Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO Ideas for a Wedding Planner

One of my stamp club members just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to make her a wedding planner for her to keep her ideas, and other fun stuff in... any ideas and suggestions? I was thinking of altering some kind of notebook and adding different tabs that she can keep track of her planning...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Alli Mills made a very cute one on her blog. http://allistamps.blogspot.com/2008/...ountdown4

Visit my Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for... anybody else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

What a great idea! I must do this for my daughter! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing that I found VERY useful was to have a zippered three-ring binder for my wedding planner. This way I was able to add pictures of the dresses, flowers, etc., and page protectors to hold receipts, napkin samples, fabric sample of the bridesmaid dresses for comparison with other items, etc. The zippered binder also came with a built-in calculator and pen holder that came in handy too.

So for ME, I needed something that I could really USE - not just something cute. Having the zippered binder meant that nothing would fall out and I could add things as needed. I wasn't just "stuck" with the pages that someone else thought I could use. I didn't do anything crafty with my planner, but I bet you could decorate the category dividers as well as making one of those neat beaded pens.

Anyhow, just my opinion from someone who likes to be organized. (And what's more important that a wedding?!!) LOL

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

As the mother of the bride (wedding is coming up in July), one important thing I would add to any planner would be envelopes. Those could be easily punched and added to a bind it all notebook--or perhaps added to a notebook you are altering . . . some vellum ones would be pretty. Envelopes are very practical for including business cards, receipts, etc.

I ended up altering a very nice yearly planner that I was gifted with. It doesn't zip, but has a flap that closes magnetically.

I have a calendar section; and then I altered and added sections for contacts, timelines, reception, dresses, financial/budget, etc.

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow! thanks for all the input...! I better get working on it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Idea for Wedding Planner

One thing I did for my daughter's wedding guest book, was in a word processing program, I did a watermark very faintly that said the bride and groom's names and their date of marriage (i.e., Annie and Ben - May 4, 2002), for example. Copy it over and over again until it takes up the whole page. It looks like custom made background paper if you do it light enough but still "readable". Then add the signature lines for the guests on top. Looks pretty cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dauberdoo, my daughter is getting married in July, also! I'm making her a scrapbook of all the activities and would love to know how you did the watermark paper.

As for the wedding planner, I also recommend a zippered one or a large--read LARGE binder! It's unbelievable how much 'stuff' you accumulate and it needs to be organized in order to access it quickly. Good luck with all the plans!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

My sister just got engaged and I wanted to make something special for her so I'm glad I found this thread! Just an idea, if you want to put a binder together but also want to decorate it, how about a binder with those plastic see through windows on the front and back covers? Then you could scrap an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and stick it in there. You can also scrap a thin piece for the edge of the binder so if you put it on a shelf, you can see it. I guess it's not as secure as a zippered binder but it would be really cute! You can add sheet protectors and plastic folders in the binder for more storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808to310galView Post
My sister just got engaged and I wanted to make something special for her so I'm glad I found this thread! Just an idea, if you want to put a binder together but also want to decorate it, how about a binder with those plastic see through windows on the front and back covers? Then you could scrap an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and stick it in there. You can also scrap a thin piece for the edge of the binder so if you put it on a shelf, you can see it. I guess it's not as secure as a zippered binder but it would be really cute! You can add sheet protectors and plastic folders in the binder for more storage.
A binder sounds like a good idea too.... would you separate into different catergories? and if so, what catagories would you use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

My son got married in December. Some of the categories you might put in a book are church, reception, invitations, caterer, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, transportation, hotels, honeymoon, gifts (groomsman, bridesmaids,parents), photographer, receipts/expenses. Just to name a few! And of course, every bride needs a good wedding planning schedule, and a calendar with a section for contacts and their phone numbers.

Congrats to all you soon to be mothers-in-law!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

OOPPS! I forgot the FLOWERS!, dresses and tux rentals! Can't have undressed wedding party!
Reply With Quote Likes