Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
My design team, many, many published designers that submit on behalf of Gina K. Designs, and I have submitted tons of Gina K. Designs cards to Papercrafts and their special issues. I know there is one Gina K. Designs card in Stamp it this month. (Yay Nina Brackett!!! Your card is just beautiful!!)

I have been published quite a bit in most of the other magazines but I can't figure out the formula to get a card published in Papercrafts yet. I'm working on it and I will keep trying because I really love the magazine. LOL!

I have, on the other hand, managed to run a couple of full page ads with Papercrafts! Ha-ha!! ;)
I have a card using Gina K. stamps that is supposed to be in an up-coming issue called Go-To Sketches. But, I agree, that there doesn't seem to be a formula. I have just been submitting what I have made that I like and not taking it personal when they don't want it. After seeing the magazine, I always see cards that I like better than the ones I submitted. ;)

I love my Paper Crafts magazine and just renewed my subscription. It's good to know that a Go-To gal is taking the time to listen to everyones concerns and opinions!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #82  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I still love it. But I think my own card tastes have changed and so it is still a good fit for me. Like quick cards that are really CAS in nature. I don't mind premade materials, I either use something similar or make something similar.

I will agree that your average issue of any magazine is not more inspiring than any day's gallery entries here, add in the 300+ blogs I read and I definately get more inspiration from the net than I do from any magazines. However I can't surf the net while I'm laying in bed, or at the park with my kids or waiting for a Dr appt. So magazines are still valuable for me.

Papercrafts is my favorite. Stamp It Cards, the special issue is my very favorite thing that happens in print all year. Right with the Hero Arts catalog and the Stampin' Up catalog. I don't get any more craft magazine subscriptions.
I totally agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
I totally agree.
generally a good policy. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

If we could have Stamp It Cards come out monthly I'd DIE of joy.

Gina, I get a little happy feeling when I see your stamps in print. I think it's because I feel like I know you so it's like a friend getting published. When they are Gina K stamps and the byline says Erin Kellogg, I get a REALLY BIG happy feeling. haha.

It's one of my goals for this year to be published in Papercrafts. We shall see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 AM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

i have to completely agree with the OP and many others here. i have talked to many of my papercrafting friends/designers and the consensus is always the same - too basic, too much of all the same style, too many things left not covered - mainly colics or any type of coloring really, and a distinct lack of cricut, die cuttig machines and cuttlebug stuff. i really can't understand it because it is obvious from the online community that those are the MAIN popular items....what we ALSO talk about is thta when we make things to submit we go in a totally different direction than our norm - sort of dumbed down for lack of a better term. i see it in others who are published as well - i know there style online and what i see in the mag is very different. also the general style i see in the mag is definitely NOT what the prevailing style in the community is. i do understand the might want to appel to a more run of the mill audience - not us crazy obssesed online-ers tht are exposed to so much more. your average michaels shopper who has just a passing interest in papercrafting seems to be more their terget audience. i think the mag just needs a HECK of a lot more variety and seems to be stuck in a rut. i honestly only renewed my subscription to get the 20% michaels coupon each month but i think it stopped being in there.

anyway i just don't think those of us that frequent the online papercrafting world are the target audience for papercrafts magazine. of course i also notice that because things require such an advanced submission the products used are usually SO old news to me that i don't find that to be a draw either like it was before i became so active online.

BUT perhaps i will give it a try like the girl from PC suggested and submit more of MY style of stuff and see what happens but so far everything i have sent in has been rejected. however i HAVE been published several times in both cardmaker and crfts n things so i can't be ALL bad right??? it did feel like this most recent issue was just the same type of card over and over and over..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

OH and yes the way supplies are listed is HIDEOUS - for me to be as familiar as i am with all of the companies and stuff out there to still not be able to tell what the heck stuff is and who it is by seems ridiculous. i often just give up and put the mag away.

i did like the class i took from them at ch and got some ideas of hwo to use the mag to design classes BUT agian geared towards beginners which i think is the key.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I love ALL papercrafting magazines - no matter who puts them out. I find that even if something isn't my style, there is always something cool that the artist has done that I can take from the project and incorporate into something I'm doing.

