Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Joann Emails with Coupons

For quite some time I have noticed I no longer receive 'sale flyer' emails with coupons from Joann. I have re-subbed a couple of times but still do not receive them.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

It's frustrating to not know when there are free or special shipping codes as well as scrapbooking/stamping sales.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I still get quite a few from them. Is it possible that they are going to your spam folder or that your email provider is filtering them out?

Last edited by JenCarter; 06-15-2015 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine still arrive regularly, a few times a week. This week they had a 15% off entire purchase (*including sale items)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My provider filters them, so I used another account... happened to Kohl's too.... hard to explain to them how awful it is... they were less than helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use Yahoo email, they are not filtered. But if you put them in your Contacts, would that get them past your provider's filter?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I no longer receive them either. They stopped for awhile, then started again but have now stopped again. I have two email accounts with different providers and don't receive at either one. I also no longer receive their flyers in the mail even though I signed up again. Very frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Had the idea to check into my Joann account to see if there might be some setting there for getting email flyers. Sure enough, email was unchecked, text & mail were checked.

Since I didn't have a mobile # entered I don't get a text flyer. What's interesting is that the state was wrong in my address & no zip entered. Yet I do get flyers in the mail & when I order online they seem to have my full address when I log in.

Going to try subbing for flyer with email other than the one associated with my account to see if I start getting flyers at both email addresses, just one, or still none.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

OH BOY! I am having this same problem for about a year now. Recently, I called Joann's 3 times and spent an hour with 3 diff "customer service" people who have no idea what is going on, nor can they transfer me to someone who knows. All 3 have actually said to me that "nobody knows"! I have been shopping at J's for 40 years and have been getting emails for 10 years, then suddenly I was cut off from emails and direct mail. Apparently, placing orders is a completely separate thing, so that does not generate emails either.

My account preferences seem to change every time that I look at them. I do not have a cell phone, so I never would check off text message, but today, it is checked along with direct mail, and email unchecked, but it constantly changes. My hobby preferences change or disappear altogether. My email and mailing addresses are consistently there, and surprisingly, packages arrive (although I am not sure why I should order from them).

Actually, I was even more interested in finding out WHY I was cut off than getting signed up again, so that I could determine whether I even wanted to do business with them. But no one cared to listen to my question and they keep trying to patch up my account without my interest. One clue is that since I kept entering my email address (and filled out postcard) to sign up again, it opened a "new account" and so apparently I had 20 "accounts" but still got zero emails/flyers, because more than one account cancels all accounts?

J's needs some really basic programming fixes and doesn't seem interested at all in correcting problems to keep good, long-time customers. People should not have to beg to get sales flyers to spend $ at a store!

I went to facebook since calling customer service was unhelpful, and all Katie said was to "call customer service"....:( Finally now, supposedly a supervisor will call, but I have been told that once before. IF I get an answer, I will post it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 733 Likes on 355 Posts

Now that you mention it, yes, I am not getting them anymore either. Very odd. I did place an order in the past 6 months so it shouldnt be due to lack of use. In fact when I get the chance I need to go do another.

I did have to place that order by phone though-it would not process the order online. Which was tedious at best since I had a lot of little items and a new person-but she was very nice.

Technology is so advanced these days...if you dont open them enough times maybe they know and just stop sending them? But it does not sound like that is the issue here. Could be with me.

I do notice though that the 40% off scrapbooking is right there on the site-we dont need a coupon for that anymore. The free shipping is another thing though.

My problem with them historically is they wont take 2 coupons so you have to pick between a discount and a shipping one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Same thing has happened to me. I figured I probably must have taken them up on the free shipping offers one too many times so they decided to dump me. I have tried re-subscribing many times and so far no luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to get them, but not anymore. I order from them a few times a year online.

I have never managed to get on the Michael's mailing list. I just use the app on my phone for the latest coupon when I go to the store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I get them all the time. If you aren't, check your spam folder, and if you use a stand alone email program like Outlook, check both the Outlook junk folder and the folder on your ISPs webmail. If you don't see any there it is likely your ISP has blacklisted Joann's as spammer and bounces back any mail they send to your ISP, so they have blocked you. You would never know this and no CS person would have a clue either. Only Joann's IT people would know.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. I like Joann's but their coupons are scams. That 30-60% of regular priced items sounds like an amazing deal,until you realize they've gone and marked down almost everything in the store. I really dislike stores that play games like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

If you really want to get the coupons each week just install the Joann's app on your phone. The cashier can scan it right off it. No printing or clipping necessary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I've found that the app on the phone doesn't provide coupons like it used to. It's much more advertising. I used to be able to open the app and right on the front page was a link to my coupons. No more. I'm not getting them in my email, but I still get them in the mail. Also, I frequently check the site CouponGreat.com and they always have the Joann coupons available.

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
I've found that the app on the phone doesn't provide coupons like it used to. It's much more advertising. I used to be able to open the app and right on the front page was a link to my coupons. No more. I'm not getting them in my email, but I still get them in the mail. Also, I frequently check the site CouponGreat.com and they always have the Joann coupons available.
The app provides all the coupons as it always has:
Attached Thumbnails
Joann Emails with Coupons-joann.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes