing new products that their company choose to carry or a new policy that may have gone into place. You may not like it, but you need to standby it in front of a customer.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=
I disagree with a previous comment. If Stampin' Up were not around, I believe this website would still be going strong. Many people are not into the Stampin' Up line. It's just that many don't voice it for fear of being stepped on from some members of this website.

Remember variety keeps things interesting and challenging!

Patti[/QUOTE]

I think maybe all that was meant by the statement about this site not being around if it weren't for Stampin Up is that it was started by a SU demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

I don't mind negativity or different views about SU.

I lost interest in SU when they came to the UK with extortionate prices compared to the US. It annoyed me.

And now with so many new companies and exciting designs I rarely even look at the catty. In fact when I do, it's only for ideas. I'm never looking to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

The astronomical prices turned me off a long time ago! I don't think you'll see me buying SU! again.. (Except maybe at a garage sale or something...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Hi, I'm not on here that often. I pop on here and there so this is not a discussion I've participated in before nor do I have any sense what the climate is on SCS any longer but I do recall that SCS was started by people connected to SU. Or formerly connected. Not sure if that's fact but that's my recollection from 8 years ago.

Kelli, I applaud your having your opinion. I'm one of those demonstrators that always says "to each his own" because what you love or dislike does not have to be what I love or dislike. I feel there's room for everybody.

I am sorry you have seen negativity from demonstrators. I've seen it too on here over the years. It baffles me. There's a funny line that some seem to have no issue crossing over and that line, for me, is just being professional and respectful. I do not like some politicians. I do not like some people I come into contact with through my children's schools but I would never rake them over the coals in public. That goes on here and it's one of the reasons you do not see top demonstrators with the company on here very much. We just do not behave like that as a general rule and we have no time for it.

Almost every time I see some broohaha on SCS, I ask my rep at SU if there's some big thing brewing and many, many more times than not, my rep has said that the achiever's who have these reps (like her) are not talking about the stuff that the demonstrators who call into the general support line do. There's a difference between us in a general sense and unfortunately, some like to complain, complain, complain and choose to do it publicly where others either don't share the complaint or just choose to not use this venue to do it in. If I have a complaint or concern, I keep it to myself and talk to SU directly. I owe it to myself and to the company I'm affiliated with to address concerns head on and wait for their reply. Others like to spew with zero substantiation and I think you get a lot of that here.

I love this venue that I really do believe was started as an offshoot from former or current SU demos but it has changed dramatically over the years. I would never say it's all negative now but negative people seem to be the scqueakier wheel.

I go on incentive trips with SU and I'll never forget asking a gal who was our Demo #1 years ago if she visited SCS and she looked at me as though I had three heads and said "no, but sometimes the gallery". She taught me a valuable lesson in her reply and that is do your own thing, keep your business clean, stay positive and mind your own business. She didn't say those words but our discussion about public forums was spot-on. She did not have time to be on here. It's not about being arrogant or too good for SCS. She was busy being an achiever and so I took my lead from her and have really stayed off here, or at least on the general stamping side. There are Negative Nelly's in every business, in every community, in our churches, in our schools. I just choose to not be like that. And I don't like hearing it.

You are absolutely within your rights to blow SU off completely if you don't like us anymore. I do that with businesses too. Tastes change, priorities change, etc... I only say as one who loves SU (and who is a cynical big-city girl so do not envision me as someone who sips the Kool-Aid) I just have to say that I don't think it's as stale as you think. I am a naturalized citizen of the US and my favorite part of that, besides being able to vote, is that we can all say or think what we want without consequence!

I applaud your differing opinion. I disagree with some things you said but you have every right to feel that way! I hope no one judges all of us the same as, boy, after having met the top demo's at our achiever's functions, I can say that I've never met a nicer, more respectful and more classy group of women who all love our company and who all are welcome (by SU) to disagree with it. And the corporate team is amazing. Like I said, I'm cynical by nature but these people have won me over and if you knew me, you'd be able to appreciate how big a feat that is.

Best of luck to you. The bottom line is that if you like to stamp or scrapbook, who cares whose company you support? Just enjoy yourself and enjoy the feeling you (and I) get when we stamp or when we give something stamped to someone else. THAT is the most important part of this whole craft to me - using one tiny card to give of myself. Who cares whose stamp you use to get there?

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #27  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star StamperView Post
Best of luck to you. The bottom line is that if you like to stamp or scrapbook, who cares whose company you support? Just enjoy yourself and enjoy the feeling you (and I) get when we stamp or when we give something stamped to someone else. THAT is the most important part of this whole craft to me - using one tiny card to give of myself. Who cares whose stamp you use to get there?
I love this statement! I like getting into chit-chat with the friends I've made on this site. However, sometimes I stumble onto a thread filled with anger and negativity. Instead of responding, I move over to the gallery for inspiration. I'm here for inspiration and to inspire. What kind of products someone uses to share their creativity is irrelevant to me. I don't think anyone should have to apologize for not using a particular company because it doesn't fit their style. Stamp on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #28  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Me too! I can think of a few sets from long ago that I'd love to see back again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
Me too! I can think of a few sets from long ago that I'd love to see back again.
Ooh! I think this is a great idea! With the online store, they could just have a retro section with some of them available there - they wouldn't even have to put them in the catty. I'd love to get some of those old goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