I read a statistic the other day and don't remember the numbers, but do remember that magazine subscriptions are way down in all areas. It could be the economy, or an on-going trend, but it bothers me to learn this. I believe that if you enjoy (most of the time) a publication and want to see it continue, and of course can afford it, please subscribe. Trends come and go - that's why they are called trends, and there will always be something that you can learn from others.

Now - with that being said, it's survival of the fittest out there in the dog-eat-dog (what a weird saying) world of competitive magazines. Those who fill the need of the most will stay in business...those who do not will slowly just fade from view.

Personally, I wax and wane in magazine subscriptions. I subscribe for years, then stop for a time, then sign back up...as my interest is piqued/ 2010 is the year of subscriptions for me...I have renewed all my old subscriptions. I guess I need a little extra motivation. HA!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #88  

As far as how something is described, unless it's a brand new technique or a paper line I've never seen before, I never even look at the supplies or directions...so that point isn't really relevant for me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I did want to share one Idea I had for getting more out of my magazines.

I know lots of people cut them out for their idea books but this new plan I have works better for me.

I take the magazine and just generally look at it. I enjoy it that way as the first way.
Then I read all the tips and questions for the go to gals or whatever the magazine has that's like that. That's number two.
Usually after that I'm done and pass it to a friend or throw it out.
But now I go through a third time and look at each card again. I try to see something I might like to use from each card, maybe the way they tied their ribbon, the sketch of the card, a unique color combo, whatever. I write in pen right in the magazine what I liked. Sometimes my girlfriend Roniece and I do this activity together, making it super fun (she gets the same magazines as me, hence the no more passing it on to a friend)
Then when I sit down to craft and nothing comes to mind right away I pull out any issue I have done this with and flip through. I might say, "Oh, ribbon on the corner of a card!" and go from there.

So maybe if you are not enjoying your magazines and you still have time left in your subscription that might be an idea for you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #90  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1busymomof2View Post
Oh I agree about all the PTI products used, but this is due to the fact that PTI doesn't retire anything. SU! retires stuff every year, so by the time the mag comes out the stamps/paper/ribbon possibly isn't even available. That is why you see the decline in SU stuff. When you make a card for submission, the supplies used need to be available for consumers when the magazine comes out, so the designers have to think 6 months ahead, sometimes longer. Which is no easy task at times
I think this is a really great point. Now that SU has gone back to 1 catalog a year, I would think the number of cards/projects using SU products would increase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #91  

Brilliant idea Erin!

Quote:

I know lots of people cut them out for their idea books but this new plan I have works better for me.

I take the magazine and just generally look at it. I enjoy it that way as the first way.
Then I read all the tips and questions for the go to gals or whatever the magazine has that's like that. That's number two.
But now I go through a third time and look at each card again. I try to see something I might like to use from each card, maybe the way they tied their ribbon, the sketch of the card, a unique color combo, whatever. I write in pen right in the magazine what I liked. Sometimes my girlfriend Roniece and I do this activity together, making it super fun (she gets the same magazines as me, hence the no more passing it on to a friend)
Then when I sit down to craft and nothing comes to mind right away I pull out any issue I have done this with and flip through. I might say, "Oh, ribbon on the corner of a card!" and go from there.

So maybe if you are not enjoying your magazines and you still have time left in your subscription that might be an idea for you?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=Erin K;16164446]Oh I did want to share one Idea I had for getting more out of my magazines.

But now I go through a third time and look at each card again.

I do something similar to this. I'm one of those people who carries around my card magazines...one in my purse...one in my car...all over my house... I try to focus on something different each time I am browsing, "Ok, this time through I am ONLY looking at color combinations." or "Ok, this time through I am ONLY going to look for layouts." or "Ok, this time through I am only going to notice greeting style...is it stickers, rub-on, stamp..." or "Ok, this time I am only going to look for all the cute ways to tie ribbon...and learn to do some different ways!" etc... I find that this keeps me continually inspired by different things each time.

I love Erin K.'s idea of writing right in the magazine. I'm going to try that.

