Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Idea! But shooooot, I was just there and I never thought of it! Yikes. I need to go back. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #42  
Crimping Master

Default Didn't think of envelopes

But I bought bags of red silver and green kisses and hugs to use the red and silver for V-day, and bought all the red M&M holders they had to alter for V day.

Last year I bought a ton of tasteless Velentine cookies for the 8 1/2 X 11 tin they came in at 90% off (69 cents each, love them, they are the same depth as stamps, so I sorted all my non SU into them)

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I was so busy loading up on 90% off gift boxes I didn't even think to get cards for the envelopes. And I call myself a stamper????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 34 Likes on 7 Posts

Here in Canada Hallmark has bundles of envelopes ...50 for $1.00. After every holiday they send the cards back or do something with them.. and the envys are left over. Easter usually has pastel coloured ones too! I think any store that sells Hallmark cards does the same thing because last Thanksgiving I got some nice yellow and rust at our local drug store!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangonsnoopeaView Post
But I bought bags of red silver and green kisses and hugs to use the red and silver for V-day, and bought all the red M&M holders they had to alter for V day.
Julie
Keep the green kisses for St. Paddy's Day! I picked up red Hershey's Treasures for .69 a bag to use for V's Day.

MY PINTEREST BOARDS MY BLOG MY WEBSITE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

I was just at Target this morning and bought 10 packs of cards/envelopes holding 10 each; the envelopes conform to A2 size, though they are a bit wider than 4 3/4 inches. They were 49 cents per package! I also picked up two boxes of 16 cards and envelopes which are 5x7 inches; I think those were 69 cents each. Unfortunately the cards are too flimsy to use as bases, but they are non-shiny and made from recycled materials. I will recycle them once again.

(P.S. Here's a tip for those of you who forget to bring a tape measure to check the size of envelopes before purchasing: Go to the scrapbooking/papercrafting aisle at Target and grab a package of A2 envelopes in a clear cellophane wrapper so you can measure the on-sale holiday ones next to it. Some person had left one of those packages in the marked down holiday cards section so I was able to use this trick myself.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

I bought about 20 boxes today! I bought some with snowflakes, some red, some silver and some white. There were silver embossed photo frame cards that said 2007, but that part was easily covered. And can be used for just the frame! The sentiments inside can be cut off...and rematted to use inside! The ones I bought were hideously ugly, so not much use for the fronts other than the blank white or red space on them for tags. These puppies are getting cut up for valentines and the silver for other things! Wooohoo! I am loaded now! Thanks for the great tip!
Reply With Quote Likes