I bought a couple of SU sets, and I would have to say the price is what turns me away. I just cant see myself spending $28 on one stamp set. Plus they are just really not my style. The only thing I really liked about SU is the paper. But what my demo charges is way to much for paper I think. At .39 a piece I think again they are over priced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #31  
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
I bought a couple of SU sets, and I would have to say the price is what turns me away. I just cant see myself spending $28 on one stamp set. Plus they are just really not my style. The only thing I really liked about SU is the paper. But what my demo charges is way to much for paper I think. At .39 a piece I think again they are over priced.
Why in the world is your demo charging you a price per piece? You should pay the catalog price plus any shipping and taxes. Demos do not set the prices of items. We simply share our knowledge and love of stamping and use the catalog to promote. Something's not right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For those wanting old sets to come back - a few years ago at Convention SU sold many of those old stamp plates to demos as a collectable item as they would never made again.
I think they sold for like $100 each. SO they would have to make NEW plates if they wanted to bring old sets back and they would not be the same. . This was actually suggested many many times to SU.

Yes there is some negativity but it is also fueled by demos jumping on anyone that says anything about SU that they do not like. I have felt that wrath along with many others.
When I quit my demoship I still planned on being a customer. But then I also got turned off and ill-feeling after a threads on SCS and comments/arguements by demos.
The biggest thing for me was seeing others get flamed for saying any little thing about SU. Some even got very nasty PMs by a few demos here on SCS.

I did find other stamp companies that I love and I am not limited anymore.
SU does not have that many stamps that I care for. I have found another company that fits my style much better now. And that is OK for me.
If the new catty comes out and I like something - then I will buy it. I still belong to a SU stamp group. I go to as I love to see these gals and stamp once a month with them.
I do buy Bigshot things and sometimes something else to fullfill my $20 monthly order.

I do not hate SU. When I started stamping it was all SU for me and I am thankful for that. Because of SU I am a stamper today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 AM   #33  

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChelseaView Post
Ooh! I think this is a great idea! With the online store, they could just have a retro section with some of them available there - they wouldn't even have to put them in the catty. I'd love to get some of those old goodies!
Maybe we can be hopeful that some of the older sets will return. I can think of two sets that SU did release again- Dreams & Dragons and more recently Monkey Business. There may have been others that I'm not thinking of at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
For those wanting old sets to come back - a few years ago at Convention SU sold many of those old stamp plates to demos as a collectable item as they would never made again.
I think they sold for like $100 each. SO they would have to make NEW plates if they wanted to bring old sets back and they would not be the same. . This was actually suggested many many times to SU.
Oh, no.....I didn't know this. Guess we won't be seeing some of those older sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

I am sorry you feel that way, but understand. I would guess that some of the demos who are bad mouthing SU! are no longer demos or are on their way to resigning. And if they are still demos and that upset about policies etc. then they need to move on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Default agreed

I also find I am looking to other styles of stamps. I'm using copics now and am trying more individual characters, instead of stamp sets, besides stampin up is getting quite expensive, but so are some other few companies. I love
there cardstock colors, and the combinations shown on this site, so will always buy for that reason. Digital images are getting to be so much more economical, and popular, though won't use just them. I agree with this gals opinions also

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjl-nyView Post

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 AM   #37  
Crimping Master

my .02 cents worth.............
I love SU and basically any stamping items.....I enjoy my hobby of stamping and all that goes with it........from SU or many other companies.
I get super excited about the new catty coming out soon!
I just don't get into all the negativity and bashing...I tend to skip over all of that and focus on the creation and creativity.......
I am not a demo. I enjoy stamping as a hobby and it relaxes me. I can and do create cards or scrapbook pages with many different products and many different companies.
but SU is my first go to.......for cardstock, inks, and of course stamps. Then I will purchase DP or other stamps etc from other companies.

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyJView Post
I think maybe all that was meant by the statement about this site not being around if it weren't for Stampin Up is that it was started by a SU demo.
Exactly! That's what I meant...guess I should have elaborated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

little_lottie....I'm not sure your explanation is what was meant. Perhaps the original poster for that comment will come back and clarify their meaning.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
I also find I am looking to other styles of stamps. I'm using copics now and am trying more individual characters, instead of stamp sets, besides stampin up is getting quite expensive, but so are some other few companies. I love
there cardstock colors, and the combinations shown on this site, so will always buy for that reason. Digital images are getting to be so much more economical, and popular, though won't use just them. I agree with this gals opinions also
Wow, I could have written this myself! I would like to add that part of the fun of SU! was being "in the club". Going to stamp camp with friends and my upline, and stamping together was part of the excitement of SU. When I moved away and stopped being a demo, I lost my enthusiasm for the product and have moved to more cost effective ways to enjoy my card making - by myself. Copics, Digis, and single character stamps that have new releases and fresh product each month keep me more engaged now.
Reply With Quote Likes