I also have to say that this thread has inspired me to submit some cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

I find that I get enough inspiration on SCS and other forums/galleries and bogs without subscribing to any card/paper craft magazines. And the two best part of that? 1) it's free, 2) and if I see a card I really love and have a question, I can email the creator and they kindly help me out and sometimes I make a new friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #94  
Stampin' Fool

I LOVE Paper Crafts! I get excited to see a new issue! As far as the CAS cards they often feature, I love them. They may have only one stamp, a few buttons or whatever the case may be, but it takes a lot of talent and vision to be able to choose and place those items. On a CAS card EVERYTHING counts. Nothing goes unnoticed. That takes a lot of talent. I love to see more embellished cards, too, but I see a TON of those here and on all of the blogs I visit for FREE! I am not a long time reader, but I like what I see. I love that we can share our opinions here. In stating my differences of opinion, I am not attacking the OP, simply sharing my differing opinion. If we all thought the same way, we wouldn't be exposed each day to these wonderful new ideas, techniques and styles!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #95  

Good point. Are you a fan club member?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
I find that I get enough inspiration on SCS and other forums/galleries and bogs without subscribing to any card/paper craft magazines. And the two best part of that? 1) it's free, 2) and if I see a card I really love and have a question, I can email the creator and they kindly help me out and sometimes I make a new friend.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Lynn in St. Louis! I was previously a fan club member but at this time I am not. I am thinking of renewing though. BTW I love your artwork and I have fun with your challenges although I do not post any of my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #97  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I'm going to agree with Erin...again.;)

I look at all sorts of magazines, but my style is definitely clean and simple. I still find amazing inspiration in cards that are over-the-top embellished. Maybe it's the layout, or a color combo, or a single embellishment used perfectly...just like Erin describes above.

I'll even CAS-ify (clean and simplify) multi-layered, highly-embellished cards to make them more my style and post pics of the original and my version on my blog. You can definitely see the connection between the cards, although the styles and products are so very different. Inspiration is everywhere...if you train your eye to see it.

I'll bet that my CAS-ification process would work in the opposite direction: you could "embell-ify" a simple, graphic card you see in PC Mag. How's that for a challenge?

I double-dog dare ya! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #98  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencerView Post
... If we all thought the same way, we wouldn't be exposed each day to these wonderful new ideas, techniques and styles!
Well stated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #99  

Ya know - as long as you are creating and having a great time - that's all that matters!

Much like my comment about supporting magazines that you love, you should also support the forums and communities you love. Not only does being a fan club member do that, but also by buying from the advertisers and member companies. Lord knows, I do my fair share of monetary support...LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
Hi Lynn in St. Louis! I was previously a fan club member but at this time I am not. I am thinking of renewing though. BTW I love your artwork and I have fun with your challenges although I do not post any of my cards.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #100  
Die Cut Diva

I have to say I do purchase most of the magazines each month or whenever they come out. But I do get tired of just seeing cards that are just pasting paper on paper. Really no particular techniques used that do require a bit of talent and skill. Too much stickers and very little stamping for the main image.

I do like the articles, though some are not exactly my style, but do like reading them anyway. I also look for the advertisements as they may show new products or be companies that I've never heard of. Split Coast seems to only advertise or people talk about a very few. There are so many out there to explore.

The only magazine I did stop purchasing is Cards. Only a picture book and no articles or advertisements for products. Cards are too simple requiring little to no talent.

Again, just my opinion as others are voicing theirs.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
I'm going to agree with Erin...again.;)

:-D
As I stated, generally a good policy. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #102  
Mad Swapper

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #103  
Hardware Hotshot

For starters, I haven't read through this whole thread, so if I'm repeating someone else, forgive me!

I don't subscribe to a lot of magazines because they tend to be pricey. But if the mood hits me and I need some inspiration, I'll pick one up.

Before Christmas, I bought a copy of the newest release from Paper Crafts magazine called "A Card A Day" (published through Leisure Arts). It sells for 21.95, but I got a great deal through Barnes and Noble.com and spent around $15 for it. When you consider that is the cost of some of Somerset's publications, I thought it was a steal. And let me tell you, I think it's fabulous! A card idea for every day of the year! 365 creations! And it's filled with lovely artwork from a lot of you SCS rock stars that are so inspiring to all of us! The book also includes color combos, card sketches, and storage solutions.

Keep up the great work, all of you crafty divas! We appreciate what you do for printed publications as well as what you post here on SCS and on your blogs...YOU ROCK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #104  
Hardware Hotshot

I forgot to mention how much I have come to appreciate Clean and Simple cards. After trying many myself, I have learned that a card may look simple, but that doesn't mean that it didn't take a lot of thought and creativity to make it all come together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

As I stated, generally a good policy. ;)
This totally cracked me up. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #106  
Mad Swapper

I still love Paper Crafts, HOWEVER, the biggest problem I have with them is that in their "submission rules" they say they only want items that are current or that can still be purchased through said company. BUT, all the time I see cards/projects published with SU paper that was retired 3 years ago (Cool Caribbean anyone?) or stamp sets that retired 2 years ago that can't be purchased anywhere but ebay (or SCS-lol).

So I guess it's kind of discouraging that they say they don't want outdated products, but then they publise plenty with outdated stuff. ?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #107  
Hardware Hotshot

I just recently let my subscription expire. Just not into the magazine anymore. I think I could probably browse it in a store and in 5 min have finished with it. I will look out for those special issues that others have mentioned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me, its me who changes not the magazine. What I currently like right now may be something I can't stand in 6 months. My tastes change over time so maybe I'm not getting what I want or need from a magazine. When that happens, I just let the subscription expire. I currently subscribe to Paper Crafts, Cards, RSM and Card Maker. I use to get Scrapbook Trends and Simply Handmade, but have let them expire. I will buy Stamp It when I can find it--wish you could subscribe to that one.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #109  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

As a designer that submits to Paper Crafts, what might look like something "basic" or run of the mill to one person, has taken that designer a lot of time to execute and design immaculately. For me, the hardest part of designing a card, is showing restraint and making something that is well-balanced and thoughtful.

I think the magazine encourages readers to very quickly create a well-designed creation with supplies they already have with few techniques. When I go through the magazine and see projects that I can actually create, I say, "Oh, I can DO that", a lightbulb goes off in my head and I'm off creating! The magazine inspires without being overwhelming.

It took me a year of submitting off and on to finally receive my first acceptance notification. For those of you going through the same thing, keep on trying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisvilleCardsView Post
I still love Paper Crafts, HOWEVER, the biggest problem I have with them is that in their "submission rules" they say they only want items that are current or that can still be purchased through said company. BUT, all the time I see cards/projects published with SU paper that was retired 3 years ago (Cool Caribbean anyone?) or stamp sets that retired 2 years ago that can't be purchased anywhere but ebay (or SCS-lol).

So I guess it's kind of discouraging that they say they don't want outdated products, but then they publise plenty with outdated stuff. ?!?!?!
I refuse to accept that Cool Caribbean is dead. I still have plenty so it's alive and well in my world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #111  
Hardware Hotshot

I was in a Hobby Lobby this afternoon, and browsed throguh the Paper Crafts and Stamp It issues. I understand what everyone was saying about the PTI overload now! Doesn't Nichole Heady serve on the Paper Crafts editorial board, or was that in the past before she launched her stamp line? In any case, I wouldn't be suprised if there was a bit of nepotism going on there. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #112  
Stampin' Fool

Ok, let me just say--I have never purchased anything PTI. (Hears the sound of dozens of people falling off their chairs). Nor do I look at the supplies list for the paper and/or cardstock or stamps for whatever project I'm staring at in any magazine. (Ya'll can get up off the floor now).

I like PaperCrafts Magazine. I get ideas from it. Yes I like it when there are other things besides cards, but hey, it's cool. I also like Paper Creations, CardMaker, love Stamp It and have a dozen special issue magazines from wherever I got them from. Let's see--I purchased Room to Room which I think is a special issue put out a couple of years ago by PaperCrafts. I also purchased Papercrafting 101 or something like that too. I have all the JustCards magazines. I have Scrap and Stamp Arts or whatever. I can't even remember the mags I have.

Plus my old Memory Makers and Scrapbook Etcs. The only magazine I refuse to purchase is Creating Keepsakes. Now isn't it funny that I like PaperCrafts but can't stomach CK?

And I don't have a laptop so I can't bring my computer to bed. It's too heavy. I think my hubby might get mad if I tell him he can't go to bed yet because I haven't finished reading all my blogs.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #113  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I find every magazine starts to look the same after a while that's why I revolve my subscriptions! On year I got Paper Crafts, then the next I got something else. Took a break from subscriptions and then I got the Cards magazine for one year. After a while, you notice a major trend in each mag. For example, all I tended to see in Cards magazine was the one big word per card ... interesting for a bit and then I just was over it for a while!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
I was in a Hobby Lobby this afternoon, and browsed throguh the Paper Crafts and Stamp It issues. I understand what everyone was saying about the PTI overload now! Doesn't Nichole Heady serve on the Paper Crafts editorial board, or was that in the past before she launched her stamp line? In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of nepotism going on there. ;)
that's fairly strong assumption... do you have anything factual to prove that? I believe that Nichole Heady left Paper Crafts magazine in 2007. Whether or not that was before PTI was started, I have no idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #114  
Crimping Master

A few replies to different things...

Nichole Heady stepped down from the Editorial Board when she left Paper Crafts a few years ago.

Paper Crafts didn't actually start off as a part of Creating Keepsakes magazine in any way. Paper Crafts was previously just Crafts magazine and became Paper Crafts in 2004. Both Creating Keepsake and Paper Crafts were then purchased by the same company and, because of that, are sister publications.

I see that many of you have posted that you feel the supply lists are confusing... that is interesting to me as I've never really thought about it. {I only skim the supply lists if I'm looking for something specific, so that part is probably the part I read the least.} I'll think on that one some more. I'm not sure what could be done about it, but it's something to mull on and bring up for discussion.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #115  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
You know.. it's all about who submits... I rarely submit because it takes SO MUCH TIME!! i think the people who submit are dedicated to getting published and it's part of their craft.. for me it's such a nuisance.. I LOVE getting published, but there is often just too much going on in my life to sit down and re-type my information into each and every card i submit.. (i wish the papercrafts website remembered my basic information at least....what if there was a designer login where you remembered the designer info then we would only have to type the card info???) anyway..

it's like my husband says, you can only win the lottery by actually buying the tickets.. (oh right... yah.. i knew that....)
I totally wish the website could save the designer info, too!! To put my own fix on it, I downloaded a free software program called RoboForm. It saves the contact info that you specify and puts a little toolbar on your screen. Then you just click one single button and it fills in your name, address, phone, etc, etc... whatever you want. It make the whole submitting process way easier. I also wrote a post on how to simplify the submission process here... it may or may not help you depending on how you do things, but it's a picture of how I try to make things go a bit faster.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #116  
Embossing Fanatic

Well, I'll start by saying that I am on the cover of the Stamp It mag, with a PTI card. I submit very little, maybe 3 cards a call, and that was my first with PaperCrafts, and I've got one in the current issue, and another coming up...all using PTI. BUT, in my head, I have a theory. To me, PTI has a very clean and graphic style, which is why I love them I *think* that it is probably hard to have a card with a ton of details photograph very well. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I know I have a hard time getting tiny details to show up. PTI stamps do not have a ton of tiny detail, which is why they photograph so nicely. (again, this is just my theory). So, when the only cards I was getting "picked up" were graphic, mainly PTI cards...that is mostly what I submit. So, I guess I'm guilty of not submitting other styles. I am an "unknown", so I totally think anyone can get published!

Again, this is just what goes on in my head :0)

www.thedancingpear.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Totally unrelated, but this is a great example of what I love most about SCS. We all have the freedom to speak our minds in a nice, respectful manner, and interact with others who may have another perspective. Love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Totally unrelated, but this is a great example of what I love most about SCS. We all have the freedom to speak our minds in a nice, respectful manner, and interact with others who may have another perspective. Love it.
I couldn't agree more!!

My Blog
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #119  
Pearl-ExPert

I have subscribed to Paper Crafts for years and enjoy getting my issue each month. Obviously I have noticed it having a lot of PTI cards and while I enjoy seeing PTI projects would like to see more variety in the future. (which I think was hinted at...)I know we all have our favorite companies and there are some talented designers from so many... I myself am hoping to see more Gina K. Designs in there, LOL!

Thanks Go-To Gals for your wonderful advice/comments! I will say I have never had a problem with the supply list or detail list for creating the project. I often times recognize it right off (sometimes just because I have seen it previewed on Moxie Fab or Paper Crafts Connection). I am certainly looking forward to the future of PaperCrafts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #120  
Hardware Hotshot

I hope my post didn't upset anyone. I just felt that it was worth pointing out that Nichole probably has a lot of close ties to the magazine, considering her past associations with them.
Reply With Quote Likes